FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Age gaps..

Age gaps..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do females prefer a younger guy if they're over the age of 38? Well between 38 and 50 is it younger partners you're looking for?

Same with guys do you look for a younger female?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nselfishpleaserMan  over a year ago

kent

Not too bothered by age to be honest OP, for me it's mostly about the chemistry or spark you create by chatting to someone then taking it further

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I'm 66. Met women between 31 and 66. It's just a number.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Prefer older men here x

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

As a voyeur I have mainly watched couples around the same age but would love to watch an older gent with his younger lover or a lady with her toyboy , , with the elder being my age 60s with the youngster being late 20s , , ( hopefully one day)

"Prefer older men here x"
how much older

50+ x

"50+ x"
fair enough, I like mine older to, as some say... Milfs

Age is irrelevant. Could be twenty years between you. Who cares as long as you are consenting adults

"50+ x"

You are sooo hot

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Most here are younger than me! 50ish is my ideal age x

"Do females prefer a younger guy if they're over the age of 38? Well between 38 and 50 is it younger partners you're looking for?

Same with guys do you look for a younger female?"

If the " click " is there age is no barrier.

I personally prefer the mature gent

By *jekimMan  over a year ago

Wigan

Iv always had a massive thing for women,40s. 50s but always seems to be Im to far or young for them

Age is just a number really but I do prefer my own age or older really , although there are some very mature younger women on here , each to their own obviously though and if their good honest people, then that's the main thing for me

If we click the age doesn't bother me, in fact I don't think about it. That's why age filters are 18 to 99.

Id probably think twice if an 18yr old did contact me though, well anyone younger than 30, never happened, and unlikely it will, but not sure how id feel someone younger than my daughter.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

No never. I won't meet or even chat to anyone within 10 years of my kids which is why my lower age filter is currently at 40 and is set in stone.

just here for the jokes

I happened to be with someone 13 years old but it was never my intention tension to find someone significantly older. Having said that almost everyone I have been in a relationship at least 5 years older than me.

I’ve never met anyone more than a year or two older than me so far. I think the youngest I’ve met was erm 20 so I guess if I’ve a preference it’s younger, perhaps early - mid 30s. I would like to meet an older lady sometime though for sure…

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

It's just a preference that varies. Some just prefer people of a certain age. Some age doesn't matter. And for some it's very much to do with an significant age difference young and old fettish.

I would say the vast majority of people though generally just look for people within a few years of their age. Although generally not the under 25s when it comes to guys. Yet strangely very few people give a hoot how young a female is. Obviously that is just a generalisation based on observation.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Current fwb is late 40s and I’m 31

It’s happened not because I like older women, it happened because we got on like a house on fire

It’s odd, women for some reason don’t like it when guys want to use them like a wet hole purely because they’re old. Fussy creatures

I like people I get on with, physical attributes become way less important than personality. Anon NSA is what it is and has a lot to do with the circumstance. However who doesn't like a fit body and an experienced, uninhibited mind driving it

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

I tend to be more attracted to ladies my age or older. Just my preference really and besides, older ladies are absolutely stunning as well

" just here for the jokes"

Hello! Is it me you’re looking for…

I prefer older men..

But in reality it shouldn't matter... I would be very self conscious about my body if i met a younger man though, i think it would spoil the meet for me

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Prefer men not young enough to be my son or old enough to be my dad.

Erm, no idea.

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

Ive got my filters set to around my own age, but have recently gotten chatting to someone much younger than i would normally go for. I think it really depends on the person and how mature they are and what theyre looking for at that stage of their life. As long as thats a match and you get on really well its all good. I have been pleasantly surprised im glad to say. X

I've always preferred older guys and our age filters are set to reflect that. We have a 14 year age gap.

Px

Younger men who look after themselves are undeniably at peak physical beauty, but it's the shit going on between people's ears that really turns me on - or off.

Belfast

"It's just a preference that varies. Some just prefer people of a certain age. Some age doesn't matter. And for some it's very much to do with an significant age difference young and old fettish.

I would say the vast majority of people though generally just look for people within a few years of their age. Although generally not the under 25s when it comes to guys. Yet strangely very few people give a hoot how young a female is. Obviously that is just a generalisation based on observation."

I'm obviously one of the few then because I definitely give a hoot.

Always seem attracted to either slightly older or about 10yrs younger.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I prefer older guys and Paul prefers younger women and both happy with people around our own ages...it works for us.

Any age up to 50 is normal for me, but I'd go older for the right person. 30-45 seems to be the age of most men I have sex with xx

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

I seem to go alot younger lately

Depends how young they are, i wouldn't entertain anyone who was close to my kids age haha

"It's just a preference that varies. Some just prefer people of a certain age. Some age doesn't matter. And for some it's very much to do with an significant age difference young and old fettish.

I would say the vast majority of people though generally just look for people within a few years of their age. Although generally not the under 25s when it comes to guys. Yet strangely very few people give a hoot how young a female is. Obviously that is just a generalisation based on observation.

I'm obviously one of the few then because I definitely give a hoot. "

So does the male half of this profile.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

As long as they have a mature mind.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's not so much about the age besides set limits. more about if each other finds them attractive and is chemistry.

"I'm 66. Met women between 31 and 66. It's just a number."

If it’s just a number then why won’t you meet anyone over 66?

For me not so much about age, it’s about the chemistry and attraction. I’ve been with women younger and older than me, and it’s not the age that defines how good a time we have

Always younger than me.

"It's just a number" grinds my gears. For SOME people age doesn't matter. For SOME people it matters a lot. Like me.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

We have an ideal situation I prefer older and he prefers younger, hence our age gap.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Slightly younger.

""It's just a number" grinds my gears. For SOME people age doesn't matter. For SOME people it matters a lot. Like me. "

You know that song that goes ‘unbreak my heartttttttt’

Yeah. That.

""It's just a number" grinds my gears. For SOME people age doesn't matter. For SOME people it matters a lot. Like me. "

By *rsPricklePantsWoman  over a year ago

Room 237 at The Overlook Hotel, Suffolk

As long as they are not young enough to be my child or old enough to be my parent I don't mind younger or older it's more about the person for me

By *irBummyFingerMan  over a year ago

Carmarthen

All ages, if we click and there is a spark then age is irrelevant

They prefer ass gaps.

""It's just a number" grinds my gears. For SOME people age doesn't matter. For SOME people it matters a lot. Like me.

Yeah. That. "

You already knew my view on this from the last thread about age, Steve...

""It's just a number" grinds my gears. For SOME people age doesn't matter. For SOME people it matters a lot. Like me.

Yeah. That.

You already knew my view on this from the last thread about age, Steve..."

Was that the one you said you loved me on?

Or the one you said that you and being together was a fairy tale?

"Do females prefer a younger guy if they're over the age of 38? Well between 38 and 50 is it younger partners you're looking for?

Same with guys do you look for a younger female?"

I prefer someone my own age or slightly older. I have no interest in younger guys but it seems to be the majority of my inbox are 20-35

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I prefer someone my own age or slightly older. I have no interest in younger guys but it seems to be the majority of my inbox are 20-35 "

Is there a reason you haven't filtered them out?

I prefer someone my own age or slightly older. I have no interest in younger guys but it seems to be the majority of my inbox are 20-35

Is there a reason you haven't filtered them out?"

Not really. I don’t mind chatting with them and in fact have some really interesting conversations but it just wouldn’t be my preference to meet them sexually

By *onewolf444Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've mainly been with women younger than myself. Not q massive age gap but that's just the way it's worked out. If I connected with someone who had a bigger age gap it wouldn't be an issue for me. As they say it's all about personality...

probably an indication why I'm single.

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

Younger usually, having said that its all about chemistry and good banter

Belfast

Age isn't just a number. It's an irrefutable fact. You may however not act your age or pretend to be a different age.

Some 20 year olds are more mature than some 50 year olds but age doesn't equal sexual experience and in a lot of cases maybe not even life experience.

Regardless of how mature any woman under 40 on here is I still won't meet them because of their age.

That's not ageism, that's a very conscious preference.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Yeah. That.

You already knew my view on this from the last thread about age, Steve..."

Age is just a number of course. I understand completely that it's an important factor to some, but let me ask this.

If someone has fibbed about their age on their profile, you meet, they look the age stated and you get on like a house on fire and have a great time.....then weeks after you've been FB's meeting regularly they admit to knocking 5 years off their actual age - does it change everything that's happened and your initial interest/attraction?

Likewise in a club environment....in dozens of nights I've/we've been in clubs I can't recall ever asking anyone we've chatted to or played with their age. I wouldn't dream of it. Any decisions have been solely down to attraction, banter and did we click.

So in that scenario age is completely irrelevant.

Obviously in both cases if they looked a decade away from their stated age things would be different. But I've know people in their late teens look mid 20's and people in their 50's look like they're still 30something.

A

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Yeah. That.

Age is just a number of course. I understand completely that it's an important factor to some, but let me ask this.

If someone has fibbed about their age on their profile, you meet, they look the age stated and you get on like a house on fire and have a great time.....then weeks after you've been FB's meeting regularly they admit to knocking 5 years off their actual age - does it change everything that's happened and your initial interest/attraction?

Likewise in a club environment....in dozens of nights I've/we've been in clubs I can't recall ever asking anyone we've chatted to or played with their age. I wouldn't dream of it. Any decisions have been solely down to attraction, banter and did we click.

Obviously in both cases if they looked a decade away from their stated age things would be different. But I've know people in their late teens look mid 20's and people in their 50's look like they're still 30something.

A"

I think there are very few people who could get away with knocking more than a few years off their actual age

Yeah. That.

A"

Fair points but if someone is older than me and not interested in me because of age or where my life is or other things they associate with people my age it’s fine. Besides if I added 5 years to my age I still would be too young for inconceivable. Her loss

In my experience “age is just a number” is a phrase used to attempt to belittle my preferences and convince me to meet.

“Sorry, you’re the same age as my son”

“Go on, age is just a number”

No, it’s really not.

I’m just grateful I don’t have to state the age I feel instead of the age I am.

"

“…… age is just a number”

No, it’s really not.

"

But it literally is. It’s just your perception of the age gap and how it makes you feel.

I could get along with someone a lot older/younger than me if we were on the same page. (Could I get sexy with them? Probably if they got along with me)

And then there are others that I don’t get along with that are my own age, and also younger/older.

Age is just a number, how you act is much more important to me.

"I happened to be with someone 13 years old but it was never my intention tension to find someone significantly older. Having said that almost everyone I have been in a relationship at least 5 years older than me. "

You may want to rephrase that

"

No, it’s really not.

But it literally is. It’s just your perception of the age gap and how it makes you feel.

I could get along with someone a lot older/younger than me if we were on the same page. (Could I get sexy with them? Probably if they got along with me)

And then there are others that I don’t get along with that are my own age, and also younger/older.

Age is just a number, how you act is much more important to me.

"

I disagree.

I’m totally different now to when I was say 30. In every way.

Secondly, I have no business messing about with someone 20 years younger, no matter how well we may get on. I have sons in their 20’s which changes my view drastically.

Just my preferences and you have yours

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Age is just a number, if you get on, just enjoy

By *aturefun63Man  over a year ago

Belper

Married for 19 years to my ex wife who is 12 years younger,but happy to meet anyone above 40 as long as they have a dirty mind

"

No, it’s really not.

Secondly, I have no business messing about with someone 20 years younger, no matter how well we may get on. I have sons in their 20’s which changes my view drastically.

"

That’s it, your never going to get that thought from your mind no matter how much someone could try. Maybe my views would be different if I had a daughter. I understand what you say.

We all have views on different questions.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

At the ripe old age of 82 I can only go with younger women, my filters are set at no one younger than 45 but in reality I would prefer women in their 60s.

Yeah. That.

"

I think you're paraphrasing somewhat

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Christ, I’m 38. Am I now considered a mature woman? Since when was 38 old?

Erm, no, I’ve never gone more than a year younger than me, even in my twenties. I like my men up to around 6-8 years older than me. Always have, probably always will

"

No, it’s really not.

That’s it, your never going to get that thought from your mind no matter how much someone could try. Maybe my views would be different if I had a daughter. I understand what you say.

We all have views on different questions. "

I agree with LG. I have no business at 52 being with men in their twenties. Or early thirties tbh. If other women want to do that I don't judge them but it's not for me. It's frustrating when men lie about their age here and then try to persuade me that I should consider them. Same goes for older men. I don't want to be with a man in his sixties. It doesn't really matter why it doesn't appeal - it's very manipulative to try to persuade someone to bypass their preferences.

Yeah. That.

A

Fair points but if someone is older than me and not interested in me because of age or where my life is or other things they associate with people my age it’s fine. Besides if I added 5 years to my age I still would be too young for inconceivable. Her loss "

Totally

Yeah. That.

A"

I'm not looking for a FB and I don't want to fuck strangers in clubs. Doesn't matter whether I get along with them, I don't want to invest my time and energy into something that will not work for me. And this argument kinda stinks. Like i and others don't know our own minds.

Yeah. That.

I think you're paraphrasing somewhat "

Maybe I am. Surprised your memory is this good .

If Shakespeare had written our story it would be a tragedy, maybe a comedy. Certainly not a fairy tale

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Yeah. That.

A

Fair points but if someone is older than me and not interested in me because of age or where my life is or other things they associate with people my age it’s fine. Besides if I added 5 years to my age I still would be too young for inconceivable. Her loss "

I've always loved the 'his/her/their loss' line. It really isn't (I know you were kidding btw )

My point being that people are of course entitled to whatever preference they want - gender, sexuality, race, body size, hairstyle, knob/tit size and yes.....age.

All of which can and generally are shown clearly on profiles to enable people to make a choice.

But what if those details aren't actually genuine? Sure - you can't hide some, but others can and are 'adjusted' on a regular basis. Plenty exaggerate or downplay physical attributes. Plenty adjust their age by a few years, either to get round filters or because they think that in doing so they'll appeal more to their target market.

I'm in no way talking about age being irrelevant in terms of people meeting those old enough to be their kids/parents or where there is a considerable age gap.

The point I'm trying to make is that the presence of age related filters on a contact site has two main consequences. People will fib and there's the potential to miss out on someone highly suitable who fits your needs just because their age is one digit to great. But that's life of course.

A couple of questions.

If you took age off profiles and had to go by what you read in the text and saw in photos would it change who you were attracted to?

If you lined up a selection of twenty regular forum users in a club that you'd never met and hadn't seen their faces.....could you accurately guess their age?

Age is by it's very definition 'just a number'.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a factor in your choices of who to meet or contact. Unless of course your profile says you're looking for someone 18-99............

A

Belfast

"

No, it’s really not.

We all have views on different questions.

I agree with LG. I have no business at 52 being with men in their twenties. Or early thirties tbh. If other women want to do that I don't judge them but it's not for me. It's frustrating when men lie about their age here and then try to persuade me that I should consider them. Same goes for older men. I don't want to be with a man in his sixties. It doesn't really matter why it doesn't appeal - it's very manipulative to try to persuade someone to bypass their preferences."

I've been contacted in the past by couples who bypassed my filters because the man was in his 40s but the woman in her 20s.

She was usually the one messaging and in most cases couldn't understand what the issue was when I said no.

Yeah. That.

A

Fair points but if someone is older than me and not interested in me because of age or where my life is or other things they associate with people my age it’s fine. Besides if I added 5 years to my age I still would be too young for inconceivable. Her loss

I've always loved the 'his/her/their loss' line. It really isn't (I know you were kidding btw )

My point being that people are of course entitled to whatever preference they want - gender, sexuality, race, body size, hairstyle, knob/tit size and yes.....age.

All of which can and generally are shown clearly on profiles to enable people to make a choice.

But what if those details aren't actually genuine? Sure - you can't hide some, but others can and are 'adjusted' on a regular basis. Plenty exaggerate or downplay physical attributes. Plenty adjust their age by a few years, either to get round filters or because they think that in doing so they'll appeal more to their target market.

I'm in no way talking about age being irrelevant in terms of people meeting those old enough to be their kids/parents or where there is a considerable age gap.

The point I'm trying to make is that the presence of age related filters on a contact site has two main consequences. People will fib and there's the potential to miss out on someone highly suitable who fits your needs just because their age is one digit to great. But that's life of course.

A couple of questions.

If you took age off profiles and had to go by what you read in the text and saw in photos would it change who you were attracted to?

If you lined up a selection of twenty regular forum users in a club that you'd never met and hadn't seen their faces.....could you accurately guess their age?

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a factor in your choices of who to meet or contact. Unless of course your profile says you're looking for someone 18-99............

A"

The whataboutery isn't helpful. Again you're implying that I and others don't know our own minds. And forgetting that I am perfectly capable of messaging someone if they appeal to me but are outside my age limits.

Belfast

Yeah. That.

A

A couple of questions.

A"

On virtually every previous age related thread I've posted on I have been challenged on my preferences. Strangely enough always by other men.

It usually takes the form of "but what if?".

I've been asked if a young woman in her 20s came on to me was I seriously trying to pretend I wouldn't be interested?

When I've asked why they hadn't challenged any of the women or couples with similar preferences in those threads the answers were invariably the same.

I'm a man of a certain age and don't have options and should therefore be flattered and grateful.

Funnily enough the men who ask those questions have been without fail in their late 20s or early 30s.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Yeah. That.

A

A couple of questions.

A

The whataboutery isn't helpful. Again you're implying that I and others don't know our own minds. And forgetting that I am perfectly capable of messaging someone if they appeal to me but are outside my age limits. "

I'm implying nothing.

I'm playing devil's advocate.

Of course people know their own minds (most of them anyway!). But how do people make decisions, because generally they're made based in information provided that enables them to make decisions based on personal preferences, tastes and desires/needs. So if that information is lacking or flawed then does it prevent a decision being made, or does it mean you have to make one by evaluating just the available parameters? If age info isn't there you can't base a decision on it.

A little challenge.

If age isn't a number then how do you tell someone yours without any reference to a numerical value being used?

A

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Yeah. That.

A

A couple of questions.

A

On virtually every previous age related thread I've posted on I have been challenged on my preferences. Strangely enough always by other men.

I've been asked if a young woman in her 20s came on to me was I seriously trying to pretend I wouldn't be interested?

When I've asked why they hadn't challenged any of the women or couples with similar preferences in those threads the answers were invariably the same.

I'm a man of a certain age and don't have options and should therefore be flattered and grateful.

Funnily enough the men who ask those questions have been without fail in their late 20s or early 30s. "

See my response above. I'm not challenging anyone nor saying people can't have preferences re age.

I'm making completely different arguments.

A

"

A couple of questions.

A"

Age (older because I’m still so young) doesn’t really bother me in the slightest. But I respect that it does some. I think though I consider myself to be mature and more than capable of being interesting to people of any age, I am still going to always be too young for some people. Physically I suppose I could lie and say I was a few years older maybe to get past filters but I wouldn’t really be interested in anyone that wouldn’t be interested in me as a 24 year old but would be interested in me as a 28 year old.

Without age I think you’d find better and more genuine connections with people but equally it’s the same with anything. I’m sure if people didn’t know they were talking to someone of a certain race that they don’t like (not for physical reasons in this case) they’d also find that they connected with all kinds of people.

Anyway I agree with you but just don’t care enough about older people that aren’t interested in me because of my age. There are people I can’t message today but will be able to message this time next month. I find it funnier than anything else.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I prefer younger but still have to get on etc. some younger men have no idea though

By *entative_steps7781Couple  over a year ago

Home

I am generally attracted to guys around my age or younger. That's not to say I would say no someone who is over 50, if we met and I found them attractive, then it's not an issue, but when I am actively looking on here I tend to use age as a first filter.

MJ x

I dont go by age usually i go by people i like but the best ones have been my age there and there abouts but lifes fluid

Belfast

Yeah. That.

A

A couple of questions.

A

Funnily enough the men who ask those questions have been without fail in their late 20s or early 30s.

See my response above. I'm not challenging anyone nor saying people can't have preferences re age.

I'm making completely different arguments.

A"

I accept that but I don't go to clubs and don't meet anyone without at least one and sometimes two socials.

It would be pretty obvious by that point if they were outside my age range.

As far as ages on fab profiles it's the very first thing I look at and if they fall below my filters I don't read their bio or look at their pics.

"I prefer older men..

But in reality it shouldn't matter... I would be very self conscious about my body if i met a younger man though, i think it would spoil the meet for me "

You've nothing to be self conscious about, you have a gorgeous body.

» Add a new message to this topic