FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It’s only a horse

It’s only a horse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It’s ok everyone, calm yourselves down - Apparently it was only 2 dead horses at this years Grand National Festival. So that’s ok then? Winning. 5 at the Cheltenham Festival too. And it’s the same every year.

It’s the Football World Cup next year - I wonder how many players would need to die before anyone cared?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"It’s ok everyone, calm yourselves down - Apparently it was only 2 dead horses at this years Grand National Festival. So that’s ok then? Winning. 5 at the Cheltenham Festival too. And it’s the same every year.

It’s the Football World Cup next year - I wonder how many players would need to die before anyone cared?

"

If it’s numbers then complain to kfc. Good knows how many chickens they get through.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It’s ok everyone, calm yourselves down - Apparently it was only 2 dead horses at this years Grand National Festival. So that’s ok then? Winning. 5 at the Cheltenham Festival too. And it’s the same every year.

If it’s numbers then complain to kfc. Good knows how many chickens they get through."

We don't kill chickens and bet on the outcome for 'sport' though

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If it’s numbers then complain to kfc. Good knows how many chickens they get through.

We don't kill chickens and bet on the outcome for 'sport' though"

Cock fighters do

Cock fighters do "

I once had a fight with a cock. Not mine , I might add. It got rather messy.

Fareham

We deep fry them. I’m sure they wouldn’t like either way.

eating KFC is one hell of a gamble

We deep fry them. I’m sure they wouldn’t like either way."

I don’t fry them, or eat them.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

We don't kill chickens and bet on the outcome for 'sport' thougheating KFC is one hell of a gamble "

It's not the same as it once was, boneless stuff is ok though.

I remember when tesco was using horse meat in it's packs of meat without saying and it tastes lovely

We don't kill chickens and bet on the outcome for 'sport' thougheating KFC is one hell of a gamble

It's not the same as it once was, boneless stuff is ok though.

I remember when tesco was using horse meat in it's packs of meat without saying and it tastes lovely "

it was wasnt it just

Fareham

I don’t fry them, or eat them. "

Never had egg and chips?

We don't kill chickens and bet on the outcome for 'sport' thougheating KFC is one hell of a gamble "

Fair one

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

I,m with you, who cares. Off to the glue factory.

"

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

It’s the Football World Cup next year - I wonder how many players would need to die before anyone cared? "

I agree OP, though I know we're a minority.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Never had egg and chips?"

In this context the egg came first and did not become a chicken.

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

There's more horses die in a field than on a race track so a bit of context is required.

There's more people dying in Ukraine and died in Syria etc at the hands of the Russian Army but I'll bet you still used their oil and gas to heat your house and drive your car.

"There's more horses die in a field than on a race track so a bit of context is required.

There's more people dying in Ukraine and died in Syria etc at the hands of the Russian Army but I'll bet you still used their oil and gas to heat your house and drive your car. "

That’s a bit like saying “people die of cancer every year, so a bit of murdering is ok”.

Things die of natural causes every day, obviously.

Please tell me you don’t actually think that because “natural deaths” in animals exists, that it somehow makes it ok to knowingly put these animals at risk, being flogged in a race that kills 3-5 per horses year. Oh hang on, that’s exactly what you said. Get in the bin!

I don’t fry them, or eat them.

Never had egg and chips?"

your missing out there’s nothing like dipping your chips in a runny egg

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

"There's more horses die in a field than on a race track so a bit of context is required.

There's more people dying in Ukraine and died in Syria etc at the hands of the Russian Army but I'll bet you still used their oil and gas to heat your house and drive your car.

That’s a bit like saying “people die of cancer every year, so a bit of murdering is ok”.

Things die of natural causes every day, obviously.

Please tell me you don’t actually think that because “natural deaths” in animals exists, that it somehow makes it ok to knowingly put these animals at risk, being flogged in a race that kills 3-5 per horses year. Oh hang on, that’s exactly what you said. Get in the bin!

"

none of what you said makes any sense. Who said anything about natural causes? And more rubbish from you with the 3-5 every year. What anti site did you dig that from or is it just a guess because you should be in the bin for this blatantly untrue comment.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

" being flogged in a race that kills 3-5 per horses year.

"

I'm no fan of racing in the slightest but I'm also not a fan of disinformation.

There's been 4 fatalities in the Grand National in the last 10 years.

There have been others in races held at the same meetings but there have been improvements to horse safety in recent years to reduce the risk to horses (and of course riders).

As for flogged - racing bats (the whips they use) are flat and foam padded, can only be used 8 times during a race and cause no physical injury unless used excessively (at which point riders are fined/suspended/banned). The same style is now used in other equestrian sport - it's not flogging by any stretch of the imagination.

Whilst I disagree with the principle of horses being ridden at young ages as racing thoroughbreds are, racehorses are some of the best kept animals in the world and want for nothing. What happens when they retire varies of course from becoming field ornaments, to breeding, to leisure animals, to being retrained in other disciplines.

I've seen more animal abuse at crufts and in the dog world than I have in the horse world. With the possible exception of some parts of the USA.

A

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

You know horses die don't you? Being ridden or not, horses will die or be put down every day in the UK.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"

Sad but very true! Tbh I would care less about the footballers! X

Sad but very true! Tbh I would care less about the footballers! X"

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It’s the Football World Cup next year - I wonder how many players would need to die before anyone cared?

"

Not players.....but...https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

A

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

There have been others in races held at the same meetings but there have been improvements to horse safety in recent years to reduce the risk to horses (and of course riders).

As for flogged - racing bats (the whips they use) are flat and foam padded, can only be used 8 times during a race and cause no physical injury unless used excessively (at which point riders are fined/suspended/banned). The same style is now used in other equestrian sport - it's not flogging by any stretch of the imagination.

Whilst I disagree with the principle of horses being ridden at young ages as racing thoroughbreds are, racehorses are some of the best kept animals in the world and want for nothing. What happens when they retire varies of course from becoming field ornaments, to breeding, to leisure animals, to being retrained in other disciplines.

I've seen more animal abuse at crufts and in the dog world than I have in the horse world. With the possible exception of some parts of the USA.

A"

Well said, nothing worse than someone getting on their high horse about something.

I work with horses and the way they're spoilt you'd swear they were owend by the queen

By *ocktoplaywithMan  over a year ago

Derby

I’ve put a comment on FB about it, in support of the poor horses, and within seconds I’m getting loads of abuse.

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

A"

Well said

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

All sports involving animals should be banned

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

A"

Correction...At Aintree alone, 55 horses have died since 2000...'including 15 during the Grand National itself'..it's irrelevant whether Race Horses are kept in 5 star conditions..I don't believe any animal should suffer for humans to gain entertainment from..and that's all animals not just Horses. As for the use of the whip..if the Horse does not feel any sting or pain then why use them..and then penalize any jockey for the over use of the whip..so excessively used or not they do cause pain!! I don't agree with Crufts or the Kennel Club either that determines what a breed should and should not look like. Any human that participates in any type of sport does so of their own choice..sad when some of them die..that's the risk they decide to take them selves!!

liverpool

A

Correction...At Aintree alone, 55 horses have died since 2000...'including 15 during the Grand National itself'..it's irrelevant whether Race Horses are kept in 5 star conditions..I don't believe any animal should suffer for humans to gain entertainment from..and that's all animals not just Horses. As for the use of the whip..if the Horse does not feel any sting or pain then why use them..and then penalize any jockey for the over use of the whip..so excessively used or not they do cause pain!! I don't agree with Crufts or the Kennel Club either that determines what a breed should and should not look like. Any human that participates in any type of sport does so of their own choice..sad when some of them die..that's the risk they decide to take them selves!!"

Absolutely spot on. Couldn't agree more

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

" Any human that participates in any type of sport does so of their own choice..sad when some of them die..that's the risk they decide to take them selves!!"

Have you ever ridden a horse?

Trust me. If it doesn't want to jump, gallop, trot or even walk - it won't. Try and force one to do something it doean't want to, is scared of or it's not capable of and it'll soon let you know and you'll be on the deck.

There is more mistreatment, cruelty and neglect of animals in the domestic pet world, including horses, than you will ever find in equestrian sport.

A

lancashire

"I’ve put a comment on FB about it, in support of the poor horses, and within seconds I’m getting loads of abuse. "

Probably all involved in a sweep stake for today's race.. Tell them all to look on a site that names every horse killed on the race track every day and every year..I'm not allowed to name the site but it's easy to find via a search.

liverpool

"I’ve put a comment on FB about it, in support of the poor horses, and within seconds I’m getting loads of abuse.

Probably all involved in a sweep stake for today's race.. Tell them all to look on a site that names every horse killed on the race track every day and every year..I'm not allowed to name the site but it's easy to find via a search."

Yup the cruelty is sickening

Norfolk/Suffolk

"All sports involving animals should be banned"

And if you go that far then pets should be outlawed too as they die as well

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

" Any human that participates in any type of sport does so of their own choice..sad when some of them die..that's the risk they decide to take them selves!!

Trust me. If it doesn't want to jump, gallop, trot or even walk - it won't. Try and force one to do something it doean't want to, is scared of or it's not capable of and it'll soon let you know and you'll be on the deck.

There is more mistreatment, cruelty and neglect of animals in the domestic pet world, including horses, than you will ever find in equestrian sport.

A"

I used to have horses so agree with you absolutely x

lancashire

" Any human that participates in any type of sport does so of their own choice..sad when some of them die..that's the risk they decide to take them selves!!

A"

Yes I do ride Horses and have done since the age of 8..I know exactly how a Horses mind works..and how to read a Horses body language. Humans get enjoyment from watching animals of all types used and abused all over the world, some of it is accepted as enjoyable sport. I don't and would never disagree that there are mistreated animals of all breeds and sizes kept for pets or kept to gain money from..it's all wrong..totally cruel and wrong.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

There have been footballers who have died playing sports though. Same as with most other sports, it happens.

Athletes (humans and animals) are pushed to their limits, whether they are in national competitions on TV or not.

ashford

"There have been footballers who have died playing sports though. Same as with most other sports, it happens.

Athletes (humans and animals) are pushed to their limits, whether they are in national competitions on TV or not. "

That's sad but fine with me concerning the humans! But not the animals! X

liverpool

How can people not see the difference between humand and animal sports?

Humans can consent to being tortured animals can not and do not have a choice.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

There's more people dying in Ukraine and died in Syria etc at the hands of the Russian Army but I'll bet you still used their oil and gas to heat your house and drive your car. "

Doubtful actually, majority of our gas is from North Sea or Norway with some LNG from the Middle East, and haven’t had any Russian crude oil go through a U.K. refinery since 2 days after the invasion

ashford

"I’ve put a comment on FB about it, in support of the poor horses, and within seconds I’m getting loads of abuse. "

Ohh God yes! I've had the ignoramus over on f book! Plus keep getting those racing adds pop up on my page! Have to keep blocking them x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"How can people not see the difference between humand and animal sports?

Humans can consent to being tortured animals can not and do not have a choice. "

Clearly never been thrown by a horse that doesn't want to do something lol

"

It's the Football World cup this year 2022.

Plenty of morons on here unfortunately

A

Correction...At Aintree alone, 55 horses have died since 2000...'including 15 during the Grand National itself'..it's irrelevant whether Race Horses are kept in 5 star conditions..I don't believe any animal should suffer for humans to gain entertainment from..and that's all animals not just Horses. As for the use of the whip..if the Horse does not feel any sting or pain then why use them..and then penalize any jockey for the over use of the whip..so excessively used or not they do cause pain!! I don't agree with Crufts or the Kennel Club either that determines what a breed should and should not look like. Any human that participates in any type of sport does so of their own choice..sad when some of them die..that's the risk they decide to take them selves!!"

Fareham

Sad but very true! Tbh I would care less about the footballers! X"

Sad

I hope everyone offended does their bit for these animals every month of the year. There's a trend of what to be offended over these days but rarely people practice what they preach.

Norfolk/Suffolk

[Removed by poster at 10/04/22 07:28:08]

Norfolk/Suffolk

"I’ve put a comment on FB about it, in support of the poor horses, and within seconds I’m getting loads of abuse.

Plenty of morons on here unfortunately"

You couldn't be more right if you tried

"I hope everyone offended does their bit for these animals every month of the year. There's a trend of what to be offended over these days but rarely people practice what they preach."

Yep especially if there's money involved

I saw one race where one of the horses broke its leg jumping a fence and was subsequently put to sleep.

It's awful way to treat animals in the name of entertainment

A"

They get whipped. If someone was whipping me I'd probably do a hell of a lot of stuff I didn't want to do.

"I hope everyone offended does their bit for these animals every month of the year. There's a trend of what to be offended over these days but rarely people practice what they preach."

I'm not offended by it. I simply feel its cruel and it'd OK to feel that.

Rollin rollin rollin gee my ass is swolen

ashford

Not at all offended! Just dislike animal cruelty with a passion! X

southampton

What are my choices on using other oil, gas and diesel. Can you steer me to how I can ensure it comes from other sources please as I,ll try and do so.

I,m waiting?

southampton

Oh dear, shame.

"I hope everyone offended does their bit for these animals every month of the year. There's a trend of what to be offended over these days but rarely people practice what they preach.

Not at all offended! Just dislike animal cruelty with a passion! X"

it’s a cruel world when people are involved , but so beautiful when they don’t

I had no idea that horses died until I saw it here.

It's awful, but surely that number pales into insignificance compared to the abuse of domestic animals.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

A

In April 2022 a man said "There's been 4 fatalities in the Grand National in the last 10 years"

Also in April 2022, another poster wrote "Correction...At Aintree alone, 55 horses have died since 2000, including 15 during the Grand National itself"

Precis, one poster quotes 10 year stats in one event, while another "corrects" him by quoting 22 year stats over multiple events.

Always tickles me, that kind of thing.

Winston

By *osie xWoman  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Not sure of the facts and figures but I can only give my view.

I went to a horse racing event once (work thing) and during one of the races a horse died. Never been to another, it always sticks in my mind when racing is mentioned.

By *uriouscayotesCouple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Every year without fail at this time of the year we see outrage at the national. Cheltenham is arguably a bigger festival but everybody focuses on the national. I hate watching the horses jump the national fences praying they all get over safe. The fences do seem smaller though than in the past . It won’t stop though. There’s far too much money in horse racing. Make a donation to a horse charity.

ashford

"I had no idea that horses died until I saw it here.

It's awful, but surely that number pales into insignificance compared to the abuse of domestic animals. "

All animal cruelty and abuse is wrong of course! But no the horses that suffer will never imo pale into insignificance! X

"I had no idea that horses died until I saw it here.

It's awful, but surely that number pales into insignificance compared to the abuse of domestic animals.

All animal cruelty and abuse is wrong of course! But no the horses that suffer will never imo pale into insignificance! X"

I do agree Candy. Animal cruelty makes me sick

» Add a new message to this topic