FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Changing friendships...

Changing friendships...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Most of us probably experienced this at some point in our lives. We are friends with somebody and suddenly or gradually, for no particular or obvious reason at all we feel that the friendship has changed, and maybe not for the better.

What do we/ should we/ could we... do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

put a contract on them

"put a contract on them "

Thanks lol... why didnt I think of that...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Known as fair weather friends I think.

"put a contract on them

Thanks lol... why didnt I think of that..."

Git friends I need to put contracts on... My best mate don't talk to me no more cis she got a fella. Used to hear from her daily now I'm lucky if its obv every couple of months even though I txt daily and ask how things are

Obviously not real friends

Contracts (and joke) aside... how do you know that things are not quite the same.. and then, if you want to rekindle the relationship, how would you go about it? Just a thought, I dont have anything or anybody specific in mind right now but the conversation came up and it made me think. (Sorry folks, it happened a second time this evening

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I had a best friend in London who I was best friends with for years along with her sister and some other girls.. We were close always around each other where one was the other one was...

However they were not always the nicest to be around in fact one of them slept with a guy I really liked..and they stole my bank card and took money out. They never knew I knew they had done that..

It was only after I got married and moved to Germany what a relief it was not to be around them.. I could be free and not worry in how to say no when they used to ask for money.. I was the only one working out the group or having to take them for nights out..

I came back to England and never saw them again.. I spoke briefly on the phone to my best friend but it was not the same..We had nothing in common and very little had changed.. I have made some great friends ones that don't use me or put me down.. Its a wonderful feeling to have friends are just that friends..

"Most of us probably experienced this at some point in our lives. We are friends with somebody and suddenly or gradually, for no particular or obvious reason at all we feel that the friendship has changed, and maybe not for the better.

"

People do things we sometimes don't agree with so with time you drift away and end up meeting new friend. It happens to most people over time with some of your friends so I wouldn't fret about it.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"Most of us probably experienced this at some point in our lives. We are friends with somebody and suddenly or gradually, for no particular or obvious reason at all we feel that the friendship has changed, and maybe not for the better.

"

I would try to ressurect the friendship, but only once. If they didn't reciprocate, I'd just forget them

People do things we sometimes don't agree with so with time you drift away and end up meeting new friend. It happens to most people over time with some of your friends so I wouldn't fret about it. "

You are quite right, and I was not thinking of anybody particular.. I was more having a pensive reflective evening.. the sort of thing you do on a cold winter night with no chocolate at home

"Contracts (and joke) aside... how do you know that things are not quite the same.. and then, if you want to rekindle the relationship, how would you go about it? Just a thought, I dont have anything or anybody specific in mind right now but the conversation came up and it made me think. (Sorry folks, it happened a second time this evening "

The lack of contact or reduction in the amount of contact is the biggest give away. Problem there is if there not close enough to just pop round then you can't do much about it

People do things we sometimes don't agree with so with time you drift away and end up meeting new friend. It happens to most people over time with some of your friends so I wouldn't fret about it. You are quite right, and I was not thinking of anybody particular.. I was more having a pensive reflective evening.. the sort of thing you do on a cold winter night with no chocolate at home "

You should never be in the position of no chocolate at home.

People do things we sometimes don't agree with so with time you drift away and end up meeting new friend. It happens to most people over time with some of your friends so I wouldn't fret about it. You are quite right, and I was not thinking of anybody particular.. I was more having a pensive reflective evening.. the sort of thing you do on a cold winter night with no chocolate at home

You should never be in the position of no chocolate at home. "

You are so right! It will not happen again, ever!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We drift from people for various reasons, i know i have, different hobbies, new partners, having children. There are all kinds of reasons why we drift from someone. My close friends will always be my close friends. If you have drifted from someone i would guess it would be hard to bring it back to how it was, however, i am going through this with someone at the moment as its a very poinent time in there life. Its baby steps at the moment

It is a 2-way process, both parties need to work on being friends to each other.

I seldom look back and ponder about losing touch with peeps, and do not wish to get in touch with them to catch up on old times, as I am likely to have nothing in common with them after all these years except "old times".

There is a saying that I can't quite remember right now about friends comming into your life for a season, blah blah. Hehe. Does anyone know uif saying I am on about?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

is it ....

Be sure that he is a leper

Who only kisses you for your pepper?

What I don't get is why peoples friendships change due to having kids obviously some activities have to change but a lot can stay the same so why do people some friends stop talking to you completely for it

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Some people who you thought were friends accidentally show that /or you find out that they have had a hidden agenda masked by the guise of "friendship" ....... in that case its no great loss and you are better off without them in your life

"I had a best friend in London who I was best friends with for years along with her sister and some other girls.. We were close always around each other where one was the other one was...

However they were not always the nicest to be around in fact one of them slept with a guy I really liked..and they stole my bank card and took money out. They never knew I knew they had done that..

It was only after I got married and moved to Germany what a relief it was not to be around them.. I could be free and not worry in how to say no when they used to ask for money.. I was the only one working out the group or having to take them for nights out..

I came back to England and never saw them again.. I spoke briefly on the phone to my best friend but it was not the same..We had nothing in common and very little had changed.. I have made some great friends ones that don't use me or put me down.. Its a wonderful feeling to have friends are just that friends.. "

They were most definitely nit your friends!

I found that when I had a child and became a single mom, I very quickly realised who my true friends were, even some I had been friends with for 15 years. I have shredded quite a few friends over the last 8 years because my _iew was if they are not enhancing my life in anyway, get rid!

My best mate gave colonic irrigations we went from friends to enemas overnight

"My best mate gave colonic irrigations we went from friends to enemas overnight "

love it!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I never worry about these things.

"My best mate gave colonic irrigations we went from friends to enemas overnight "
pmsl

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

People tend to carry on growing thoughout their lives and sometimes their paths change from the same path as yourself. Not a lot you can do but remember the good times you shared and maybe meet every once in a while. Oh and of course ask them to bring chocolate

"People tend to carry on growing thoughout their lives and sometimes their paths change from the same path as yourself. Not a lot you can do but remember the good times you shared and maybe meet every once in a while. Oh and of course ask them to bring chocolate "
You do have a valid point, as always... and the chocolates are moving in at a fast rate...

well the theory goes that evry seven years we have a life cycle hence if you break a mirror you have seven years bad luck as we loose one of our life cycles so when we find we are drifting aprt from friends maybe outr seven years are not ticking together any more if that makes sense ....or as someone said near begining of this forum go put a contract out on them sounds more fun lol

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"People tend to carry on growing thoughout their lives and sometimes their paths change from the same path as yourself. Not a lot you can do but remember the good times you shared and maybe meet every once in a while. Oh and of course ask them to bring chocolate You do have a valid point, as always... and the chocolates are moving in at a fast rate..."

Just waiting for the chocolate body paint

» Add a new message to this topic