FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hospital.

Hospital.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My dads back in a it was over 1 hour sitting in ambulance out side hospitel and in AE 9 nine hours before we go him in a bed and god you see all sorts there .. you come out think how crazy and mixed up things are well I did going back today.. Just wish people had time to sit me and mum down say this maybe going on .. But they have no time. They said they have had to make cut backs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not a competition but; my dad was discharged at 11.30 am yesterday and told he could go home now; he only had PJ's with him cuz he was rushed in and had no money and they initally told him to make his own way home

he is 84 and cannot walk

after some rather gross words they conceeded and said they get amulance care car to take him home

he arrived home at 7.15pm last night and only lives 5 miles from hospital

oh and after all this time at least they fed him

Grrrrrrrrr

Stupid I remember living in Lincoln our son was just under 7 weeks old

He was late waking for feed I went to wake him he was stone cold I screamed n started CPR hubby on phone 999 is he breathing hubby no he's stone cold too

Oh is there any need to rush then

I was doing resus for 30 mins on my son till ambulance arrived and they walked in and walked out with him

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its easy to knock the NHS, the majority of staff work very hard under a lot of pressure from the trusts who make them jump through hoops, filling in stupid forms when they need to be with patients etc....Fence sitting for fear of a lawsuit as the trust states a, b, c.....granted there are some real doozies of medical staff, but in the majority i think they do a thankless task, where would we be without them?

"Its easy to knock the NHS, the majority of staff work very hard under a lot of pressure from the trusts who make them jump through hoops, filling in stupid forms when they need to be with patients etc....Fence sitting for fear of a lawsuit as the trust states a, b, c.....granted there are some real doozies of medical staff, but in the majority i think they do a thankless task, where would we be without them? "

Some nurses are good, some are bad, those that really care really do make a difference. When they are'nt bogged down by reams of paperwork 'necessary' to cover the Hospitals financial back that is...

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Its easy to knock the NHS, the majority of staff work very hard under a lot of pressure from the trusts who make them jump through hoops, filling in stupid forms when they need to be with patients etc....Fence sitting for fear of a lawsuit as the trust states a, b, c.....granted there are some real doozies of medical staff, but in the majority i think they do a thankless task, where would we be without them?

Some nurses are good, some are bad, those that really care really do make a difference. When they are'nt bogged down by reams of paperwork 'necessary' to cover the Hospitals financial back that is...

"

Exactly.

"Not a competition but; my dad was discharged at 11.30 am yesterday and told he could go home now; he only had PJ's with him cuz he was rushed in and had no money and they initally told him to make his own way home

he is 84 and cannot walk

after some rather gross words they conceeded and said they get amulance care car to take him home

Grrrrrrrrr "

my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Not a competition but; my dad was discharged at 11.30 am yesterday and told he could go home now; he only had PJ's with him cuz he was rushed in and had no money and they initally told him to make his own way home

he is 84 and cannot walk

Grrrrrrrrr my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad."

Question to you Jo....What would you have done if they hadnt made you wait a few hours and they had said...sorry, no room?

he is 84 and cannot walk

Grrrrrrrrr "

Easy to criticize the NHS, but could non of his family have picked him up.

he is 84 and cannot walk

Grrrrrrrrr my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad.Question to you Jo....What would you have done if they hadnt made you wait a few hours and they had said...sorry, no room?"

not sure as things was bad yesterday and mum cant cope as things was changing very fast, And i could only sit and look on . We had no choice but to sit there ,

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Stupid I remember living in Lincoln our son was just under 7 weeks old

He was late waking for feed I went to wake him he was stone cold I screamed n started CPR hubby on phone 999 is he breathing hubby no he's stone cold too

I was doing resus for 30 mins on my son till ambulance arrived and they walked in and walked out with him "

I have a different view: I woke up, my eight week son didn't. He was still warm so I started cpr whilst screaming for my husband to call the ambulance.

It seemed a minute before the ambulance arrived, sirens blaring. They took over and got my son's heart beating. We scooped up our girls, put our dressing gowns on and followed in the car.

I knew he was brain dead, but they tried for 12 hours before suggesting turning his life support off.

A couple months ago my 24 year old had chest pains and difficulty breathing. Within three minutes a rapid response car was at the door, followed soon after by the ambulance.

They took her to hospital, she had pneumonia. I have experienced good and bad with the NHS, but mainly good.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Its easy to knock the NHS, the majority of staff work very hard under a lot of pressure from the trusts who make them jump through hoops, filling in stupid forms when they need to be with patients etc....Fence sitting for fear of a lawsuit as the trust states a, b, c.....granted there are some real doozies of medical staff, but in the majority i think they do a thankless task, where would we be without them? "

As with all things you will find the odd tosser or the person having a bad day all over the place... the NHS is no different.

I have met the good, the bad and the fucking useless within the NHS. But I do know if left to their own devices the vast majority would do a brilliant job. But they are not left to their own devices and it saddens me to say that when it comes to the care of members of my family…. I’d sooner dig deep into my pockets and pay for it.

"Stupid I remember living in Lincoln our son was just under 7 weeks old

I was doing resus for 30 mins on my son till ambulance arrived and they walked in and walked out with him

I have a different view: I woke up, my eight week son didn't. He was still warm so I started cpr whilst screaming for my husband to call the ambulance.

It seemed a minute before the ambulance arrived, sirens blaring. They took over and got my son's heart beating. We scooped up our girls, put our dressing gowns on and followed in the car.

I knew he was brain dead, but they tried for 12 hours before suggesting turning his life support off.

A couple months ago my 24 year old had chest pains and difficulty breathing. Within three minutes a rapid response car was at the door, followed soon after by the ambulance.

They took her to hospital, she had pneumonia. I have experienced good and bad with the NHS, but mainly good."

So sorry for ur loss

Ours was SIDS was yours xxx

he is 84 and cannot walk

Grrrrrrrrr my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad.Question to you Jo....What would you have done if they hadnt made you wait a few hours and they had said...sorry, no room?"

Had a ;person who help run hospital come say sorry to me and mum and dad ... i know hard with cut backs and staff had been really nice too.

"Its easy to knock the NHS, the majority of staff work very hard under a lot of pressure from the trusts who make them jump through hoops, filling in stupid forms when they need to be with patients etc....Fence sitting for fear of a lawsuit as the trust states a, b, c.....granted there are some real doozies of medical staff, but in the majority i think they do a thankless task, where would we be without them?

As with all things you will find the odd tosser or the person having a bad day all over the place... the NHS is no different.

I have met the good, the bad and the fucking useless within the NHS. But I do know if left to their own devices the vast majority would do a brilliant job. But they are not left to their own devices and it saddens me to say that when it comes to the care of members of my family…. I’d sooner dig deep into my pockets and pay for it.

"

dirtybigbadsgirlville

he is 84 and cannot walk

Grrrrrrrrr my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad.Question to you Jo....What would you have done if they hadnt made you wait a few hours and they had said...sorry, no room? Had a ;person who help run hospital come say sorry to me and mum and dad ... i know hard with cut backs and staff had been really nice too."

Manager of A n E? Hospital Co ordinator? So what made you feel that you were keeping them from doing their job?

People turn up at A n E for for an array of ailments that can be treated by a GP or a walk in centre if they could be arsed to go, people who require urgent medical help often get seen as quickly as possible.

he is 84 and cannot walk

after some rather gross words they conceeded and said they get ambulances care car to take him home

Grrrrrrrrr my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad.Question to you Jo....What would you have done if they hadnt made you wait a few hours and they had said...sorry, no room? Had a ;person who help run hospital come say sorry to me and mum and dad ... i know hard with cut backs and staff had been really nice too.Manager of A n E? Hospital Co ordinator? So what made you feel that you were keeping them from doing their job?

People turn up at A n E for for an array of ailments that can be treated by a GP or a walk in centre if they could be arsed to go, people who require urgent medical help often get seen as quickly as possible."

We was sitting in the Ambulance out side AE as never had a space a bed and i felt if they had of given him a seat or something thy could have got back to there job as said lots of calls was coming in that day .. we was not only ones sitting in ambulance out side was 7 ambulances at one time.

We have found good and bad with NHS, on one occasion whilst visiting my father in hospital I was taken into a side room and told my father had terminal cancer and they didnt think there was anything they could do,we decided not to tell my father at this stage nor my mother. they dicharged him, but few weeks later he had an appointment to see consultant, whilst my father went on in to see him i quickly spoke to a nurse regarding the cancer,only to be told she didnt know what I was talking about, your father dosn't have cancer, he's had a nasty water infection..........however our daughter who has a rare condition was treated at gosh since birth right up until she was 18yrs old and they were fantastic with me and her.... so good and bad in all walks of life!!!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

he is 84 and cannot walk

after some rather gross words they conceeded and said they get ambulances care car to take him home

Grrrrrrrrr my god how could thay do that and not make sure he was safe and others around to help. I would have gone mad .. I was thinking sitting in Ambulance out side hospital .. we was keeping them from doing there job , .. Felt bad but could not do a thing until there was a bed in AE for dad.Question to you Jo....What would you have done if they hadnt made you wait a few hours and they had said...sorry, no room? Had a ;person who help run hospital come say sorry to me and mum and dad ... i know hard with cut backs and staff had been really nice too.Manager of A n E? Hospital Co ordinator? So what made you feel that you were keeping them from doing their job?

People turn up at A n E for for an array of ailments that can be treated by a GP or a walk in centre if they could be arsed to go, people who require urgent medical help often get seen as quickly as possible. We was sitting in the Ambulance out side AE as never had a space a bed and i felt if they had of given him a seat or something thy could have got back to there job as said lots of calls was coming in that day .. we was not only ones sitting in ambulance out side was 7 ambulances at one time."

I trust the paramedics had done his observations and deemed him not to be a priority case then.

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait.

he is 84 and cannot walk

People turn up at A n E for for an array of ailments that can be treated by a GP or a walk in centre if they could be arsed to go, people who require urgent medical help often get seen as quickly as possible. We was sitting in the Ambulance out side AE as never had a space a bed and i felt if they had of given him a seat or something thy could have got back to there job as said lots of calls was coming in that day .. we was not only ones sitting in ambulance out side was 7 ambulances at one time.I trust the paramedics had done his observations and deemed him not to be a priority case then.

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait."

no he had to be isolated thay said and no side room. As thay was not sure what was wrong ,

"My dads back in a it was over 1 hour sitting in ambulance out side hospitel and in AE 9 nine hours before we go him in a bed and god you see all sorts there .. you come out think how crazy and mixed up things are well I did going back today.. Just wish people had time to sit me and mum down say this maybe going on .. But they have no time. They said they have had to make cut backs. "

Well from my understanding they deal with the most urgent cases first. What did they eventually find wrong with him, has he a pre existing problem and is he still in hospital? Sorry reading this at best its all rather confusing at worse its incomprehensible.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

he is 84 and cannot walk

People turn up at A n E for for an array of ailments that can be treated by a GP or a walk in centre if they could be arsed to go, people who require urgent medical help often get seen as quickly as possible. We was sitting in the Ambulance out side AE as never had a space a bed and i felt if they had of given him a seat or something thy could have got back to there job as said lots of calls was coming in that day .. we was not only ones sitting in ambulance out side was 7 ambulances at one time.I trust the paramedics had done his observations and deemed him not to be a priority case then.

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait. no he had to be isolated thay said and no side room. As thay was not sure what was wrong ,"

Well now im totally confused

"My dads back in a it was over 1 hour sitting in ambulance out side hospitel and in AE 9 nine hours before we go him in a bed and god you see all sorts there .. you come out think how crazy and mixed up things are well I did going back today.. Just wish people had time to sit me and mum down say this maybe going on .. But they have no time. They said they have had to make cut backs.

Well from my understanding they deal with the most urgent cases first. What did they eventually find wrong with him, has he a pre existing problem and is he still in hospital? Sorry reading this at best its all rather confusing at worse its incomprehensible. "

We got the side room and had alsorts of tests and still thay was not sure or not saying and after 9 hours found him a bed .

"My dads back in a it was over 1 hour sitting in ambulance out side hospitel and in AE 9 nine hours before we go him in a bed and god you see all sorts there .. you come out think how crazy and mixed up things are well I did going back today.. Just wish people had time to sit me and mum down say this maybe going on .. But they have no time. They said they have had to make cut backs.

Well from my understanding they deal with the most urgent cases first. What did they eventually find wrong with him, has he a pre existing problem and is he still in hospital? Sorry reading this at best its all rather confusing at worse its incomprehensible. We got the side room and had alsorts of tests and still thay was not sure or not saying and after 9 hours found him a bed ."

So what were the symptoms, was it not deemed serious, if they made him wait 9 hours why the ambulance and what grounds have they kept him in for, is it age related a fall or some pre existing condition?

I know staff are busy in hospitals are busy but they do treat serious conditions promptly so why did he have to wait?

he is 84 and cannot walk

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait. no he had to be isolated thay said and no side room. As thay was not sure what was wrong ,Well now im totally confused "

He was being sick and pooing and just cant go into normal part of Hospital.Thy had to make sure not a risk to others they said . He fell over and they was thinking cracked his hip but all this other stuff started too.

The NHS has gone downhill a lot over the year, I know I worked for it for 18 years. I admit I was only a pen pusher but at least I dealt with patients. I got so delusional with the way it was being run by countless faceless Managers who wouldn't know what a patient was if it hit them in the face that I left. I still have a lot of respect for the service as we all should as the clinical staff do such a great job with the staff at their disposal but the red tape and managers just hammer them into the ground. Its such a shame its got that way and cutting millions of budgets will just make it worse I'm afraid. What the government needs to do is cut bureaucracy and get rid of all the useless pen pushing managers on monstorous salaries.

he is 84 and cannot walk

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait. no he had to be isolated thay said and no side room. As thay was not sure what was wrong ,Well now im totally confused He was being sick and pooing and just cant go into normal part of Hospital.Thy had to make sure not a risk to others they said . He fell over and they was thinking cracked his hip but all this other stuff started too."

So has he been abroad? Has he eaten anything dodgy? Why the ambulance, was it for the fall? How old is he? Sorry its all a little confusing reading it as a lot doesn't make sense as I am reading it. Maybe I shouldn't have started reading in the first place and kept my morning che.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I read it as....her dad was ill, the A&E was busy and full up ....her dad might have had an infectious illness so they kept him in the amubulance until they could find a side ward for him.

I also read it as Jo saying that they felt guilty as the ambulance could have doing other jobs.

I can't praise the staff enough whenever I've been in hospital, from the orderlies up everyone has treated me so very well and I'm still here to tell the tale.

However on one occasion when my GP visited me at home and phoned for an ambulance it took them two hours to get to me, from a station only ten minutes drive away.

Apparently one ambulance broke down on its way to me and they waited till the next shift started before sending out another.

Once they arrived I was rather surprised that the ambulance crew asked if they could take my own electronic thermometer into the back with us as they didn't carry one, just the old fashioned mercury one and my electronic one was giving us a more accurate reading.

I wish that more money was spent on the 'frontline troops' as it were, than on the administrative money management upper echelon each hospital seems to be top heavy with now.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I can't praise the staff enough whenever I've been in hospital, from the orderlies up everyone has treated me so very well and I'm still here to tell the tale.

However on one occasion when my GP visited me at home and phoned for an ambulance it took them two hours to get to me, from a station only ten minutes drive away.

Apparently one ambulance broke down on its way to me and they waited till the next shift started before sending out another.

Once they arrived I was rather surprised that the ambulance crew asked if they could take my own electronic thermometer into the back with us as they didn't carry one, just the old fashioned mercury one and my electronic one was giving us a more accurate reading.

I wish that more money was spent on the 'frontline troops' as it were, than on the administrative money management upper echelon each hospital seems to be top heavy with now.

"

I agree totally, its usually the frontline staff that take the brunt of peoples frustrations, and they have little recourse to help, as a staff member it can be very frustrating as often there is little they can do.

he is 84 and cannot walk

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait. no he had to be isolated thay said and no side room. As thay was not sure what was wrong ,Well now im totally confused He was being sick and pooing and just cant go into normal part of Hospital.Thy had to make sure not a risk to others they said . He fell over and they was thinking cracked his hip but all this other stuff started too.

So has he been abroad? Has he eaten anything dodgy? Why the ambulance, was it for the fall? How old is he? Sorry its all a little confusing reading it as a lot doesn't make sense as I am reading it. Maybe I shouldn't have started reading in the first place and kept my morning che. "

my dad has heart and a stroke 5 years ago and cant get around well .. and fall from his seat on his hip .. we was thinking go for x-ray and then all the other things started him being sick and stuff and breathing erratic .. I think they was thinking keep him in ambulance as safes place until they had room. Thy had him on drips and oxygen there.

"I read it as....her dad was ill, the A&E was busy and full up ....her dad might have had an infectious illness so they kept him in the amubulance until they could find a side ward for him.

I also read it as Jo saying that they felt guilty as the ambulance could have doing other jobs.

"

yes thats what i am saying ... i felt bad knowing thay should be on the road ,

[Removed by poster at 23/10/12 11:49:51]

he is 84 and cannot walk

It can be difficult as to you he was a priority case as he is your father, to them he was obviously someone who could wait. no he had to be isolated thay said and no side room. As thay was not sure what was wrong ,Well now im totally confused He was being sick and pooing and just cant go into normal part of Hospital.Thy had to make sure not a risk to others they said . He fell over and they was thinking cracked his hip but all this other stuff started too.

So has he been abroad? Has he eaten anything dodgy? Why the ambulance, was it for the fall? How old is he? Sorry its all a little confusing reading it as a lot doesn't make sense as I am reading it. Maybe I shouldn't have started reading in the first place and kept my morning che. my dad has heart and a stroke 5 years ago and cant get around well .. and fall from his seat on his hip .. we was thinking go for x-ray and then all the other things started him being sick and stuff and breathing erratic .. I think they was thinking keep him in ambulance as safes place until they had room. Thy had him on drips and oxygen there."

Ah now that makes lot more sense. They kept him stable in the ambulance waited for an x-ray I presume, did tests and found him a bed after deciding to admit him. 9 hours isn't fast but to do all that it would be unfair to expect it done in less than half a day even in the private sector.

Cutbacks don't speed things up but they seem to have done a decent job in my book reading back. I hope he recovers well and is out soon.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

They treated the ambulance as a mobile isolation room with quick response staff.on hand in case he suddenly took a turn for the worse bearing in mind his pre-existing health issues.

Yes it took an ambulance and team off the roads, but they were treating a current patient who they felt had a genuine need.

They are highly trained people who are.let down by the constant erosion of the NHS and they made the call which they felt was right for your dad.

I know a lot of good NHS staff and they all treat each case in isolation and focus totally on that patient until the patient moves on. The poor medical staff don't have that focus and pass the time with patients till it's hometime.

"They treated the ambulance as a mobile isolation room with quick response staff.on hand in case he suddenly took a turn for the worse bearing in mind his pre-existing health issues.

Yes it took an ambulance and team off the roads, but they were treating a current patient who they felt had a genuine need.

They are highly trained people who are.let down by the constant erosion of the NHS and they made the call which they felt was right for your dad.

I know a lot of good NHS staff and they all treat each case in isolation and focus totally on that patient until the patient moves on. The poor medical staff don't have that focus and pass the time with patients till it's hometime."

yes thay looked after him well ambulance staff ... lovely people too .

Sorry your dad went through this Jo hope he recovers well and soon. As for the other comments moaning about NHS staff etc, please bear in mind you have no idea what there morning has been like!!!! I was shouted at last year by a chap clearly had a few too many and showing off to his mates. He was made to wait 2 hours in the waiting area while we fought to save the life of a child. As the guy came into the area Drs check them out he saw the little person asked the dr was the child ok! The dr replied 'while you were shouting at my staff for waiting 2 hours with a sore hand we were trying to save the child's life and unfortunately after 5 hours we couldn't so please apologise to my staff as you have no idea what they have done today'. And the lad came and found me to say sorry. My point is you may think oh I got a grumpy nurse or think the nurse is crap but you have no idea what she has done that day.

"Sorry your dad went through this Jo hope he recovers well and soon. As for the other comments moaning about NHS staff etc, please bear in mind you have no idea what there morning has been like!!!! I was shouted at last year by a chap clearly had a few too many and showing off to his mates. He was made to wait 2 hours in the waiting area while we fought to save the life of a child. As the guy came into the area Drs check them out he saw the little person asked the dr was the child ok! The dr replied 'while you were shouting at my staff for waiting 2 hours with a sore hand we were trying to save the child's life and unfortunately after 5 hours we couldn't so please apologise to my staff as you have no idea what they have done today'. And the lad came and found me to say sorry. My point is you may think oh I got a grumpy nurse or think the nurse is crap but you have no idea what she has done that day. "
staff all lovely just wish new whats going on as thay dont say alot ... go back later and ask .Just you know thay have so much on .

By *edonism44Man  over a year ago

oldham

But off topic but my 64 year old mother was turfed out of her bed at 3.30 in the Morning stating they needed the bed. They then sent her to the discharge suite and then phoned me up atv7.30 to tell me she was ready to collect....

She was I with pneumonia fir gods sake !!!!!

Thanks royal oldham hospital !!!!

» Add a new message to this topic