FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fireworks

Fireworks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *upitersmile OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Anyine off to see a display tonight?

We usually do our own and invite all the family over, but with OH still not being well I took the kids to a display last night. Not impressed.....12 minutes! Nowhere to park, so took the car home and walked, Queued for 40minutes to get in, forced our way through the crowds so we couldn't tell what someone eaten when they burped. Finally found a spot where the shorties could see then it was over as soon as it had begun. Queued again for a hot chocolate for the kids for 15mins only to be told they'd sold out 30mins before.

I came home in a fowl mood!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A few round here going off with a bang tonight

"I came home in a fowl mood!!! "

Did you bump into that giant chicken from Family Guy?

Sorry, I'll get the door shall I?

just doing a little display in the garden tonight. First year that the local adventure park isnt having a big display or bonfire.. gutted

Manchester

And they didn't even have any sparklers!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Thats a shame as the display we used to go to when the kids where little was brilliant. It was run by the lions club and everyone went.

Callum went to the one at twin lakes and said it was ok, i saw it advertised and it looked like it was going to be brilliant, but hes hard to please

I have a few friends round and set a few 'modified' fireworks off in the garden.

Yeah taking the kids to the Brighton Lions display at Hove Cricket Ground - always a good display

Manchester

"Thats a shame as the display we used to go to when the kids where little was brilliant. It was run by the lions club and everyone went.

Callum went to the one at twin lakes and said it was ok, i saw it advertised and it looked like it was going to be brilliant, but hes hard to please"

glad enjoyed himself

We used to go to great massingham every year and sounds much the same as above. There would be a break to set up again so would last a while. Was a highlight every year for us. Them if we were lucky we'd go to the race course too!

Manchester

"I have a few friends round and set a few 'modified' fireworks off in the garden. "

Lol, not sure wether to ask or not

There's a big display in the park near where we live but we're lucky in that we have friends who own a house that overlooks at and as it's a 3-storey house we can watch the fireworks from the comfort of their top floor which is higher than the trees in the park.

"I have a few friends round and set a few 'modified' fireworks off in the garden.

Lol, not sure wether to ask or not "

You can add certain, everyday substances to a firework to make louder or the explosions bigger. You have to be VERY careful and know what you're doing, you don't want a hook for a hand!

Manchester

"I have a few friends round and set a few 'modified' fireworks off in the garden.

You can add certain, everyday substances to a firework to make louder or the explosions bigger. You have to be VERY careful and know what you're doing, you don't want a hook for a hand!"

I'll leave the modifying to you then! Would like to keep my fingers, they come in handy from time to time lol

You can add certain, everyday substances to a firework to make louder or the explosions bigger. You have to be VERY careful and know what you're doing, you don't want a hook for a hand!

I'll leave the modifying to you then! Would like to keep my fingers, they come in handy from time to time lol"

It's not always what you add (Glucose or regular sugar is one additive), its repacking the charge...lol

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

We cheated and sat in the garden to watch the neighbour's display on Saturday night.

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

Had our own family display last night, was at an organized one on Saturday night and seen loads of displays from the garden.

Manchester

I'll leave the modifying to you then! Would like to keep my fingers, they come in handy from time to time lol

It's not always what you add (Glucose or regular sugar is one additive), its repacking the charge...lol"

I could be tempted to taking an interest in repacking the charge lol

When I lived up in the north east I used to take the kids to a display at Whitley bay. They set the fireworks off from on a boat in the middle of the bay and it is very a impressive display. Only thing is it is so busy you have to park a half an hour walk away.

» Add a new message to this topic