FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Broken shoulder

Broken shoulder

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/22 09:16:00]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Recently broke my shoulder in 4 places, required a plate and 8 pins to put it back together.

Anyone else experienced anything like this and how long were you out of action?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Has the doc given you any info? Decent painkillers I hope.

Get well soon.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ouch! I've only ever broken my arm but I have had a titanium implant in my spine. That involves a small flexible device being screwed to the adjoining vertebrae. That took me around nine weeks to recover from but obviously no bones had to mend.

Hope it all heals well

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Recently broke my shoulder in 4 places, required a plate and 8 pins to put it back together.

Anyone else experienced anything like this and how long were you out of action? "

You should stop going to those 4 places.

"Recently broke my shoulder in 4 places, required a plate and 8 pins to put it back together.

Anyone else experienced anything like this and how long were you out of action?

You should stop going to those 4 places."

Yeah tell me about it, lol

"Has the doc given you any info? Decent painkillers I hope.

Get well soon. "

Thank you, anywhere between 3 month and 18 month, but hoping its closer to 3 month.

By *asha86Couple  over a year ago

walsall

[Removed by poster at 20/04/22 09:29:56]

walsall

I broke my ankle in 2 places. I had to have metal plate and 7 screws fitted. Was in back slab before surgery for almost 2wks, had op and then in cast for 8weeks and then had air cast boot for another 6weeks. I was walking and weight bearing on it after 10 weeks from start to finish and had 3months of physio. xT

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

[Removed by poster at 20/04/22 09:35:17]

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I had a proximal humerus fracture, no pinning required. Despite physio after, I've never fully regained the same strength in that shoulder. The break was over 10yrs ago and my left shoulder (the broken one) gives me serious gip in the gym etc.

"Ouch

Im also suffering from a broken shoulder also had plate & 8 pins put in back in November was told I'd be good to go in about 12 weeks, unfortunately things didn't go to plan I've just had a 2nd surgery & now 4 weeks into a 16 weeks recovery (so I'll be at 8.5 months in total)

I'll happily message you more details but my stories a bit grim so don't want to scare you if you don't want to here it as I hope my scenario isn't common "

Can we chat privately?

"I broke my ankle in 2 places. I had to have metal plate and 7 screws fitted. Was in back slab before surgery for almost 2wks, had op and then in cast for 8weeks and then had air cast boot for another 6weeks. I was walking and weight bearing on it after 10 weeks from start to finish and had 3months of physio. xT "

Cheers wish they could of put a cast on this lol

Ha well no happy tails, guess the morale of the story is not fall off whilst swinging from the chandeliers

walsall

Ended up driving round on a mobility scooter for the duration because I don't do sitting still well xT

"I had a proximal humerus fracture, no pinning required. Despite physio after, I've never fully regained the same strength in that shoulder. The break was over 10yrs ago and my left shoulder (the broken one) gives me serious gip in the gym etc."

Thats my worry as im a hgv driver, not sure i will get full use back.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I had my collarbone removed. True story

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"I had a proximal humerus fracture, no pinning required. Despite physio after, I've never fully regained the same strength in that shoulder. The break was over 10yrs ago and my left shoulder (the broken one) gives me serious gip in the gym etc."
I’m going through this at the minute it’s been 11 weeks and I’m still in a lot of pain and my arm is stuck to my side with no movement whatsoever.Took me 2 days to get through to make a appointment for fracture clinic hopefully will get sorted .

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I've had the cold shoulder before now

"I had a proximal humerus fracture, no pinning required. Despite physio after, I've never fully regained the same strength in that shoulder. The break was over 10yrs ago and my left shoulder (the broken one) gives me serious gip in the gym etc.I’m going through this at the minute it’s been 11 weeks and I’m still in a lot of pain and my arm is stuck to my side with no movement whatsoever.Took me 2 days to get through to make a appointment for fracture clinic hopefully will get sorted ."

That seems rather along time, I had a operation after 10 days, im now 4 weeks in and just taken the sling off and am doing physio. The sling was causing more muscle pain.

» Add a new message to this topic