FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would you report your neighbours?

Would you report your neighbours?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

New app allows you to video people speeding on the road and upload video on the app. Will it deter speeders or create more tension? They cannot be prosecuted from the videos..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

If the videos can't be used for prosecution, what's the difference between the app and uploading it to, say, Facebook?

LvM

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

What's the point in doing that? We won't be doing it, well we don't have neighbours for starters

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This app sounds like Snapchat.

Absolutely pointless.

With less dog ears.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No by the time I'd got my phone out to video them they would have sped off, and me frustrated chasing after them isn't going to change anything...

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Bit pointless.

If they are regularly speeding then they will get their comeuppance soon enough, with all the speed cameras about these days

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

No, I don't understand all the excessive surveillance stuff. I am shocked to see how many people have got those cameras stuck on their cars they bought from lidl, aldi or wherever else. I can ocassionally have a Mr Meldrew moment but generally like a simple life.

By *atfuckerbristolMan  over a year ago

Wells

We live at the end of a street with a large wall, if the neighbours are speeding when they pass us, reporting them won’t be necessary!

Lincoln

"No, I don't understand all the excessive surveillance stuff. I am shocked to see how many people have got those cameras stuck on their cars they bought from lidl, aldi or wherever else. I can ocassionally have a Mr Meldrew moment but generally like a simple life. "

The cameras are a good idea in case there's an accident so blame can be objectively determined, rather than having a "I said/ they said" situation.

LvM

I once filmed someone driving dangerously when I was a passenger in a car. It couldn't be used for prosecution but the police did add extra surveillance. Hopefully it might have gone towards preventing an accident happening in the future.

Theres already too many cameras around

"Theres already too many cameras around "

I knew you’d find the one in the eye of the teddy!

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"No, I don't understand all the excessive surveillance stuff. I am shocked to see how many people have got those cameras stuck on their cars they bought from lidl, aldi or wherever else. I can ocassionally have a Mr Meldrew moment but generally like a simple life.

The cameras are a good idea in case there's an accident so blame can be objectively determined, rather than having a "I said/ they said" situation.

LvM"

I do understand their purpose and that some people will think them a good idea as you mentioned and that's fair enough, just not for me. I rather we all took pics of all the nasty potholes and upload them, hoping the council will take notice and fix them. On a privacy matter, it always surprises me that these cameras don't contravene some sort of law to be honest.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

Its actually illegal to even have your phone in your hands whilst driving even if your not using it ..6 points £200 fine .

Youd need a dash cam .

Personally id never report anyone.

What goes round comes round.

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

No. I wouldn’t even bother downloading it.

Although there is a few village busy bodies around here so I bet they already have it.

Lincoln

"No, I don't understand all the excessive surveillance stuff. I am shocked to see how many people have got those cameras stuck on their cars they bought from lidl, aldi or wherever else. I can ocassionally have a Mr Meldrew moment but generally like a simple life.

LvM

I do understand their purpose and that some people will think them a good idea as you mentioned and that's fair enough, just not for me. I rather we all took pics of all the nasty potholes and upload them, hoping the council will take notice and fix them. On a privacy matter, it always surprises me that these cameras don't contravene some sort of law to be honest. "

Somewhat weirdly, I'm under the impression that it's perfectly legal to film anyone in a public space without needing consent.

On the potholes: I do enjoy the creative ways people get potholes filled. A woman planted flowers in the potholes around her, and a graffiti artist known as "Wanksy" spray painted comedy cocks around the ones near them

LvM

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Snitches get stitches

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

The East German's used to call it the stasi

How can the app determine if someone speeding or not

Is it going to do in depth analysis off point A on the road to point B on the road and determine the feet per second

ssc fake speed record During world lockdown in 2021 should show just how hard it is to determine if a car is going a serton speed

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Our village FB group just thrives on this! There’s an action group of hi vis wearing twits with a camera. It’s absolutely pointless given nothing can be done with the evidence.

I think most people drive past & salute the poor sods !

Ha you assumed my neighbours can drive. Can’t even keep the baby daddy around

I don't have that kind of time.

Easier to just let their tyres down.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Can we have an app like that for people that throw litter out of a car window please.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I regularly drive through a village where there are three men in high viz jackets pointing a speed thing at people. They usually write your number plate down regardless of whether you're speeding or not (I know this because I'm not). One day if I'm feeling particularly annoyed I'm going to stop my car, get out and ask why three grown men are recording the details of a lone woman's car when she's simply driving along minding her own business, within the speed limit. Then I'll ask them to give me their registration numbers. We all know I probably won't do it but how on earth have we ended up at a place where neighbours are spying on each other

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Usually it's not your neighbours, but some total cockwombles that burn up your streets.

Videoing them is unfortunately not likely to benefit anyone in this situation

I also don't want the local councils installing more speed humps either

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It expects users to pay for the app to use full functionality, including reporting. So no, it's not going to go very far.

Seems like an early beta version that developers want to milk users for cash, getting lots of free publicity

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I wouldn't use it. I pay attention to my own driving safety

By *omino51Man  over a year ago

loughborough

Shag her yes, report her.... get a life.

By *omino51Man  over a year ago

loughborough

[Removed by poster at 14/04/22 10:11:47]

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I regularly drive through a village where there are three men in high viz jackets pointing a speed thing at people. They usually write your number plate down regardless of whether you're speeding or not (I know this because I'm not). One day if I'm feeling particularly annoyed I'm going to stop my car, get out and ask why three grown men are recording the details of a lone woman's car when she's simply driving along minding her own business, within the speed limit. Then I'll ask them to give me their registration numbers. We all know I probably won't do it but how on earth have we ended up at a place where neighbours are spying on each other "

Do it! Ask them if there isn't something more important they need to be doing, like spotting trains or ing their marrow patch.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I regularly drive through a village where there are three men in high viz jackets pointing a speed thing at people. They usually write your number plate down regardless of whether you're speeding or not (I know this because I'm not). One day if I'm feeling particularly annoyed I'm going to stop my car, get out and ask why three grown men are recording the details of a lone woman's car when she's simply driving along minding her own business, within the speed limit. Then I'll ask them to give me their registration numbers. We all know I probably won't do it but how on earth have we ended up at a place where neighbours are spying on each other

Do it! Ask them if there isn't something more important they need to be doing, like spotting trains or ing their marrow patch."

I'm tempted .

I know that my registration number should in theory be of no use to them but...

» Add a new message to this topic