FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Feeling the lurveeee

Feeling the lurveeee

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not sure if all these cold darker nights are making half the forum all romantic and slushy but i am feeling a lot of lurveee right now with various threads about relationships etc

My question to you wonderful folk is are you romantic and do you prefer your partners to be?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not sure if all these cold darker nights are making half the forum all romantic and slushy but i am feeling a lot of lurveee right now with various threads about relationships etc

My question to you wonderful folk is are you romantic and do you prefer your partners to be? "

We've been together for 20 years, and love the bones off of each other. We tell each other "I love you" every day at least once, give hugs and little passing squeezes. We get excited about kids bed times so we can have our own company and we love to plan nights out and days away together.

Sometimes I think romance is a state of mind and not a particular action during a relationship

"Not sure if all these cold darker nights are making half the forum all romantic and slushy but i am feeling a lot of lurveee right now with various threads about relationships etc

My question to you wonderful folk is are you romantic and do you prefer your partners to be? "

I'm a due hard romantic when I'm in a relationship. I believe in the love bit and all that goes with it. Was talking to one fabster yesterday about the relationship thingy and explained about when I was married I was in it for the long haul and believe in death till us part...my ex had other ideas though and ruined that dream for me

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I'll come back once some of the cynics have posted - hate being the first to ruin the mood

By *annCouple  over a year ago

basildon

we're always luvy duvy and romantic. Hold hands, say 'I love you', do silly romantic things. But that's all the time not just the winter. But in the cold winter nights, it is easier to snuggle up together in front of the fire (gas sadly)

Ive never done a long term relationship but i was with one guy for a valentines day and in a local supermarket saw loads of cheesy nicnacks (heart shapped champagne flutes, fake rose petals, tea light candles) and went mad and bought loads of it as i was cooking a 'romantic dinner'..

i just last minute wimped out of using it all as thought men wouldn't appreciate it. Although i was feeling all lovey dovey and soppy he was more of a mans man and hid away from emotions like that.

"I'll come back once some of the cynics have posted - hate being the first to ruin the mood "

hey dont bite your lip, nothing wrong with a bit of contrast. its great to see all views xx

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I love hearts and flowers but seem to have fallen for the most unromantic man on earth!! But its the little things that make my heart melt like when he buys the kids sweets he buys me a choccy bar, does bits around the house, takes the kids out when he knows I've been stressed to give me 'ME' time. On the rare occasion he does buy me flowers it's that little bit more special

"Ive never done a long term relationship but i was with one guy for a valentines day and in a local supermarket saw loads of cheesy nicnacks (heart shapped champagne flutes, fake rose petals, tea light candles) and went mad and bought loads of it as i was cooking a 'romantic dinner'..

i just last minute wimped out of using it all as thought men wouldn't appreciate it. Although i was feeling all lovey dovey and soppy he was more of a mans man and hid away from emotions like that. "

I'm a mans man when I need to be but there are times when women appreciate a bit of romantic gesturing and I'm all up for it. If a woman wants to romantic with me I'm not going to say no.

Yes I am...

Yes I would like my potential partners to be...

I love romance, i am and its really nice if the guy is too

I love romance, sadly seems to be dying out, im just too soppy i guess

This time of the year has a special place in my heart, however, the cloud will soon lift.

Not overly romantic, but love the little things, that special look, touch etc, that no one else knows, god I love my man. Mskes my heart still skip a beat

You can't beat a bit of romance, that little extra to show how much that person means to you.

From a candle lit meal to a simple walk on the beach hand in hand.

We are constantly giggling, having fun and are absolutely mad about each other..despite our fears, starting playing at clubs has brought us closer together.....

Love all the romance.....big romantic here.....

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I adore romance... And ever the romantic.. though I seem to meet men that are not romantic...

I'm a terrible romantic, I love doing special things for my lover, but I very seldom have anyone romance me, it's what comes of being single I guess, swingers I have met are not at all romantic, mores the pitty

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Inever used to be romantic but im terrible now, thats cause jay has brought it out in me hes a true romantic

I had experienced fireworks in the past, and would love to experience those feelings again.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy life to the full as much as I can.

I certainly do not mope around the house longing for another person to sweep me off my feet, and think life will be so much better if I have another person to share it with etc...

I go out and about to find ways to entertain and enjoy myself instead.

I get flowers every week, and hes always ringing me up playing some romantic love song down the phone. It doesnt have to be expensive to be a romantic. We much prefer to be on our own than in a crowd, although we have lots of friends we will probley sneak of for a cuddle. He always gets up to make my coffee in the morning. But i do sweet things back to him

for all you romantic men out there feel free to send me some flowers

only person to ever buy me flowers is my grandmother *wahhhhhhh*

I'm a romantic, forever buying flowers an little gifts for the wife and fb , its just the way I've always been , I think most ladies enjoy the odd bunch of flowers now an then or a nice meal out

"for all you romantic men out there feel free to send me some flowers

"

Your joking I hope !

"I'm a romantic, forever buying flowers an little gifts for the wife and fb , its just the way I've always been , I think most ladies enjoy the odd bunch of flowers now an then or a nice meal out "

Don't get the presents mixed up though!!

"I'm a romantic, forever buying flowers an little gifts for the wife and fb , its just the way I've always been , I think most ladies enjoy the odd bunch of flowers now an then or a nice meal out "

I get flowers from my mates on my birthday...but never from a man, or gifts, it's just not something they do in my experience

"for all you romantic men out there feel free to send me some flowers

Your joking I hope !"

Nope deadly serious, ive never been bought flowers by a man only my 70yr old grandmother

No fella has ever brought you flowers cute ?

[Removed by poster at 03/11/12 12:03:31]

"No fella has ever brought you flowers cute ? "
lol for the 3rd time now,, NO lol

never been in a relationship longer than 6 months,, i am a dating nightmare. Get close to a man, panic and then runaway from feelings and emotions. I was cheated on and that feeling stayed with me of betrayal.

he felt like he couldnt talk to me about things.. and i feel bad about that. Communication was my biggest let down

Yes I am very much romanticist

* a (on phone in car bumpy road lol)

"No fella has ever brought you flowers cute ? lol for the 3rd time now,, NO lol

never been in a relationship longer than 6 months,, i am a dating nightmare. Get close to a man, panic and then runaway from feelings and emotions. I was cheated on and that feeling stayed with me of betrayal.

he felt like he couldnt talk to me about things.. and i feel bad about that. Communication was my biggest let down "

Awwwww that's sad.... I've brought friends flowers and one girl I chat I send her flowers once a month because I can

On the flower note M has only ever bought me flowers once! Valentines day this year!!

But I do get other gifts

Does been told floggin ur log count as been romantic cos I'm deffo in then lol

Yes romance is lovely, cuddles lil kisses n touches.

MmMmmmmm mrs erotic is the best at them

Aswell as puttin on fab she luuuuuurves mw how romantic is that bless her

i got asked yesterday if i had a favourite flower,, i dont even think i do lol

"i got asked yesterday if i had a favourite flower,, i dont even think i do lol "

Mine are tulips

I found taking a gent to Paris is a good way to test if he has the making of a romantic love.

Sacré-Cœur at night is the place to test a gent.

I felt nothing when I was there with my ex-hubby, whereas it was truly romantic when I was there with my late partner.

Everything about Paris was magical when I was there with my late partner!

Ah well, I still have those lovely memories of the swell time I had with him in Paris and other places to treasure for the rest of my life.

"i got asked yesterday if i had a favourite flower,, i dont even think i do lol

Mine are tulips"

tulips are very beautiful.. i like yellow flowers so a bunch of daffs would do me lol

"I found taking a gent to Paris is a good way to test if he has the making of a romantic love.

Sacré-Cœur at night is the place to test a gent.

I felt nothing when I was there with my ex-hubby, whereas it was truly romantic when I was there with my late partner.

Everything about Paris was magical when I was there with my late partner!

Ah well, I still have those lovely memories of the swell time I had with him in Paris and other places to treasure for the rest of my life.

"

awwwww.. ive always thought that if i met the right man i could be anywhere in the world with him and it would still be perfect, but i guess a great environment can add and enhance those emotions/feelings.

aroma's, lighting, music..

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No neither of us are romantic or slushy....I don't need Mr B to buy me flowers or gifts to know that he loves me and vice versa. I don't like all the over the top stuff and we never celebrate valentines day. (sound really miserable now..lol)

For us it's more about telling each other we love one another, sharing little hugs and squeezes during the day and just being in each others company.

there should be some romance of sort when in a sexual encounter, and respect and chemistry.

I hate men buying me flowers. Or jewellery or lingerie or anything like that. It really irritates me.

Romance to me is doing little things like making a brew or a heartfelt compliment. Although I don't really like compliments either....

I am actually very easy to please. But also very easy to annoy. R

Arrgghhh romance is bollox!

"No fella has ever brought you flowers cute ? lol for the 3rd time now,, NO lol

he felt like he couldnt talk to me about things.. and i feel bad about that. Communication was my biggest let down "

Can't help you with the way you feel, but one bad apple shouldnt put you off for ever .

I once cooked my ex-hubbie a romantic meal - Spanish Chicken. It's a shame a I used 2 bulbs of garlic instead of 2 cloves in it

The most romantic thing somebody did for me was take me first class on euro-star for a 4 day break to Paris. Shame we broke up 2 weeks later!

"there should be some romance of sort when in a sexual encounter, and respect and chemistry. "

Totally agree with this

UPDATE... i've now received flowers

Manchester

"UPDATE... i've now received flowers

"

Awwwwwww xxx

Twice a year is all I get now

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"

i've just been offered a steak dinner lol x

i've just been offered a steak dinner lol x"

scrummy.. wheres my invite! lol

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I'm an utter romantic fool.

Past endeavors for old partners include: a chequebook of thryst tokens to be cashed in as desired, a whole box of expensive chocolates split up and individually labelled with messages and hidden all over the house to find for days afterwards and notes on the pillow after a weekend with a lover for them to find next day.

I'm built for love but alas, I always get my heart broken despite it all

Livingston

Get yer ass up here... It's not till next Tuesday

the floweres are gorgeous x

Manchester

"I'm an utter romantic fool.

Past endeavors for old partners include: a chequebook of thryst tokens to be cashed in as desired, a whole box of expensive chocolates split up and individually labelled with messages and hidden all over the house to find for days afterwards and notes on the pillow after a weekend with a lover for them to find next day.

I'm built for love but alas, I always get my heart broken despite it all "

Can I trade my OH in for you?

I have been offered buggar all lol..apart from dealing with a bloody nightmare of a woman

"I have been offered buggar all lol..apart from dealing with a bloody nightmare of a woman "

ah she's worth it lol

I havent got any flowers in the house as i didnt see jay last week will have to wait until thursday

I havent got any flowers in the house as i didnt see jay last week will have to wait until thursday

Maybe alot of good loveing in the air now its dark nights and cold. People getting jiggy jiggy keeping each other warm under the covers.

Livingston

and all I got was a takeaway!!!!!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I'm built for love but alas, I always get my heart broken despite it all

Can I trade my OH in for you? "

You'll only break my heart...

Aw can i have you

I'm about as romantic as a fart in sealed room.

"I have been offered buggar all lol..apart from dealing with a bloody nightmare of a woman

ah she's worth it lol "

Vicci boy isnt covered head to toe in tattoos though j xx

No lurve feeling going on here.

Lurveless here

none for me either and I could do with a hug

"Vicci boy isnt covered head to toe in tattoos though j xx"

Or look like he'd be a fishmonger lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"none for me either and I could do with a hug "

{{{{{{{{{Hugsssss}}}}}}}}}}

tattoos are not complusary...

"tattoos are not complusary... "

great stuff .. im feeling a Cilla moment coming on....

oh vicci boyyyyyy

"tattoos are not complusary...

great stuff .. im feeling a Cilla moment coming on....

oh vicci boyyyyyy "

Haha I have given up with the dating I am going to wait for mr "right" to find me...

[Removed by poster at 05/11/12 18:41:16]

I am thoughtful and considerate with family, friends, partners and lovers alike

I try to be considerate with all - friends and strangers alike

I can be romantic - sometimes deliberately, sometimes unknowingly

I can also be quite aloof and dismissive at times too (just to balance things out )

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"I am thoughtful and considerate with family, friends, partners and lovers alike

I can also be quite aloof and dismissive at times too (just to balance things out )"

And you can be a right little tease as well

"I am thoughtful and considerate with family, friends, partners and lovers alike

I can also be quite aloof and dismissive at times too (just to balance things out )

And you can be a right little tease as well "

You promised not to mention the Lederhosen !

You promised not to mention the Lederhosen !"

I didn't, you did

I didn't, you did "

I knew what you meant tho

I didn't, you did

I knew what you meant tho "

I was thinking of something else

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I didn't, you did "

Lederhosen is very fashionable again.

I have had flowers from men, not that many but always lovely. I've only ever had one Valentine's card though. More than half my lifetime ago...

"I was thinking of something else "

I am almost afraid to ask !

"

"

I think we must move in different circles !

I need some loving.. I want someone to give me the feeling of loooooooooove...

Right now goes and gets me NSA head on me...

"I was thinking of something else

I am almost afraid to ask !"

Think about it

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

I think we must move in different circles !"

Bussy, dearest boy, we are too old to consider fashion! I saw lederhosen twice on the tube in the last couple of weeks.

Rather more worrying is that my entire wardrobe from the 80s appears to be in the shops and on young people. The pub was full of Banarama yesterday.

"

I think we must move in different circles !

Bussy, dearest boy, we are too old to consider fashion! I saw lederhosen twice on the tube in the last couple of weeks.

Rather more worrying is that my entire wardrobe from the 80s appears to be in the shops and on young people. The pub was full of Banarama yesterday."

I wasn't trendy in the 80's either

» Add a new message to this topic