FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What’s in your pockets that’s important?

What’s in your pockets that’s important?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So when I was younger I read this thing by Perkins Gilman ‘if I were a man’ I think. Anyway my mind has gone back to it after talking to my partner about a pair of tracksuit bottoms she has that don’t have pockets! She jokingly said ‘it’s because women don’t have important things to carry’

Women, what other little things in the world are not designed with women as equals in mind? Or what small annoyances do men mostly not know about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Trying to align my hair-wash cycle with any plans I might have.

"Trying to align my hair-wash cycle with any plans I might have. "

Yeah, can associate with this one.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Seat belts are not designed for people with breasts.

High shelves are too high in shops (women tend to be shorter)

There's never enough women's toilets

I'm sure I'll think of more

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Seat belts are not designed for people with breasts.

High shelves are too high in shops (women tend to be shorter)

There's never enough women's toilets

I'm sure I'll think of more "

Yep, in fact the whole car is designed around men and the seats are therefore never that comfy. (On a more depressing note it also makes us more likely to die in car crashes )

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Found the essay online- it’s only 4 pages.

This is the bit I remembered. When, on becoming a man, she discovers pockets. ‘These pockets came as a revelation. Of course she had known they were there, had counted them, made fun of them, mended them, even envied them; but she never had dreamed of how it felt to have pockets.’

And on the points above by Rickshawed and Lacey, maybe this is similar?

She talks of ‘a new and delightful feeling of being the right size.’ Not she’s a man. ‘Everything fitted now. Her back snugly against the seat-back, her feet comfortably on the floor’

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Nowadays, I'm more concerned about how things are designed around or adapted for people with disabilities. I still have the same issues with seatbelts and suchlike, but issues with parking and access are far more prominent now.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Weights machines are not made for people with shorter legs. It's often between annoying and dangerous

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Jackets with inside pockets! My daughter been looking all over for one as she is going to Rome for a week on Saturday and wanted a light jacket with a pocket inside to keep stuff safe! I have sewn some inside a jacket today with zips for extra security x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Jackets with inside pockets! My daughter been looking all over for one as she is going to Rome for a week on Saturday and wanted a light jacket with a pocket inside to keep stuff safe! I have sewn some inside a jacket today with zips for extra security x"

You can get some really good body bags (like bum bags) that are waterproof and fit under your clothes.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Ugh pockets thing is just infuriating.

I started buying men's trousers a good while ago for that reason alone.

Women's clothes sizes are a nightmare too.

No consistency whatsoever.

Women's razors - why so bloody thick and huge with all the unnecessary gel things that fall off after one use anyway?

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

The utter delight when you find a dress or skirt you really like, and it has pockets! You feel the need to mention them to anyone who compliments you on that item of clothing. And whats with the fake pockets in womens trousers???? More pockets please! X

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Women's clothes sizes are a nightmare too.

No consistency whatsoever.

"

I'm so with you on that. If a man needs trousers you measure his waist, his height and you can go find trousers that will more than likely fit. A woman has to think, well I'm a 10 in M&S but an 8 in Next, and sometimes a 12 in Matalan. Sometimes I'm a short leg, sometimes normal. If they just put the fricking actual measurements you wouldn't have to take so many bloody clothes to the changing room!

Plus why are there bows on things? I don't need a bow on my knickers. I'm not 5. Do men get additional bits of fabric, or are their clothes more practical for some reason? Grr

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman  over a year ago

Markfield

Bras

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Jackets with inside pockets! My daughter been looking all over for one as she is going to Rome for a week on Saturday and wanted a light jacket with a pocket inside to keep stuff safe! I have sewn some inside a jacket today with zips for extra security x

You can get some really good body bags (like bum bags) that are waterproof and fit under your clothes. "

Yeah I offered her my bum bag she didn't want that x

Having to plan sessions around ladies times, men don't know the struggle.

A hole so i can scratch and vent my nuts when funk arrives

» Add a new message to this topic