FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > british football

british football

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

Wasn't that long ago that british teams filled last few places in the champions league but this week just 1 win and 4 defeats for british teams this week .. What does that say about the premiership?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Premiership , o is Celtic in that , was British teams to start with

Bucks

"Premiership , o is Celtic in that , was British teams to start with"

Yeah, apologies. Scot prem shouldn't be classed same as The Premiership

Remind me again..Who are current European champions?

Bucks

"Remind me again..Who are current European champions?"

Indeed, but they struggling too at month - and they were only brit team in later stages whereas prev years at least 2 even 3 been there til late on

"Remind me again..Who are current European champions?

Indeed, but they struggling too at month - and they were only brit team in later stages whereas prev years at least 2 even 3 been there til late on"

top of the premiership having only dropped two points,second in their CL group having lost to a team who haven't lost for 11 months at home

Struggling? purlease

"Premiership , o is Celtic in that , was British teams to start with

Yeah, apologies. Scot prem shouldn't be classed same as The Premiership "

No problem what class you which to class them , just pointing out you stated British teams then referred to premiership , oooops that's the usual class assesment of British sports, winning its england , losing its British,

Of the 5 British teams in the champions league only Man City are in a position at the moment where they would not qualify for the knockout stages

Its called the group of death for a reason. Someone has to go through. Each team have won their own division. United are without loss. Arsenal are still going through and Chelsea can win all their home matches!

By *andyguy59Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

british teams - really???

play in a british league yes

...any of them owned by brits?

how many british players in total?

"british teams - really???

how many british players in total?"

Even the fans are plastic , working class supporters have been priced out!

if you are not going to talk about west ham im leaving !

By *couse_Couple69Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool/Warrington

Real and Barca buying the likes of Alonso, Masch, Arbeloa, Ronaldo, Fabregas and Modric hasn't helped.

"if you are not going to talk about west ham im leaving !"

Really what is there to say....??

Gatwick

"if you are not going to talk about west ham im leaving !

Really what is there to say....??"

Not a West Ham fan but...6th place at moment in premiership ain't bad...

But at moment I'm gutted that City got knocked out of FA cup last night by AFC Wimbledon.

Gatwick

Even the fans are plastic , working class supporters have been priced out!"

In the main I agree, but I have managed to get into Premiership ot FA cup gamres Anfield for £24 and Craven Cottage for £20 in the 2 last years which I thought was pretty good value but it was mainly due to total lack of planning and luck!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Even the fans are plastic , working class supporters have been priced out!"

bit of a generalisation

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

Lay the blame squarely at FIFA. One rule for europe and one rule for Britain. They bring in draconian laws in the 80'/90's to dissuade foreigners from domestic leagues, classifying NI, Scotland, Welsh as being non English, with FIFA trying unsuccessfully to insist that the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish should have one vote instead of the 4, thus trying to dissolve the UK's influence, note team GB at the olympics....there is an agenda, don't ever expect the WC to be played in the UK again! British football is the most sustainable league in the world, where turnover and stability is through the turnstiles ( 80% of revenue generated ), with global brands. Elsewhere, the likes of Real Madrid with the galacticos first time round have to sell off real estate to fund their inflated wage bills and this will happen again. FIFA want the UK's wealth from our domestic leagues, yet try to hamstring us at every opportunity. The Spanish, Italian and German leagues all have prohibitive entry requirements to foreign nationals, encouraging domestic players. Our leagues have become driven by the need to play games, to generate revenue, with the emphasis on physical stamina over technique.

Just an opinion lol ( this is a swinging site, right? )

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

I've joined this thread 3 weeks late and ofcourse plenty changes in football in that period of time, but I honestly don't see how the OP see's British football being worse in Europe when compared to a few seasons earlier.

First off Celtic, even 3 weeks ago had done well in Europe this season when compared to Scottish teams recent record, since then they have beaten Barcelona and have a real chance of making it out of the group stages.

At this time all four English teams can make it out of thier groups, though Man City look the most likely to fail and United made it through thiers with 2 games to spare. The current European Champions are English and only (Thank God) to the supreme team that is Barcelona have United been prevented from winning another couple of European Cups.

In the Europa League, Liverpool despite primarily playing their 2nd team, Newcastle and Spurs are all well placed to progress too.

So, overall, I think at this time both English and Scottish football teams seem to be doing well in Europe.

I think it's more a case that continental football has made leaps and bounds in recent years. Real Madrid has always been in Europe but Barca didn't start winning it until recently, and that's down to having an amazing team and style of play that nobody can get near at the moment (except Celtic lol).

United are nowhere near the team they were in 99/00 and it is inevitable that a successful team will break up eventually and someone else will be top dog.

Our day will come again, but let's not forget who the reigning European Champions are - Chelsea.

» Add a new message to this topic