FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not sure if i take him seriously

Not sure if i take him seriously

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *upitersmile OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Was discussing the US election with OH and I said they had a lucky escape, would want someone that believed the earth is less than 10 thousand years old and thought man walked alongside dinosaurs ruling my county.

He then turned to me with a very serious look saying that man did walk with dinosaurs!

Now he's not in the slightest bit religious (I am but don't take the bible literally) and I was dumbfounded by his statement. Even after trying to explain its just not possible that dinosaurs died out over 60m years ago and humans only been around 60thound years he's still adamant humans and dinosaurs coexisted

I really hope he's winding me up, but has got me thinking have any of you been brought up to believe this? If so is this still your view or have you put your faith in science?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Man was definately walking with dinosaurs!

Isaw it on the telly so it must be true!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to get told my mum rode to school on the back of a dinasaur lol

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"Man was definately walking with dinosaurs!

Isaw it on the telly so it must be true! "

ive seen it too !!

As a child yes but that was due to my parents believing it was true.. not their fault... I remember being totally surprised to learn that it was not true. I then had the trying task of trying to educate my parents following my discovery!!

Manchester

"I used to get told my mum rode to school on the back of a dinasaur lol"

My grandad used to say that to me lol

Dear op

Man did not walk with dinosaurs, the person you were having your discussion with needs to get a history lesson! The BBC have confirmed in two programs that they didn't!

Manchester

"As a child yes but that was due to my parents believing it was true.. not their fault... I remember being totally surprised to learn that it was not true. I then had the trying task of trying to educate my parents following my discovery!!"

How did that go, not looking forward to it if hes being serious with me!

He said that's what he was taught at school!

[Removed by poster at 07/11/12 18:58:48]

Manchester

It had never crossed my mind as we've often discussed evolution so I can't understand his thinking on this!

Homo (Genus), a distant ape-like ancestor of modern humans existed approximately 2.5m years ago. Modern man has been around for a mere 200,000 years. The dinosaurs became exist 65m years ago.

It is physically impossible for man and dinosaurs to have existed at the same time. Man would not have been equipped to survive with such formidable predators and had man and dinosaurs existed together it wouldn't have been for long as we'd would be been natural prey for carnivorous dinosaurs.

* extinct 65m years ago

He's wrong, of course, OP, but convincing him of that might be more trouble than it is worth.

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple  over a year ago

Tenerife

"Dear op

Man did not walk with dinosaurs, the person you were having your discussion with needs to get a history lesson! The BBC have confirmed in two programs that they didn't! "

oh the bbc said it on 2 (not 1 but 2) programmes.

Basically how would anyone know if humans walked with dinosaurs??

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

Obviously in need of medical assistance

Manchester

"Homo (Genus), a distant ape-like ancestor of modern humans existed approximately 2.5m years ago. Modern man has been around for a mere 200,000 years. The dinosaurs became exist 65m years ago.

It is physically impossible for man and dinosaurs to have existed at the same time. Man would not have been equipped to survive with such formidable predators and had man and dinosaurs existed together it wouldn't have been for long as we'd would be been natural prey for carnivorous dinosaurs."

This is pretty much what I have told him although maybe 60,000 years is when man left Africa then????

Jurassic park is real and that was made in 94 or 95

Manchester

"He's wrong, of course, OP, but convincing him of that might be more trouble than it is worth."

I always thought I was living with an intelligent man

Maybe if I offer extra sexual favors he might come round to my way of thinking lol

Manchester

"Jurassic park is real and that was made in 94 or 95 "
thats the only film I've ever had nightmares about! *whispers*.....I still do, sssh

"This is pretty much what I have told him although maybe 60,000 years is when man left Africa then????

"

The Africa is the cradle of man belief has come under scrutiny in recent years. Evidence has been found of negroid people in China as well as in South America so there is an argument being put forward that the land masses of the Earth were once joined and man roamed freely around it. When the continents began drifting apart those tribes who inhabited the various parts of land found themselves cut off but they were basically of the same breed of man.

lol what utter rubbish! no such thing as dinosaurs ! just the satan's way of making you think the worlds older than it is! carbon dating I hear you cry! no such thing, the devil!

vote romney.

Man and dino`s definitely existed together.

What the hell do you think T-REX used to floss his teeth with

oh dear is this another wind up !!!!

possibly a devotee of L Ron Hubbard...

Doesn't this mean that for years we've been sold a pup with the Flintstones?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Only one word to say on this :

Flintstones

Manchester

I'll ask him if that's how they taught him lol

"Man and dino`s definitely existed together.

What the hell do you think T-REX used to floss his teeth with "

Mrs T-Rex's pubes, obviously.

Brazillian waxing hadn't been invented then.

well its commonly known that from records and scientific data.Appears obvious to most of us.

Of course U have to take into account mans fantasies of fire breathing dragons from thousands of years ago.Gossip?passed down histories?- as most of us know, living in britain, we wouldnt really see giant reptilian beasts let alone crocodiles.What about dragons on the oriental area of the world?

Then there is the idea of beasts frozen in ice(the wooly mammoth being one of the latest), what about strange sightings of lochness type ones.

Nature does have a way of tricking us into believing some things dont or shouldnt exist, if we did know..they probably wouldnt exist due to our nature.

anyway back to ur OH,is there anything wrong with believing they did exist alongside humans? lol

back to the flintstones..i want a Dino!!!!

Man and dinosaurs living togeather HA! Next you'll be telling me that the earth isn't flat .....

Manchester

"

anyway back to ur OH,is there anything wrong with believing they did exist alongside humans? lol

back to the flintstones..i want a Dino!!!!"

Apart from our children are better educated than him no lol, I'm looking forward to them trying to convince him now!

I want one of their hoovers! Lol and betty has got to be the sexiest cartoon ever!!

"

Apart from our children are better educated than him no lol, I'm looking forward to them trying to convince him now!

I want one of their hoovers! Lol and betty has got to be the sexiest cartoon ever!! "

the first true swingers were the flinstones a,m sure of it...of course..I dunno if i wanna know which animal was used as a vibrator...

Manchester

"

I want one of their hoovers! Lol and betty has got to be the sexiest cartoon ever!!

the first true swingers were the flinstones a,m sure of it...of course..I dunno if i wanna know which animal was used as a vibrator..."

Well you've intrigued me now....do tell

Have you lot never seen Journey to the centre of the earth? Jurassic Park?

There's the evidence!

Dummies!!

tee hee hee! just googled "fuckstones!" lol!! brings back memories!!

"As a child yes but that was due to my parents believing it was true.. not their fault... I remember being totally surprised to learn that it was not true. I then had the trying task of trying to educate my parents following my discovery!!

How did that go, not looking forward to it if hes being serious with me!

He said that's what he was taught at school! "

It was hard work at the time,, especially when my mother kept butting in saying "but in the films dinosaurs attacked the men" as you can imagine it was a trying experience

» Add a new message to this topic