FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Apocalypse

Apocalypse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whos watched it, what did you think! Wrong or fair game.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I refused to watch it, does not sit right with me, i watched the one where he made everything go wrong in a guys life. I think its completely wrong to mess with someones mind, especially for entertainment reasons. That could have messed his head up forever

Completely agree, if it was me being the focus I would have had a heart attack. X

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"I refused to watch it, does not sit right with me, i watched the one where he made everything go wrong in a guys life. I think its completely wrong to mess with someones mind, especially for entertainment reasons. That could have messed his head up forever"

This ^^^

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I go with the theory it was all staged and he was an actor. Part of my thinking is that any TV production company wouldn't open themselves for litigation for undue stress and potential nervous breakdowns so far easier to con the public.

Maybe he was asked to ok it before it could be aired

"Maybe he was asked to ok it before it could be aired"

I am sure he signed consent forms prior to airing. But if it was aired or not the legal action would be for the stress of the productions crew and what they put him through not the public airing. The logical answer is he was a knowing victim and more than likely a paid actor. I am sure we will know the truth when he is an extra in Eastenders in a year or so.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Now

Didn't he audition with others to be picked to take part in an experiment ? Surely if you go for an interview for a DavId Blane thing you know it's gonna be controversial. !!

"Didn't he audition with others to be picked to take part in an experiment ? Surely if you go for an interview for a DavId Blane thing you know it's gonna be controversial. !!"

I read some place he had auditioned and if its true the whole scenario is flawed as he would expect things not to be real. Who knows, and who cares, those who enjoyed it enjoyed it and that's about it in the big picture of life.

"Didn't he audition with others to be picked to take part in an experiment ? Surely if you go for an interview for a DavId Blane thing you know it's gonna be controversial. !!"
That's Darren Brown

not David blane.

sits on coffin

"Didn't he audition with others to be picked to take part in an experiment ? Surely if you go for an interview for a DavId Blane thing you know it's gonna be controversial. !!That's Darren Brown

not David blane.

sits on coffin

"

Oh dear. I know nothing lol

I watched it and i did enjoy it.

People had to apply for the show, not knowing what the actual show would be about of course.

They where put through a lot of tests and the guy that was picked was told he had not got though.

Im sure from a legal point of view they had him sign enough papers to cover there backsides and then some.

kat x x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yeah, they wouldn't have done anything with the guy without his written consent, which was surely got during the application process: this was shown in programme 1, where they were assessing every applicant.

Who reads the small print on contracts you sign? Most people don't, and I can imagine most of them were hopefuls who wanted to badly to appear in the show somehow.

I'd be really disappointed in Derren Brown if the guy was in any way an accomplice - I don't think he ever works this way, as he wouldn't like it. It doesn't mean that he wouldn't work with actors etc, though they wouldn't be in their roles, merely subjects, just as other celebrities have been, when in his shows.

I preferred show 1 to no. 2, it was much more exciting, though it sustained my high level of interest all the way the week to show 2. Would have been good to see more of him after the show, rather than just talk of how he's different etc. Perhaps some hidden cameras could have followed him around for a while, picking up how he's differed.

On a separate note, anyone who's feeling stuck in a rut, consider getting a good hypnotherapist/psychologist to help you along.

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

He knew full well what he was getting into, signed all the forms and made the decision to do it himself - no one was taking advantage of him

We watched it and LOVED it. Thought it was brilliant.

I watched it and loved it. Derren Brown consistently makes good telly and I think that's because he doesn't use stooges.

I think if you even apply to any of his shows then you must have a knowledge of what he does and his previous work, and you must be prepared to be involved in similar. Same with people who go on XFactor, you must expect to be one of the ones who gets derided in front of a baying crowd for entertainment.

He did it for entertainment yes, and we were shown that the guy was a bit feckless and a waste of space at the beginning. For me it was a more extreme version of the one he did a few years ago where he took a woman who constantly used her phone when driving, hypnotized her and woke her up at a staged accident where a lookalike was involved. She was told she couldn't move and no-one could hear her. She naturally got rather upset. But I'd be surprised if she did it again.

It would be nice to have a follow up show next year to see if this guy has truly changed.

» Add a new message to this topic