FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > movember moaners

movember moaners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asy times OP   Man  over a year ago

ayr

Why is it abit of fun an charity gets u a total slagging coz your taking part in rasing funds for something that has killed an effected so many people??? Including me. At 23 to be told u have cancer makes u realise how vunrable life really is! Sorry ladys but the movember is staying and its just begun!!!! Any other views??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who is slagging it?

We did it last year at work and it was all positive.

There's no excuse for facial hair. But once a year and just for a month - and in such a fine cause - even I can bite my tongue.

By *H.coupleCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Why is it abit of fun an charity gets u a total slagging coz your taking part in rasing funds for something that has killed an effected so many people??? Including me. At 23 to be told u have cancer makes u realise how vunrable life really is! Sorry ladys but the movember is staying and its just begun!!!! Any other views?? "

I'm all for it,never heard of anyone getting a slagging for it. However i dont grow one as i look like a sex offender with a moustache

ayr

A random few. I wont call out any names but sad to think there are people who cant try shed a smile over something so crule and deadly.

"as i look like a sex offender with a moustache "

That's exactly why I did it last year and not this year

My brother does it every year and looks like a complete nob, but I sponsor him, I think it's a great thing to do, just ignore anyone who slags you off

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'm taking part

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I've never seen anyone slagging it off either. I personally always sponsor and support the event.

My dad died of prostate cancer so it's a cause that's close to my heart.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 05/11/12 20:44:41]

ayr

Thanks for the positive feed bk. Ive taken part every year an this was first place i had people have a go at me over it. Tho im glad to see the positive comments.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Thanks for the positive feed bk. Ive taken part every year an this was first place i had people have a go at me over it. Tho im glad to see the positive comments. "

Here? As in on the site? How do they know you are doing it with no pics on your profile or any other mention of it apart from this thread?

My son is two years clear, and my nepthew six months clear, both had testicular cancer, so I take my hat off yo all you men who are taking part. Thank you xx

ayr

"Thanks for the positive feed bk. Ive taken part every year an this was first place i had people have a go at me over it. Tho im glad to see the positive comments.

Here? As in on the site? How do they know you are doing it with no pics on your profile or any other mention of it apart from this thread? "

Ive recent pics of it in my folder an had sent them in some messages i had sent in replys. This isnt something i would make up!.

"Thanks for the positive feed bk. Ive taken part every year an this was first place i had people have a go at me over it. Tho im glad to see the positive comments. "

Just step back and realise that you can't help some people.

You are raising money for a very good cause and probably making yourself look like a prat for a month while having an itching caterpillar on your top lip.

Deserves nothing but support in my book.

ayr

"My son is two years clear, and my nepthew six months clear, both had testicular cancer, so I take my hat off yo all you men who are taking part. Thank you xx"

Im pleased to hear that. I myself am now clear and bk to full health. Makes u realise how fragile life is. Thanks for your support.

A fellow mo-bro here think Fab should have a mo on the front page similar to when they supported breast cancer or at least have an emoticon with a tache

November has my support every year, I lost my father to prostate cancer. I don't see how any person worth knowing will object to a little bit of fun once a year.

I'm in again this year and got nothing but positive feedback - at work, from friends, strangers - and even meets!

Apparently it "tickles the inner thigh nicely" !!

I've not seen anyone shagging Mowvember or those taking part

I don't like facial hair, personally, but once a year, for charity is a bit different.

Not growing this year but already feeling a bit left out! I did sport a rather racy full bandito-style Mo last year though and have posted the pictorial proof on my profile, so feel free to mock

I feel a cheater cause by time Novemeber is here I already have facial hair. I don't look as fat with facial hair as I do without it, although I trim it and dont let it grow wild. This year I did shave cleanly to take part in growing a Movember lol. Even though I looked fat for a few days haha.

How can my 'phone autocorrupt Movember? It's not a dictionary word. It's consistently corrupting it to Mowvember though.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I love facial hair on a guy, its sexy and mmmmmmmm, so no movember slagging off here....unfortunately i now know more people with cancer/recovering from cancer than those whos lives have never been touched by it.

» Add a new message to this topic