FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > texting/messaging & feelings

texting/messaging & feelings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just thinking about Aphrodites thread on texting affairs... if people are viewing that as betrayal because emotions are involved. Is it then possible to then fall for someone you've never met based on the written word and hope something someday will happen?

My mum had an online affair behind my dads back (which ended their marriage) and the day she had met the man she fell for was the day she moved in with him. 7 years later they are still very much in love.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you can show emotions via text, emails ect!

Whether you can fall for someone without meeting them, who knows?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

i just answered on the other thread

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I met my husband online 14 years ago and fell for him long before we met, before I even knew what he looked like.

We've been together almost 10 years now and married for 3 so yes, i'd say it's perfectly possible to fall for someone before you meet them.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

See this is why I am interested in the dicussion. On the surface a "text" or "email" relationship does not seem to be that much of a drama.. however, I understand that things can get out of hand and become very passionate then resulting in wide issues. And that is not even thinking about the "morality" of it.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"See this is why I am interested in the dicussion. On the surface a "text" or "email" relationship does not seem to be that much of a drama.. however, I understand that things can get out of hand and become very passionate then resulting in wide issues. And that is not even thinking about the "morality" of it."

I agree, sexy legs! X

"I met my husband online 14 years ago and fell for him long before we met, before I even knew what he looked like.

We've been together almost 10 years now and married for 3 so yes, i'd say it's perfectly possible to fall for someone before you meet them. "

wow thats such a great story, glad it worked for you both

"See this is why I am interested in the dicussion. On the surface a "text" or "email" relationship does not seem to be that much of a drama.. however, I understand that things can get out of hand and become very passionate then resulting in wide issues. And that is not even thinking about the "morality" of it.

I agree, sexy legs! X"

I like a man who agrees with me x

There is another consideration of so called cyber affairs... the "perpetrator" (in want of a better word) could alwyas use the excuse that it is not real (and that is what my friend'partner has said in his defence) but the feelings on her part are indetical to those as if he had done it in real life.

I think it can...though communicating through text/email does also create misunderstandings.

I can obtain a good gut feel whether I like a person via text and e-mails.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

A few years ago I met someone on another swinging site. He was married, but his wife was happy for him to play alone. I met her in Mcdonalds, and she confirmed she had low sex drive, he had a high one, so she rather he did it with her knowledge, then have an affair. All is fine until he starts texting me all the time. "just sat watching Corrie, what u doing?" kind of thing. I gets a tearful phonecall from his wife, who happy with him having sex, hadn't anticipated her reaction to texts and calls. He wanted to carry on meeting me, saying his wife was just too emotional. I called it a day and never saw him again.

I believe it can work if its what both people truly want

"I believe it can work if its what both people truly want "

but then real life gets in the way and complicates things. sometimes its easy to get carried away with exchanging words.

"I believe it can work if its what both people truly want

but then real life gets in the way and complicates things. sometimes its easy to get carried away with exchanging words."

I can't see it being something you can rush as obviously there's the fact that yes you have your life already but it's about figuring out if you can see your life being happier with the person and then also how you are together when meeting each other. Is the same spark there in person.

I have a couple of friends that met their partners on the internet. One was chatting to a bloke in another country. After chatting online and on the phone for a year she flew out to see him... they got married 4 months later and were together 11 years.

I think it builds up suspense and you can fantasize about it before meeting then BOOM both when meet can explore every inch of each other. I think its an exciting adventure

I see it as fun to flirt via text, I couldn't fall for someone over texting. Just a bit of fun in my book.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I've gotten on really well just texting or messaging someone but then when I've met them they haven't lived up to expectations and it rarely goes any further.

There is always the worry that they could be pretending to be the person you want them to be in messages or texts, or even that you are reading more into the messages than is intended.

So for me the key is to flirt and banter on text but let real emotions develop in real life.

» Add a new message to this topic