FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > kids who think out of the box

kids who think out of the box

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You gotta love 'em!

My daughter is 14 and her teacher asked her a maths question in class today:

Teacher: If you had 10 chocolate cakes and a friend asked for 2, how many would you have left?

Daughter: 10.

Teacher: Ok, let's say you had 10 chocolate cakes and a friend forcibly took 2 of them, what would have left?

Daughter: 10... and a dead body.

~

FOOKIN QUALITY, THAT'S ME GIRL!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

When my youngest daughter was about 7, she said to me, "Mum? How long would you say my bum-crack is?"

I said I had no idea and why did she want to know. She replied, "My maths homework is to estimate the length of something."

... so a book or a pencil wasn't the first thing she thought of then.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"You gotta love 'em!

Teacher: If you had 10 chocolate cakes and a friend asked for 2, how many would you have left?

Teacher: Ok, let's say you had 10 chocolate cakes and a friend forcibly took 2 of them, what would have left?

~

FOOKIN QUALITY, THAT'S ME GIRL! "

Good girl!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"When my youngest daughter was about 7, she said to me, "Mum? How long would you say my bum-crack is?"

I said I had no idea and why did she want to know. She replied, "My maths homework is to estimate the length of something."

"

Definitely got her mother's way of thinking then

"You gotta love 'em!

~

it is funny but if my child was being taught basic maths like that at 14 I would be worried and speaking to the school! My 7 year olds maths homework is way past that stage

"When my youngest daughter was about 7, she said to me, "Mum? How long would you say my bum-crack is?"

"

Brilliant!!!

Best reply to a gcse question I have seen is:

Q.Name one sport where you would expect to see a Ladder competition.

A. High Board diving

Best note i ever received excusing a kid from pe:

Please excuse our Jimmy from doing swimming today - his trunks a still a bit damp.

When i was talking to my daughter about going to the zoo and going to see some Lions i asked her what sound they make she went 'MEOWWWWWW' (really loudly and like a child would roar)

i said 'not quite, the go ROARRR'

she then comes back at me with 'but mummy you said a lion was just a big cat'

one seriously proud mum.. she was 2 and a half at the time

"When i was talking to my daughter about going to the zoo and going to see some Lions i asked her what sound they make she went 'MEOWWWWWW' (really loudly and like a child would roar)

one seriously proud mum.. she was 2 and a half at the time "

When mine learned to talk I started a book of funny things they said. I still put things in it now. It makes me laugh when I look back at it.

"You gotta love 'em!

~

"You gotta love 'em!

~

FOOKIN QUALITY, THAT'S ME GIRL! it is funny but if my child was being taught basic maths like that at 14 I would be worried and speaking to the school! My 7 year olds maths homework is way past that stage"

lol, was thinking that myself!

"When i was talking to my daughter about going to the zoo and going to see some Lions i asked her what sound they make she went 'MEOWWWWWW' (really loudly and like a child would roar)

one seriously proud mum.. she was 2 and a half at the time

When mine learned to talk I started a book of funny things they said. I still put things in it now. It makes me laugh when I look back at it. "

That is one of the most brilliant ideas I have heard of for a long long time - gonna nick it

Picking my 6 yr old son up from school one day his teacher asked if she could have a word......she showed me a picture that my son had drawn that day... It was a naked woman with massive boobs and a hairy fanny.... Underneath he had written..my Aunty came to our house last night! I just wanted the ground to open up!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

One of the nephews asked how one of our friends had suddenly become 'uncled'. We're not always consistent with the aunt/uncle prefix for friends.

My 6 year old stuck his 2 fingers up at me today and said what does this mean so I said 'fuck off' he was shocked then asked if you do it the other way does it mean that 2 I said no it means peace. After a couple of minutes he said mummy if i do this (v sign then peace sign) does it mean fuck off and give me peace? I was pmsl

oh and btw he spelt out fuck off just in case anyone thinks I let my 6 year old swear lol xxx

Years ago, My friend brought her 3 year old to visit, ny then boyfriend answered the door, she looked up at him, stared really hard at him then said...

" what are you? "

Pissed myself laughing...I think she meant WHO are you?

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Years ago, My friend brought her 3 year old to visit, ny then boyfriend answered the door, she looked up at him, stared really hard at him then said...

" what are you? "

Pissed myself laughing...I think she meant WHO are you?"

No, I'm sure she knew what she meant to say.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"My 6 year old stuck his 2 fingers up at me today and said what does this mean so I said 'fuck off' he was shocked then asked if you do it the other way does it mean that 2 I said no it means peace. After a couple of minutes he said mummy if i do this (v sign then peace sign) does it mean fuck off and give me peace? I was pmsl

oh and btw he spelt out fuck off just in case anyone thinks I let my 6 year old swear lol xxx"

Did you really say 'fuck off' in front of a 6 year old?

"Years ago, My friend brought her 3 year old to visit, ny then boyfriend answered the door, she looked up at him, stared really hard at him then said...

" what are you? "

Pissed myself laughing...I think she meant WHO are you?

No, I'm sure she knew what she meant to say."

you're probably right... she's the same one who would call her dad 'Margaret' and tell him how feeble he looked. lol!

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Have to say I would not be impressed if my daughter had said something like that at that age to a teacher...

And as has already been pointed out....

Is that really the maths she is being taught at 14yrs old????

"Have to say I would not be impressed if my daughter had said something like that at that age to a teacher...

And as has already been pointed out....

Is that really the maths she is being taught at 14yrs old???? "

For god's sake, it was a joke. No she isn't being taught maths at that level at 14 but the quip was made as part of a wider conversation in the group. Why do people have to take things so literally.

"

For god's sake, it was a joke. No she isn't being taught maths at that level at 14 but the quip was made as part of a wider conversation in the group. Why do people have to take things so literally. "

It was a quip made as part of a wider conversation in the group????

What conversation?

What group??

Well I found it worth a laugh, regardless of origin.

"

For god's sake, it was a joke. No she isn't being taught maths at that level at 14 but the quip was made as part of a wider conversation in the group. Why do people have to take things so literally.

It was a quip made as part of a wider conversation in the group????

What conversation?

What group??

"

er... classroom + teacher + kids = ???

Come on, basic maths here?

Hopefully this is mostly bullshit for a cheap laugh - people aren't actually proud of their kids for those things are they?!

Classroom + Teacher + Kids = School

Nothing wrong with my maths

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

When the 6 o'clock news showed a picture of a bloke wanted by the police, our nipper said "why didn't they grab him when they took his photo?"

m nephew(11) commenting on a relationship said to me, "theres a 40% chance of that relationship working", I asked why and he said, "just on the age difference alone!"

I dunno where the 40% came from anyway

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"My 6 year old stuck his 2 fingers up at me today and said what does this mean so I said 'fuck off' he was shocked then asked if you do it the other way does it mean that 2 I said no it means peace. After a couple of minutes he said mummy if i do this (v sign then peace sign) does it mean fuck off and give me peace? I was pmsl

oh and btw he spelt out fuck off just in case anyone thinks I let my 6 year old swear lol xxx"

Is that the way you talk to your six year old?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

oh and btw he spelt out fuck off just in case anyone thinks I let my 6 year old swear lol xxx

Is that the way you talk to your six year old? "

im more amazed the child knows how to spell fuck off

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Is that the way you talk to your six year old? im more amazed the child knows how to spell fuck off "

He's very good at spelling sound it out lol xx

» Add a new message to this topic