FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Religion Over

Religion Over

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Regulators are relaxing how much religion the BBC must show and when? The days of Songs of Praise could be numbered

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

All over the pews Tom?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"All over the pews Tom?"

"The days of Songs of Praise could be numbered "

Thank fucking God.

"Regulators are relaxing how much religion the BBC must show and when? The days of Songs of Praise could be numbered "
the bbc is a joke

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Regulators are relaxing how much religion the BBC must show and when? The days of Songs of Praise could be numbered "

It's not for me. But I know folks who enjoy their Sundays, their habits and yes songs of praise. At a time when the BBC is pandering to more and more minorities I think it's a shame they are scared to broadcast something like songs of praise. Traditions take a long time to build. We don't need to throw them away.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is actually all over the news. Songs of Praise could be broadcast on internet only. Many older religeous folk mat not have the internet

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"All over the pews Tom?

"

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Regulators are relaxing how much religion the BBC must show and when? The days of Songs of Praise could be numbered

It's not for me. But I know folks who enjoy their Sundays, their habits and yes songs of praise. At a time when the BBC is pandering to more and more minorities I think it's a shame they are scared to broadcast something like songs of praise. Traditions take a long time to build. We don't need to throw them away. "

This. ^

Winston

in Lancashire

"Regulators are relaxing how much religion the BBC must show and when? The days of Songs of Praise could be numbered

It's not for me. But I know folks who enjoy their Sundays, their habits and yes songs of praise. At a time when the BBC is pandering to more and more minorities I think it's a shame they are scared to broadcast something like songs of praise. Traditions take a long time to build. We don't need to throw them away. "

What makes you think fear is part of any potential reduction, and of what?

Perhaps they're simply reflecting the reduction in the numbers of actual practising Christians attending services combined with cuts to funding?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Totally agree

It's not for me. But I know folks who enjoy their Sundays, their habits and yes songs of praise. At a time when the BBC is pandering to more and more minorities I think it's a shame they are scared to broadcast something like songs of praise. Traditions take a long time to build. We don't need to throw them away.

Perhaps they're simply reflecting the reduction in the numbers of actual practising Christians attending services combined with cuts to funding?"

Tin town

Perhaps they're simply reflecting the reduction in the numbers of actual practising Christians attending services combined with cuts to funding?"

Perhaps, are you of the opinion that they only broadcast programs that have high viewer numbers? If viewer numbers are there only criteria for selecting programs to be broadcast then perhaps fair enough as long as they are applied fairly... But they aren't and they are not.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/do-some-tv-shows-really-have-zero-viewers/

Tin town

Perhaps they're simply reflecting the reduction in the numbers of actual practising Christians attending services combined with cuts to funding?

Perhaps, are you of the opinion that they only broadcast programs that have high viewer numbers? If viewer numbers are there only criteria for selecting programs to be broadcast then perhaps fair enough as long as they are applied fairly... But they aren't and they are not.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/do-some-tv-shows-really-have-zero-viewers/

"

*their

"

Because they’re pandering to minorities?

The sooner all religious programmes are dumped the better!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My mum used to love Songs of Praise. It always gave me that Sunday night, bath and clean vest before school on Monday feeling

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

If being a tradition was enough to respect a practice and one that took a long time to build up means peope want it then yes I'd agree with you but it isn't and they don't

Fox hunting was a long time tradition, witches and heretics were burnt at the stake for hundreds of years. FGM is another.

I detest the "it's a tradition, we must respect it argument" what it really means is its something that gives me a nice feeling to know exists even if I don't take any part in it so I want it to remain. As demonstrated above, its an argument that is never ever applied consistently.

Mr

Tin town

"The sooner all religious programmes are dumped the better! "

But why though? Why religious programs as opposed to say,... Snooker or wildlife or reality they fucks they, economics, etc programs?

Religion plays a big part in many peoples lives, why not provide for it and provide something to discuss it?

6 months ago it had 1m viewers per week... Even if they are hiding it away now.

Don't get me wrong im no fan... But religion and its discussion is important to understand culture and ignoring it doesn't help.

Tin town

If being a tradition was enough to respect a practice and one that took a long time to build up means peope want it then yes I'd agree with you but it isn't and they don't

Fox hunting was a long time tradition, witches and heretics were burnt at the stake for hundreds of years. FGM is another.

I detest the "it's a tradition, we must respect it argument" what it really means is its something that gives me a nice feeling to know exists even if I don't take any part in it so I want it to remain. As demonstrated above, its an argument that is never ever applied consistently.

Mr"

I disagree but that's OK.. We can.

For our license supported national broadcaster, its decisions on what they choose to broadcast should be evenly balanced and should be open to scrutiny...

If it's viewing figures... Well that's an easy one. I suspect as above there is more than viewing figures behind replacing this program.

in Lancashire

"

No, given their remit that's not something which would work..

Having said that they have to try and balance popular programme's some of which earn revenue with catering for a broad spectrum..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think headlines matter.

The BBC are able to have more flexibility.

Surely this is freedom from tyrannical red tape, not burning all the churches down and forcing people to do the blasphemy challenge at gunpoint

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Mr

For our license supported national broadcaster, its decisions on what they choose to broadcast should be evenly balanced and should be open to scrutiny...

If it's viewing figures... Well that's an easy one. I suspect as above there is more than viewing figures behind replacing this program. "

No arguments with this. But that is a totally different argument to "we have to keep it, it is tradition" which was your first post. Unless you're prepared to defend (for example) FGM on the basis it's traditional, you are forced to accept that "tradition" is not a valid argument for keeping anything.

Mr

Tin town

Mr

If it's viewing figures... Well that's an easy one. I suspect as above there is more than viewing figures behind replacing this program.

No arguments with this. But that is a totally different argument to "we have to keep it, it is tradition" which was your first post. Unless you're prepared to defend (for example) FGM on the basis it's traditional, you are forced to accept that "tradition" is not a valid argument for keeping anything.

Mr"

Well I'm not sure anyone is drawing analogy between the harmful brutal and offensive tradition of fgm with a program that shows singing hymns and showcases local history, Nor did I say "we have to keep it, it's tradition" what I said was "traditions take a long time to build. We don't need to throw them away".

There's only so much air time on mainstream channels. If they keep that new format question of sport on the air.. Well...

Tradition is the enemy of progress.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"I think headlines matter.

Surely this is freedom from tyrannical red tape, not burning all the churches down and forcing people to do the blasphemy challenge at gunpoint "

Spot on.

Tin town

"I think headlines matter.

Surely this is freedom from tyrannical red tape, not burning all the churches down and forcing people to do the blasphemy challenge at gunpoint

Spot on."

Yeah.... That's a great point.... I do get sucked in by headlines...

» Add a new message to this topic