FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What kind

What kind

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

of neighbour are you? Do you get on with your neighbours? Are you considerate and careful how your actions may impact on their quality of life? Is your garden turned into an amusement park at the expense of the right of your neighbours to some peace and quite in their own home? The summer is round the corner and sometimes the cause of many issues with rowdy neighbours, non stop partying, trampolining galore, footballs flying all over other people's gardens and an 'it's all about me' attitude. Should we all be more considerate or just do as we please in our own homes and gardens or indeed anywhere else where we share space with others like hotels, cafes, restaurants etc. I am interested to know as I like to observe people's behaviour and I am increasingly shocked at the selfish and inconsiderate behaviour of some individuals and families. My own opinion is that there is right and wrong place for everything that should be obvious to us but often isn't

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am respectful in terms of noise etc but no one should be told what to do in their own home. It might be a disruption to others but it's their right I guess.

Yorkshire

"I am respectful in terms of noise etc but no one should be told what to do in their own home. It might be a disruption to others but it's their right I guess. "

That's is true but surely as you say you are respectful of noise etc and that's what most people will want. I can still enjoy my home and garden and time out at a cafe or restaurant without inflicting 'pain' to others whether I am on my own, family or a group of friends. I went for a nice coffee at the weekend, sat outside at this cafe enjoying the sunshine. This family with three kids came and it was suddenly as if you were in the middle of mayhem and not a word from the parents. In fact they were probably worse than the kids. Several people got up and left - I stayed as had not finished my cake yet .

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Done a few jobs for neighbours. We look out for each other.

Yorkshire

"Done a few jobs for neighbours. We look out for each other."

Brilliant, same as me. One of them is my best friend. We do respect each other and try not to be a nuisance to anyone else.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I would say good. 99% of the time you won't know we're here other than when passing on the way in and out. We're friendly with most of our neighbours, we know each others names, take parcels for each other, etc and a lot of us hung out a lot in lockdown when we couldn't do much more than sit in our gardens. We have maybe one party a year which can be quite loud but we give advance warning and invite them over to join. Everyone in our building is a similar age to us and are similar with the once in a blue moon party so it works out quite well. The guy who lives below us I imagine hears us the most but he often plays loud music and his guitar in the afternoon/early evening. We don't mind though. I like his music taste and he doesn't play it late. I think a lot of the time its about compatibility. Some people want mutual near silence, others don't mind a bit of noise every now and then and it's a bit more relaxed as you don't have to worry about your own so much. I don't think many people like lots of noise regularly though, especially late at night.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We're just normal neighbours when it comes to noise. I'm sure we can sometimes be heard by the neighbours but then again, we hear our neighbours frequently. The walls are paper thin unfortunately. The current neighbours are a huge improvement on the previous ones. Yes, they do late night DIY, which can be very annoying, but they're otherwise fine. Our daughter is friendly with them and likes going to see their cat. The gentleman next door is happy to help Mr KC with heavy lifting, because I'm bloody useless at such things nowadays.

We speak to the neighbours opposite but the older chap diagonally opposite has become reclusive and refuses to interact any more. He used to be very friendly.

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

I’d say in general I’m a good neighbor. I’m good friends with one side and the other side I never see or very rarely.

Different things irritate different people. A lot of things don’t bother me and I let a lot go over my head.

You mentioned trampolines and balls. Balls coming into my garden don’t bother me, it happens frequently as a couple behind me play catch regularly and I end up with loads of tennis balls in my garden. When I see them I just Chuck them back and it’s the same for trampolines. A family 3 doors down have one and play on it regularly in the summer.

Two doors down regularly play music in the summer and I don’t mind that but I prefer it when it’s songs I like.

I have regular BBQs in the summer and I’m sure the smell annoys some people but I won’t stop because it’s something I enjoy.

One of my children is also classed as disabled and doesn’t talk at all but he can at times make alots of high pitched noises when happy and excited and just in general. I know people can hear him up the street as Iv been walking back from the shop before and could hear him up the road. There isn’t anything I can do about it but all the Neighbours I speak to are really nice about it. Some even say they like hearing him and they can tell when he’s happy and it makes them smile.

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Helped the old chap next door when his shed collapsed in to my garden in the last big storm we had

In my old house in Brum many years ago took my then neighbour to hospital when he had an angina attack

Always friendly with neighbours in fact always friendly with everyone

Yorkshire

It's great to see most people are getting on with their neighbours and help and respect one another. I know I do. It's all about measured behaviour and consideration for each other when people live in such proximity.

To be honest my post was prompted by the fact that some elderly friends of mine who live next door to what sounds like the family from hell and they are very distressed about it. They never seem to be able to enjoy any time in their own garden anymore since that family moved in next door. Constant screams from the kids on the trampoline or playing football in a tiny garden or the parents screaming at one another or at the kids but all the way from inside the house. That kind of behaviour would drive me insane and I really feel for them at their age to have to put up with that. They politely mentioned it to them once and apparently told them to 'chill out' and it's their house and their kids can do what they like.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I barely speak with neighbours but I get along with them when I do. I try to stay quiet after 10.

C

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I get on really well with all my neighbours, the only issues that sometimes crop up are to do with parking but they are usually resolved amicably. I have a lot of banter with my immediate neighbour on both sexual and general topics and she winds me up a lot.

At the insistance of my daughter I have fitted a key safe. I took the security code round to my neighbour asking if they would mind having it in the event of an emergency. "Does that mean I can let myself in any time" she asked with a wicked smile on her face. Time will tell.

» Add a new message to this topic