FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > First health check questions

First health check questions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *upitersmile OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Am off for my first health check this morning.

I'm not to sure what to expect. Have been checked in the past but as part of prenatal care. But never had the need to have sti tests before now. Have now been 'on the scene' since September figured its time to get checked out.

So ladies is it just a sample I have to give or an internal too?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've always had swabs taken from inside too. I also make sure I have the throat swabs too

To be honest I've been going so long now that it doesn't bother me

Be honest with them as they will be able to help more if you do

Manchester

Thanks cali x

I'm not nervous and have no problem telling them all they need to know, just don't know what to expect. Hadn't even thought of throat swabs!

The full works for me just over a week ago involed a DIY vaginal swab and a blood sample taken by the nurse. Results available 2 weeks afterwards.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

My clinic takes vaginal, anal and oral swabs, asks who my last 5 sexual partners were (not details but Andy from Bolton, Charlie from Dorset etc) asks if I've been with any "high risk" folk (eg Africans, gays/bi who bareback, IV drug users(don't anyone yell at me, that's what they said!!!)) obviously they ask me if I've barebacked/had split condom/etc and I also have blood taken for HIV tests and I've had my Hep vaccination checked to make sure it's still valid (had it when I worked in a prison - if you haven't had it, ask them for it and they may be able to get you that too)

Don't be embarrassed, they've heard it all and worse before - they'll also give you free condoms and lube - my lot know me know so nurse often sez "Hang on, I'll get you some more condoms, haven't got enough here for you"

If I don't hear anything within 2 weeks, I'm fine, my clinic only contact you if there's a problem

Manchester

Not been seen yet, told to come back at 1:30, the place was packed! Looks like that program is certainly having an impact on getting screened.

In the mean time I'm sat with a hot choccy and a lemon muffin in sainsburys... Yum!

By *MFC PartiesWoman  over a year ago

Here, There & Everywhere

I agree with all the above - honestly is vital here

A full MOT - including throat and anal swabs too

I actually get tested every 4 months as i feel its far better to be pro-active

I just wish that STI testing was less of a taboo for the majority of people, especially those who bury their heads in the sand!!

Swinging as a lifestyle, hobby, or fascination can be safe!!

But it is only safe if EVERYONE is safe!!

Manchester

All done, but no swabs as I've no sypmtoms so took blood instead. Get a txt/call in 2 weeks then next check febuary. OH turn on Wednesday, he has visions of all sorts lol

Thanks for the advise and reassurance ladies xx

Tell your OH not to worry. It is nothing to worry about for blokes either.

Unless you are like me and have to get a few people to sit on you so they can get a needle within 15 feet of you

I never thought I would see the day I voluntarily walked into somewhere to have a needle stuck in me! But you gotta do what you gotta do

I have the full works

viginal swab, anal swab, mouth swab and blood taken

I request that tho you dont have to have the lot

Manchester

"Tell your OH not to worry. It is nothing to worry about for blokes either.

Unless you are like me and have to get a few people to sit on you so they can get a needle within 15 feet of you

I never thought I would see the day I voluntarily walked into somewhere to have a needle stuck in me! But you gotta do what you gotta do "

Yep, it's the needle he's worried about lol wuss!

Last time I went the nurse told me it is always the men!

She said she is fine if they are like me and tell them that I need to lay down,

it is when they come in and are full of it then she ends up trying to catch a 16 stone bloke as he passes out!

I can't help it. As embarrassing as it is I always pass out. I have done since my first blood test aged about 2!

And if I have to have a cannula. That is the end of the world for me

Manchester

"Last time I went the nurse told me it is always the men!

She said she is fine if they are like me and tell them that I need to lay down,

it is when they come in and are full of it then she ends up trying to catch a 16 stone bloke as he passes out!

I can't help it. As embarrassing as it is I always pass out. I have done since my first blood test aged about 2!

And if I have to have a cannula. That is the end of the world for me "

I've never been great with needles, passed out having my rubella in high school so avoided the TB jab altogether! I'm ok now as long as I don't look when they are putting it in or taking it out. I bruise really easy though and had that many bloods taken when pregnant my arms looked liked I'd been injecting myself!!!

Ok - that's as much needle talk as I can take for 1 day!

But tell him it is all fine apart from that

And in my experience they always say two weeks for the results but it has never been longer than 5 days for us. I think they give themselves some breathing space

Is it best to tell them you swing? I'm going to book myself in too if you lot can do it so can littlebit.

I did. My wife bottled it!

And then when I told them they dragged her back for more tests.

So probably best too!!

Manchester

"Is it best to tell them you swing? I'm going to book myself in too if you lot can do it so can littlebit."

Yeah I told her and she didn't bat an eyelid, I did feel old though, the waiting room was packed with teenagers lol

"Is it best to tell them you swing? I'm going to book myself in too if you lot can do it so can littlebit.

Yeah I told her and she didn't bat an eyelid, I did feel old though, the waiting room was packed with teenagers lol"

Lol, the last time I went (before swinging) I knew some lady in the waiting room from her comming into my work, we both pretended not to know each other.

My nurse was very thorough and swabbed every orifice (excluding nose and ears), took bloods and questioned about my recent sexual activity ... she was very generous handing out the bags of condoms, just waiting for the results now

Manchester

"Is it best to tell them you swing? I'm going to book myself in too if you lot can do it so can littlebit.

Yeah I told her and she didn't bat an eyelid, I did feel old though, the waiting room was packed with teenagers lol

Lol, the last time I went (before swinging) I knew some lady in the waiting room from her comming into my work, we both pretended not to know each other. "

I used to go there to get my depo before I had my tubes tied and went last year for a smear, so wasnt to worried what anyone may or may not thought I was there for lol

I quite like the clinic waiting rooms.

They are the only places I know where people talk less than and avoid eye contact more than being on The Tube !

By *hynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"I have the full works

viginal swab, anal swab, mouth swab and blood taken

I request that tho you dont have to have the lot"

so do we last test 4 weeks ago no call back

"All done, but no swabs as I've no sypmtoms so took blood instead. Get a txt/call in 2 weeks then next check febuary. OH turn on Wednesday, he has visions of all sorts lol

Thanks for the advise and reassurance ladies xx"

You should get a throat swab done (if you do oral without condoms). That was the only one I was worried about as I do a lot of oral without condoms.

Manchester

"All done, but no swabs as I've no sypmtoms so took blood instead. Get a txt/call in 2 weeks then next check febuary. OH turn on Wednesday, he has visions of all sorts lol

Thanks for the advise and reassurance ladies xx

You should get a throat swab done (if you do oral without condoms). That was the only one I was worried about as I do a lot of oral without condoms."

I asked about it, the nurse said as I had no sypmtoms no need for any swabs. Anything that would show on a swab would also show in bloods.

Manchester

"I quite like the clinic waiting rooms.

They are the only places I know where people talk less than and avoid eye contact more than being on The Tube !"

Not in Ashton!! 7 late teens/early twenties chatting openly about who, where, when and how good/bad their last shags were. Had me giggling to myself though

Says this on the NHS Choices site. 'Chlamydia tests on women can be done with a urine sample or swab test.' Think all the others can be tested through blood though.

Manchester

"Says this on the NHS Choices site. 'Chlamydia tests on women can be done with a urine sample or swab test.' Think all the others can be tested through blood though."

Yep, pissed in a pot too lol

You can also find out you have chlamydia when you pass out cold and your 3yo manages to call for help

» Add a new message to this topic