FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > People talk to you

People talk to you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amekeeper82 OP   Man  over a year ago

Alton

Hi everyone can I ask what's the best thing to do when you talk to people your honest and getting on then suddenly they stop talking even though they are online . Had this today with a really nice couple.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It happens all the time.

You can try picking up again later if you feel like it.

Otherwise you just have to move on. It's crap, especially if you have a good feeling about them.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Move on. It's annoying for sure but this is an add on to life and you never know what someone is going through.

Alton

That's very true I just sent them a message saying it's all good just let me know I just can't understand but hey it's life.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I see it like this.

Sometimes I talk to randoms at a bus stop, or on the bus journey.

I may see them again another day at the bus stop or on the bus. Because I spoke to them once doesn't mean we are friends or that I want to speak to them every time I'm in that situation. I may nod them, I may have my head down engrossed in something else and not notice until they're getting off said bus that they were even on it in the first place.

No different here.

Maybe the message was lost under the pile there busy just in view mode not interaction mode or they simply got bored of talking

Alton

Very true guys I may have been here a while but still ahvea lot to learn thanks for the input.

"It happens all the time.

You can try picking up again later if you feel like it.

Otherwise you just have to move on. It's crap, especially if you have a good feeling about them. "

I would just be repeating this op. Chin up!

It just happens, in fact it's happened to me in the past few days. I just delete the messages and carry on regardless.

NBVN x

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

"Move on. It's annoying for sure but this is an add on to life and you never know what someone is going through. "

This if they have all of a suddenly ghosted it could be that they are busy or they changed their minds. It happens a lot unfortunately like I can’t keep track the number of times it’s happened to me

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"It just happens, in fact it's happened to me in the past few days. I just delete the messages and carry on regardless.

NBVN x"

This.

"It just happens, in fact it's happened to me in the past few days. I just delete the messages and carry on regardless.

NBVN x"

I leave the messages, makes me feel like Im actually liked, so long as I don't look at the date of the last message .

By *scanioMan  over a year ago

Runcorn

"Hi everyone can I ask what's the best thing to do when you talk to people your honest and getting on then suddenly they stop talking even though they are online . Had this today with a really nice couple."

Welcome to my world ha ha!

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I’ve had it happen a few times, best thing is to just take it on the chin and move on.

Alton

Thanks guys I've learnt alot this morning and all the advice has helped thank you.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Give them time and space, not every can chat all the time. Never send two messages in a row.

NBVN x

I leave the messages, makes me feel like Im actually liked, so long as I don't look at the date of the last message . "

I keep my inbox orderly. I choose not to seek personal validation from any social media platform. I know that I am liked by the people who are actually in my real life.

I am not knocking you but maybe you need to reconsider your thought process regarding this

NBVN x

"Hi everyone can I ask what's the best thing to do when you talk to people your honest and getting on then suddenly they stop talking even though they are online . Had this today with a really nice couple."

if thats bothering you just wait until they agree to meet then don't show up! its a tough place im afraid..

just dont let it bother you and keep going. probably 1/100 are actually really interested..

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

Okay… so I think I may be guilty of having done this in the past.

Why? Well, sometimes it may be that I haven’t been here for some time due to life outside of Fab (yes, there is one!) and when I am back I really try to reply but, especially if it has been a longish time, it may take a while as I read through the messages received.

Some other times I may appear online yet I am not really online (tablet connected but not being in use). If I am really online I may not be either long enough to write a “proper” reply (if you have a look at my profile you’ll see that I can go on and on and on) or, to be brutally honest, that I am not in the right frame of mind to reply and I may be just reading messages on the forum. The “anonymity” this site provides allows me to be open here about my low self-esteem issues due to years and years being ignored and some times my silence has nothing to do with the person I have been talking but with myself.

My reply might not be of help to the OP but it is just my small contribution to the thread.

NBVN x

I leave the messages, makes me feel like Im actually liked, so long as I don't look at the date of the last message .

I keep my inbox orderly. I choose not to seek personal validation from any social media platform. I know that I am liked by the people who are actually in my real life.

I am not knocking you but maybe you need to reconsider your thought process regarding this

NBVN x"

It's ok, Im Reasonably well liked outside. It can be a bit depressing when you have an empty box so it's nice to have something even it's rubbish

Alton

Thanks guys I'll keep trying I know what your all saying I just had to ask the question.

By *oggianiCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

It happens ..just like when you add them as friends..talk for a while then nothing .

Don't take it personally .plenty more fish in the sea ...

» Add a new message to this topic