FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My Kindle Fire HD has been dispatched....

My Kindle Fire HD has been dispatched....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

.... and the thing I am looking forward to most is playing Angry Birds on a large screen

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ooooo, I'm jealous lol

I'm jealous, I want one, am dropping lots of hints in the hope that I get one for Xmas

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have angry birds on my tablet, its still just as frustrating but bigger!

"I have angry birds on my tablet, its still just as frustrating but bigger! "

Angry birds is brilliant on my iPad , but you must try bad piggys as well, just as addictive

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Angry birds is brilliant on my iPad , but you must try bad piggys as well, just as addictive"
The piggys creepy me out!

I'm in two minds to go for the kindle fire or google nexus ...

with the kindle are you tied to the amazon store ?

Full review expected when you get it

and give then piggys what they deserve

Bigger birds?

Is this today's compulsory daily BBW thread?

By *andyguy59Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

"My Kindle Fire HD has been dispatched...."

Why did you kill it?

"I have angry birds on my tablet, its still just as frustrating but bigger!

Bigger birds?

Is this today's compulsory daily BBW thread? "

I'd rather not have Angry BBW's

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Angry birds is brilliant on my iPad , but you must try bad piggys as well, just as addictiveThe piggys creepy me out! "

It's the way they snigger when I fail a round...

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

i hate kindle with a passion ! selling points, its easy to read in bright sunlight, like a book. Light weight, like a paperback. i million titles, Less than my local library consortium. Of course on holiday i wouldnt leave my kindle on my towel when i go for a swim. I wouldnt read my kindle in the bath. im in expensive trouble if i drop my kindle. I cant swat a wasp with my kindle, or use it to prop open a door. lithium batteries my books dont use. energy, resources and waste producing a kindle, shed loads. Books , trees and they are recycleable. And what the feck is it with Apple ?? They seem to be designing computers smaller and smaller untill they will eventually become a mobile phone and their phones are going in the opposite direction. At some point they will meet themselves in the middle, what happens then ?

"i hate kindle with a passion ! selling points, its easy to read in bright sunlight, like a book. Light weight, like a paperback. i million titles, Less than my local library consortium. Of course on holiday i wouldnt leave my kindle on my towel when i go for a swim. I wouldnt read my kindle in the bath. im in expensive trouble if i drop my kindle. I cant swat a wasp with my kindle, or use it to prop open a door. lithium batteries my books dont use. energy, resources and waste producing a kindle, shed loads. Books , trees and they are recycleable. And what the feck is it with Apple ?? They seem to be designing computers smaller and smaller untill they will eventually become a mobile phone and their phones are going in the opposite direction. At some point they will meet themselves in the middle, what happens then ? "

Do you read the Daily Mail by any chance? You seem very angry

"i hate kindle with a passion ! selling points, its easy to read in bright sunlight, like a book. Light weight, like a paperback. i million titles, Less than my local library consortium. Of course on holiday i wouldnt leave my kindle on my towel when i go for a swim. I wouldnt read my kindle in the bath. im in expensive trouble if i drop my kindle. I cant swat a wasp with my kindle, or use it to prop open a door. lithium batteries my books dont use. energy, resources and waste producing a kindle, shed loads. Books , trees and they are recycleable. And what the feck is it with Apple ?? They seem to be designing computers smaller and smaller untill they will eventually become a mobile phone and their phones are going in the opposite direction. At some point they will meet themselves in the middle, what happens then ? "

Also assuming you have a phonogram instead of an MP3?

By *ll of a QuiverCouple  over a year ago

Douglas

Spent a lot of the last week playing Angry Birds on the Xbox360 hooked up to a 42" screen.

Still frustrating as hell though

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

no i dont read the daily mail or any other newspaper for that matter. Sometimes the truth hurts tho eh

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

This is my next decision.... iPad mini or iPad 4

Debating on which to get myself for Xmas

Sorry to nick your thread Ben I need to ask a nerdy question...

Are wireless routers hard to fit? I am useless at this type of thing but I need to wi-fi up my house

I'm holding out until the 32gb Nexus 7 comes out. Had a play with the 16gb version and was quite impressed.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"This is my next decision.... iPad mini or iPad 4

Are wireless routers hard to fit? I am useless at this type of thing but I need to wi-fi up my house

"

No, they're dead easy...Ethernet cable from PC to modem, Ethernet cable from modem to wireless router, switch it all on. Use the router name and password on the side of the router initially.

Go to 192.168.0.0 (sometimes 0.1) and set up your firewall and security, change the default password, for starters.

Err...that's it

I've just unpacked the Kindle, my first message from it is to you lot! Loving it, cool piece of kit!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I've just unpacked the Kindle, my first message from it is to you lot! Loving it, cool piece of kit!

"

Enjoy!

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Can you load content onto a Kindle Fire HD if you DO NOT have Wifi?

"Can you load content onto a Kindle Fire HD if you DO NOT have Wifi?"

No idea, sorry. I only use Wifi, but I believe there is a 3G version.

I can say it is a great piece of kit. I have hardly used it to read books though!

".... and the thing I am looking forward to most is playing Angry Birds on a large screen "

My daughter just got one for her b/day and it's pretty wicked. I've got an old one that is basically just a book reader but it does me for what I need it for.

This is exactly how I felt about kindles un til I got one now nothing would part me with mine I love it

"This is my next decision.... iPad mini or iPad 4

"

No, they're an absolute doddle. Gimme a shout if you need a hand. Are you with Virgin? They sent us a new SuperHub so we could get 30mb and after a bit of faffing about with it I've finally got it settled into a nice fast channel.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

looking to get the OH one for christmas, is the 8 gig too small?

was thinking of the 32..?

any advice pls?

"looking to get the OH one for christmas, is the 8 gig too small?

any advice pls? "

I have the Kindle Fire HD 16Gb. very fast. Plenty of functionally. I use the web browser on this more than on my laptop now. Excellent quality screen for films and TV. Fun for games.... and apparently I can read books on it as well!

I love it!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"looking to get the OH one for christmas, is the 8 gig too small?

any advice pls?

I have the Kindle Fire HD 16Gb. very fast. Plenty of functionally. I use the web browser on this more than on my laptop now. Excellent quality screen for films and TV. Fun for games.... and apparently I can read books on it as well!

I love it!"

cheers, i meant to put in my post i was thinking of the 16 not the 32..doh..

sounds like a plan..

ta again..

IPAD, like a computer, but not as good.

IPAD Mini, Like an iPad but not as good

"I'm in two minds to go for the kindle fire or google nexus ...

with the kindle are you tied to the amazon store ?

"

I think you'll find that Calibre is the solution. Google it.

" Are wireless routers hard to fit? I am useless at this type of thing but I need to wi-fi up my house

"

In my experience, and I've set up a few, take your time and follow the instructions. Can honestly say I've never had a problem.

I think the problems come when people think they know more than they actually do, and try to be smart!

Just my opinion!!

By *reedy_for_funCouple  over a year ago

My House

We bought 2 Samsung tablets (32gb, mobile sim with Three) from John Lewis's. We actually ordered and paid for 2 of the 16gb non mobile versions so a bit of a result there ... another result to that is that Samsung are offering £50 cash back per tablet so our total spend well be £378 for both.

We like them so much we're buying another one in January for our own use to use the cams etc Our current ones are used by the kids so we can't/ won't use them for this site.

X

"Can you load content onto a Kindle Fire HD if you DO NOT have Wifi?

No idea, sorry. I only use Wifi, but I believe there is a 3G version.

I can say it is a great piece of kit. I have hardly used it to read books though! "

There is a 3g WiFi one you can just get a 3g one which you will need to plug in to update if you don't have WiFi

» Add a new message to this topic