FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone else use Tinder? Tinder Tales

Anyone else use Tinder? Tinder Tales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ammo89 OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I recently deleted Tinder after using it for 2 months. Was a strange experience for sure.

In that time, I got 4 matches. One was a bot, and the other three ghosted me within 2 messages.

I'm interested to hear other Tinder Tales? Has anyone here used Tinder successfully?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s alright. I’ve had it about 4 months this time around. Just less than I’ve been back on here.

Got lots of matches. Most Were going really well until they found out I was poly . I got ghosted by one after a first date. One I told her I wasn’t interested after a first date. One I ended up sleeping with on the first date and then got a bit overwhelmed by the poly thing (there’s a theme ) and then there has been one success story from there which is someone I’ve seen a few times and will probably continue to see for a while (when I’m more free).

Basically- it’s great for casual sex and casual sex partners. Maybe ok for relationships idk. But not ideal for someone like me that’s looking for poly partners.

Would I recommend? Yes. It’s easy to match and so really good for an ego boost. But if you’re looking for love you’re better off on hinge and if you’re poly you’re better off on OkC.

6.5/10

[Removed by poster at 22/05/22 21:19:45]

Aberdeen

"It’s alright. I’ve had it about 4 months this time around. Just less than I’ve been back on here.

Got lots of matches. Most Were going really well until they found out I was poly . I got ghosted by one after a first date. One I told her I wasn’t interested after a first date. One I ended up sleeping with on the first date and then got a bit overwhelmed by the poly thing (there’s a theme ) and then there has been one success story from there which is someone I’ve seen a few times and will probably continue to see for a while (when I’m more free).

Basically- it’s great for casual sex and casual sex partners. Maybe ok for relationships idk. But not ideal for someone like me that’s looking for poly partners.

Would I recommend? Yes. It’s easy to match and so really good for an ego boost. But if you’re looking for love you’re better off on hinge and if you’re poly you’re better off on OkC.

6.5/10"

At this point, I was just trying to get more than 4 matches in 2 months .

Glad you got a lot of matches. God knows what I was doing wrong then

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think all the guys I came acrossb on tinder, were also on here. Great for casual hook ups, not much else.

"It’s alright. I’ve had it about 4 months this time around. Just less than I’ve been back on here.

6.5/10

Glad you got a lot of matches. God knows what I was doing wrong then"

Basically I live in London. That’s all I’m doing right.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

Nope, was bad enough on POF. I’ll wait till I bump into Mr Right in Farm Foods.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I ended up back on here as a result of tinder

I’m on the lesbian side of tinder so I’ve never had any issues but when I wasn’t there were some right weirdos lol

Aberdeen

6.5/10

Basically I live in London. That’s all I’m doing right. "

Why is being in London an advantage?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I join those places to see how many scammers pop up.

I know I shouldn't but it passes time I'd otherwise be spending playing Angry Birds.

I think some people swipe right on everyone to see who fancies them.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

6.5/10

Why is being in London an advantage?"

Zillions of people.

For gay and bi men who want dates not just sex meets, I think it is the best app going for that, came across a lot of quality profiles and matches when I was on it.

My understanding talking to straight friends etc on it, is a mixed opinion. Majority say it is good for sex, others say dates.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/22 22:39:49]

Tinder and the like burned out any last hopes I had for finding someone in my lifetime.

I've resigned myself to one one-nighter per year off here and a bunch of cats when I finally get my own place at the age of 50.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Not much luck on Tinder. I’ve had more success on here… and (as a single bloke) that’s saying something!

Aberdeen

6.5/10

Zillions of people. "

I had 4 matches in 2 months. Don't think it's the number of people to swipe that was the issue, more that I'm 33 and medium ugly :D

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Always surprises me when people have such bad luck on there

From 25 to about 28 I must have went on 100s of dates and pretty much 90% of them lead to a hook up, with about 30% going onto something like fwb situations

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Terrible, found it was just loads of men on a weekend sesh wanting to swap nudes with no intention of meeting. Very hard work.

Met up with 4 people.

First was an absolute weirdo who turned up outside my work before we'd even met (luckily I never saw him), he told me this on the date like it was normal as well as admitting everything he'd said in his messages was a lie.

Second turned out to be someone I'd known for 20 years but hadn't recognised. We ended up in a brief relationship. Massive mistake.

Third I wasn't interested in him, he didn't look anything like his pictures, he tried to kiss me and didn't take the hint when I tried to move away just kept coming so I had to say there and then. He sent me a rant message after about how I'd ruined his self confidence.

Forth, we became fuck buddies for 18 months, he's the best I've had. But he went out of his way to batter my head, like saying he didn't want to see me anymore (on snapchat so it deletes the messages), then messaging a couple hours later asking when we're next meeting saying he hadn't said that. Turning up an hour and a half late and ignoring his phone (I made sure I wasn't home for when he eventually did turn up). Blocking me then unblocking me a week later over and over, then when I asked why saying "we're just fucking!!" As if I was nuts and that was normal behaviour. Eventually I blocked him so I wouldn't be available when he unblocked me. If I'd known about fab there was no way I'd have put up with that for as long as I did.

Aberdeen

"Always surprises me when people have such bad luck on there

From 25 to about 28 I must have went on 100s of dates and pretty much 90% of them lead to a hook up, with about 30% going onto something like fwb situations "

Well considering your build, I'm not surprised you were successful on tinder tbh. I mean, its tailor-made for guys like you

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I had it for eighteen months and got zero dates out of it, just a whole lot of ghosting... usually when I suggested meeting up

I think location accounts for a lot. I guess the other ten percent was just me

LvM

w

From 25 to about 28 I must have went on 100s of dates and pretty much 90% of them lead to a hook up, with about 30% going onto something like fwb situations

Well considering your build, I'm not surprised you were successful on tinder tbh. I mean, its tailor-made for guys like you"

When I was 25 I was 25kg lighter and had a skin head too.

I’m really funny, that’s how you make it work

"

Zillions of people. "

Yep. Quick maths.

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

6.5/10

Zillions of people.

I had 4 matches in 2 months. Don't think it's the number of people to swipe that was the issue, more that I'm 33 and medium ugly :D"

I've get more matches in Aberdeen when I'm in town for one day a month

At home it's a lot lot lower.

Population density matters, it's purely a numbers game.

Out of all the apps, tinder has been the kindest to me.

Well considering your build, I'm not surprised you were successful on tinder tbh. I mean, its tailor-made for guys like you

I’m really funny, that’s how you make it work "

Nah tried that, it doesn't work.

And I'm +25kg lighter than when I was 25

w

And I'm +25kg lighter than when I was 25 "

Different strategies for women on apps sadly

But from what I’ve heard. A lot of guys online are all talk, and when it comes to meeting many go silent

But from what I’ve heard. A lot of guys online are all talk, and when it comes to meeting many go silent "

Yep. And if you don't mention sex within like the first 2 messages you don't get replied to (much like here actually)

w

But from what I’ve heard. A lot of guys online are all talk, and when it comes to meeting many go silent

Yep. And if you don't mention sex within like the first 2 messages you don't get replied to (much like here actually) "

Maybe that’s where I went right then, never bring up sex on apps. It’s cringe. Just go for a date then do actual sex. Talk is cheap right?

And I'm +25kg lighter than when I was 25 "

How much money have you swindled out of people on there?

How much money have you swindled out of people on there? "

Excuse me, read the name pls I don't swindle money I swindle wood, duh.

Excuse me, read the name pls I don't swindle money I swindle wood, duh. "

Watch Bradley Thor’s tik toks. He’s got some wood I’d like to see you swindle.

By *eisty LadyWoman  over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

Tried it briefly a good few years back, didn’t meet anyone, mostly men wanting a shag. Tinder has bad reputation for SA on women then the blokes in matching the victim within seconds so they can’t be tracked.

The woman behind Tinder left and set up Bumble which has the same issues

I tried Facebook dating for a bit but I’m not on it often enough to keep a conversation going

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

Tinder is a whole pile of bollox to be honest

Watch Bradley Thor’s tik toks. He’s got some wood I’d like to see you swindle. "

Daaaamn I'd blow my back out for his log

Aberdeen

So the three guys who say they have been really successful on tinder are muscley and good looking - go figure :D

My age is certainly a big issue too. 33 is certainly well past the peak for single guys

w

"So the three guys who say they have been really successful on tinder are muscley and good looking - go figure :D

My age is certainly a big issue too. 33 is certainly well past the peak for single guys"

You kidding? Men peak in their 30s

Don’t kid yourself. Men age like wine. Women age like milk.

Go get some

"So the three guys who say they have been really successful on tinder are muscley and good looking - go figure :D

My age is certainly a big issue too. 33 is certainly well past the peak for single guys"

Mate between this and the dick surgery thread you seem to have some real deep, unfounded insecurities. Maybe work on liking yourself first before you try and get other people to like you.

Aberdeen

My age is certainly a big issue too. 33 is certainly well past the peak for single guys

Go get some "

Most women on tinder will filter out guys over 30, though. And most women my age have kids. Nothing against single mums at all, but im just not really looking for having a kid at the moment

w

Go get some

Most women on tinder will filter out guys over 30, though. And most women my age have kids. Nothing against single mums at all, but im just not really looking for having a kid at the moment"

Most? Most don’t. Trust me. I get plenty of 18 year old matches, my lady girl from there was 21

Trust me. It’s no different to on here. They like older guys. Go get some man

Aberdeen

Go get some

Most women on tinder will filter out guys over 30, though. And most women my age have kids. Nothing against single mums at all, but im just not really looking for having a kid at the moment

Most? Most don’t. Trust me. I get plenty of 18 year old matches, my lady girl from there was 21

Trust me. It’s no different to on here. They like older guys. Go get some man "

Well then it must be my looks, because I've never matched with someone under 30 since I turned 30 Haha.

Either that or I need to be really built

Go get some

Most women on tinder will filter out guys over 30, though. And most women my age have kids. Nothing against single mums at all, but im just not really looking for having a kid at the moment"

I doubt women who are looking for dates on Tinder are gonna be bringing their kids along or planning to introduce you to them? Or are you looking for a proper relationship on there so thinking more long term?

w

Go get some

Well then it must be my looks, because I've never matched with someone under 30 since I turned 30 Haha.

Either that or I need to be really built"

Well if you want my opinion I think your good looking (better then me)

To make tinder work you need good pics. With smiling and fun activities. Just blank faced bathroom selfies don’t cut it

Then you need chat, and be direct. You should be asking for their number within 10 messages and you should be asking them out for a drink not long after that. Girls that want to date will say yes, the others just ignore.

Who made you like this op?

Aberdeen

Go get some

I doubt women who are looking for dates on Tinder are gonna be bringing their kids along or planning to introduce you to them? Or are you looking for a proper relationship on there so thinking more long term?

"

Yeah im using tinder to find someone to date, ideally. If someone comes along looking for just a casual thing then that's fine too, but dating is more my aim from it

Go get some

Either that or I need to be really built

Well if you want my opinion I think your good looking (better then me)

To make tinder work you need good pics. With smiling and fun activities. Just blank faced bathroom selfies don’t cut it

Then you need chat, and be direct. You should be asking for their number within 10 messages and you should be asking them out for a drink not long after that. Girls that want to date will say yes, the others just ignore. "

It's also polite to acknowledge people

Watch Bradley Thor’s tik toks. He’s got some wood I’d like to see you swindle.

Daaaamn I'd blow my back out for his log "

He’s nice init?

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I matched with my then three male housemates on Tinder. Then got a series of hilarious messages.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Think I was a user of several months didn't like it think I had few matches but most of the time these are bots trying to get a user to upgrade long story short I got kicked off not for anything bad just trying to skip through the hoops

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I met M through Tinder so I think it's awesome.

K

Aberdeen

"I met M through Tinder so I think it's awesome.

K"

Nice, glad it worked for you guys

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I was surprised by how many people's profiles started with something like "Not into hook ups or ONS..."

I always wanted to msg that they're probably on the wrong app!

Turns out I am an old fart amd my kids tell me that tinder is pretty much their POF. They were actually shocked when I told them that it was originally well known as being *the* hook-up app.

I have tinder. Rarely use it but I did meet a guy on there who I introduced fab to.

Then he introduced fab to his friend so I think it's worked out well!

By *DSGCouple  over a year ago

That place in

When I was on Tinder I kept getting messages from men in the USA who wanted to move to ireland and have 'the little woman'already waiting for them over here, only thought l had was its a scam

That's going back at least 8 years now

I've matched and chatted but it never goes anywhere. I don't swipe right often and then they don't seem able to have a conversation. Not sure why I bother.

I swipe left if a guy doesn't have any text. In my experience people who can't be bothered to say anything aren't people I will be interested in.

Portsmouth

Go for an older woman, our kids are grown and we like men in their mid 30s.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Go for an older woman, our kids are grown and we like men in their mid 30s."

No we don't

By *ustbrowsing 999Man  over a year ago

colchester

"Nope, was bad enough on POF. I’ll wait till I bump into Mr Right in Farm Foods. "

Who would of thought lol

w

"I was surprised by how many people's profiles started with something like "Not into hook ups or ONS..."

I always wanted to msg that they're probably on the wrong app!

Turns out I am an old fart amd my kids tell me that tinder is pretty much their POF. They were actually shocked when I told them that it was originally well known as being *the* hook-up app."

Anyone with “no hook ups or ONS” on their profile are always down for hookups and ONS in my experience. Normally it’s a good indicator they will be down

Portsmouth

"Go for an older woman, our kids are grown and we like men in their mid 30s.

No we don't "

#notallolderwomen

No we don't

#notallolderwomen "

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

No we don't

#notallolderwomen "

Good lass

By *arkhorse12345Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Been on tinder over couple years .

More sex from tinder than here ..

Keep it simple ..

Try not to play with someone's emotions to get laid ..

In first few messages be genuine polite and make your intentions clear and if its not for her then wish best luck and move on ..

Most times women appreciate honesty and happy to meet and see how it goes ...

It's hard work in tinder but then you get better sex ..

» Add a new message to this topic