FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Perception

Perception

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We all use it.

Does it interpret the way we read things such as a message or thread?

For example, if someone is in a negative mood, will the said text be read negatively?

The same for being in a positive and happy mood, will the text be taken in a jovial manner?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Negativity breeds negativity and so on. Some are openly negative and back peddle and say they are not when challenged, and vice versa....i have seen threads turn positive and i have seen threads turn negative with just one or two posts. The melting pot that is the forums.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What if something was written positively and read negatively?

It seems that part of the starter pack for the forums is a large sack of salt and a big shovel...oh! And a sense of humour is optional

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's hard to know what people really mean when we just have words to go off. We don't have the body language to show that someone is joking... Or aggressive... Etc.

I respond to things differently depending on what mood I'm in. I'd think most people are the same.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What if something was written positively and read negatively?

It seems that part of the starter pack for the forums is a large sack of salt and a big shovel...oh! And a sense of humour is optional "

it can work both ways, some people are clever and put a huge amount of ambiguity to enable whats written to be interpreted as other posters see fit. Be it a fluff thread of a serious one.

"What if something was written positively and read negatively?

It seems that part of the starter pack for the forums is a large sack of salt and a big shovel...oh! And a sense of humour is optional "

There and again some people will hope their words are perceived as positive while there is an underling agenda they wish to portray without it being open and obvious. The dictionary has a word for this and its called devious. Often you find though the reader is more intelligent than the sender and is able to unmask the deception. Its not new though as it was going on with the Romans and Greeks on parchment so I would not worry.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

In private messages, if I am not sure how to take something and think it can have more than one meaning, I tend to ask them what they meant before saying anything else.

In the forum I am less likely to give a fuck.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Oowww I just thought of something else.

I have been told quite a few times that people can tell when I am pissed off by how much I start to swear. The truth is quite the opposite.

I swear because I find it amusing to do so.... the more I swear the more I am enjoying myself.

Same rule applies in bed.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's all about perception, isn't it? If you only have one eye then depth perception is not possible.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Oowww I just thought of something else.

I have been told quite a few times that people can tell when I am pissed off by how much I start to swear. The truth is quite the opposite.

I swear because I find it amusing to do so.... the more I swear the more I am enjoying myself.

Same rule applies in bed."

So, beware the profanity free Polo posts?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know, i know i cried at a thread today and its very rare that happens, guess i must be emotional today without knowing it.

Only once though in all the time ive had a computer has a thread offended/upset me and that was on here about 3 years ago.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 23/10/12 12:45:25]

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

a huge part of face to face communication is non verbal. Expressions, body language, small movements of face whilst speaking or listening. These all combine to tell us how to take what is being said. With the written word we have none of this so determining the mood of a message depends on word choice and ultimately our own mood when we read it. That is why so many text messages, letters etc are taken the wrong way, hence the rise of emoticons to convey a sense of the missing minutae from face to face communication. Look i'm happy...

"Oowww I just thought of something else.

Same rule applies in bed."

Fuuuuuuccckkkkkk!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic