FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What was ruined because to many people started doing it

What was ruined because to many people started doing it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sex with my ex.

By *irBummyFingerMan  over a year ago

Carmarthen

"Sex with my ex. "

Shhhh lol

By *irBummyFingerMan  over a year ago

Carmarthen

Going to the beach

Taking the quiet route

Collecting Ladybird books.

(Yes really )

Being woke.

Swinging

Dogging

"Swinging "

No swingers on this site. They’re dying out

Driving

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Going abroad.

Plenty of places that were once beautiful, unique destinations are now mass market tourist traps.

A

By *zoreanMan  over a year ago

Witney

Your mom...

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Swinging "

I think the more the merrier !

"Going abroad.

Plenty of places that were once beautiful, unique destinations are now mass market tourist traps.

A"

Social media did this. I agree it's a shame

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Springs within the mattress

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Going abroad.

A

Social media did this. I agree it's a shame"

Happened long before that.

Cheap air travel and higher disposable income in the 80's was largely to blame. As soon as it became cheaper to go abroad than stay home things went downhill.

Social media just fucked things up even more.

A

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Christmas markets.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Everything

Drinking gin

"Swinging

No swingers on this site. They’re dying out "

At least not 'real ones'.

Apparently

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Hiking,

Social media has made it so people want to arrive at the peak at the quickest possible rate, take a picture and that's it.

Rocky Horror Picture Show

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Hiking,

Social media has made it so people want to arrive at the peak at the quickest possible rate, take a picture and that's it.

"

Yep, for me visiting many spots in the Peak District. Some spots now cars parked all over the place. So many people you start to get bottle necks and people jams. The fast degradation of the environment like multiple new muddy paths appearing and widening everywhere across green fields. Current paths and stone formation wearing out fast. Rubbish and dog poop bags left lying around.

I'm think this is a lot to do with the Internet. In the past these beautiful places you kind of had to know about to know. They were all places I was shown as a youth by people who were in the know. Maybe could be found in a guide book at the library or book shop. But now you just Google top places to see, top walk etc in the Peak District and these places are on numerous websites. So huge volumes of people pop it in their satnav a go. Like you said to park the car as near as possible and pop up to take a selfy.

It's a bind for me because I want everyone to see and enjoy these beautiful places. But when everyone does they quickly become spoilt in terms of my personal enjoyment (I like to get away from volumes of people and city folk) and physically damage and destroyed.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Breeding dogs

A

"Hiking,

"

I'm one of those who likes to get to the top quickly. Though my phone is usually either at home or left in the car so I'm letting myself off.

Cyclist!

La la land

"Hiking,

Yep, for me visiting many spots in the Peak District. Some spots now cars parked all over the place. So many people you start to get bottle necks and people jams. The fast degradation of the environment like multiple new muddy paths appearing and widening everywhere across green fields. Current paths and stone formation wearing out fast. Rubbish and dog poop bags left lying around.

I'm think this is a lot to do with the Internet. In the past these beautiful places you kind of had to know about to know. They were all places I was shown as a youth by people who were in the know. Maybe could be found in a guide book at the library or book shop. But now you just Google top places to see, top walk etc in the Peak District and these places are on numerous websites. So huge volumes of people pop it in their satnav a go. Like you said to park the car as near as possible and pop up to take a selfy.

It's a bind for me because I want everyone to see and enjoy these beautiful places. But when everyone does they quickly become spoilt in terms of my personal enjoyment (I like to get away from volumes of people and city folk) and physically damage and destroyed."

I am possibly a bit selfish to be honest. Luckily most of Wales is under the radar. I can walk up a mountain behind my house and see two neolithic cairns that align with the sunset. But it's not common knowledge on the internet so it's all good.

But I do think there is a different mindset to ramblers and hikers to the selfie collectors.

La la land

"Hiking,

I'm one of those who likes to get to the top quickly. Though my phone is usually either at home or left in the car so I'm letting myself off."

That's fair enough, I do hope you take in some of the views though

Coventry

"Hiking,

It's a bind for me because I want everyone to see and enjoy these beautiful places. But when everyone does they quickly become spoilt in terms of my personal enjoyment (I like to get away from volumes of people and city folk) and physically damage and destroyed.

I am possibly a bit selfish to be honest. Luckily most of Wales is under the radar. I can walk up a mountain behind my house and see two neolithic cairns that align with the sunset. But it's not common knowledge on the internet so it's all good.

But I do think there is a different mindset to ramblers and hikers to the selfie collectors. "

Sounds lush. Let's hope it stays off the radar.

Surfing (the sea)

Sky Diving

both are far too popular compared to the sports in the 1980's, far too over crowded.

Also Tattoo's

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

"Dogging"

Have to agree

"Hiking,

I'm one of those who likes to get to the top quickly. Though my phone is usually either at home or left in the car so I'm letting myself off.

That's fair enough, I do hope you take in some of the views though "

Yes at the top and the way down. Just getting up there tends to have to be done quickly.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

"Hiking,

"

What, no eating and sex before going back?

"Surfing (the sea)

Sky Diving

both are far too popular compared to the sports in the 1980's, far too over crowded. "

Point break has a lot to answer for

La la land

"Hiking,

What, no eating and sex before going back? "

I tend to take a packed lunch when I go hiking and I'm not going to comment if I do alfresco sex

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Fab

RTAL

Diabetes, Covid, HIV, breathing, the internet, Fab, privacy and our favourite hobby of fungostaking.

Bham

Beards.

"Fab

RTAL"

Settled on RTAL then??

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Fab

RTAL

Settled on RTAL then??"

Thought I'd take it for a test drive

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

West Midlands

Catching covid . If only 3 or 4 people had done it.......imagine !

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Hiking,

It's a bind for me because I want everyone to see and enjoy these beautiful places. But when everyone does they quickly become spoilt in terms of my personal enjoyment (I like to get away from volumes of people and city folk) and physically damage and destroyed."

Agree with a lot of this though find your need to single out "city folk" quite distasteful. As with any such grouping you appear to have mistaken a correlation (lots of city dwellers now visiting rural locations once only known to locals) with causation (living in a city makes you a selfie taking, dog poo littering, path eroding cunt).

To be clear, city folk are the exact same mix of kind, considerate, selfish, fun, arrogant, pleasant, thoughtful, arseholes as everyone else.

I much prefer wild and remote places with no other people around but try to remind myself that I am spoiling the view the exact same way for everyone else as they are for me. Its a bit like moaning about the traffic jam you are a part of.

I also am one of those that likes to get to the peak as quickly as possible though I tend to also try and make the journey there as hard as possible too and requiring the maximum amount of skill and fitness to achieve so obviously that also makes me a more worthy person to enjoy the view

Mr

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

"Hiking,

What, no eating and sex before going back?

I tend to take a packed lunch when I go hiking and I'm not going to comment if I do alfresco sex "

We better go hiking

Skinny dipping

"Skinny dipping"

There’s on,y a couple of us in my pool lol

Foraging

Driving

NBVN x

By *lappyMan  over a year ago

Manchester

my ex

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 09/04/22 20:52:15]

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Triathlon.

Back when I did my first races in the early 90,s you could rock up at a race on on a Sunday morning before the race pay a fiver entry fee and race.

Nowadays your lucky if you can get a slot a year in advance for around £80 if you can find a race that cheap.

And don't get me started on running races and sportives.

Oh yeah and breakdancing.

Once upon a time it was limited to a few people learning move's by word of mouth practicing on the streets.

Suddenly it's all over and fucking boy bands are doing it.

I guess you could also say Punk suffered a similar fate.

La la land

"Hiking,

Agree with a lot of this though find your need to single out "city folk" quite distasteful. As with any such grouping you appear to have mistaken a correlation (lots of city dwellers now visiting rural locations once only known to locals) with causation (living in a city makes you a selfie taking, dog poo littering, path eroding cunt).

To be clear, city folk are the exact same mix of kind, considerate, selfish, fun, arrogant, pleasant, thoughtful, arseholes as everyone else.

I much prefer wild and remote places with no other people around but try to remind myself that I am spoiling the view the exact same way for everyone else as they are for me. Its a bit like moaning about the traffic jam you are a part of.

I also am one of those that likes to get to the peak as quickly as possible though I tend to also try and make the journey there as hard as possible too and requiring the maximum amount of skill and fitness to achieve so obviously that also makes me a more worthy person to enjoy the view

Mr"

Waaa, though I doubt you climb pen y fan and post your selfie on social media as if you just climbed Everest

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"Swinging

No swingers on this site. They’re dying out "

Nah! they all move to Tinder as this place is full of people looking for a partner or FWB

Coventry

"Hiking,

Mr"

To be fair I wasn't happy with the term city folk either but it was for want of a better term. However I kind of took it as a given that people wouldn't take literally that I ment all city people? I grew up on a city council estate and live in a city. So naturally I know not every from a city has these attitudes but I also from experience know a lot of people in city's do. Mainly due to the culture and environment they are exposed to in my experience. I was just trying to simply articulate a type of people of a certain culture, attitude and lack of understanding. I think most people know its more nuanced than that and people outside city's can also have bad attitudes and behaviours.

I must admit the same gratification from the more arduous path less walked. But I don't see anything wrong in that smugness because it's well deserved

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Procreation.

Bham

Skater shoes, vans.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Going to university

A

By *atin savantTV/TS  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Breathing.

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Driving.

By *ewey613Man  over a year ago

ottawa

My ex wife’s arse.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"My ex wife’s arse.

"

Oh I don't know....it seemed alright to me.

A

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Surely people complaining about tourists and beauty sports being ruined by too many people are part of the problem?

"Surely people complaining about tourists and beauty sports being ruined by too many people are part of the problem? "

Yes it's just a pet peeve of mine to see people spend all their time at said tourist spot and see it all through their phone. In my view they haven't seen it and just interested in the pics for social media.

Of course each to their own but really they should stay at home and give me more space.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Sex in the bushes or in the fields, Too many dogging fans looking for couples or others disapeering into them.

By *oah VailMan  over a year ago

Dover

Driving a diesel car.

Back in the 80s barely anyone other than taxi drivers had Diesel engines in their cars, it was the fuel of lorries, vans, farmers and a few eccentrics. Half the cost of petrol with better economy, albeit less power.

Then, sometime in the mid 90s, as performance improved, and the major manufacturers all started offering factory versions with Diesel engines, the price of the fuel started it’s inexorable climb.

Selling underwear.

FinDom.

By *rmainman10Man  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Google maps... Because everyone is on the same route... Back to being in the traffic jam

By *nselfishpleaserMan  over a year ago

kent

Planet Earth

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Hiking,

But I do think there is a different mindset to ramblers and hikers to the selfie collectors.

Sounds lush. Let's hope it stays off the radar. "

give it time and the local rag will run a feature on its wild unspoiled beauty make it one of thier top ten must visit places and the general public will do the rest .allowing the self same local rag to run shock horror headlines that the local quiet beautyspot has been ruined by countless people parking littering setting fires etc .dont believe me just Google Manchester evening news and dovestone .

My hole! x x x

Any of the modern sports , there was a time when most people who were into them had their own time for them but due to population increases more and more seem to be doing them , cycling , running , Marathons , walking , hiking , any sport you care to name , Triathlons, even going to concerts , now most if not all the tickets are snapped up on the day of release whereas before you could still get a ticket the day of the show , people need to have things to do or places to go and they take up or do certain things and find they enjoy them hence the explosion of people doing stuff that before weren't.

"Sex with my ex. "

Sorry to hear that , he had a gem tbh but gave it away.

By *aymicCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Swinging

Apparently "

Definitely no real ones

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Yoga

Online shopping.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Benidorm

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Gangbangs on the bus in Stockport

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

The all inclusive that has ruined the standards in so many previously brilliant hotels. No issue with all inclusive if people enjoy it. It's those hotels that used to do just half board but now also do all inclusive that have dropped their standards in general in my opinion. They should be doing one or the other, not mixing the two and when asked why standards have dropped they quite openly admit is because of the all inclusive aspect.

"Swinging

Apparently

Definitely no real ones "

What is a real one?

"Gangbangs on the bus in Stockport "

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Armani jeans and stone island clothing

" "
Cornwall

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

NC500 and people camping anywhere they like on the route and leaving litter, blocking roads, etc.

Yorkshire

Can we please do another thread about dropping litter, lots say about it as I am sure many do. I was driving through town yesterday, someone opened their car window and just threw out a takeaway box. Really? What kind of person does that?

Swansea

"Hiking,

Mr

Waaa, though I doubt you climb pen y fan and post your selfie on social media as if you just climbed Everest "

There's some pretty knarly routes up Pen y Fan on the rare occasion we get decent winter conditions. Deffo a good ego massage when you swing your axe one last time and pull over the top of the NE face practically at the feet of people having their pics taken at the summit cairn and casually saunter off.

Swansea

"

To be fair I wasn't happy with the term city folk either but it was for want of a better term. However I kind of took it as a given that people wouldn't take literally that I ment all city people? I grew up on a city council estate and live in a city. So naturally I know not every from a city has these attitudes but I also from experience know a lot of people in city's do. Mainly due to the culture and environment they are exposed to in my experience. I was just trying to simply articulate a type of people of a certain culture, attitude and lack of understanding. I think most people know its more nuanced than that and people outside city's can also have bad attitudes and behaviours.

I must admit the same gratification from the more arduous path less walked. But I don't see anything wrong in that smugness because it's well deserved "

Maybe I'm being over sensitive but personally I don't think believing others will understand what is meant by stereotypes is a reliable assumption, particularly not when it's a widely used and quite unkind stereotype.

The problem is numbers. Population of Wales is roughly 3 million, population of (for example) London is nearly three times that at close to 9 million. The Peak Disrtict and Lake District have similar very low numbers but are surrounded by big cities so its easy to blame outsiders, to create a them and us mentality.

If you travel around South Wales you'll see that hot spots like waterfalls and Pen y Fan have their issue with litter/anti social behavior from outsiders. Meantime every bit of forestry and common land has the scars of dirt bikes, bits of litter, burnt out cars, abandoned campsites, fly tipped building rubbish etc etc - and that is all from locals. Drive across the hill tops of the Rhondda and the Eastern Valleys and you'll see scenery every bit as beautiful as places like the Peak District but the roads will be lined with litter and every few miles you'll find a layby or pull in with fly tipping. The perpetrators don't live in cities, they live in little villages, places next to no one has ever heard of.

The problem culture you talk of has absolutely no correlation with the area people live in, the problem is simply people, it only feels like it's a city problem because cities have more people.

Mr

By *ilfbonaMan  over a year ago

birmingham

My ex's fanny!

"Swinging

Apparently

Definitely no real ones

What is a real one?"

No idea. I am not sure anyone does!

I see it bandied around a lot ... my post was ironic!

La la land

"Hiking,

Mr

Waaa, though I doubt you climb pen y fan and post your selfie on social media as if you just climbed Everest

There's some pretty knarly routes up Pen y Fan on the rare occasion we get decent winter conditions. Deffo a good ego massage when you swing your axe one last time and pull over the top of the NE face practically at the feet of people having their pics taken at the summit cairn and casually saunter off. "

And I'm possibly going to heathen now, I don't actually like the view from the top of Pen y Fan

Driving.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"My ex's fanny!"

Does lots of sex ruin penises?

Swansea

"Hiking,

And I'm possibly going to heathen now, I don't actually like the view from the top of Pen y Fan "

No, it's not the best, the big flat top actually blocks a lot of the best bits. Looking back at PyF from Cribyn is much more dramatic - as is the approach from the Brecon side instead of the usual one.

Mr

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Wordle…. It was a great secret us originals had before it went mainstream! Now everyone does it….

So jumped off Wordle… now of heardle!! My more stimulating and satisfyingly annoying!!!

"Can we please do another thread about dropping litter, lots say about it as I am sure many do. I was driving through town yesterday, someone opened their car window and just threw out a takeaway box. Really? What kind of person does that? "

Were they wearing pyjamas in public?

Mountainbiking. Trails ruined by idiots building on private land where there was permission and an understanding and thr land owners understandibly fed up with the building.

Yorkshire

"Can we please do another thread about dropping litter, lots say about it as I am sure many do. I was driving through town yesterday, someone opened their car window and just threw out a takeaway box. Really? What kind of person does that?

Were they wearing pyjamas in public? "

Who knows? Either way it's disgraceful but sadly common. You can see them walking, finish eating something and just drop the empy box or wrapper even though 10 yards in front of them there is a bin. Ho figure.

Having the "Sydney University" or "Fabswingers (sometimes Facebook for some reason) is now a publicly traded company" bollocks at the bottom of your profile.

» Add a new message to this topic