FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hillsborough 1 minute silence cut short

Hillsborough 1 minute silence cut short

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple  over a year ago

midlands

FA Cup semi final

1 minute silence at the start of the LFC V MCITY cut short due to chants from Man City supporters.

This match was watched around the World.

Well done if you were at the match and chanted, you have shown the World what a shit fan base you have.

Why do they do this?

97 people died going to a game, men,women and children and they cant put football aside for 1min.

I know there are City fans on fab, can you explain why you or your fans do that?

The tv cameras should have screened the fans that were chanting.

Him.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

[Removed by poster at 17/04/22 06:31:22]

darlington

[Removed by poster at 17/04/22 06:36:27]

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Personally, I think that there are far too many football "fans" in general who are disrespectful, aggressive, and down right tribal in their behaviour. I find it incredible that people are willing to take children into that environment.

Cal

midlands

"Smashed any away team coaches up lately? Liverpool fans taking the moral high ground on fan behaviour and i agree the city fans jeering should be ashamed but Liverpool fans should check their own house before slagging other teams "

Comparing a smashed coach to 97 dead women,men and children crushed to death watching a football game.

The events at Hillsborough has made football grounds safer for everyone and has shown what Govt and police corruption and media can do.

Well done you for explaining why they were chanting during a 1min silence. It was because of a smashed up coach.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m with an argument that they need to stop doing this unless they have confidence that it in the interest of both teams, ie remember ace day etc.

United have their own disaster that they hold a silence for that is/was often disturbed, eso from Liverpool fans so you can see how passionate I might be just as much as you are about this.

Your right op, it’s a disgrace when it’s about loss of life for 1minute and not a game of football.

Shame on those that try to disrupt peace in the world

midlands

"Personally, I think that there are far too many football "fans" in general who are disrespectful, aggressive, and down right tribal in their behaviour. I find it incredible that people are willing to take children into that environment.

Cal"

I agree.

Dont get that in other sport.

Rugby,cricket,tennis fans etc all sit together.

I see some of these fans with their kids swearing and fighting etc, what kind of parent are you?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Well done the City fans for saving Klopp the bother of writing a motivational speech to the team.

There's banter. And there's disrespectful cuntish behaviour.

And no, it doesn't compare to vandalising a coach.

Winston

darlington

"Smashed any away team coaches up lately? Liverpool fans taking the moral high ground on fan behaviour and i agree the city fans jeering should be ashamed but Liverpool fans should check their own house before slagging other teams

Comparing a smashed coach to 97 dead women,men and children crushed to death watching a football game.

The events at Hillsborough has made football grounds safer for everyone and has shown what Govt and police corruption and media can do.

Well done you for explaining why they were chanting during a 1min silence. It was because of a smashed up coach.

"

I’m not comparing I’m pointing out to you about the behaviour of Liverpool fans hardly I’m a position to take the moral high ground on fan behaviour are you

midlands

"I’m with an argument that they need to stop doing this unless they have confidence that it in the interest of both teams, ie remember ace day etc.

United have their own disaster that they hold a silence for that is/was often disturbed, eso from Liverpool fans so you can see how passionate I might be just as much as you are about this.

Your right op, it’s a disgrace when it’s about loss of life for 1minute and not a game of football.

Shame on those that try to disrupt peace in the world"

Thanks. I agree, any fans that disrupt a min silence should be ejected from the stadium and have their season ticket taken away whatever club you support.

Clubs are not doing enough.

We respect the min silence for the Munich disaster every year as it was more than about football.

darlington

Personally I think a minutes applause is better as it often drowns out the noise of the idiots I’m always on edge when it’s a silence as often you get people shouting I’ve said it before the mentality of football fans Some not all btw

"Smashed any away team coaches up lately? Liverpool fans taking the moral high ground on fan behaviour and i agree the city fans jeering should be ashamed but Liverpool fans should check their own house before slagging other teams

I’m not comparing I’m pointing out to you about the behaviour of Liverpool fans hardly I’m a position to take the moral high ground on fan behaviour are you "

Were the City supporters wrong to break the minutes silence? Yes.

Were the Liverpool supporters wrong to vandalise the coach? Yes.

Which one disrespected the dead?

Winston

"Personally I think a minutes applause is better as it often drowns out the noise of the idiots I’m always on edge when it’s a silence as often you get people shouting I’ve said it before the mentality of football fans Some not all btw "

Silence is the norm for respecting those who passed. At events like the Cenataph is apt and appropriate.

At a sports arena, football in particular, maybe applause should be the new norm.

Winston

darlington

I’m not comparing I’m pointing out to you about the behaviour of Liverpool fans hardly I’m a position to take the moral high ground on fan behaviour are you

Winston"

I’m not disagreeing with that I was simply pointing out that there fans aren’t as well behaved as they make out often at old Trafford they do the plane gestures not just Liverpool fans mite I add all clubs have the numptys who act like that unfortunately and as for this thread I’m done as I can see where it’s going

Winston I’m not disagreeing with that I was simply pointing out that there fans aren’t as well behaved as they make out often at old Trafford they do the plane gestures not just Liverpool fans mite I add all clubs have the numptys who act like that unfortunately and as for this thread I’m done as I can see where it’s going "

2018 Liverpool fans were chanting Munich and doing plane gestures

Winston I’m not disagreeing with that I was simply pointing out that there fans aren’t as well behaved as they make out often at old Trafford they do the plane gestures not just Liverpool fans mite I add all clubs have the numptys who act like that unfortunately and as for this thread I’m done as I can see where it’s going "

I'm in agreement. Behaviour like that is deplorable, whatever the club, whatever the ground.

Here the talk is specifically about yesterday's game though.

Winston

Winston I’m not disagreeing with that I was simply pointing out that there fans aren’t as well behaved as they make out often at old Trafford they do the plane gestures not just Liverpool fans mite I add all clubs have the numptys who act like that unfortunately and as for this thread I’m done as I can see where it’s going

2018 Liverpool fans were chanting Munich and doing plane gestures "

Also despicable behaviour.

Winston

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I think football in general ( not all admittedly) portrays a disrespectful message

It’s players are at times a disgrace

They get paid far far too much

The fans at times come across as aggressive thugs

Whilst it may happen in other sports too, football is prolific for showing appalling behaviour amongst it players and fans

darlington

Winston I’m not disagreeing with that I was simply pointing out that there fans aren’t as well behaved as they make out often at old Trafford they do the plane gestures not just Liverpool fans mite I add all clubs have the numptys who act like that unfortunately and as for this thread I’m done as I can see where it’s going

I'm in agreement. Behaviour like that is deplorable, whatever the club, whatever the ground.

Winston"

yes you are correct it’s about yesterday but the op on another thread had a go at city fans and labels them as toxic etc etc I thought that it was a sweeping statement to tar them all with the same brush so I pointed out that the behaviour of Liverpool fans isn’t exceptional and they didn’t like it and I was by no means comparing a loss of life to a few coaches getting bricked but it seems that’s how they took it

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

I’ll never take my boy to a football game again after the euros last year.

I go to Twickenham all the time and have never seen anything like I saw at Wembley. And it wasn’t the final I was at.

I’ll have to wait for the boy to age a few more years so he can protect me!!

midlands

Any fans that chant during ANY 1min silence should be called out.

If you cant keep your gob shut for 1min should you even be at a match?

What kind of human are you?

midlands

"I think football in general ( not all admittedly) portrays a disrespectful message

It’s players are at times a disgrace

They get paid far far too much

The fans at times come across as aggressive thugs

Whilst it may happen in other sports too, football is prolific for showing appalling behaviour amongst it players and fans "

I agree,

The UCL match between City and AM on tv the other day was awful to watch.

What AM did had no place in football and I hope there are sanctions and penalties to them.

Winston yes you are correct it’s about yesterday but the op on another thread had a go at city fans and labels them as toxic etc etc I thought that it was a sweeping statement to tar them all with the same brush so I pointed out that the behaviour of Liverpool fans isn’t exceptional and they didn’t like it and I was by no means comparing a loss of life to a few coaches getting bricked but it seems that’s how they took it "

I come into contact with more city fans and Liverpool fans than any other, so if we were all clever enough to figure out why, with my location it would be easy to have a biased view on who is worse, these are not the ‘worst fans’ I could reel off examples of bad form during ‘minute silences’. The op is right, it’s disgraceful and put City in the spotlight because of a few. You can’t justify it in anyway because’others have done it, so you can see why they might have!’

*this is the last I’m saying on this.

I also agree above, football fans as a whole are the worst type of sports fan. Its rare in other sports. I don’t know why.

Winston yes you are correct it’s about yesterday but the op on another thread had a go at city fans and labels them as toxic etc etc I thought that it was a sweeping statement to tar them all with the same brush so I pointed out that the behaviour of Liverpool fans isn’t exceptional and they didn’t like it and I was by no means comparing a loss of life to a few coaches getting bricked but it seems that’s how they took it "

I get you.

It's also why I say "some supporters".

My own team has some vile pricks in the stands too.

Unfortunately every team has them.

Their behaviour often has a galvanising effect on the opposition, as I suspect it did in yesterday's game.

I don't see why they can't see how it helps the opposition and just STFU.

Winston

Its a shame its a horrible thing but like we have seen with england fans football fans can be morons sometimes but i dont agree with the kicking people out and locking them up for booing people as long as they arnt overly abusive or violent they payed to go they can cheer and boo what they choose to there far too much of the i dont like what you say so il remove it in the world its very vlad you ask me

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

For some reason being in big groups at Football/Soccer matches seems to bring out the worst in some people. Other sports just don't seem to have the same problems.

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

"FA Cup semi final

1 minute silence at the start of the LFC V MCITY cut short due to chants from Man City supporters.

Well done if you were at the match and chanted, you have shown the World what a shit fan base you have.

Why do they do this?

97 people died going to a game, men,women and children and they cant put football aside for 1min.

I know there are City fans on fab, can you explain why you or your fans do that?

Him.

"

We live in a democracy but at times its difficult to believe now.

Much like taking a knee or views on gender, politics or anything we all have a right to disagree with pointless gestures.

By *hyguy469Man  over a year ago

BROMSGROVE

All clubs have a minority of shit fans that do mindless things.

Very naive if anyone thinks their club doesn't.

The majority of true City fans will be embarrassed by it.

By *eacupsbearCouple  over a year ago

York

"Personally, I think that there are far too many football "fans" in general who are disrespectful, aggressive, and down right tribal in their behaviour. I find it incredible that people are willing to take children into that environment.

Cal

I agree.

Dont get that in other sport.

Rugby,cricket,tennis fans etc all sit together.

I see some of these fans with their kids swearing and fighting etc, what kind of parent are you?"

I have loved football all my life.. but I'm not a fan of going to games.. I have seen grown adults acting disgustingly in front of kids, even their own.

However.. T and I love going to the women's football matches.. everyone sits together, there's a little bit of good natured banter.. but everyone is respectful of each other.. such a difference. I would highly recommend you go. Support football without arsehole "fans" without cheating players that act like they've just been shot if tackled.. it's an altogether more enjoyable occasion..

Cannot wait for the Women's FA Cup final.. even if my team doesn't make it.

B

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

Much like taking a knee or views on gender, politics or anything we all have a right to disagree with pointless gestures."

Were you there shouting during the silence?

"...

Him.

"

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

Much like taking a knee or views on gender, politics or anything we all have a right to disagree with pointless gestures."

What do you think invalidates democracy, about a private citizen believing that a private company should have behaved in a certain way?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

There are pointless gestures and then there is paying respect to 97 people, football fans, who lost their life. I'm sure even the most moronic of football "fans" can understand that sometimes showing respect to other humans is a good thing to do.

The fact we have to replace a minutes silence with a minutes noise because we can't trust our fans enough speaks volumes.

By *1c4yMan  over a year ago

stourbridge

They make noise during the minute silence but then take part in a 90 minute silence. Strange fans.

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

"

Am a Man Utd fan but l will never forget Saturday April 15th , those 97 went to see a football game and never returned , I stood at the memorial at Anfield to pay my respects , they will never be forgotten by real football fans ..ever.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"

The fact we have to replace a minutes silence with a minutes noise because we can't trust our fans enough speaks volumes. "

This. What an embarrassment. Children are capable of observing one minute silences, often for events they don't remember or even fully understand.

Manchester (she/her)

"

The fact we have to replace a minutes silence with a minutes noise because we can't trust our fans enough speaks volumes.

This. What an embarrassment. Children are capable of observing one minute silences, often for events they don't remember or even fully understand. "

I remember doing a minute's silence for Remembrance Day in primary school - most kids did manage it. The fact that adults can't is mind boggling.

"[Removed by poster at 17/04/22 06:31:22]"

This isn’t about moral high ground. You are saying they did this so we’ll do this. I think the Liverpool fan that threw the bottle at the coach is an idiot. You won’t stand up and say the same about your own fans.

darlington

"[Removed by poster at 17/04/22 06:31:22]

This isn’t about moral high ground. You are saying they did this so we’ll do this. I think the Liverpool fan that threw the bottle at the coach is an idiot. You won’t stand up and say the same about your own fans. "

you assume a lot don’t you what makes you think I’m a city fan ? I simply pointed out to someone who tarred city fans that their fans aren’t above causing bother any way that’s me on this topic

[Removed by poster at 17/04/22 10:23:03]

Are they football fans though? I assumed they are just Neanderthals out for a fight.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

"

Probably the same reason that some of your fans do Munich taunts... That disaster didn't just affect United after all.

C

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

Probably the same reason that some of your fans do Munich taunts... That disaster didn't just affect United after all.

C"

No. It didn’t. Especially as Matt Busby was a Liverpool Captain in his playing days. As a Liverpool fan I’m not ok with the Munich taunts.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Cal"

Football also teaches deception watch the fake fouls and see the message that gives out.

Luckily for me I hate football so don’t have to tolerate that shit.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

They are all as bad as each other. Not football fans just scumbags. I’ve been at United Liverpool matches in similar circumstances where they have chanted Munich 58. Disgusting. Any of it.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Stop with the football hate. Tribalism or not, psychology research has shown it is a great tool to help men with their mental health and that is a great thing given the current climate.

Keep on topic and stop being dicks.

C

By *uffsandCropsCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I watched with a City fan (I'm an LFC fan) and he agreed what happened was disrespectful and disgusting

If these people cannot respect the memory of any disaster of people - that's what it's about at the end of the day, regardless of who they support - then those people should not attend.

As others have said, it's embarrassing being a football fan when other sports are so inclusive regardless of your affiliation

Any minute silence is a tragic loss of human life. Respect it

Her x

midlands

"I watched with a City fan (I'm an LFC fan) and he agreed what happened was disrespectful and disgusting

If these people cannot respect the memory of any disaster of people - that's what it's about at the end of the day, regardless of who they support - then those people should not attend.

As others have said, it's embarrassing being a football fan when other sports are so inclusive regardless of your affiliation

Any minute silence is a tragic loss of human life. Respect it

Her x "

I agree 100%

Clubs and supporters need to do more and call out these idiots whatever team they follow and ban them.

When The City Lfc game finished last week there was some City fans gesturing over to lfc fans as if they had their face pushed up against fences and laughing ...it was all over twitter and reported to Man City and the Police but it still happens, these were men,woman and children mocking Hillsborough. They knew they were filmed and didnt care.

Sometimes humans can be inhumane.

Regardless of rights or wrongs and you can argue bad behaviour from all teams 'fan' base, however people who do this are not fans by any stretch, they are thugs looking for excuses to behave like a cunt.

If they were fans they wouldn't disgrace their club like this...

midlands

How peanut brained do you have to be to chant over a 1min silence in front of kids and think "Thats taught them"

If I had friends or family members that did that they will get a good slap in the head.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

"FA Cup semi final

Why do they do this?

Him.

"

Again, following on from the semi final thread, the vast majority of City fans from around the world would have respected the minutes silence.

It was a small minority that spoiled the event.

But you cannot condemn the rest of the fan base with sweeping statements.

To do so you would have to look at the behaviour of all fans, including Liverpool, and their recent and past behaviour.

Attacking the City's players bus, singing songs about the Munich disaster at Man Utd games.

So, please don't throw stones in glass houses.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Regardless of rights or wrongs and you can argue bad behaviour from all teams 'fan' base, however people who do this are not fans by any stretch, they are thugs looking for excuses to behave like a cunt.

"

All teams have their ‘bad bunch’ who have disrespect for others. Thankfully they are a small element within the grounds and do not represent most fans.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Best just abandon these gestures at sporting events. It's pointless having a minutes silence, it's pointless taking the knee. They are all empty gestures. Most people being silent are probably thinking about what is for tea tonight.

Manchester (she/her)

"Best just abandon these gestures at sporting events. It's pointless having a minutes silence, it's pointless taking the knee. They are all empty gestures. Most people being silent are probably thinking about what is for tea tonight. "

I presume you feel the same way about Remembrance Day and the poppy?

" "you have shown the World what a shit fan base you have....I know there are City fans on fab, can you explain why you or your fans do that?"

"

Isn't it this sort of accusation that fuels the anger of the other? I doubt if it's helpful to blame an entire fan base for the behaviour of a few that, in all likelihood, disgusted the majority of them. I doubt if they are able to explain it any more than you can.

I don't watch football but I doubt if any affiliation of any sort is blameless. There are rogues amongst us, whatever our affiliations.

The question is the behaviour, isn't it?

Shrewsbury

"Best just abandon these gestures at sporting events. It's pointless having a minutes silence, it's pointless taking the knee. They are all empty gestures. Most people being silent are probably thinking about what is for tea tonight. "

Or some of us do actually reflect (yes, during the Munich silence, I think of those poor people - as a LFC supporter)

Why should the idiotic amongst us reflect what we should or shouldn't do. Isn't stamping it out, starting with highlighting it, as in this thread, the better option.

It's hardly an empty gesture. It's very emotional for many people and is for the exact reason of showing respect. Let's not lose that ever just because some idiots decide they think being respectful for such a short time is impossible

"Regardless of rights or wrongs and you can argue bad behaviour from all teams 'fan' base, however people who do this are not fans by any stretch, they are thugs looking for excuses to behave like a cunt.

All teams have their ‘bad bunch’ who have disrespect for others. Thankfully they are a small element within the grounds and do not represent most fans. "

Exactly, that is what I mean by them not being fans, if they were they wouldn't disrespect their team or the fans

Never see this shit in Rugby, one of my sons best friends plays for Scotland and has done so in the Nations. My boy goes to watch the matches when they play at home (Murrayfield) and is always welcomed by the Scottish team and fans...never had hassle.

Just not sure why grown adults have to act like knobheads

Shrewsbury

" "you have shown the World what a shit fan base you have....I know there are City fans on fab, can you explain why you or your fans do that?"

Isn't it this sort of accusation that fuels the anger of the other? I doubt if it's helpful to blame an entire fan base for the behaviour of a few that, in all likelihood, disgusted the majority of them. I doubt if they are able to explain it any more than you can.

I don't watch football but I doubt if any affiliation of any sort is blameless. There are rogues amongst us, whatever our affiliations.

The question is the behaviour, isn't it?"

You're absolutely right, it's any person at any moment. Regardless of affiliation.

Manchester (she/her)

"Best just abandon these gestures at sporting events. It's pointless having a minutes silence, it's pointless taking the knee. They are all empty gestures. Most people being silent are probably thinking about what is for tea tonight.

Or some of us do actually reflect (yes, during the Munich silence, I think of those poor people - as a LFC supporter)

Why should the idiotic amongst us reflect what we should or shouldn't do. Isn't stamping it out, starting with highlighting it, as in this thread, the better option.

It's hardly an empty gesture. It's very emotional for many people and is for the exact reason of showing respect. Let's not lose that ever just because some idiots decide they think being respectful for such a short time is impossible "

If we're doing away with things that people have no use for...

I have a list of shit I think is worthless bollocks. Let's crack on.

It's useless to me, I don't care what other people think.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I find the whole concept of grown adults dragging their knuckles around the terraces faces screwed up in anger screaming and gesturing at each other very puzzling. Just enjoy the football.

And the need for the smaller elements to have a scrap afterwards is incredibly silly when you look at it. The justifications for such are laughable.

Don’t get much of this sort of thing at the cricket

"I find the whole concept of grown adults dragging their knuckles around the terraces faces screwed up in anger screaming and gesturing at each other very puzzling. Just enjoy the football.

And the need for the smaller elements to have a scrap afterwards is incredibly silly when you look at it. The justifications for such are laughable.

"

Yep and start to think that some of these people may be parents themselves and may well function normally in society.

"I find the whole concept of grown adults dragging their knuckles around the terraces faces screwed up in anger screaming and gesturing at each other very puzzling. Just enjoy the football.

"

Never seen a fight when a bit of sledging thrown in

Tin town

"Stop with the football hate. Tribalism or not, psychology research has shown it is a great tool to help men with their mental health and that is a great thing given the current climate.

Keep on topic and stop being dicks.

C"

Which bit of it as a great tool to help men with mental health? I'm kind of assuming its not the disrespect part.....? Or am I wrong and taking the piss and disrespecting and provoking others makes you feel better about yourself?

Chelmsford

Why keep harping on about the past.. forget the past..

"Why keep harping on about the past.. forget the past..

"

Do you wear a poppy Tom?

Chelmsford

Do you wear a poppy Tom? "

Never Ever Ever...

darlington

Class by the Liverpool fans tonight at anfield showing respect to cr7(claps hands )

By *D of funCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

YNWA

Classy from the fans tonight. So beautiful.

darlington

"Classy from the fans tonight. So beautiful. "
it was really class by them well done Liverpool fc just shows that fans can get together regardless of rivalry’s and show respect

7th minute tonight made me proud to be a red. Shame the Utd fans chanted “Murderers” in the second half.

Too many supporters indulge in “whataboutery” and seem to think it’s some kind of contest to claim one set of fans are more disrespectful than the next!

As a Liverpool fan I’m rightly ashamed of all the occasions our own supporters have sung about Munich or smashed up opposition teams coaches. Equally though, I find it disgusting when other teams supporters can’t observe a minutes silence or resort to singing about people needing to use food banks all in the name of “banter”.

Sing about Gerrard slipping all you want, sing about things we haven’t won or moments in our history (on the pitch) all you want but disrespecting the dead is low and you quite clearly are just pond life

By *rilogyMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"7th minute tonight made me proud to be a red. Shame the Utd fans chanted “Murderers” in the second half. "
that's lies lol

"

It's not the past for the people there that day or their families Tom.

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

"

disgraceful comment. Our history defines us and the 97 people who never came home should NEVER be forgotten. From a Blackburn Rovers fan. YNWA.

disgraceful comment. Our history defines us and the 97 people who never came home should NEVER be forgotten. From a Blackburn Rovers fan. YNWA. "

This plus The hundreds if not thousands of people that were there that day and forever traumatised. There are also people that could not cope with what they had seen that day and ended their own lives and they should also not be forgotten.

"7th minute tonight made me proud to be a red. Shame the Utd fans chanted “Murderers” in the second half. that's lies lol "

You were there last night? I was in the main stand and I heard it clear as day.

disgraceful comment. Our history defines us and the 97 people who never came home should NEVER be forgotten. From a Blackburn Rovers fan. YNWA.

This plus The hundreds if not thousands of people that were there that day and forever traumatised. There are also people that could not cope with what they had seen that day and ended their own lives and they should also not be forgotten. "

"Personally I think a minutes applause is better as it often drowns out the noise of the idiots I’m always on edge when it’s a silence as often you get people shouting I’ve said it before the mentality of football fans Some not all btw "

Totally agree with you here mate.

midlands

Some Utd fans never change.

Im the away end yesterday alot of fans chanted Hillsborough,murderer etc

Look on twitter for all you doubters.

Lfc fans applauded CR7 in the 7th min. Would they have done the same for a lfc player at old trafford..I think not.

"Too many supporters indulge in “whataboutery” and seem to think it’s some kind of contest to claim one set of fans are more disrespectful than the next!

As a Liverpool fan I’m rightly ashamed of all the occasions our own supporters have sung about Munich or smashed up opposition teams coaches. Equally though, I find it disgusting when other teams supporters can’t observe a minutes silence or resort to singing about people needing to use food banks all in the name of “banter”.

Sing about Gerrard slipping all you want, sing about things we haven’t won or moments in our history (on the pitch) all you want but disrespecting the dead is low and you quite clearly are just pond life "

The food bank thing and the feed the scousers chants have always baffled me. It’s disgusting thing to chat about anyway but especially when one of their own players has been so vocal about trying to prevent child poverty and how it impacted his childhood.

Tin town

Out of interest... As I have no idea... But the crowds at women's football are increasing and now sometimes sell out. Does the same boorish, disrespectful behaviour happen with crowds at women's football?

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Football, like all team based competitive sports, is at its extreme the most toxic tribal bullshit of them all. It being the most popular and has fans far and wide in all walks of life accomplishes this. The tribal nature of it turns things hostile quite quickly - especially among those they get fuelled up on multiple substances before watching a match.

It is embarrassing to see people act in such a way, regardless of the team they support. I know of somebody who will remain calm to all insults thrown about him and those he knows, but you say a bad thing about his team (Everton)... The man has done jail time for his reactions.

Moments such as this bring out the worst of the worst in the name of trying to stick it to the other team. And no fan base is above doing such things, and always there to attempt to take the morale high ground when it's an attempt against their team/moments.

I not sure if I agree or not with replacing it with applause, because there is no calling out their behaviour. Trying to drown them out in the noise is just sweeping it under the rug like it's not happening.

I guess maybe, if they are unable to be heard their attempt at what they think is "banter" falls flat, but that's not really combating their attitude to begin with.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Some Utd fans never change.

Lfc fans applauded CR7 in the 7th min. Would they have done the same for a lfc player at old trafford..I think not.

"

Yes of course they would. These people aren’t proper football fans they’re scum. Don’t pretend this doesn’t happen with any team’s crowd!

Manchester (she/her)

"Football, like all team based competitive sports, is at its extreme the most toxic tribal bullshit of them all. It being the most popular and has fans far and wide in all walks of life accomplishes this. The tribal nature of it turns things hostile quite quickly - especially among those they get fuelled up on multiple substances before watching a match.

"

This is exactly it. In the UK it's football, in other countries the tribalism emerges in other sports.

"

I’ve (Mickey) have retweeted one such video today of Man Utd fans singing “the sun was right, you’re murderers”. They must all be deaf and didn't hear those same supporters chanting “You’ll Never Walk Alone” for one of their own players

Sadly these morons will never change but it’s time they started educating the younger generation in the hopes in years to come this kind of behaviour is eradicated. I’m all for the Hillsborough tragedy being taught in schools but I’d like them to include other issues related to sporting events as well and kids being taught how hurtful these kinds of behaviours can be!

Yes of course they would. These people aren’t proper football fans they’re scum. Don’t pretend this doesn’t happen with any team’s crowd! "

This wasn’t a minority of fans. This was the majority of the away end joining in last night.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

What happened at Hillsborough?

darlington

"What happened at Hillsborough?"
97 innocent people died and the establishment blamed them for 30 years that’s what happened

By *dventurous biMan  over a year ago

tesside

I’ve (Mickey) have retweeted one such video today of Man Utd fans singing “the sun was right, you’re murderers”. They must all be deaf and didn't hear those same supporters chanting “You’ll Never Walk Alone” for one of their own players

Sadly these morons will never change but it’s time they started educating the younger generation in the hopes in years to come this kind of behaviour is eradicated. I’m all for the Hillsborough tragedy being taught in schools but I’d like them to include other issues related to sporting events as well and kids being taught how hurtful these kinds of behaviours can be!"

How about the Heysel tragedy, should they teach that in school too?

darlington

[Removed by poster at 20/04/22 19:35:28]

darlington

Sadly these morons will never change but it’s time they started educating the younger generation in the hopes in years to come this kind of behaviour is eradicated. I’m all for the Hillsborough tragedy being taught in schools but I’d like them to include other issues related to sporting events as well and kids being taught how hurtful these kinds of behaviours can be!

How about the Heysel tragedy, should they teach that in school too? "

yes they should it could of been avoided has they held it in a ground that wasn’t in disrepair

Anyone with an allegiance to any club abusing a disaster isn’t a football fan just a mindless idiot. They just use football as an excuse for their behaviour and need banning from all football grounds. Loved the tribute to Ronaldo at last nights match from both sets of fans. That’s how it should be.

How about the Heysel tragedy, should they teach that in school too? "

Yes, definitely they should because kids need to be taught how their actions can have horrendous consequences! Sorry, did I not take the bait

Finally, it’s going to take the main stream media to highlight this for any change to occur

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169805

» Add a new message to this topic