FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Can anyone truly be an island?

Can anyone truly be an island?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reenonions OP   Man  over a year ago

Nr Exeter

Just exploring, open thought kinda stuff....

Is there anything wrong with keeping emotional distance and avoiding getting really involved with someone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Each to their own.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

i think that must be a terribly lonely way to live but i'm sure there are some people who are like that. Z

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

no not at all, but it depends what you mean by emotions. Im very fond of some of the guys i see and dare i say care about them as ive known some along while. But if i didnt see them again id be sad but thats it. Im not a robot so i think when you do repeated one to ones with someone there beomes some emotional attatchment. Its knowing the right balance

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It depends on the two people sometimes we meet someone and there is an instant connection so its hard to keep emotions apart from the situation.. I have met a few people that I have had a strong connection with but that was it a connection.. for a short while..

It all depends on the situation.. However I use self preservation and tend not to jump in the deep end like I used to.. now I swim in shallow end..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think some people (myself included) whilst participating in socials and getting known to people, dont give themselves readily to people. I tend to keep people at (very long) arms length, for personal reasons.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I think it all depends on the nature of your relationship with someone, I do have a regular friend, is it anything more than NSA? No, it's not, do I care about him? Of course I do! Do I make sure he lets me know he is home safe? God yeah!(it is a two hour drive for him to get home!) Will it ever be more than NSA? No it wont, doesn't stop me caring/worrying (Yes, I can be a softie at times) Just don't tell anyone! lol

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

I too dont give myself to people very easily. I am quite a private person and only really open up when I am very comfortable with someone.

I am as happy in my own company as I am living it up at a wild social event or a night on the town. I just choose how much I give away and when.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm more of a penis-ular.

By *rbigmisshornyCouple  over a year ago

Livingston

yes you can be an Island. reason: Just be kos

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If I was an island, I'd be Scilly.