FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Zumba

Zumba

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I have been going to zumba classes for over a year now. Great fun, cheap and really gives me a buzz. However, I have only ever seen a couple of men in the classes. Just wondered why. It is quite intensive exercise and, along with healthy eating, has helped me reduce from a size 18 to a 12/14. In fact, I can now get in to size 10 jeans, depending on brand. I noticed that many guys go to the gym and a number have attended Weight Watchers. So why not zumba?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I've been going a few months now and I agree with you its a great way to exercise!! There has been a couple of guys come to my class but both ended in disaster! I think it's down to the hip shaking and wiggling - men just don't have it or at least these ones didn't. I could be wrong but that's my logic on it anyway.

The guys I saw seemed to cope well with it, and, though I've been going for some time, I'm still crap at it!! LOL

But the men soon drop out. I wonder if it is because there is a preponderance of women, or it is seen as something 'Girly'?

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I'm guessing there is the girly element to to it as well!! The last guy at ours was clearly dragged there by the mrs and he didn't take his wooly hat off all the way through the class which I wondered of it was his disguise just in case anyone he knew happened to pass by lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Perhaps they are less interested in the exercise and more interested in the ladies exercising?

saw 1 or 2 guys mixed in but. either there for a perv or they like dancing

think most of us prefer a treadmill and the weights room

Let's face it we have no rhythm. Unless we down 5 pints of lager then that kind of defeats the object.

"Let's face it we have no rhythm. Unless we down 5 pints of lager then that kind of defeats the object. "

I think guys have plenty of rhythm!! Where do all the drummers come from?

S is a Zumba instructor and gets a few men in her class, one brings his daughter which is nice. She also has a 12 year old rugby playing lad who makes his mum drive 50 miles there and back twice a week because he love it. He's now bringing other lads from his rugby team now.

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

There were 3 men that were better than most of the women where I used to go! No men where I go now though, but it's a new class so they may start getting dragged along lol

[Removed by poster at 01/11/12 09:10:54]

"[Removed by poster at 01/11/12 09:10:54]"

Was that a post declaring all men who do Zumba are gay?

"S is a Zumba instructor and gets a few men in her class, one brings his daughter which is nice. She also has a 12 year old rugby playing lad who makes his mum drive 50 miles there and back twice a week because he love it. He's now bringing other lads from his rugby team now. "

Have you ever been in a rugby club in the early hours of the morning when the naked elephant dancing naked mop races and naked sumo wrestling starts. This young lad will be doing naked zumba with his mates in ten years time I'm sure of it.

» Add a new message to this topic