FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Biscuit Tin

Biscuit Tin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you put your biscuits in a special tin or don't they last that long? I collect biscuit tins (the proper ones with that detachable bit you put in the oven for 5 mins). In mine, I mostly have shortbread and lemon puffs. What would be in your tin? Jaffa cakes is not an acceptable answer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

I don’t own a biscuit tin.

Growing up my parents had one and I always used to hate the fact you would pull a custard cream out and it would smell like a bourbon. Mixing biscuits in the tin is not cool

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Special tin. Rich tea are in there perfect for dunking!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"Do you put your biscuits in a special tin or don't they last that long? I collect biscuit tins (the proper ones with that detachable bit you put in the oven for 5 mins). In mine, I mostly have shortbread and lemon puffs. What would be in your tin? Jaffa cakes is not an acceptable answer "

Genuine question (I know!), but what tin involves a bit that goes in the oven?? What is this?!?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No

Plus there's the bonus of eating the melange of crumbs at the bottom with a teaspoon

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

We have a glass jar for our biscuits, but it's rare that they make it into it

"Do you put your biscuits in a special tin or don't they last that long? I collect biscuit tins (the proper ones with that detachable bit you put in the oven for 5 mins). In mine, I mostly have shortbread and lemon puffs. What would be in your tin? Jaffa cakes is not an acceptable answer

Genuine question (I know!), but what tin involves a bit that goes in the oven?? What is this?!?"

My tins are from 50's/60's and 70's. In some of them, there's a round pierced metal thing about the size of a hockey puck that detaches. You put it in the oven every once in a while and it keeps your biccies crisp. I think it has rice grains in it.

Its nothing like gerbling tho

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"Do you put your biscuits in a special tin or don't they last that long? I collect biscuit tins (the proper ones with that detachable bit you put in the oven for 5 mins). In mine, I mostly have shortbread and lemon puffs. What would be in your tin? Jaffa cakes is not an acceptable answer

Genuine question (I know!), but what tin involves a bit that goes in the oven?? What is this?!?

My tins are from 50's/60's and 70's. In some of them, there's a round pierced metal thing about the size of a hockey puck that detaches. You put it in the oven every once in a while and it keeps your biccies crisp. I think it has rice grains in it."

Cool, ok. Every day's a school day!

I don't have a biscuit tin but my grandparents did.

It was my favourite thing when visiting, being asked if I'd like something from the biscuit tin.

Occasionally I would take a biscuit from the tin and shove it in my gob quickly when they were out of the room.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We have a biscuit tin for our savoury crackers but we don't for sweet biscuits, probably because they get scoffed down and don't last long

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Ahh I hate biscuit tins, everything tastes the same.

reminds me of when I used to mix coco pops and rice crispies together when I was a kid

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

They don't tend to last long enough to be put in a tin... Teenagers.

When I make some I put them in a airtight tin.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Not a tin but an airtight glass jar that you can fit 5 packs in.

» Add a new message to this topic