FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Antoni Dobrowolski

Antoni Dobrowolski

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iew OP   Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

The oldest known surviving prisoner from the Nazi death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau has died in Poland at the age of 108.

Antoni Dobrowolski was a primary school teacher who held secret classes during the World War Two occupation of his country when education was banned by the German occupiers.

may someday we learn and stop such cruelty xx

sleep well Antoni xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I was an apprentice baker I was trained by an old Polish guy who had survived the death camps. He had his prison number tattooed on his arm, refused to have it layered off as it was a homage to those who never survived. He told my some terrible stories of those dark days.

The evil that mankind can do is astounding. Hopefully one day it will cease.

RIP Antoni

"The oldest known surviving prisoner from the Nazi death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau has died in Poland at the age of 108.

Antoni Dobrowolski was a primary school teacher who held secret classes during the World War Two occupation of his country when education was banned by the German occupiers.

sleep well Antoni xxx"

Hear, hear. Thankfully there were enough people like him willing to take the consequences for keeping the light of freedom of thought and speech alive in the face of real and present danger to his life. RIP Antoni

"The oldest known surviving prisoner from the Nazi death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau has died in Poland at the age of 108.

sleep well Antoni xxx

Hear, hear. Thankfully there were enough people like him willing to take the consequences for keeping the light of freedom of thought and speech alive in the face of real and present danger to his life. RIP Antoni

"

Amen.

R.I.P Antoni.

Well said View.

People like Antoni are sadly often missing from the queue when the medals are being handed out, but we all recognise heroic behavior when we see it. Lets hope his 'medal' is that he will never be forgotten.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Thanks for posting this View. Keeping the memory alive is the only way to stop people from making the same mistakes.

Peace at last to Antoni.

"Thanks for posting this View. Keeping the memory alive is the only way to stop people from making the same mistakes.

Peace at last to Antoni."

When you choose to ignore history, it has an annoying habit of repeating itself...

By *iew OP   Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I got a lovely message from someone and it said the following.....

'He's not died, he's gone to show morality and courage elsewhere.'

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

may someday we learn and stop such cruelty xxnd

sleep well Antoni xxx"

Thanks for starting this thread it serves as a sobering reminder that the seeds of genocide are sown in the exploitation of intolerance and hate shown by humans to other humans.

R.I.P

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

The millions who suffered and died during the holocaust must never be allowed to just fade away into the history books.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

This is the most emotive thread ive seen on here for along while. Im sat here with tears streaming down my face. I know so little but jay has taught me quite a bit about the consentration camps.

He's Jewish but his main family lived over here.

Its almost impossible to understand what humans are capable of.

It affected me when i went to the holding camp in belguim and that was "mild" by consentration camp standards

South Devon

"This is the most emotive thread ive seen on here for along while. Im sat here with tears streaming down my face. I know so little but jay has taught me quite a bit about the consentration camps.

It affected me when i went to the holding camp in belguim and that was "mild" by consentration camp standards"

Sadly it's only too easy to understand..be the motivation, political...religion...economics..race..groups will suspend 'normal' human behaviour when they are manipulated by any of the above factors into perceiving an 'enemy' as less than human..

Cambodia, Eastern Timor, Rwanda, Sudan, Kosovo are post WW2 cases of genocide that tragically bear witness to this.

"This is the most emotive thread ive seen on here for along while. Im sat here with tears streaming down my face. I know so little but jay has taught me quite a bit about the consentration camps.

It affected me when i went to the holding camp in belguim and that was "mild" by consentration camp standards

Sadly it's only too easy to understand..be the motivation, political...religion...economics..race..groups will suspend 'normal' human behaviour when they are manipulated by any of the above factors into perceiving an 'enemy' as less than human..

Cambodia, Eastern Timor, Rwanda, Sudan, Kosovo are post WW2 cases of genocide that tragically bear witness to this."

As i said its only as ive gotten older ive started to understand. Ive learnt that they saw them as less than human, i couldnt get this into my head to start with, but when your brain washed into thinking that other human beings are less worthy than horses and pigs you can see how there mentality was set.

Im still at the early learning stages, jay reads and reads and has been to lots of camps and hes patient with me, when explaining it all. He reads sad books about single peoples experiences.

It really hit home when i went to fort breendonk althogh i said it was more of a holding camp. It was so so sad,

[Removed by poster at 23/10/12 12:42:43]

Cambodia, Eastern Timor, Rwanda, Sudan, Kosovo are post WW2 cases of genocide that tragically bear witness to this.

As i said its only as ive gotten older ive started to understand. Ive learnt that they saw them as less than human, i couldnt get this into my head to start with, but when your brain washed into thinking that other human beings are less worthy than horses and pigs you can see how there mentality was set.

Im still at the early learning stages, jay reads and reads and has been to lots of camps and hes patient with me, when explaining it all. He reads sad books about single peoples experiences.

It really hit home when i went to fort breendonk althogh i said it was more of a holding camp. It was so so sad,"

Don't know if you've seen any of it, but BBC4 are re-running a series called 'A warning from history' (If ever there was an apt title!!) which explains in a straightforward, but easy to understand way how the Nazis operated, how they convinced a nation to hate one race, subjugated that same race and set about exterminating them. All this from a country which was, in many ways, more 'cultured' than our own... Truly disturbing...

It really hit home when i went to fort breendonk althogh i said it was more of a holding camp. It was so so sad,

Don't know if you've seen any of it, but BBC4 are re-running a series called 'A warning from history' (If ever there was an apt title!!) which explains in a straightforward, but easy to understand way how the Nazis operated, how they convinced a nation to hate one race, subjugated that same race and set about exterminating them. All this from a country which was, in many ways, more 'cultured' than our own... Truly disturbing... "

I will look out for that, at the moment im learning about fromm and his condom empire and doctor brant the death doctor

South Devon

It really hit home when i went to fort breendonk althogh i said it was more of a holding camp. It was so so sad,"

You are right it's depressingly, numbingly sad...hopefully we can all learn from this, to try and apply reason, to try and understand, and above all not to translate our fear into hate.

» Add a new message to this topic