FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do people really believe this shit?

Do people really believe this shit?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I just listened to the speech given by the Russian ambassador to the UN, in total disbelief at the outright lies he spouted.

I felt sick listening to what he said and really couldn't understand how any sane person could believe it either..

I understand that a percentage of the Russian population will believe every word the state says; they have spent the last 60+ years under a regime which has controlled all their information, and no more so than now.

But there is a small minority of people outside Russia who have free access to open media, yet will believe the lies and propaganda over all the mainstream media outlets.. unfortunately they really exist..

We have seen them first hand recently, covid deniers and those that deny the apocalypse ever happened.

I am left wondering why this is the case; what is it that makes someone believe the irrational?

A friend has paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of grandeur, a great title for what is a debilitating illness. He sometimes believes things that are clearly untrue and do not exist, yet to him,they are real; the devil in his cupboard, the people trying to poison him through his airvents.. that is his daily struggle between true reality and his reality..

So what of those who haven't been brainwashed by controlled media? some have political or other agendas, usually due to hateful beliefs, but could it be that some have psychological issues that have yet to be diagnosed?

So is there any merit in this suggestion or am I way off the mark?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oteyetieMan  over a year ago

Galashiels

I’ve a friend who is Ukrainian living in Scotland her sister is also Ukrainian has been living in Russia for 14 years , the sister living in Russia doesnt believe the sister that’s living in Scotland that the Russians are killing civilian people and bombing the whole of Ukraine , the Russian media are telling them it’s all lies and made up stories and that Russia are trying to liberate Ukrainians from western influences .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People believe it, that’s why there’s so much division across the globe.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a few friends that don’t believe the mainstream media, we’re covid deniers, believing conspiracies etc. Looking at them in particular, often because of mistrust — they always bring up examples where either media or government or those at top of big corporations have lied or covered up one thing as rationale as to why everything else they say is false. I personally don’t understand how one unrelated thing makes other things true or untrue but I’ve given up trying to convince, as I can’t change their minds or opinions when it comes to conspiracies just as they can’t change mine

» Add a new message to this topic