FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Bacchus. OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

Is it bad form to publicly call out timewasters on fab?

I've had to cancel 2 social meets recently and gave plenty of notice.

However I was also let down for two meets without any notice at all.

Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Yes, it's bad form to name and shame

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s not only bad form it’s against site rules. You can report them through their profile (assuming they’ve not blocked you).

Other than that learn to spot the red flags, and trust your instincts.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I keep advising have always a plan B

It is annoying I've been in your position and it's not nice, rise above it and put it down to a lesson learnt be the better person. You're not allowed to name and shame so just move on and find someone worthy of you and enjoy

"I keep advising have always a plan B "

Which as was said on another similar thread is time wasting the plan b.

Selby

"I keep advising have always a plan B

Which as was said on another similar thread is time wasting the plan b. "

Don't think is time wasting , if you ha a meeting with time and place and is cancelled for whatever reason is you can always go for that second plan B meeting. As long you explain the situation

"Is it bad form to publicly call out timewasters on fab?

Any thoughts?"

Did they tell you they were cancelling or just didn't turn up?

Did you do sex chat before you met them?

When you call out someone publicly it's always from your narrative, people will never hear both sides of the story that's why it's wrong.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

It's something we all have to deal with at some stage on here !! and we've all had no shows ( or most of us )or even lame excuses and sadly it's par for the course now it seems !! and reading the updates on say a Friday/Saturday then seeing some updates on a Sunday/Monday ??? and if it does sound good to be true mostly it is ! but seems the offer of free and easy sex without any effort needed is the main cause of so much woe and despair ...

Torquay

What about if they string you along and then they are posting Veris the next day and commenting on the great night they had, whilst I sat there like a plum watching the clock,,?

And not replying to any messages?

It's blatantly rude

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Normal on this site. Full of fakes and timewsters.

Torquay

I did arrange for them to come to mine and gave my number, we were on each others friends list and had chatted a few times.

They just blanked all contact and had a different meet

By *exymarvelMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Any thoughts?"

Honestly, i think if you name and shame u get banned. Just report them

Selby

"What about if they string you along and then they are posting Veris the next day and commenting on the great night they had, whilst I sat there like a plum watching the clock,,?

It's blatantly rude "

Or happening you meeting the ones they have met on the day and time where you supose to meet them but they have cancelled your meet with them , given the excuse they gived is quite comical!

This happened to me , i don't really take to serious even i know is frustrating, but is people choice in the end of the day

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Unfortunately they found someone more enticing that night, it hurts and frustrating but it happens all the time on here.

It’s why I don’t meet with straight guys, TV or real woman ? ….I’m back up for a quick shag if they can’t get a real woman on here. That’s my reality and it means I now never meet at home, only in clubs or social events. So I haven’t wasted my day or night waiting around.

All I can advise is manage your expectations of the site as I do and ‘naming and shaming’ will never, be a thing on this site, quite rightly.

Unfortunately there isn’t much you can really do about that but to block and move on it does suck I’ve had it done too.

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

Happens all the time. I don't care if the excuse is lame but I can't stand absolutely no contact it's downright rude. However have done to expect it. It happens on every site not just here.

Let’s face it, this site isn’t what it used to be. Mostly time wasters fakes and fantasists. It’s BS when they just ignore you, can’t even have the decency to reply and say they’ve changed minds or arranged something else… it’s easy to say oh just block and move on. But how many times do we have to do that? Rant over, but this site is just rubbish these days.

They found someone they’d rather meet. It sucks if they didn’t cancel with notice.

Block and move on

"Let’s face it, this site isn’t what it used to be. Mostly time wasters fakes and fantasists. It’s BS when they just ignore you, can’t even have the decency to reply and say they’ve changed minds or arranged something else… it’s easy to say oh just block and move on. But how many times do we have to do that? Rant over, but this site is just rubbish these days. "

It's not a baby sitting site!

If it's shit that's the people's fault, not the site.

"Happens all the time. I don't care if the excuse is lame but I can't stand absolutely no contact it's downright rude. However have done to expect it. It happens on every site not just here. "

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Don't think is time wasting , if you ha a meeting with time and place and is cancelled for whatever reason is you can always go for that second plan B meeting. As long you explain the situation "

I wouldn't meet anyone as a plan B regardless of how well they explained the situation.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

So hard to spot, I've been tricked so many times now I've lost count

"What about if they string you along and then they are posting Veris the next day and commenting on the great night they had, whilst I sat there like a plum watching the clock,,?

It's blatantly rude "

It sounds like you were their backup. It happens. Just block and move on.

Don't think is time wasting , if you ha a meeting with time and place and is cancelled for whatever reason is you can always go for that second plan B meeting. As long you explain the situation

I wouldn't meet anyone as a plan B regardless of how well they explained the situation. "

Me neither. Fuck that shit

"Let’s face it, this site isn’t what it used to be. Mostly time wasters fakes and fantasists. It’s BS when they just ignore you, can’t even have the decency to reply and say they’ve changed minds or arranged something else… it’s easy to say oh just block and move on. But how many times do we have to do that? Rant over, but this site is just rubbish these days. "

I wouldn’t say it’s mostly any of that If I’m honest. If someone ignores you or changed their mind it doesn’t mean they are a time waster or fake.

It’s all in the FAQs about not getting a reply nobody owes you one. It helps to have that in mind…

Definitely flip it on your mind it’s there loss

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I wouldn't meet anyone as a plan B regardless of how well they explained the situation. "

Me neither and I wouldn’t expect someone to be my plan B either. I’d rather they have more self respect.

I wouldn't meet anyone as a plan B regardless of how well they explained the situation.

Me neither and I wouldn’t expect someone to be my plan B either. I’d rather they have more self respect."

No I wouldn’t either I wouldn’t like to be someone’s back up plan

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Any thoughts?"

Just meet at your local swingers club - that way, if you don’t like each other in real life, you’re still safe and can meet others more compatible.

That just perpetuates the problem. No one owes you a reply… of course now. But it’s rude, this site encourages that IMO.

Selby

Sometimes the plan B they really want to meet you so you need to tell them that you have planned with plan A already but if you tell them if that meeting with plan A doesn't goes ahead you are happy in go ahead in meet them .

I'm not talking about having two birds in the hand and when comes time to meet you choose one , that is really not fair acting that way

"So hard to spot, I've been tricked so many times now I've lost count"

Do you do sex chat with them?

Selby

Is same if you meeting is cancelled you can have plan B such going to a club , i probably didn't explained well but i don't mean plan B as having someone as second choice , i wouldn't like that for myself either

"That just perpetuates the problem. No one owes you a reply… of course now. But it’s rude, this site encourages that IMO. "

I understand you are replying to me?

I know it can be frustrating but you have to think how many messages others get - nobody has time to reply to all for starters and simply saying “no sorry you’re not my type” opens up potential abuse.

Believe it or not many people can’t take rejection, so delete or block is the hassle abuse free way…

"That just perpetuates the problem. No one owes you a reply… of course now. But it’s rude, this site encourages that IMO. "

This site encourages entitlement

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Also there are two sides to every story.

"That just perpetuates the problem. No one owes you a reply… of course now. But it’s rude, this site encourages that IMO.

I know it can be frustrating but you have to think how many messages others get - nobody has time to reply to all for starters and simply saying “no sorry you’re not my type” opens up potential abuse.

Believe it or not many people can’t take rejection, so delete or block is the hassle abuse free way… "

I meant if you’ve arranged a meet… rejection etc isn’t an issue for me. It’s the people that arrange a meet, then ghost you or see from veris they were off having fun with someone else without the decency to cancel. It happens I get it, I’ve had to do it last minute. But I’m not rude, I’ve never had anyone kick off at me. It takes seconds, it is just hilarious to me how “busy” and how many messages others get… I think not. It’s just laziness and bad manners. That’s my opinion on it anyway

"That just perpetuates the problem. No one owes you a reply… of course now. But it’s rude, this site encourages that IMO.

This site encourages entitlement"

Haha. Yeh right… arranging a meet then just ghosting someone is rude. That’s not an entitlement, I agree with the OP. It’s pure laziness and poor manners.

Believe it or not many people can’t take rejection, so delete or block is the hassle abuse free way…

I meant if you’ve arranged a meet… rejection etc isn’t an issue for me. It’s the people that arrange a meet, then ghost you or see from veris they were off having fun with someone else without the decency to cancel. It happens I get it, I’ve had to do it last minute. But I’m not rude, I’ve never had anyone kick off at me. It takes seconds, it is just hilarious to me how “busy” and how many messages others get… I think not. It’s just laziness and bad manners. That’s my opinion on it anyway "

Right I get you yeah people should definitely just let you know if it’s off or not

Tis better than wasting gas or petrol tho

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

It's shit but it happens quite a lot, block and move on

Get them to pay a deposit.

» Add a new message to this topic