FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sodding neighbours

Sodding neighbours

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The neighbour of the friend I am staying with has had a bonfire in his garden (with no prior warning given to the neighbours) for several days running. Tonight he's been burning plastic.

Even with all the windows shut, the house stinks and I have a pounding headache.

My friend, who is a non-confrontational sort, won't speak to the neighbour about it because he (the neighbour) is known as being a selfish arse. He says it will cause conflict and will make things worse, not better.

The neighbour really gets him down, to the extent that he says he'd move if he could.

So, should I;

a) live with it,

b) move on and stay with a different friend,

c) have a quiet word with the neighbour and ask him nicely to let his neighbours know before he lights a fire and not to burn plastic,

d) go round and give the neighbour a smack,

e) set fire to the neighbour?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

b. move on.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

tough one.

c, then if no luck d, then as last resort e!

Environmental Health may have something to say about burning of toxic substances...

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Environmental Health may have something to say about burning of toxic substances..."
That is the road I would go down too

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Well generally in a residential area i think you will find that bonfires are not allowed.

Check with the local council about it.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Environmental Health may have something to say about burning of toxic substances..."

Agree.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"b. move on."
Why should she move on, Bonfires are not allowed in residential areas...

H. invite him in for an MMF

Straight to option e

"b. move on.Why should she move on, Bonfires are not allowed in residential areas... "

might be easier though, people dont always do what they are suposed to do though do they.

My friend definitely won't report the neighbour to Environmental Health.

As I don't live here, just staying here temporarily, I don't really feel I should get involved.

I do hate seeing my friend wound up though.

In my _iew the neighbour needs shooting in the head. Unfortunately there are a few pesky laws against putting down seriously anti-social people.

Yup, I believe it has to be burnt in a proper incinerator. To quote an official web site "Under the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990, a statutory nuisance includes "smoke, fumes or gases emitted from premises so as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance". In practice, to be considered a statutory nuisance, a bonfire would have to be a persistent problem, interfering substantially with your well being, comfort or enjoyment of your property".....so phone your local council and complain.

There's no law against having a bonfire.

HOWEVER, you can report them to the local council if "the bonfire is causing a nuisance" and for it to be considered a nuisance, it has to happen regularly. The council can then issued an abatement notice and if they don't follow it, they can be fined £5000. Also, if its lit near a well-used road, they can be fined for endangering traffic if the smoke drifts across the road

However, the above is only to be used as a last resort. Either put up with it if its only happened a few times or have a polite quiet word with him if its really bothering you.

Essay over lol

Any chance the cretin next door is a dog owner....???

"Any chance the cretin next door is a dog owner....???"

Three dogs, several cats. The latest kitten hasn't been neutered.

"Any chance the cretin next door is a dog owner....???

Three dogs, several cats. The latest kitten hasn't been neutered."

and how many kids?

"Any chance the cretin next door is a dog owner....???

Three dogs, several cats. The latest kitten hasn't been neutered.

and how many kids?"

Several though no young ones now. Three in their teens still at home. They've fostered a lot over the years.

The problem is the male of the household. Until last Christmas he worked abroad and was only back occasionally for a week or two at a time.

He's now there all the time. He has the most arrogant, entitled attitude and seems to think because he's lived here for 20 or so years, he owns the area and can do exactly as he likes.

He's gradually ticking off everyone in the area but my poor friend who lives right next door (in semi-detached house) is getting the brunt.

If he says that, just reply "Well technically, you've been away working abroad for pretty much all that time, so..." lol.

By *anxfrankMan  over a year ago

isle of man

Go and knock seven bells of fuck out of him.that will teach the old cu*t

I'd much rather just set him on fire.

I wonder if I can truss him up and smuggle him into the local public bonfire stack.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"b. move on.Why should she move on, Bonfires are not allowed in residential areas...

might be easier though, people dont always do what they are suposed to do though do they."

i never take the easy option.....

"b. move on.Why should she move on, Bonfires are not allowed in residential areas...

might be easier though, people dont always do what they are suposed to do though do they.i never take the easy option..... "

I do.

Oh, hang on, no, that's someone else I am thinking of.

I, too, never take the easy option.

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple  over a year ago

livingston

Why not just report him to the counci, this can be done without having to give your details, and as far as he's concerned it could have been any neighbour that reported him or try the police.

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"In my _iew the neighbour needs shooting in the head. Unfortunately there are a few pesky laws against putting down seriously anti-social people."
A little over the top maybe?

Good luck anyway.

"The neighbour of the friend I am staying with has had a bonfire in his garden (with no prior warning given to the neighbours) for several days running. Tonight he's been burning plastic.

Even with all the windows shut, the house stinks and I have a pounding headache.

My friend, who is a non-confrontational sort, won't speak to the neighbour about it because he (the neighbour) is known as being a selfish arse. He says it will cause conflict and will make things worse, not better.

The neighbour really gets him down, to the extent that he says he'd move if he could.

So, should I;

a) live with it,

c) have a quiet word with the neighbour and ask him nicely to let his neighbours know before he lights a fire and not to burn plastic,

"

e!!!!!!!!

e then b lol

By *stmateMan  over a year ago

Notts

I know how u feel, I too have a neighbour from hell and if the council where u are, are anything like ours, they won't do jack diddly squat. They will send u a form to note down everytime he does something so they can (in their words) 'catch him in the act'. My neighbour doesn't work and makes a lot of noise in the early hours of the morning. He supposedly has a mental condition but this doesn't stop him from drinking, smoking and terrorising our elderly neighbours. Sorry for going on. Had to get it off my chest. Back to ur post. Tough one

tell yer friend to grow a pair , man up , and go round and spark the shister out .

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"The neighbour of the friend I am staying with has had a bonfire in his garden (with no prior warning given to the neighbours) for several days running. Tonight he's been burning plastic.

So, should I;

a) live with it,

"

fire brigade and council, illegal to burn plastic x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Must be awful smelling those fumes.

All the best to you both

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Environmental Health may have something to say about burning of toxic substances...That is the road I would go down too "

Me too

By *iddlesbroughmaleMan  over a year ago

middlesbrough

Stop moaning about it its only a fire after all cud be worse grin and bear it

"Stop moaning about it its only a fire after all cud be worse grin and bear it"

Yes, your right, the fumes were only toxic and potentially carcinogenic and gave me a splitting headache. And it's only happened every day this week.

You're right, how silly of me to be annoyed by it. After all, if there was a problem with burning plastic in a residential area, wouldn't it be illegal? Oh, wait...!

You're*

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

So, should I;

a) live with it,

"

Plan to do b)

Then go and do c)

If he continues or tells you to f**k off, then jump straight to d) followed by e) then ignore b)

Simples!

So, should I;

a) live with it,

"

mmm its a bit of a dilemma? why not go round kick him in the nuts ,when he falls down and his mouth is open drop a dog shit in it , and ask him how he likes it?? OR set fire to him,

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

f) stick a banger up their arse

How about an anonymous call to the non emergency number of the local police?

Something along the lines of 'a funny smell' - possibly drugs - coming from next doors garden!

If the smoke is wafting that far any passing constabulary would smell it - instantly know its not and more than likely assume something is burning that shouldn't be - possibly dodgy pirate DVDs or missing local hoodies! A knock at the door from the plod should hopefully encourage him to be less of a twat and there'd be no comeback on you or your friend.

Hey presto - problem solved!

Now - for my next trick.......

"How about an anonymous call to the non emergency number of the local police?

Something along the lines of 'a funny smell' - possibly drugs - coming from next doors garden!

If the smoke is wafting that far any passing constabulary would smell it - instantly know its not and more than likely assume something is burning that shouldn't be - possibly dodgy pirate DVDs or missing local hoodies! A knock at the door from the plod should hopefully encourage him to be less of a twat and there'd be no comeback on you or your friend.

Now - for my next trick....... "

If he does it again tomorrow I'll seriously consider trying that.

So this next trick... Anything interesting?

So this next trick... Anything interesting? "

It involves nudity, an inflatable paddling pool, jelly and a disappearing sausage!

So this next trick... Anything interesting?

It involves nudity, an inflatable paddling pool, jelly and a disappearing sausage! "

or!!!! you could take the peter griffin route? be completly oblivoius to discretion go round and smack him till you and he are singing from the same sheet!!! then blame quagmire. or stewy,or chris , or meg or justrefuse to take any form of blame whatsoever!!

Now - for my next trick....... "

love it

Not allowed to light bonfires without informing local authority and local fire service. Report it to local council

I've reconsidered last nights suggestion and come up with an alternative!

Post a meet today along the lines of this!

"Looking for serious squirters/watersports enthusiasts for a special challenge! Prize for any that can hit a burning oil drum at 10 paces (over a fence). Bring your own thermals and a flask of coffee as this is an outdoor event. Parking available. For directions - head towards Basingstoke then follow the plume of black, acrid smoke. Or the loud ranting voice of an angry neighbour if someone's already pissed on his bonfire"

» Add a new message to this topic