FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dealt the shit card

Dealt the shit card

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My daughter feels she has been dealt a real shit card with life, she was diagnosed with autism when she was 11, the, then had open pores on her head than needed to be removed. She was then diagnosed with PCOS when she was 18 and felt she would never have children. Beginning of this year she had the worse diagnosis of all, Cancer. Hopefully caught warly enough, she starts Chemo on Wednesday. She still smiles and jokes with the family and is a pleasure to be around but just makes you think why her.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thats really tough set of challenges, but where there's life there's hope.

How are you coping?

By *assy MissWoman  over a year ago

Sent to Coventry

So sorry to read this. Some people do seem to be dealt tough cards.

My grandson has autism as well as a host of other issue. I sometimes I find myself ask for the same question as you.

Sending hugs x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Life can be so cruel to the loveliest of people. Sending my love to you and your family. Stay strong.x

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have autism and whilst it felt like a shit card for a long time. It has made me extremely employable in my field of work. I now consider it my super power.

She sounds already like a toughie I think that has tackled and bested some major Shit and can still smile. She’s a winner.

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"My daughter feels she has been dealt a real shit card with life, she was diagnosed with autism when she was 11, the, then had open pores on her head than needed to be removed. She was then diagnosed with PCOS when she was 18 and felt she would never have children. Beginning of this year she had the worse diagnosis of all, Cancer. Hopefully caught warly enough, she starts Chemo on Wednesday. She still smiles and jokes with the family and is a pleasure to be around but just makes you think why her. "

As a parent, I felt a real lump in my throat reading this. It sounds as if she has rock solid support with you & I am sending my best wishes...Cancer treatments have never been more successful so I have faith for a positive result. I just hope that you have support too x

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

I’ve been in and out of hospital all my life…. And I used to ask that question myself…. But I’m alive when I shouldn’t be!

Then I started to look at what I actually have in my life…. And now I consider myself lucky x

"My daughter feels she has been dealt a real shit card with life, she was diagnosed with autism when she was 11, the, then had open pores on her head than needed to be removed. She was then diagnosed with PCOS when she was 18 and felt she would never have children. Beginning of this year she had the worse diagnosis of all, Cancer. Hopefully caught warly enough, she starts Chemo on Wednesday. She still smiles and jokes with the family and is a pleasure to be around but just makes you think why her. "

Ahh this is shitty OP, thank goodness your girl has support in you.

It seems so harsh that some people get no luck so not fair....But she sounds resilient and you should be proud of the lady you raised.

Fwiw some of the best people I work with are Autistic, and they are fantastic at managing routines, managing the needs of our children, attention to detail and information retention is excellent. Punctual and rarely take sick days

I have a student who is autistic qualifies in a couple of months and have offered him a job! He is amazing

I wish your daughter well! Fingers crossed for her x

By *hesecretdocMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

OP, sending all my love and best wishes.

Didn't want to hijack the thread, so apologise but since comments got me thinking. Was diagnosed with autism 3 years ago and really thinking I need to change career. Where would I be regarded as having superpowers??

Big hugs to your daughter

I was diagnosed with autism about 3 or 4 years ago

I see it as gift that is given to a chosen few

» Add a new message to this topic