FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Oscars 2022 - From Will's slap to Encanto Performance

Oscars 2022 - From Will's slap to Encanto Performance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did anyone stay up to watch?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nah only only saw clip of da slap after a forumite pointed it out

Gonna watch whole thing today any good?

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

Nope don’t waste my time watching any awards ceremony’s all those overpaid people congratulating each other and their ridiculous speeches thanking every Tom dick and Harry.

Yes I watched it from start to finish.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Was that a real punch ?

Why did I feel it was a bit stagey ?

Answers on a doughnut please to G.Crumpet c/o the lounge.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I’ve just seen the ‘slap’ clip on social media

I can’t decide if it’s staged or not as don’t think it’s doing Will any favours so why do it if it was staged?

He was clearly seen laughing before his wife rolled her eyes then he goes on stage to slap Chris.

Not sure what to think of it

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Awards presenters, especially comedians, have always pull this sort of stuff. And typically because the ‘targets’ are in the same room the jokes are a lot tamer than they would be at an individual show. I didn’t think the joke was that bad, but it wasn’t about me or one of my loved ones. Will’s natural reaction was to laugh it off but he would have been seething inside and then Jada’s reaction would have been the determining factor. You often see these situations at shows like this and it’s ‘expected’ that the audience are almost ‘fair game’ but sometimes things just don’t go down well.

I dont think you can always say that violence isn’t the answer though. Sometimes people say or do things that deserve a slap IMO

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I listened twice cos I couldn't see the 'insult' ......

He said G.I. Jane2, I can't wait to see it ?

Where's the insult ?

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said you're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The annoying thing was that will smith found the joke funny right up until his wife basically gave him the skunk eye! Then went all macho…

Basically he assaulted someone working in their workplace and it was bang out of order… he is lucky rock isn’t pressing charges! (Save the revenge for the next Netflix special!)

Actually the 3 women making the cuckold joke about him earlier was worse…

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I found the whole thing refreshing in the context of modern times. Chris told a joke close to the bone regarding Will's wife who has alopecia. Will give him a slap, Chris realises fair one, everyone cracks on with the show. No Chirs crying and winning Will has assaulted me. No Will campaigning to get Chris cancelled by every organisation for making a joke. I would say both guys sorted it out and it's done and over with, old school.

"The annoying thing was that will smith found the joke funny right up until his wife basically gave him the skunk eye! Then went all macho…

Basically he assaulted someone working in their workplace and it was bang out of order… he is lucky rock isn’t pressing charges! (Save the revenge for the next Netflix special!)

Actually the 3 women making the cuckold joke about him earlier was worse…"

What cuckold joke?

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

"The annoying thing was that will smith found the joke funny right up until his wife basically gave him the skunk eye! Then went all macho…

Actually the 3 women making the cuckold joke about him earlier was worse…

What cuckold joke?"

The 3 female hosts had earlier made a joke/reference to Will being a cuckold

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Actually the 3 women making the cuckold joke about him earlier was worse…"

Ahh but we all know ripping on ENM folk is fair game right?

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

That slap was meant for August (guy who banged his wife) Chris took 1 for the team haha

But I condone all forms of violence that being said

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple  over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

Chris Rock makes a joke way too close to the bone, probably thinking that after they spent time on the Madagascar films together that he could pull a gag like that.

Poor taste, he forgot the part where Demi Moore shaved her head for the film and Jada suffers from a disease.

Will's allowed to change his mind. Think something is funny and then change mood because it's offended his SO is perfectly OK.

What happened after that is just mind boggling, cringey and awful television. They should both be ashamed of themselves.

Leave the offensive humour to someone like Ricky Gervais who is actually funny but also knows where the line is.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

All looked a bit staged to me, men don’t slap each other they punch and Chris Rock has his hands behind his back which is not natural either if it was for real.

"All looked a bit staged to me, men don’t slap each other they punch and Chris Rock has his hands behind his back which is not natural either if it was for real."

It definitely wasn't staged especially the foul language that Will Smith was shouting after he sat back down. Why would you stage something that could potentially damage your Career? I did initially when I watched it think it was staged but then you can see the look of shock dawning on Chris Rocks face and and the rant that followed from Will Smith.

"Chris Rock makes a joke way too close to the bone, probably thinking that after they spent time on the Madagascar films together that he could pull a gag like that.

Poor taste, he forgot the part where Demi Moore shaved her head for the film and Jada suffers from a disease.

Will's allowed to change his mind. Think something is funny and then change mood because it's offended his SO is perfectly OK.

What happened after that is just mind boggling, cringey and awful television. They should both be ashamed of themselves.

Leave the offensive humour to someone like Ricky Gervais who is actually funny but also knows where the line is. "

The whole sentence went like this, Jada I love you, can't wait for GI Jane 2, Awwww that was a nice one. I took it to mean you rock the GI Jane look.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"All looked a bit staged to me, men don’t slap each other they punch and Chris Rock has his hands behind his back which is not natural either if it was for real.

It definitely wasn't staged especially the foul language that Will Smith was shouting after he sat back down. Why would you stage something that could potentially damage your Career? I did initially when I watched it think it was staged but then you can see the look of shock dawning on Chris Rocks face and and the rant that followed from Will Smith. "

To be fair if you watched the footage being dissected you can actually see Chris leaning in, bent forwards and already tensing in preparation before the slap comes. All signs of a setup to "pull a punch"

The slap lands but it barely touches him. These are both actors don't forget. And also fairly good friends.

It is still highly up for debate how fake or real it is.

"All looked a bit staged to me, men don’t slap each other they punch and Chris Rock has his hands behind his back which is not natural either if it was for real.

It definitely wasn't staged especially the foul language that Will Smith was shouting after he sat back down. Why would you stage something that could potentially damage your Career? I did initially when I watched it think it was staged but then you can see the look of shock dawning on Chris Rocks face and and the rant that followed from Will Smith.

To be fair if you watched the footage being dissected you can actually see Chris leaning in, bent forwards and already tensing in preparation before the slap comes. All signs of a setup to "pull a punch"

The slap lands but it barely touches him. These are both actors don't forget. And also fairly good friends.

It is still highly up for debate how fake or real it is."

I disagree because I just think to what end? Also if that was staged then it's a pretty shitty thing to do a especially as the common was aimed at Jada And people have taken it As Chris taking the piss out of her for having alopecia so again to what end?

"Chris Rock makes a joke way too close to the bone, probably thinking that after they spent time on the Madagascar films together that he could pull a gag like that.

Leave the offensive humour to someone like Ricky Gervais who is actually funny but also knows where the line is.

The whole sentence went like this, Jada I love you, can't wait for GI Jane 2, Awwww that was a nice one. I took it to mean you rock the GI Jane look. "

Perhaps but there's ambiguity in the language and he clearly says it for a laugh at her expense, that's what hurts her. He could have transitioned from Penelope Cruz to Jada by saying from one beautiful lady's husband to another, Will Smith. Jada, you look incredible etc etc and you know then that he's paying her a compliment. He was there to present an award for best documentary feature and as far as I know Javier, Penelope, Will or Jada had no involvement in that category.

The whole sentence went like this, Jada I love you, can't wait for GI Jane 2, Awwww that was a nice one. I took it to mean you rock the GI Jane look.

Perhaps but there's ambiguity in the language and he clearly says it for a laugh at her expense, that's what hurts her. He could have transitioned from Penelope Cruz to Jada by saying from one beautiful lady's husband to another, Will Smith. Jada, you look incredible etc etc and you know then that he's paying her a compliment. He was there to present an award for best documentary feature and as far as I know Javier, Penelope, Will or Jada had no involvement in that category.

"

That's interesting because in my opinion it's pretty much the same thing and it comes back to a debate that's being had on another thread in relation to how we all take things. I genuinely don't see a massive issue with what he said, We are all assuming it was a dig at her alopecia yet we have no idea if that's true.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Just watched it again from another angle (thanks Twitter) and it does appear that Will Smith did connect with Chris Rocks face. Plus neither have claimed it was a ‘stunt’ afterwards, if it was, why not admit to it ?

Plus his swearing at him afterwards seemed to be genuine and unrehearsed.

By *for2Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"I listened twice cos I couldn't see the 'insult' ......

Where's the insult ?"

Will Smiths wife Jada has suffered/struggled with Alopecia for years she gave up last year and shaved her head only to have it taken the piss out of by Chris Rock referencing her to GI Jane (where Demi Moore shaved her head). He stood up for his wife and slapped the dickead, so I say Bloody Good for Will!

She rolled her eyes and wasn't laughing.

But she's clearly wrong for being offended or upset, everyone else laughed at her. She and Will should have laughed too.

It was a lovely compliment, making reference to her hair loss.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"She rolled her eyes and wasn't laughing.

But she's clearly wrong for being offended or upset, everyone else laughed at her. She and Will should have laughed too.

It was a lovely compliment, making reference to her hair loss. "

You really ought to add the "(ps. sarcasm)" notice Outsider, as there are some here who will otherwise fail to recognise it...

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

"I listened twice cos I couldn't see the 'insult' ......

Where's the insult ?"

It's a reference to Jada not having hair. Demi Moore shaved hers for a role (GI Jane) Jada shaved hers as she has alopecia

That's interesting because in my opinion it's pretty much the same thing and it comes back to a debate that's being had on another thread in relation to how we all take things. I genuinely don't see a massive issue with what he said, We are all assuming it was a dig at her alopecia yet we have no idea if that's true. "

Each to their own Lorna. If that's how you view it then fair enough. Hope you can continue to voice your opinion in the forums without being shouted down or rude responses implying your wrong.

I see it differently and that's OK. That's what make the world a wonderful place (sometimes)

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Have to admit when I saw the slap I thought it was staged but when Will Smith started shouting and swearing I thought different. Surprised they didn’t have the 5 minute delay on that they used to have

I'm behind Will Smith the whole way. Whether it was fake or not is immaterial, Chris Rock still made the comment. A comedian knows when their jokes are close to the bone. Will was perfectly justified in defending his wife. You could clearly see Chris did a double take following the punch, he was not expecting it. Yes maybe Will could have reacted differently but his reaction was justified in my opinion x

"Have to admit when I saw the slap I thought it was staged but when Will Smith started shouting and swearing I thought different. Surprised they didn’t have the 5 minute delay on that they used to have"

They will in future!!

» Add a new message to this topic