FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Countdown is on

Countdown is on

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Less than a week till the Grand National, anyone else love it , who's going, who's holding all the trainer tips. Like us do you have a big family get together for a day of gambling.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

What is the Grand National?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love the grand national.!!

Im definitely gonna be having a bet on it!! U betcha!

More exciting this year now the crowds are allowed to be back!

"What is the Grand National? "

Horse race ya div.

Thought you has a thing for Anne Robinson then

"Thought you has a thing for Anne Robinson then"

Exactly! I thought that.

"What is the Grand National?

Horse race ya div. "

Haha , talk about sheltered lives.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

It's a cruel race.

"It's a cruel race."

Tbf it's a lot safer now than before. Why do you think it's cruel

Leeds

"It's a cruel race.

Tbf it's a lot safer now than before. Why do you think it's cruel"

Because of the amount of horses that have died or have had to be shot due to being injured.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It's a cruel race.

Tbf it's a lot safer now than before. Why do you think it's cruel"

Racing in general is cruel.

Racehorses get broken as young as 18 mths old and are allowed to race as 2 yr olds.

A horses skeleton doesn't fully mature until it's 7.

Huge numbers suffer spinal issues at a young age and are either euthanised or if they're lucky retired/sold on to be companions.

A

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Ladies day on Friday

May I just add...

I love horses i do! Ever since a young age ... Beautiful creatures!

"It's a cruel race.

Racehorses get broken as young as 18 mths old and are allowed to race as 2 yr olds.

Huge numbers suffer spinal issues at a young age and are either euthanised or if they're lucky retired/sold on to be companions.

A"

Appreciate your input put the thread is about the lovers of the race and the thrill of the betting . I don't disagree with you that horses are killed or injured in the sport but if you'd like to start a thread about it then please do. I will also join that discussion but for this thread , no offence but bring on the grand national , can't wait.

"Ladies day on Friday "

Hope it's a great day

By *reamblueMan  over a year ago

London

"What is the Grand National? "

It's a horse race where the horses that don't die during the race get put down afterwards cos their spines get broken

Leeds

"It's a cruel race.

A

Appreciate your input put the thread is about the lovers of the race and the thrill of the betting . I don't disagree with you that horses are killed or injured in the sport but if you'd like to start a thread about it then please do. I will also join that discussion but for this thread , no offence but bring on the grand national , can't wait. "

Unfortunately you have posted in an open forum so you will have others post who are against it and will voice their opinions x

"It's a cruel race.

A

Appreciate your input put the thread is about the lovers of the race and the thrill of the betting . I don't disagree with you that horses are killed or injured in the sport but if you'd like to start a thread about it then please do. I will also join that discussion but for this thread , no offence but bring on the grand national , can't wait.

Unfortunately you have posted in an open forum so you will have others post who are against it and will voice their opinions x"

Absolutely I agree, my point is simply that the post is aimed at people that enjoy the race so kind of deflecting the thread. Ps I genuinely like horses, when in Switzerland with work I had horse steaks and without a doubt, ( no bull) it was the nicest meat I've ever tasted. There's a farm in Scotland you can purchase it from, forum rules say I can't name it but happy to PM you if required.

Leeds

"It's a cruel race.

A

Unfortunately you have posted in an open forum so you will have others post who are against it and will voice their opinions x

Absolutely I agree, my point is simply that the post is aimed at people that enjoy the race so kind of deflecting the thread. Ps I genuinely like horses, when in Switzerland with work I had horse steaks and without a doubt, ( no bull) it was the nicest meat I've ever tasted. There's a farm in Scotland you can purchase it from, forum rules say I can't name it but happy to PM you if required. "

What has that got to do with horse racing??

"What is the Grand National?

It's a horse race where the horses that don't die during the race get put down afterwards cos their spines get broken"

Not having a bet then

"It's a cruel race.

A

Absolutely I agree, my point is simply that the post is aimed at people that enjoy the race so kind of deflecting the thread. Ps I genuinely like horses, when in Switzerland with work I had horse steaks and without a doubt, ( no bull) it was the nicest meat I've ever tasted. There's a farm in Scotland you can purchase it from, forum rules say I can't name it but happy to PM you if required.

What has that got to do with horse racing?? "

I'm saying I agree , I like horses too. You deflected the thread I'm answering your deflection, you made it about horses and not the race itself, I'm saying horses taste nice.

By *inks_apeyCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

I love it too apey not so much but growing up in our family my nan and grandad would give us the center page of the newspaper so we could pick our favourite names /outfits. All the family would pick one horse £1 a go uncles, aunts, cousins etc we would watch it together was a great family get together. My grandparents would also put a real bet on for us too awww lovely memories. I do the same thing today choose my favourite names and keep my fingers crossed always seem to do OK on the national too x

"I love it too apey not so much but growing up in our family my nan and grandad would give us the center page of the newspaper so we could pick our favourite names /outfits. All the family would pick one horse £1 a go uncles, aunts, cousins etc we would watch it together was a great family get together. My grandparents would also put a real bet on for us too awww lovely memories. I do the same thing today choose my favourite names and keep my fingers crossed always seem to do OK on the national too x "

Yes lovely memories. My mum died last year and we used to have a big day of it, we are keeping the tradition going with about 25 in the house this year. I still remember my wee mum standing in front of the telly slapping her arse like she was a jockey shouting her horse home.

Haha.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It's a cruel race.

A

What has that got to do with horse racing??

I'm saying I agree , I like horses too. You deflected the thread I'm answering your deflection, you made it about horses and not the race itself, I'm saying horses taste nice. "

There was no deflection.

You asked why it was cruel. I answered.

A

Staffordshire

"I love it too apey not so much but growing up in our family my nan and grandad would give us the center page of the newspaper so we could pick our favourite names /outfits. All the family would pick one horse £1 a go uncles, aunts, cousins etc we would watch it together was a great family get together. My grandparents would also put a real bet on for us too awww lovely memories. I do the same thing today choose my favourite names and keep my fingers crossed always seem to do OK on the national too x

Yes lovely memories. My mum died last year and we used to have a big day of it, we are keeping the tradition going with about 25 in the house this year. I still remember my wee mum standing in front of the telly slapping her arse like she was a jockey shouting her horse home.

Haha.

"

But have you raised the stakes these days?? How much do you bet in total?? I don't bet on any other race just this one

"I love it too apey not so much but growing up in our family my nan and grandad would give us the center page of the newspaper so we could pick our favourite names /outfits. All the family would pick one horse £1 a go uncles, aunts, cousins etc we would watch it together was a great family get together. My grandparents would also put a real bet on for us too awww lovely memories. I do the same thing today choose my favourite names and keep my fingers crossed always seem to do OK on the national too x

Haha.

But have you raised the stakes these days?? How much do you bet in total?? I don't bet on any other race just this one "

Yeah I like a punt, not done anything since Xmas though so there's gonna be a blowout on Saturday, that's for sure.

Staffordshire

Haha.

But have you raised the stakes these days?? How much do you bet in total?? I don't bet on any other race just this one

Yeah I like a punt, not done anything since Xmas though so there's gonna be a blowout on Saturday, that's for sure. "

Woo hoo and snap £40 spends for me fingers crossed hope we both win

Haha.

Yeah I like a punt, not done anything since Xmas though so there's gonna be a blowout on Saturday, that's for sure.

Woo hoo and snap £40 spends for me fingers crossed hope we both win "

My luck in the grand national has been awful, might be looking for your tips come Saturday, and I said tips not tits lol though I might need a cheermeup later.

1 day closer , time to start checking form. Still waiting on those big tips

By *innocentMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

As a market maker,thanks for those in this thread who are about to pay my mortgage for the next 8 months. Enjoy the betting .

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"It's a cruel race."

Yep it has been over the years

As your filters block me from mess ageing you .I've your ever in Leeds having a coffee I'd be happy to being you prize galaxy from Jennie

Thread

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy such a cruel inhuman sport.

Not just the treatment of the horses, but the damage to the human body in order to maintain race weight that has been proven to have long term effects on the body.

"As a market maker,thanks for those in this thread who are about to pay my mortgage for the next 8 months. Enjoy the betting . "

Hey thx for your service, if not for you guys we wouldn't have the race at all.

Had a few touches over the years so can't complain about you getting your mortgage paid.

Sakes I thought I was gonna pick vowels and consonants and stuff

"I don't understand how anyone can enjoy such a cruel inhuman sport.

Not just the treatment of the horses, but the damage to the human body in order to maintain race weight that has been proven to have long term effects on the body. "

Oh give us peace , your not happy just saving the horses now your bringing the poor jockeys into it. The white knights make me laugh, do you think the jockeys are forced to ride horses or keep to a certain weight ? . Are you going to include every sport on the planet as every sport has some sort of sacrifice to be made.

"Sakes I thought I was gonna pick vowels and consonants and stuff "

Haha, can I have a P plz bob

Staffordshire

"I don't understand how anyone can enjoy such a cruel inhuman sport.

Not just the treatment of the horses, but the damage to the human body in order to maintain race weight that has been proven to have long term effects on the body. "

No one forces you to watch it or read this thread. We all have our opinions my family tradition will remain x

Sweepstake kits getting sorted out tomorrow, i got a habit of plucking out 1 of the reserve runners.

Staffordshire

"Sweepstake kits getting sorted out tomorrow, i got a habit of plucking out 1 of the reserve runners. "

Who did you end up with?

"Sweepstake kits getting sorted out tomorrow, i got a habit of plucking out 1 of the reserve runners.

Who did you end up with? "

Still around 12 left , will flog them off to family that's coming to my house tomorrow. I'll take the last 2 whatever they are.

1 day to go , cmon.

Staffordshire

Today'sssssssssss the day

Well that was pants, away to the casino now to cut my losses.

Staffordshire

"Well that was pants, away to the casino now to cut my losses. "

Ah no I won with 2nd, 3rd and 6th thanks to bet Fred

"Well that was pants, away to the casino now to cut my losses.

Ah no I won with 2nd, 3rd and 6th thanks to bet Fred "

2nd and 3rd as well,

Hey silver lining , just won a grand at casino. Happy ending to the day.

» Add a new message to this topic