FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Naturism

Naturism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abswing10 OP   Man  over a year ago

hastings

Hi, I wondered if there’s many people on here that enjoy naturism? I went to a naturist beach (fair light in Hastings) for the first time today and I actually loved it! Felt very free and open however I noticed there was 99% males, is this normal/common?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So basically fab.

On a beach.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"So basically fab.

On a beach."

Yes, yes it is

By *he_massangerMan  over a year ago

Stornoway

A fine opportunity for a day out with the lads doing penis windmills in the open air.

hastings

"So basically fab.

On a beach."

Yeah..pretty much haha, I was quite surprised I thought it would be 50/50 maybe 60/40 but genuinely 99% were male. Not sure if normal or not

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

We tend to go to family beaches abroad, too many voyeurs on the UK beaches looking for a easy thrill

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

In the UK we've noticed it's mostly men. Some European countries are far more relaxed about nudity.

hastings

"We tend to go to family beaches abroad, too many voyeurs on the UK beaches looking for a easy thrill "

Yes I did notice that! I went purely just to be nude outdoors and had an awful lot of men suggesting to go into the bushes etc..I’m straight so was a tad uncomfortable at times if they were being pushy but overall I felt fine I just wished to see more women!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I was quite surprised I thought it would be 50/50 maybe 60/40 but genuinely 99% were male. Not sure if normal or not"

As a general rule, in the height of summer you will find more women about, but I've never seen less than 60% male. At this time of year and in late autumn, it's almost completely male.

Of course some places have a reputation for being gay, so you'll hardy see any women there. I don't know the reputation of Hastings.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was quite surprised I thought it would be 50/50 maybe 60/40 but genuinely 99% were male. Not sure if normal or not

As a general rule, in the height of summer you will find more women about, but I've never seen less than 60% male. At this time of year and in late autumn, it's almost completely male.

Of course some places have a reputation for being gay, so you'll hardy see any women there. I don't know the reputation of Hastings."

We've never found the darn place

hastings

"In the UK we've noticed it's mostly men. Some European countries are far more relaxed about nudity."

I noticed you are also from Hastings..Perhaps it’s just a thing down at Fair light? Have you been to many other places in the Uk? It was my first experience today and it was at fair light! Hopefully I’ll see you down there at some point’!

hastings

"I was quite surprised I thought it would be 50/50 maybe 60/40 but genuinely 99% were male. Not sure if normal or not

Of course some places have a reputation for being gay, so you'll hardy see any women there. I don't know the reputation of Hastings."

That does make sense! I guess I had hoped as it’s one of the first nice weekends we have had and it being a bank holiday it would be on people’s minds!

hastings

Of course some places have a reputation for being gay, so you'll hardy see any women there. I don't know the reputation of Hastings.

We've never found the darn place "

Haha it was a bit of a trek! I’d be happy to message you with exact directions that I used to find it or we could meet at the car park and I could take you down

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"In the UK we've noticed it's mostly men. Some European countries are far more relaxed about nudity.

I noticed you are also from Hastings..Perhaps it’s just a thing down at Fair light? Have you been to many other places in the Uk? It was my first experience today and it was at fair light! Hopefully I’ll see you down there at some point’!"

We've been to Norman's Bay and Birling Gap. We've honestly never managed to locate Fairlight

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Haha it was a bit of a trek! I’d be happy to message you with exact directions that I used to find it or we could meet at the car park and I could take you down "

Thank you for your offer. If we decide to try again we'll get in touch

By *iaisonseekerMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Never been to one in this country but ratios abroad are not quite so unbalanced. However, you do find that a naturist beach might have its own gay section which will be quite the sausage fest.

hastings

"In the UK we've noticed it's mostly men. Some European countries are far more relaxed about nudity.

I noticed you are also from Hastings..Perhaps it’s just a thing down at Fair light? Have you been to many other places in the Uk? It was my first experience today and it was at fair light! Hopefully I’ll see you down there at some point’!

We've been to Norman's Bay and Birling Gap. We've honestly never managed to locate Fairlight "

How was it down Norman’s bay and birling gap? Was it mostly male too? I’m guessing they are easier to find too

hastings

Haha it was a bit of a trek! I’d be happy to message you with exact directions that I used to find it or we could meet at the car park and I could take you down

Thank you for your offer. If we decide to try again we'll get in touch"

No problem, happy to help anytime

hastings

"Never been to one in this country but ratios abroad are not quite so unbalanced. However, you do find that a naturist beach might have its own gay section which will be quite the sausage fest. "

Ah fair enough perhaps it’s not such a thing for females In the uk..and yeah maybe I just stumbled into the wrong part,seems likely..

Still a charmer

hastings

"Still a charmer "

it’s a shame you are so far away

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've been to Norman's Bay and Birling Gap. We've honestly never managed to locate Fairlight

How was it down Norman’s bay and birling gap? Was it mostly male too? I’m guessing they are easier to find too"

Yes mostly men.

hastings

How was it down Norman’s bay and birling gap? Was it mostly male too? I’m guessing they are easier to find too

Yes mostly men. "

Ah I was hoping I just got unlucky down fair light! What time of the year was it? I’m going to try fair light again when it’s a bit hotter and hope to see more women out!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes mostly men.

Ah I was hoping I just got unlucky down fair light! What time of the year was it? I’m going to try fair light again when it’s a bit hotter and hope to see more women out!"

We go in the summer.

We genuinely go just to sunbathe and if possible to swim in the sea so we're not too concerned about the man/woman ratio. What does annoy us though are the men who are just there to stare at the women.

hastings

Yes mostly men.

Ah I was hoping I just got unlucky down fair light! What time of the year was it? I’m going to try fair light again when it’s a bit hotter and hope to see more women out!

We go in the summer.

We genuinely go just to sunbathe and if possible to swim in the sea so we're not too concerned about the man/woman ratio. What does annoy us though are the men who are just there to stare at the women."

Yeah that’s fair enough, I just wanted to go to be able to be naked and feel the sun and breeze out in the open,it felt good! I can imagine it must be hard being a woman because even myself today did feel a little bit ‘stared’ at which is why I’d personally prefer there to be more women as I’m straight myself so it just felt a bit odd having loads of men look. I don’t mind being looked at but I’d feel more comfortable being around a mixture of both, I also feel men aren’t typically the best at taking ‘hints’.

By *ig.daddyDMan  over a year ago

the borders

I haven’t had the chance yet I live in Scotland so it’s cold up hear so maybe in the summer

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

We genuinely go just to sunbathe and if possible to swim in the sea so we're not too concerned about the man/woman ratio. What does annoy us though are the men who are just there to stare at the women.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I just wanted to go to be able to be naked and feel the sun and breeze out in the open,it felt good! I can imagine it must be hard being a woman because even myself today did feel a little bit ‘stared’ at which is why I’d personally prefer there to be more women as I’m straight myself so it just felt a bit odd having loads of men look. I don’t mind being looked at but I’d feel more comfortable being around a mixture of both, I also feel men aren’t typically the best at taking ‘hints’."

Ha ha. We don't hint, if they're a nuisance my husband makes it very clear that they need to go forth and multiply. In fairness it is mostly what we call "meerkats" who look but don't approach. There are also the guys who are ever so innocently videoing or photographing the scenery. I'm always on the look out for that and throw a towel over myself.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I just wanted to go to be able to be naked and feel the sun and breeze out in the open,it felt good! I can imagine it must be hard being a woman because even myself today did feel a little bit ‘stared’ at which is why I’d personally prefer there to be more women as I’m straight myself so it just felt a bit odd having loads of men look. I don’t mind being looked at but I’d feel more comfortable being around a mixture of both, I also feel men aren’t typically the best at taking ‘hints’."

You might consider going to Eureka or Silverleigh.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

The gawpers, the photographers and the "hoping for something more" brigade completely put us off anything like this.

hastings

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I just wanted to go to be able to be naked and feel the sun and breeze out in the open,it felt good! I can imagine it must be hard being a woman because even myself today did feel a little bit ‘stared’ at which is why I’d personally prefer there to be more women as I’m straight myself so it just felt a bit odd having loads of men look. I don’t mind being looked at but I’d feel more comfortable being around a mixture of both, I also feel men aren’t typically the best at taking ‘hints’.

Ha ha. We don't hint, if they're a nuisance my husband makes it very clear that they need to go forth and multiply. In fairness it is mostly what we call "meerkats" who look but don't approach. There are also the guys who are ever so innocently videoing or photographing the scenery. I'm always on the look out for that and throw a towel over myself."

That’s definitely the way to be, some men just don’t get it!

I didn’t even consider the fact people may take photos! I would hate that.. I don’t mind being looked at but I definitely wouldn’t want photos taken of me. I did notice quite a few ‘meerkats’ today too actually who didn’t actually make any conversation just stared..

hastings

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

You might consider going to Eureka or Silverleigh. "

Are they not more of a place to go and ‘play’? They are just over an hour away from me, I may visit soon in the summer!

hastings

"The gawpers, the photographers and the "hoping for something more" brigade completely put us off anything like this. "

I can definitely see why.. I hadn’t even thought about the possibility of photos being taken..would definitely make me feel uncomfortable

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"The gawpers, the photographers and the "hoping for something more" brigade completely put us off anything like this.

I can definitely see why.. I hadn’t even thought about the possibility of photos being taken..would definitely make me feel uncomfortable "

It's mainly a moot point because we couldn't get to any of them anyway.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

Are they not more of a place to go and ‘play’? They are just over an hour away from me, I may visit soon in the summer!"

You don't have to "play". At Silverleigh it's only allowed in the private rooms. We haven't been to Eureka the last couple of years but the pool area and top field were sunbathing only when we used to go

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

We visited studland last year and really enjoyed it. I was nervous at first as it was my first time but once we got sat down and naked I was fine. There was a mix there but it was a hot day in the peak of summer and it is very popular. No one approached us or made it too obvious they were looking.

I’m actually from Brighton and there is a nudist beach there but that’s known for being mostly men.

Kx

hastings

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

Are they not more of a place to go and ‘play’? They are just over an hour away from me, I may visit soon in the summer!

You don't have to "play". At Silverleigh it's only allowed in the private rooms. We haven't been to Eureka the last couple of years but the pool area and top field were sunbathing only when we used to go"

Ah okay that’s good to hear, thank you! I’m sure I’ll bump into you in one of them one day

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

We love naturist beaches and clubs. It's a shame it is so male-dominated over here. It's not like that in mainland Europe.

hastings

"We visited studland last year and really enjoyed it. I was nervous at first as it was my first time but once we got sat down and naked I was fine. There was a mix there but it was a hot day in the peak of summer and it is very popular. No one approached us or made it too obvious they were looking.

I’m actually from Brighton and there is a nudist beach there but that’s known for being mostly men.

Kx"

I’m glad you had a good experience and felt comfortable! Yeah I know Brighton well, I’ve heard that nudist beach is almost always just men but I’ve never been myself

hastings

"We love naturist beaches and clubs. It's a shame it is so male-dominated over here. It's not like that in mainland Europe. "

Hope to see you at a naturist beach soon!

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Love Fairlight so many memories not been there for must be 55 years! Must go back soon whilst I can get down there! Remember it was quite a treck down! We used to get the train to Hastings then bus to Fairlight and walk down through woods! We would walk back across the top to Hastings x

hastings

"Love Fairlight so many memories not been there for must be 55 years! Must go back soon whilst I can get down there! Remember it was quite a treck down! We used to get the train to Hastings then bus to Fairlight and walk down through woods! We would walk back across the top to Hastings x"

Yeah it was really nice down there, the walk was quite long but had good views most of the way so could be worse! I hope to see you there soon

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I love being naked and go to nudist beaches when on holiday.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

We've been to Norman's Bay and Birling Gap. We've honestly never managed to locate Fairlight "

It’s on google maps - Fairlight Glen

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It’s on google maps - Fairlight Glen "

Thank you, yes we can see it on a map. It's a slightly different matter finding it on the ground . We've got close but never quite managed to find it

hastings

"I love being naked and go to nudist beaches when on holiday. "

Im glad to hear! Have you not experienced any in the UK?

hastings

It’s on google maps - Fairlight Glen

Thank you, yes we can see it on a map. It's a slightly different matter finding it on the ground . We've got close but never quite managed to find it"

Yeah the map won’t really help you too much to be honest, it’s best to find out a few ‘checkpoints’ and have exact directions from someone that’s been there, I struggled finding it even with exact directions haha

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I love being naked, sunshine on my skin…very freeing x

hastings

"I love being naked, sunshine on my skin…very freeing x"

Yeah I felt very free yesterday, was a very nice feeling I definitely want to experience again! Hopefully the weather stays nice so it can be a regular thing!

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

Ha ha. We don't hint, if they're a nuisance my husband makes it very clear that they need to go forth and multiply. In fairness it is mostly what we call "meerkats" who look but don't approach. There are also the guys who are ever so innocently videoing or photographing the scenery. I'm always on the look out for that and throw a towel over myself."

The way I see it is a nude beach is no different to a textile beach apart from a few less clothes. Yet lots of people seem to think unacceptable sexual behaviour is more ok at a nude beach.

We also go to the beach to sunbathe and swim and we hate wearing clothes. We sometimes go with some of our family. Naturally being naturist we have no problem people seeing us naked. Bit we want to feel safe and free and more importantly our family to feel safe. So it's just a bit unpleasant when you get a sense of someone being there just to be perve and even worse take photos of you without permission.

As to sexual activity we have no problem with it providing every care has been taken to avoid it affecting or being seen by others and all evidence is cleared up afterwards. Afterall we like outdoor sex too (not at the beach) but our sexual gratification doesn't trump people's right not to be unconcensaully affected by our sexual actives.

I enjoy it.

How so you tell which men are there for naturism purpose and not to perv?

It's not hard.

hastings

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

Ha ha. We don't hint, if they're a nuisance my husband makes it very clear that they need to go forth and multiply. In fairness it is mostly what we call "meerkats" who look but don't approach. There are also the guys who are ever so innocently videoing or photographing the scenery. I'm always on the look out for that and throw a towel over myself.

The way I see it is a nude beach is no different to a textile beach apart from a few less clothes. Yet lots of people seem to think unacceptable sexual behaviour is more ok at a nude beach.

We also go to the beach to sunbathe and swim and we hate wearing clothes. We sometimes go with some of our family. Naturally being naturist we have no problem people seeing us naked. Bit we want to feel safe and free and more importantly our family to feel safe. So it's just a bit unpleasant when you get a sense of someone being there just to be perve and even worse take photos of you without permission.

As to sexual activity we have no problem with it providing every care has been taken to avoid it affecting or being seen by others and all evidence is cleared up afterwards. Afterall we like outdoor sex too (not at the beach) but our sexual gratification doesn't trump people's right not to be unconcensaully affected by our sexual actives."

Yeah I completely agree, a nudist beach is exactly what it says it is..a beach..where you can be nude.. not everyone is there for sexual activities which some men just didn’t seem to quite grasp yesterday. I did feel a bit strange being surrounded by men all with the intention for sexual activities..I don’t mind sexual activities going on as long as it’s not in such close proximity to make me feel uncomfortable. There’s definitely a time and place for outdoor sex!

hastings

"I enjoy it.

It's not hard. "

It was fairly obvious who was there to relax on the beach nude and who was looking like a meerkat staring the whole time

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Yes mostly men.

We go in the summer.

As to sexual activity we have no problem with it providing every care has been taken to avoid it affecting or being seen by others and all evidence is cleared up afterwards. Afterall we like outdoor sex too (not at the beach) but our sexual gratification doesn't trump people's right not to be unconcensaully affected by our sexual actives.

Yeah I completely agree, a nudist beach is exactly what it says it is..a beach..where you can be nude.. not everyone is there for sexual activities which some men just didn’t seem to quite grasp yesterday. I did feel a bit strange being surrounded by men all with the intention for sexual activities..I don’t mind sexual activities going on as long as it’s not in such close proximity to make me feel uncomfortable. There’s definitely a time and place for outdoor sex! "

Important to be discreet and not ruin things. My favourite beach in Essex is quite clearly ‘self divided’. The first section is couples, walk along further towards the nature reserve fence and it becomes bi / gay male. Even in that section it’s well self managed as occasionally people walk along the actual beach, the action goes on further back in the dunes.

By *as1373Couple  over a year ago

Taupo, New Zealand & Persian Gulf

We've never found the darn place "

We have been a few times now, nice warm down.

We prefer European countries to UK for many reasons. Firstly is weather of course. Secondly, there is or appears to be a greater tolerance to it. Our two places of choice are Rovinj in Croatia and Fuerteventura. The latter I love the liberal nature of being able to walk for miles naked and no one cares, plus we can enjoy some fun in the sun. Equally Croatia, there is actually a proper swinger beach and a very liberal attitude to nudity.

By *he fun pairCouple  over a year ago

mids

Where would you recommend for a family holiday ?

There are a number of nudist sites in Rovinj for families to.

Actually never tried it anywhere other than in the privacy of our garden

hastings

"Actually never tried it anywhere other than in the privacy of our garden "

You should try a beach, makes you feel very free!

hastings

"We prefer European countries to UK for many reasons. Firstly is weather of course. Secondly, there is or appears to be a greater tolerance to it. Our two places of choice are Rovinj in Croatia and Fuerteventura. The latter I love the liberal nature of being able to walk for miles naked and no one cares, plus we can enjoy some fun in the sun. Equally Croatia, there is actually a proper swinger beach and a very liberal attitude to nudity."

Sounds great I might have to visit!

ashford

"I enjoy it.

It's not hard. "

This is why I don't think they are a good thing! As shd not b people b able to do that when it's a true naturist beach for familys I still feel that uncomfortably from back then was horrid! In fact I think naturists shd b adults only just my opinion of course x

hastings

"I enjoy it.

It's not hard.

This is why I don't think they are a good thing! As shd not b people b able to do that when it's a true naturist beach for familys I still feel that uncomfortably from back then was horrid! In fact I think naturists shd b adults only just my opinion of course x"

Yea I think there should be a ‘family’ place to go and an adults place to go

ashford

"I enjoy it.

It's not hard.

This is why I don't think they are a good thing! As shd not b people b able to do that when it's a true naturist beach for familys I still feel that uncomfortably from back then was horrid! In fact I think naturists shd b adults only just my opinion of course x

Yea I think there should be a ‘family’ place to go and an adults place to go"

Trouble is unless it's a private place there will b pervs we used to go to sandwich bay alot as well remember them there amongst the dunes x

hastings

"I enjoy it.

It's not hard.

Yea I think there should be a ‘family’ place to go and an adults place to go

Trouble is unless it's a private place there will b pervs we used to go to sandwich bay alot as well remember them there amongst the dunes x"

Yea that’s true, I guess you can only control so much

» Add a new message to this topic