FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The one that got away….

The one that got away….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Is there ever been been a situation where you have thought… damn… or has happened to the point of if situation has played out differently where you think “that could have been something!”

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I'd be surprised if anybody hadn't experienced this.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

No, I've never thought something or someone has slipped through my fingers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I remember it well, still hurts me to this day. This one time, I totally forgot I was cooking a pizza and killed it Man, that could have been something special

Oh yes, plenty of missed opportunities because I was too shy to take up the offer.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

Sadly yes, twice in 9 months. I’m talking about normal romantic situations. Both incredible woman.

That’s why I’m back here, trying to move on….

Newcastle and Gateshead

I had 2…. 1 was in the process of emigrating to Australia when I meant her, literally 4 weeks before she left!!!

Aylesbury

"No, I've never thought something or someone has slipped through my fingers. "

By *eckycreweslutTV/TS  over a year ago

crewe

Oh yes! Older woman when i was 18. She sat on her stairs showing me a mark on her leg right bye her knickers! And i bottled it! LOL

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

"Is there ever been been a situation where you have thought… damn… or has happened to the point of if situation has played out differently where you think “that could have been something!”"

Yes! Definitely one very beautiful person that I was very much in a relationship with. I ended the relationship because I didn’t feel able to tell her about the “Linda” side of me.

Big mistake.

Mind there have been a number of relationships that I walked away from and look back now and think what a very lucky escape I had!

Yep thats day today life thinking what could i have done how could i have fixed things but all iv realised that all i can do is be there not try change things not fight just be there altho i realised this far too late

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yes. I had a French boyfriend when young. He was over here for a year as a student. We stayed very much in touch when he returned and I went over to visit a few times. He then had to do his National service. He wanted me to move to France and I refused. We then drifted apart. There were no computers or mobiles then so all communication was done through letters and quick phone calls. We have been back in touch now for 10yrs as found each other on Facebook. He has often asked me to go over but i declined. Really wish I had took that plunge when younger though.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes but also no.

It is more of a What If? Than 'one that got a way' now. I used to feel like that, but things changed and it stopped being one that got away.

I'm happy now, so regret is not part of it but always that little bit of "I wonder" because things were good and I was happy then, just as I am now. It wasn't perfect, it was not always happy times but we tend to only associate the "one that got away" part with the good times only.

My point is, would I trade in my what is for what was? No, but the wonder of what if? Is there none the less, from time to time. Eventually even that fades when it is replaced by somebody or something else.

There is always one more "one that got away" until you find one that didn't get away... A bit of a creepy line that last part ...

Aylesbury

"Yes. I had a French boyfriend when young. He was over here for a year as a student. We stayed very much in touch when he returned and I went over to visit a few times. He then had to do his National service. He wanted me to move to France and I refused. We then drifted apart. There were no computers or mobiles then so all communication was done through letters and quick phone calls. We have been back in touch now for 10yrs as found each other on Facebook. He has often asked me to go over but i declined. Really wish I had took that plunge when younger though."

Doing your bit for the Auld Alliance were you?

By *haron StonerTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

She was blond, beautiful and a fantastic pocket rocket.

I was named in the divorce proceedings as the agrivator and her mother moved her away.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Not for me. I seize opportunities with both hands,the best one being my husband. My head was saying no as I hadn't long been out of a long relationship and I thought it was too soon but my heart was saying yes, grab that chance of being happy, so I followed my heart. That was over 18 years ago and we are still very much in love.

"Is there ever been been a situation where you have thought… damn… or has happened to the point of if situation has played out differently where you think “that could have been something!”"

All the time, but I try not to dwell on it for too long. Understand what I could have done differently, figure out if it was out of my control or not and then move on.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No. I can't say I've ever felt that way about people

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Sometimes. But that kind of thinking never leads to happiness.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Nope.

There's a couple where I wish they had got away though............

A

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes. All the time. It can be hours later when I can realise someone I liked was cracking onto me. I always assume that if I’m interested in them, there’s no way a rarified creature like that would be interested in me in return.

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Yes. All the time. It can be hours later when I can realise someone I liked was cracking onto me. I always assume that if I’m interested in them, there’s no way a rarified creature like that would be interested in me in return."

But in a deeper sense, yes. I’m very happy where I am and who I’m with (very, very happy!), but there is someone I wonder whether it could have come to anything if either of us had been even slightly honest with the other at any point.

Oh fabs, you’ve made my chest go all tight on a Friday afternoon

Of course and I've learnt lessons from it.. must make hand cuffs tighter in the future.

Yeah one ex, but then I wanted him to stay for love, not pity, that I might be dying lol

Oh yes op. Oh yes.

But that’s life, I often think how much worse is could have been also. Life is what happens when you have other plans.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Je ne regrette rien

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

If they got away it’s because I wanted them to. Sometimes you want something for the wrong reason so you have to listen to head and not your heart. What if’s just lead to self doubt and sadness.

"Je ne regrette rien"
our day will come

One person I think about a lot from fab. One from many years ago. Both times I liked them more than they liked me though so I don’t know what I could’ve done differently. I just wasn’t for them.

london

"One person I think about a lot from fab. One from many years ago. Both times I liked them more than they liked me though so I don’t know what I could’ve done differently. I just wasn’t for them. "

They couldn’t see your true worth mate. Don’t be blind to that also. Plenty more fishies

"One person I think about a lot from fab. One from many years ago. Both times I liked them more than they liked me though so I don’t know what I could’ve done differently. I just wasn’t for them.

They couldn’t see your true worth mate. Don’t be blind to that also. Plenty more fishies "

Oh you . Needed that

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Yes. All the time. It can be hours later when I can realise someone I liked was cracking onto me. I always assume that if I’m interested in them, there’s no way a rarified creature like that would be interested in me in return.

But in a deeper sense, yes. I’m very happy where I am and who I’m with (very, very happy!), but there is someone I wonder whether it could have come to anything if either of us had been even slightly honest with the other at any point.

Oh fabs, you’ve made my chest go all tight on a Friday afternoon "

I didn’t mean to… I was doing so introspective thinking, I was very much the party kid at university and she just floored me… I cried in the middle of a lecture when I knew her plane was taking off!!!!

Don’t get me wrong, everything that has happened in life shaped who I am and wouldn’t change much! ( not going to say nothing because I have learnt diplomacy in my old age where the mouth use to run wild when I was younger! )

It just got me to thinking…

london

"One person I think about a lot from fab. One from many years ago. Both times I liked them more than they liked me though so I don’t know what I could’ve done differently. I just wasn’t for them.

They couldn’t see your true worth mate. Don’t be blind to that also. Plenty more fishies

Oh you . Needed that"

Bro’s before fish…. (Fist bump emoji)

"If they got away it’s because I wanted them to. Sometimes you want something for the wrong reason so you have to listen to head and not your heart. What if’s just lead to self doubt and sadness. "

He got away and I didn't want him to go. I still miss him. Sometimes love goes wrong and there's not much you can do.

By *osey WalesMan  over a year ago

Surrey

Only one, "the one that got away" and in fairness, she did tell me to sort myself out otherwise one day i would feel like this.

She was right about that too !

» Add a new message to this topic