FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Meeting Snobbery

Meeting Snobbery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Although many say it doesn't exist, it does.

How many profiles on Fab have 'professional' as their first choice of wording? Quite a few from what I have seen.

Do you think the people would meet someone who is having a hard time finding work or who doesn't want to work?

Does it really matter?

Do you ask someone what they do for a living before you play with them when swinging or dogging?

Do you ask if they wear the finest clothes when everyone is naked and playing?

Would you play with someone who classes themselves as high rollers or on the dolers? (see what I did there? )

What are your opinions?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ouple_SpondonCouple  over a year ago

Spondon

Personally, and because of a modicum of low self esteem, i would imagine these "professionals" wouldn't even give me the time of let alone get naked and sweaty with me!!

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

As I'm classed as the scum of Britain, I feel like I'm not good enough for people who are High rollers.

If someone talks posh, I clam up and go very shy.

Sad really.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Great post!

I am really not worried about what somebody does for a living if anything. I would say though that I am more likely to get on with people socially (and therefore probably also sexually) when we have some things in common; whether that is in the world of work, sport, hobbies and interests.

Does that answer the question?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course it really matters. People like to move in circles that they feel comfortable with.

I would suggest that only if you are fucking the moment the door is open, and the participants leave the moment it is over. only then does it not matter.

It's a question of personal preference and I fully support it.

Dammit hit enter before saying it isn't about the clothes, nor the upbringing, nor the job, it's about the manner in which you act and come across.

Surreycouple and Purring Pussy - that is really sad and I dont believe it should be the case. You will find people looking down on other people in all walks of life not just in the scene. But then you also find genuine, down to earth kind and sexy people when you look around.

"Dammit hit enter before saying it isn't about the clothes, nor the upbringing, nor the job, it's about the manner in which you act and come across."

Couldn't say I give a rats arse to be honest.

I would take 4 simple things into consideration with a _iew to arranging a meet or not :

Do they fit my criteria in terms of what I am looking for physically and sexually ?

Do I fit theirs ?

Do they seem like they are genuinely up for a meet rather than talking about it ?

Do we get on whilst chatting / bantering / exchanging messages ?

If the answer to all them is 'yes' then I would be happy to arrange something.

The first 3 are important but the last is key to whether I would meet or not.

If I find myself thinking 'this one is coming across as a bit of a dick' I would end the communication before it came to meeting.

Deviant City

"Surreycouple and Purring Pussy - that is really sad and I dont believe it should be the case. You will find people looking down on other people in all walks of life not just in the scene. But then you also find genuine, down to earth kind and sexy people when you look around. "

I am very lucky to find one guy who doesn't judge, but if we meet some one a little 'classier', I leave it to him to do the talking and initiate play.

I'm petrified of opening my common northern gob and frightening people away

Deviant City

this thread has made me realise how insecure I am about me, my current situation and my silly assumptions.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

when ya naked - if ya have hangups, they'll always come out rich or poor

"Surreycouple and Purring Pussy - that is really sad and I dont believe it should be the case. You will find people looking down on other people in all walks of life not just in the scene. But then you also find genuine, down to earth kind and sexy people when you look around.

I am very lucky to find one guy who doesn't judge, but if we meet some one a little 'classier', I leave it to him to do the talking and initiate play.

I'm petrified of opening my common northern gob and frightening people away"

Nothing common about a northern accent - it is all about perception. I for one really like the sound of a northern accent.

my opinion is yes we do, i dont think its snobbery at all.

It has nothing to do with class, but I do want to meet people who can have an educated conversation and may have similar _iews or interests as myself.

I do not buy into the idea that because you're naked it doesn't matter what clothes you wear. Nice clean well presented dress wear says to me that person goes the extra mile to look after themselves.

We would never play with a really good looking couple with no personality or who cannot string a sentence together, on the basis we dont need to talk to them.

You need to see the bigger picture behind the word "professional"

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

for me it is the way they conduct themselves, not what they do.

"my opinion is yes we do, i dont think its snobbery at all.

It has nothing to do with class, but I do want to meet people who can have an educated conversation and may have similar _iews or interests as myself.

I do not buy into the idea that because you're naked it doesn't matter what clothes you wear. Nice clean well presented dress wear says to me that person goes the extra mile to look after themselves.

We would never play with a really good looking couple with no personality or who cannot string a sentence together, on the basis we dont need to talk to them.

You need to see the bigger picture behind the word "professional""

I think I just have

and it's not one I like

Deviant City

"Surreycouple and Purring Pussy - that is really sad and I dont believe it should be the case. You will find people looking down on other people in all walks of life not just in the scene. But then you also find genuine, down to earth kind and sexy people when you look around.

I'm petrified of opening my common northern gob and frightening people awayNothing common about a northern accent - it is all about perception. I for one really like the sound of a northern accent. "

my accent is sooo broad! lol, it never used to be.

Before he retired, my dad owned and managed a number of businesses and was very successful with them, selling them on retirement to either an employee consortium or in one case to a multi national engineering firm.

I say this to add context to what follows not cos I want anyone to think I come from a privileged background (cos am as common as muck, but with a brain lol)

He would be what many would nowadays term 'a professional' or 'a successful businessman'

Despite this, throughout my childhood we lived in a 2up, 2down terraced house, he drove everyday cars (cavaliers, sierras and the like) and would only drink in spit n sawdust pubs.

He wasn't a miser, we were always looked after, but we were taught that hard work was the way forward and that flashing cash and status was vulgar.

His idea was that other people should like you for who you are, not who they think you are, who you want them to think you are or what (they think) you have or haven't got.

To use his term 'I can't be doing with ten bob millionaires'

I am very much a chip off the old block.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's not about clothes, job, or accent. It is all about connection, respect and attraction.

My brain does need to engaged before my body comes into play for a one to one meet. If that is snobbery, so be it.

Deviant City

"Before he retired, my dad owned and managed a number of businesses and was very successful with them, selling them on retirement to either an employee consortium or in one case to a multi national engineering firm.

I say this to add context to what follows not cos I want anyone to think I come from a privileged background (cos am as common as muck, but with a brain lol)

He would be what many would nowadays term 'a professional' or 'a successful businessman'

Despite this, throughout my childhood we lived in a 2up, 2down terraced house, he drove everyday cars (cavaliers, sierras and the like) and would only drink in spit n sawdust pubs.

He wasn't a miser, we were always looked after, but we were taught that hard work was the way forward and that flashing cash and status was vulgar.

His idea was that other people should like you for who you are, not who they think you are, who you want them to think you are or what (they think) you have or haven't got.

To use his term 'I can't be doing with ten bob millionaires'

I am very much a chip off the old block."

I like this

Well I don't need to worry about proffessionalism as my looks pretty much dont get me any replies or messages lol.

I can see why some people prefere proffessional people as stated in some posts, its nice to actually chat to one another rather than turning up and going straight to it then leaving.

For me personally anyone I can hold a conversation with or anyone who will take a chance to get to know me will suffice. It would be nice to make friends rather than just something quick.

By *eryCuriousCouple2012Couple  over a year ago

Funville

Doesn't bother us on iota whether someone is 'professional' or not.

Being a professional does not entitle one to a brain, the ability to converse coherently or be able to shag for Britain in our humble opinion.

We would much rather accept someone on their individual merits; get to know them and see if there is a mutual attraction or not rather than simply assume that being a 'professional' ticks all our boxes

Professional at what ? lol

Professional swingers ? can you make a career out of it ? Might just be tempted if it pays well enough

If a profile contains the word 'professional' I usually steer clear. The type of person that feels the need to put that on their profile probably isn't going to like me, so no point me getting in touch.

But... Likewise, if it said they were on the dole, I wouldn't want to meet them either.

If someone thought that their employment status was important to mention, we just wouldn't get on.

"Professional at what ? lol

Professional swingers ? can you make a career out of it ? Might just be tempted if it pays well enough "

A very good point. The word is bandied about so much now that everyone is a professional.

" The type of person that feels the need to put that on their profile probably isn't going to like me"

But everybody likes you

Apart from me

(just off to pop my job title on my profile)

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

you must of heard of the fab chapter of the masons (the fabmasons) they only meet each other and bare a breast and hop on one foot while shagging,i wont go into what the funny handshake is for .

On the serious side ,i dont really care what social standing someone comes from or their job (if they have one) .What matters is that there is a link between us, an attraction, a will to play and be friendly.

I don't particularly care about 'professionals' as I (Ms Erotes) have met everyone from plasterers to doctors. And guess which one was the most mind-numbingly boring meet despite us being academically compatible...?

Just goes to show.

maybe i am a snob. not bothered about expensive clothes, but i feel rightly or wrongly that certain men will be better behaved, more refined and gentlemanly.

as i am inviting men to my house i like to be careful.

dont always ask them what they do, but can get an idea of what they might be like by talking on the phone.

"you must of heard of the fab chapter of the masons (the fabmasons) they only meet each other and bare a breast and hop on one foot while shagging,i wont go into what the funny handshake is for .

On the serious side ,i dont really care what social standing someone comes from or their job (if they have one) .What matters is that there is a link between us, an attraction, a will to play and be friendly.

"

"I don't particularly care about 'professionals' as I (Ms Erotes) have met everyone from plasterers to doctors. And guess which one was the most mind-numbingly boring meet despite us being academically compatible...?

Just goes to show.

"

My experience also... hell did we meet the same people

When I think of posh people all I see is Harry Enfield......Tim nice but dim, sorry its just my sense of humour

I've had people stop messaging me (and in some cases block me) when I've told them I am not currently working and am sleeping on friends' floors. They haven't asked how that came about, they've just made assumptions.

If they're assuming I am some kind of uneducated, unambitious, lazy dropout, unable to form a coherent sentence, then they're way off the mark. It really is their loss and I'm glad they showed their nature early on.

I've almost certainly made incorrect assumptions too.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

God... Don't even look at us if you don't have a Bentley, a private jet and a private island somewhere hot...

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

"When I think of posh people all I see is Harry Enfield......Tim nice but dim, sorry its just my sense of humour "

When I think of posh people, I think of Wayne and Waynetta

"this thread has made me realise how insecure I am about me, my current situation and my silly assumptions.

"

Have to say that I am with you though as whilst I pay a mortgage, my house is slap bang in the middle of a council house, I am only an admin type worker, I buy 99% of my clothes from charity shops and drive a second hand car, I do feel uncomfortable when I meet someone who drives a porsche even worse when they park a space away from mine

By *aybe_amyWoman  over a year ago

Wales

I always think, professional what...? I'm sure most people could describe themselves as a professional something or other.

I'm sure some people think it makes them look pretty special to have it on their profile, but it doesn't help their case when they put proffesional, or proffessionel, or as I even saw once, profeshanal. Not that I'm the spelling and grammar police, but if you're trying to big yourself up by claiming to be a professional, at least no-one is going to think you're a proffeshunul proof-reeder!

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Must admit we prefer to meet with people in a similar intellectual level who don't just talk about bloody reality TV shows and soaps. Plus I ain't taking my nice car into a council estate

By *etes-dragonCouple  over a year ago

Wales and the South West

It just annoys the hell outta me when they put 'proffessional', 'proffesional', 'proffessionall' or any other form of 'professional' other then the 'professional professional'!

But hey .... who am I to judge! Im not professional! lol

"It's not about clothes, job, or accent. It is all about connection, respect and attraction.

My brain does need to engaged before my body comes into play for a one to one meet. If that is snobbery, so be it."

I like your thinking

"Must admit we prefer to meet with people in a similar intellectual level who don't just talk about bloody reality TV shows and soaps. Plus I ain't taking my nice car into a council estate "

But not all of us who live on a council estate talk about reality tv and soaps, cannot stand either of them, just dull crap

"Must admit we prefer to meet with people in a similar intellectual level who don't just talk about bloody reality TV shows and soaps. Plus I ain't taking my nice car into a council estate "

exactly

yumsville

does this mean i should be taking my socks off?

yumsville

so you mean people without intellect only come from council estates or are they soley found on newbuild mdf homes?

Deviant City

Not every council estate are there to ruin your 'nice' car.

just made me feel sick that comment

Deviant City

and I'm aware your all entitled to your opinions, but this is why I feel uncomfortable amongst snobs

yumsville

"and I'm aware your all entitled to your opinions, but this is why I feel uncomfortable amongst snobs"

umm i wouldnt park my car on some council estates either lol nothing snobby - i just want to get home! lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Makes me laugh when people harp on all the while about what theyve got. Im afraid id be bored to tears in there company for more than five minutes, if they cant laugh and joke but have to tell everyone what they have materially.

I do like someone on my wave length who i sit comfortable with

"Must admit we prefer to meet with people in a similar intellectual level who don't just talk about bloody reality TV shows and soaps. Plus I ain't taking my nice car into a council estate

Not every council estate are there to ruin your 'nice' car.

just made me feel sick that comment"

I am really uncomfortable with statements like this, too. I have many friends from all walks in life, some are from council estates, some are not. As far as a car is concerned... mine was vandalised in what is considered a very "lush suburban" area. I rest my case

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am from Brixton... However I can count and spell well sometimes... Lived on a Council Estate.. However I would like to think that I can mingle with everyone..

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 22/10/12 17:51:30]

My nana used to say, it's not how hard a person's accent is it's how hard you listen that counts.

Meaning if I didn't find something in common with anyone then I should see myself as having the shortcoming, not the other person.

It doesn't bother me what someone does for a living, but they have to interest me, be able to communicate with me and have a similar outlook on life.

It is more about how people conduct themselves that I am interested in. I won't be drawn to brashness, people who get d*unk, who swear a lot, because I don't do that and I have nothing in common with those who have that type of personality. It probably does make me a snob in some peoples eyes,

yumsville

"

My nana used to say, it's not how hard a person's accent is it's how hard you listen that counts.

Meaning if I didn't find something in common with anyone then I should see myself as having the shortcoming, not the other person.

"

what if theyre a nutter

Don't really buy into the concept of class, class has nothing to do with the economic bracket the individual happens to fall into or cut glass English elocution - FAR more to do with how the individual conducts themselves on a personal level.

although in saying that - not into year round slobby sports casual wearers or loud obnoxious uncouth types irrespective of what salary tier they belong to!

"

what if theyre a nutter "

I fit right in then.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Anybody that considers themselves too good for anyone else simply due to materialistic items....

Can kiss my ass

"

"

I quite agree with this statement.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Why would it be your shortcoming if you had nothing in common with someone?

Dont agree with that at all....

Its good to remember that in circumstances the fortune and wealth that you have can end so while you look down to those in a council estate.. You may very well find yourself asking the council to house you when you loose everything due to circumstances.. Life is funny at times...

Its really nice to be important but its important to be nice

"Why would it be your shortcoming if you had nothing in common with someone?

Dont agree with that at all...."

My nana was a humble woman but a confident woman.

She also used to say to me I'd never stand out in a crowd.

Her ideal was that everyone was equal, none better than any other, and as long as you could talk and listen you could find something in common with everyone.

I've found that saying to be true whether talking with royalty or toddlers.

"Its good to remember that in circumstances the fortune and wealth that you have can end so while you look down to those in a council estate.. You may very well find yourself asking the council to house you when you loose everything due to circumstances.. Life is funny at times... "
Quite - you can never take anything for granted in life. But apart from that... it is about having something in common with people and that seems to be a common theme through most posts on here. Can I have something in common with somebody who comes from a council estate? Absolutely. Do I NECESSARILY have something in common with somebody who lives in Mayfair? Not at all.

yumsville

"Do I NECESSARILY have something in common with somebody who lives in Mayfair? Not at all. "

they are quite rude you know

lol

"

If someone thought that their employment status was important to mention, we just wouldn't get on."

I agree with this, although I do like to chat with people and find out a bit about them just to make them into real, filled out people rather than 2 dimensional anybodies, but it's not the be all and end all.

"Do I NECESSARILY have something in common with somebody who lives in Mayfair? Not at all.

they are quite rude you know

lol"

Tell me about it lol - I went to a hair salon there some years ago and was quite shocked... Mind you not ALL of them were...

Deviant City

"Its good to remember that in circumstances the fortune and wealth that you have can end so while you look down to those in a council estate.. You may very well find yourself asking the council to house you when you loose everything due to circumstances.. Life is funny at times... "

this is very very true

"you must of heard of the fab chapter of the masons (the fabmasons) they only meet each other and bare a breast and hop on one foot while shagging,i wont go into what the funny handshake is for .

"

Yes, totally

"Although many say it doesn't exist, it does.

How many profiles on Fab have 'professional' as their first choice of wording? Quite a few from what I have seen.

Do you think the people would meet someone who is having a hard time finding work or who doesn't want to work?

Does it really matter?

Do you ask someone what they do for a living before you play with them when swinging or dogging?

Would you play with someone who classes themselves as high rollers or on the dolers? (see what I did there? )

What are your opinions?"

I'm not a snob at all I have met a guy that was unemployed and that didn't bother me what did was the two times we met I payed for everything, the first time we met we went for a drink and got a hotel after which I paid for and I got the drinks, the second time we went to a chams and booked a room for after, I payed for both and the bar bill, now tho I work I am a single mum and I just thought I have better things to spend my money on than a guy off here, so I will only meet guys who can pay their share, they don't have to have a great job just one that pays enough to go halfs on a meet

I don't think that make me a swinging snob

"Its good to remember that in circumstances the fortune and wealth that you have can end so while you look down to those in a council estate.. You may very well find yourself asking the council to house you when you loose everything due to circumstances.. Life is funny at times... Quite - you can never take anything for granted in life. But apart from that... it is about having something in common with people and that seems to be a common theme through most posts on here. Can I have something in common with somebody who comes from a council estate? Absolutely. Do I NECESSARILY have something in common with somebody who lives in Mayfair? Not at all. "

I grew up on a council estate, a huge step up from the bedsit and the B&B hostel. I live in one of the poorest areas in the country, with estates all around me. I'd better hide my profile and be grateful that some people deign to meet me at all.

Does it really matter?

What are your opinions?

I'm not a snob at all I have met a guy that was unemployed and that didn't bother me what did was the two times we met I payed for everything, the first time we met we went for a drink and got a hotel after which I paid for and I got the drinks, the second time we went to a chams and booked a room for after, I payed for both and the bar bill, now tho I work I am a single mum and I just thought I have better things to spend my money on than a guy off here, so I will only meet guys who can pay their share, they don't have to have a great job just one that pays enough to go halfs on a meet

I don't think that make me a swinging snob "

No, it does not. I completely understand that position and there is also something about a need for equality in a relationship, even if it is only a shortlived or swinging relationship.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"Why would it be your shortcoming if you had nothing in common with someone?

Dont agree with that at all....

My nana was a humble woman but a confident woman.

She also used to say to me I'd never stand out in a crowd.

Her ideal was that everyone was equal, none better than any other, and as long as you could talk and listen you could find something in common with everyone.

I've found that saying to be true whether talking with royalty or toddlers."

I like your nanna's thinking...

Does it really matter?

What are your opinions?

No it makes you sensible

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Personally - as I am not here to find a life-long partner - social class, education and employment status do not matter to me at all. These are not indicators of sexual compatibility. I have met women from backgrounds very different from my own and it has not caused any difficulties in bed whatsoever

But I totally understand why some people only want to meet others like themselves - that is their right. Perhaps they enjoy more of the social aspect of swinging and find that a lot simpler with people similar to themselves, nothing wrong with that and I don't feel it is snobbery. If you want a bit more than sex out of a meet it only makes sense to try to meet those people who you think you would have most in common with. Or even those with whom you would have most in common, if you're that way inclined.

I think some don't like seeing the term professional as they feel it excludes them, and let's face it nobody likes to feel excluded, but if you are getting way more messages than you can deal with (I can only dream of such a situation) what is wrong with trying to narrow the field a bit?

Not all people understand what is meant by professional either, and that goes as much for those who use it on their profiles as those who feel offended by the word.

Education, achievement's, intelligence, manners and all round personality comes into it. Some people from what could be classed as a professional background are nice and others not and the same goes from the lower classes. Its been sad before its who you are comfortable with and although its not the biggest contributing factor it still matters.

Does it really matter?

What are your opinions?

not a swinging snob at all, think your sensible only looking to pay halves now.

I can't work and was expected to settle a 2 night bill after the guy offered to pay half and he never did. He works for a well known world wide company and is on a good salary. I had to get a friend to fax through their credit card details as I didn't have enough cash in the bank.

Lessons learned.

"Of course it really matters. People like to move in circles that they feel comfortable with.

I would suggest that only if you are fucking the moment the door is open, and the participants leave the moment it is over. only then does it not matter.

It's a question of personal preference and I fully support it."

Fully agree it does matter, for me anyway.

I like men that can actually talk to me on my level as its isnt just a fuck its the whole rounded experience of erotic sensual earth shattering sex.

Fucking hilarious.

Still, this thread has helped show a few people who look very classy on my block list.

In answer to the OP, the fact someone is a professional wouldn't influence me on whether I wanted to have sex with them or not neither would it if they were out of work not through choice or had children to look after. However if someone didn't work simply because they didn't want to it might well as it would indicate a laziness which might extend to other areas?...

In terms of speech I often converse like I've swallowed a dictionary and like to think my vocabulary is extensive enough to be considered articulate. But I speak with a fairly strong north-eastern accent (comes from having a youth officer father who spoke like a headmaster, but also growing up ona rough council estate in Middlesbrough, a strange mix I'll grant you!

But where would I fit in with the whole shebang?

As someone who is from a council estate (and has scrimped & saved to live on the outskirts of another!) I find this assumption quite offensive. Why assume someone has zero intellect because of circumstance...my Mum was left to bring my sister and I up alone and a council house was the only way she could afford to keep a roof over our head...despite working before you jump to the next assumption. I have been brought up with a strong work ethic and since the age of 16 have always been in some form of employment, except when I say some of my University exams...my current job would be classed as 'professional', but I wouldn't ever look down on someone in a manual job, or even who was between jobs for whatever reason. I've had a meet with a guy who wasn't working, but volunteered in a soup kitchen whilst he found something and was intending to still volunteer when he could once employed...should he be looked down on too?

I'd rather meet someone with a personality and common sense, not a silver spoon and a sense of superiority over me and my incredibly broad Bolton accent (which I am proud of...I relish my heritage). Qualifications and job title are only part of a person. If someone can't be bothered to see the whole picture then I almost pity them as they could be missing out on some great experiences and distancing themselves from some truly fantastic people...and I don't just mean in the swinging world

"In answer to the OP, the fact someone is a professional wouldn't influence me on whether I wanted to have sex with them or not neither would it if they were out of work not through choice or had children to look after. However if someone didn't work simply because they didn't want to it might well as it would indicate a laziness which might extend to other areas?...

In terms of speech I often converse like I've swallowed a dictionary and like to think my vocabulary is extensive enough to be considered articulate. But I speak with a fairly strong north-eastern accent (comes from having a youth officer father who spoke like a headmaster, but also growing up on a rough council estate in Middlesbrough, a strange mix I'll grant you!

But where would I fit in with the whole shebang?"

...... room here to fit you in.

". If someone can't be bothered to see the whole picture then I almost pity them as they could be missing out on some great experiences and distancing themselves from some truly fantastic people...and I don't just mean in the swinging world"
I really llike your entire post but only quote this part for ease of reading... if I cannot communicate with somebody (on here/ in life) then there are definitely two parts to the equation... It could be them but then it could also be me. I think restricting oneself to only being with people from within one's own comfort zone is quite limiting and potentially a little boring also. I enjoy diversity in all sorts of situations including swinging.

"In answer to the OP, the fact someone is a professional wouldn't influence me on whether I wanted to have sex with them or not neither would it if they were out of work not through choice or had children to look after. However if someone didn't work simply because they didn't want to it might well as it would indicate a laziness which might extend to other areas?...

In terms of speech I often converse like I've swallowed a dictionary and like to think my vocabulary is extensive enough to be considered articulate. But I speak with a fairly strong north-eastern accent (comes from having a youth officer father who spoke like a headmaster, but also growing up on a rough council estate in Middlesbrough, a strange mix I'll grant you!

But where would I fit in with the whole shebang?

...... room here to fit you in. "

AGreed, he is in

No anyone can write complete twaddle about themselves, I'll stick with the trusted old single guys way, breath check, pulse check and erection up up and away

"No anyone can write complete twaddle about themselves, I'll stick with the trusted old single guys way, breath check, pulse check and erection up up and away "
Why make it so complicated? Breath and pulse are not that important?

"No anyone can write complete twaddle about themselves, I'll stick with the trusted old single guys way, breath check, pulse check and erection up up and away Why make it so complicated? Breath and pulse are not that important? "

Yes definately but a hard on helps as well

Shuffles back to my coil oil!

"No anyone can write complete twaddle about themselves, I'll stick with the trusted old single guys way, breath check, pulse check and erection up up and away Why make it so complicated? Breath and pulse are not that important?

Yes definately but a hard on helps as well "

Hey I have a great way of checking a man's pulse through his erection...;-)

"No anyone can write complete twaddle about themselves, I'll stick with the trusted old single guys way, breath check, pulse check and erection up up and away Why make it so complicated? Breath and pulse are not that important?

Yes definately but a hard on helps as well Hey I have a great way of checking a man's pulse through his erection...;-)"

Funny you should have that skill, I feel a check up coming on

[Removed by poster at 22/10/12 19:36:35]

Yes definately but a hard on helps as well Hey I have a great way of checking a man's pulse through his erection...;-)

Funny you should have that skill, I feel a check up coming on "

Checks need to be carried out at least daily...;-)

By *edonism44Man  over a year ago

oldham

So I earn £35k a year ....

I drive a relatively nice car....

I like to talk to people and enjoy life ....

Snob ???

I then lose my job....... What changes ???

I am still the same person but I find now that peolpe treat me totally different ....

Christ it's character building if nothing else ......

So now looking for work and trying to start again shit at 39 when peolpe judge you for now and not fir YOU !!!

I would and have given money to friends or paid for them to have nights out..... Shoe on the other foot ... Where are they ?????

W;(£&3RS!!!!!!

oldham

"So I earn £35k a year ....

I drive a relatively nice car....

I like to talk to people and enjoy life ....

Snob ???

I then lose my job....... What changes ???

I am still the same person but I find now that peolpe treat me totally different ....

Christ it's character building if nothing else ......

So now looking for work and trying to start again shit at 39 when peolpe judge you for now and not fir YOU !!!

I would and have given money to friends or paid for them to have nights out..... Shoe on the other foot ... Where are they ?????

W;(£&3RS!!!!!!"

Anybody got any work ??

well said bussys hotpot

Deviant City

"Must admit we prefer to meet with people in a similar intellectual level who don't just talk about bloody reality TV shows and soaps. Plus I ain't taking my nice car into a council estate

As someone who is from a council estate (and has scrimped & saved to live on the outskirts of another!) I find this assumption quite offensive. Why assume someone has zero intellect because of circumstance...my Mum was left to bring my sister and I up alone and a council house was the only way she could afford to keep a roof over our head...despite working before you jump to the next assumption. I have been brought up with a strong work ethic and since the age of 16 have always been in some form of employment, except when I say some of my University exams...my current job would be classed as 'professional', but I wouldn't ever look down on someone in a manual job, or even who was between jobs for whatever reason. I've had a meet with a guy who wasn't working, but volunteered in a soup kitchen whilst he found something and was intending to still volunteer when he could once employed...should he be looked down on too?

I'd rather meet someone with a personality and common sense, not a silver spoon and a sense of superiority over me and my incredibly broad Bolton accent (which I am proud of...I relish my heritage). Qualifications and job title are only part of a person. If someone can't be bothered to see the whole picture then I almost pity them as they could be missing out on some great experiences and distancing themselves from some truly fantastic people...and I don't just mean in the swinging world"

+1

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Some posts on here have really made me

I cant believe people have such negative, stereotypical _iews on; where some one may live or where they are from or their current situation etc.

If someone wants to look down their nose due to what I watch on tv, my accent, my car etc, feel free, I wouldnt particularly care. Not interested in people who think material things or a different education/upbringing makes them a better person than me.

Lets hope those who look down on people, because of where they live and car they drive dont lose everything tomorrow, as they would obviously be unable to hold an intelligent conversation according to some posts on here

oldham

"Some posts on here have really made me

I cant believe people have such negative, stereotypical _iews on; where some one may live or where they are from or their current situation etc.

If someone wants to look down their nose due to what I watch on tv, my accent, my car etc, feel free, I wouldnt particularly care. Not interested in people who think material things or a different education/upbringing makes them a better person than me.

Lets hope those who look down on people, because of where they live and car they drive dont lose everything tomorrow, as they would obviously be unable to hold an intelligent conversation according to some posts on here "

Exactly ??????????????

I hope they don't lose it all , it ain't nice and it's hard enough without pricjs judging .....

"

I hope they don't lose it all , it ain't nice and it's hard enough without pricjs judging ..... "

Hey, hope you find something decent soon. Things seem to be picking up a little bit I think. Best of luck xx

oldham

"

I hope they don't lose it all , it ain't nice and it's hard enough without pricjs judging ..... Hey, hope you find something decent soon. Things seem to be picking up a little bit I think. Best of luck xx"

Thankyou, it's just shit all day trying to keep your mind active .....

I am sure somebody will come up with something xxxx

By *stmateMan  over a year ago

Notts

Proffessionalism has nothing to do with someones dress sense or cleanliness. There are people educated to a very high degree but they can't socialise or interact with people in everyday society. I personally think I scrub up better than some proffessionals. With that said, it doesn't make a difference as we can all string a sentence together but the crucial thing is having something in common.

Does it really matter?

What are your opinions?"

I do a lot of pre-vetting before meets and try to find as much info out as possible to make sure of compatability.

I try to find out the following simple things.

1. Do they class themselves as professional?

2. Is their income above £45,000?

3. Do they drive a nice car (eg BMW, AUDI, Jaguar)?

4. Do they own their own home?

5. Did the have further education, at least to Degree level?

6. Is their IQ in the top 10 percentile for the UK?

7. Do they wear good tailored and preferably branded clothes?

8. Do they have a taste for fine foods and wines?

9. Can the hold intellectually stimulating conversations?

10. Do they like to consider themselves at the very least 'middle class'?

11. Will you fuck me so hard, it will feel like my cock has been attacked with a cheese grater?

12. Can you suck a snooker ball through a hose pipe?

If they do not answer yes to all of these, then I will not meet them. That is of course unless they can answer yes to either 11 or 12 at which point I dont give a shit about the previous 10 things.

Does it really matter?

What are your opinions?

I do a lot of pre-vetting before meets and try to find as much info out as possible to make sure of compatability.

I try to find out the following simple things.

1. Do they class themselves as professional?

2. Is their income above £45,000?

3. Do they drive a nice car (eg BMW, AUDI, Jaguar)?

4. Do they own their own home?

5. Did the have further education, at least to Degree level?

6. Is their IQ in the top 10 percentile for the UK?

7. Do they wear good tailored and preferably branded clothes?

8. Do they have a taste for fine foods and wines?

9. Can the hold intellectually stimulating conversations?

10. Do they like to consider themselves at the very least 'middle class'?

11. Will you fuck me so hard, it will feel like my cock has been attacked with a cheese grater?

12. Can you suck a snooker ball through a hose pipe?

If they do not answer yes to all of these, then I will not meet them. That is of course unless they can answer yes to either 11 or 12 at which point I dont give a shit about the previous 10 things. "

Now that is what I call a connoisseur

Prefer to leave vocational, financial and other information like that out of the conversations. To be quite frank, I have little desire to know what others do or earn, and I'm unconcerned over how people appear when clothed - unclothed is another matter entirely

I like to think that all that is really well and truly beyond the scope of the meet.

Wolf

"Prefer to leave vocational, financial and other information like that out of the conversations. To be quite frank, I have little desire to know what others do or earn, and I'm unconcerned over how people appear when clothed - unclothed is another matter entirely

I like to think that all that is really well and truly beyond the scope of the meet.

Wolf

"

Gee for a man you are sooo sensible

From my perspective, professional is a clue that it could be quite damaging to openly disclose your identity (hence no pics and limited personal info). There are codes of conduct and etiquette that some 'professionals' have to follow and it could get quite awkward for you if your private affairs became public knowledge.

Sometimes lack of pics or info is seen as trying to pull the wool over people's eyes when in reality you are just trying to safeguard your career.

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Whats all this about "professional couples" I thought that was a couple of guys from a 70's TV series.

Seriously wonder when I see that on a status, does it mean they are slightly better people than an "amateur couple"

Is that meant to signify that someone who works at the Inns Of Court etc or in the Square Mile will provide a better jiggy experience than a council cleansing operative.

When your doing the deed you are most probably naked or at the very least semi naked. Thats a great leveller.

Over the years I have met people from all walks of life and all different "classes.

How do I judge people... simple ... by how they are with me ... it aint rocket science.

Confucious had the right idea "Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes"

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Nice to see inverted snobbery alive and kicking on Fab. Why do people feel the need to be insulting about what other members put on their profiles. It enables them to pick "like minded people" for them.

Why is that an issue for some of you?

"Whats all this about "professional couples" I thought that was a couple of guys from a 70's TV series.

Seriously wonder when I see that on a status, does it mean they are slightly better people than an "amateur couple"

"

I'd prefer to meet an amateur - at least they love what they are doing

"Nice to see inverted snobbery alive and kicking on Fab. Why do people feel the need to be insulting about what other members put on their profiles. It enables them to pick "like minded people" for them.

Why is that an issue for some of you?"

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Snobbery inverted or otherwise is alive and very much kicking on Fab,be it what people do for a living to what they like people to think they are like and the kind of lifestyle they lead away from fab. The keeping up with the Jones' attitudes are extremely funny to watch though.

Me i couldnt give a shiny shite what people do for a living, how much money the earn or whether they drink cider or Bollinger.

If someone is not to my liking is usually because of something other that what car they drive.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Snobbery inverted or otherwise is alive and very much kicking on Fab,be it what people do for a living to what they like people to think they are like and the kind of lifestyle they lead away from fab. The keeping up with the Jones' attitudes are extremely funny to watch though.

Me i couldnt give a shiny shite what people do for a living, how much money the earn or whether they drink cider or Bollinger.

If someone is not to my liking is usually because of something other that what car they drive. "

Well said, that woman.

"Nice to see inverted snobbery alive and kicking on Fab. Why do people feel the need to be insulting about what other members put on their profiles. It enables them to pick "like minded people" for them.

Why is that an issue for some of you?"

I have no issue with someone wanting to meet like minded people...I just don't like the assumption that someone from a council estate is a mindless vandal without the ability to hold a conversation. I meet people from all walks of like...professional or not...and so far I have managed to have a conversation (and a lot of fun!) with them all despite my upbringing.

London

I have no issue with someone wanting to meet like minded people...I just don't like the assumption that someone from a council estate is a mindless vandal without the ability to hold a conversation. I meet people from all walks of like...professional or not...and so far I have managed to have a conversation (and a lot of fun!) with them all despite my upbringing. "

That's a different issue, and you know it. This thread was started to deride "professionals" the assumption being they thought their shit didn't stink.

Human nature being as it is some "professionals" hit back...they didn't start it.

I do not have professional on my profile as I don't see the need. Some people have "we are very good looking" or "I go to the gym seven days a week and can bench press a ton" equally pointless, but there to attract "like minded" people for them.

Who am I to say they shouldn't and start sarky threads because I'm jealous of their perceived good looks and gym toned bodies?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Whats all this about "professional couples" I thought that was a couple of guys from a 70's TV series.

Is that meant to signify that someone who works at the Inns Of Court etc or in the Square Mile will provide a better jiggy experience than a council cleansing operative.

When your doing the deed you are most probably naked or at the very least semi naked. Thats a great leveller.

Over the years I have met people from all walks of life and all different "classes.

How do I judge people... simple ... by how they are with me ... it aint rocket science.

Confucious had the right idea "Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes" "

Yes Confucius was right and that also means don't judge people describing themselves as professional. We use it on our profile because we both work in one of the professions and it seems that some people make assumptions about us based on that which is a shame. We've met many people from this site from every walk of life each of them has their own merits and none of them has ever judged us on our background or current circumstance we've just either got along with each other or not. I know it's human nature to make snap judgements about other people but it always surprises me to see it somewhere like this, don't know why I've lived long enough to know better

But Miss_tress, why don't you see the need to put the word 'professional' on your profile? The point I was trying to make last night was that for me, employment details/ life status/ type of car aren't details that I find relevant when looking for a meet. And if someone felt that was important enough to put it on their profile then we wouldn't get on.

The OP may well have been looking down on people that use the word professional, I don't know. I agree that people can put whatever they like on their profiles. Of course they can. However I also think there's nothing wrong with discussion about anything. Be it the weather or profile content.

Some profiles are straight to the point about what they are looking for; sub, dom, body size and sexual preferences etc. Personally I think those make more sense than the profiles that mention the car they drive or what job they do.

Perhaps the word professional is meant to attract a certain type of person, or to put another kind off. Possibly similar to the use of the words 'good looking' or gym body and similar terms.

However, when I choose meets I consider the whole picture. A profile is just an indicator of how that person will be. I use it as a preliminary tool for picking who I might want to meet, as I am sure most people do. A coffee meet gives me more information of whether we are what we are both looking for.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Eeeeeeek; this thread has made me realise I am doing this swinging thing all wrong.

I used to work on the theory: -

1.see a profile, or someone in chat room.

2. strike up conversation, or exchange messages.

3. find mutual interest / fantasies.

4. arrange meet (or in my case beg for one- but thats another thread totally).

5. meet person, and if compatable spend hours / days fucking each other silly.

Now i realise i should have

1. See profile

2. check employment history

3. check postcode of person

4. google maps to make sure area is not below / above my class.

5. meet person at hotel (just in case my scabby old Peugeot is at risk)

6. Forget fucking and compare labels on designer clothing.

(Must remember to remove tongue from cheek and cease with sarcasm).

but you all know what i mean....

we all do what we like on fab, meet who we like, and do it our own way and long may it continue.

i have said before and i will say again, as far as i am concerned

there is no RIGHT and no WRONG way to swing or who to swing with....

Just enjoy it in your own way !!!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

what I find staggering is the level of surprise that jealousy, bitterness & elitism exists in swinging...

i think most people are a bit wary about what type of people they will be meeting especialy if they are coming to your house.

same as people are wary about meeting me. they can only go by reading my verifications usualy or by word of mouth.

when i see professional on someones profile, i just think it means someone who is clean and knows how to behave.

not someone who is ignorant and ill mannered.

you usually get a better idea when you say hi to someone on the phone though.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Eeeeeeek; this thread has made me realise I am doing this swinging thing all wrong.

I used to work on the theory: -

1.see a profile, or someone in chat room.

2. strike up conversation, or exchange messages.

3. find mutual interest / fantasies.

4. arrange meet (or in my case beg for one- but thats another thread totally).

5. meet person, and if compatable spend hours / days fucking each other silly.

Now i realise i should have

1. See profile

2. check employment history

3. check postcode of person

4. google maps to make sure area is not below / above my class.

5. meet person at hotel (just in case my scabby old Peugeot is at risk)

6. Forget fucking and compare labels on designer clothing.

(Must remember to remove tongue from cheek and cease with sarcasm).

but you all know what i mean....

we all do what we like on fab, meet who we like, and do it our own way and long may it continue.

i have said before and i will say again, as far as i am concerned

there is no RIGHT and no WRONG way to swing or who to swing with....

Just enjoy it in your own way !!!"

London

"But Miss_tress, why don't you see the need to put the word 'professional' on your profile? The point I was trying to make last night was that for me, employment details/ life status/ type of car aren't details that I find relevant when looking for a meet. And if someone felt that was important enough to put it on their profile then we wouldn't get on.

The OP may well have been looking down on people that use the word professional, I don't know. I agree that people can put whatever they like on their profiles. Of course they can. However I also think there's nothing wrong with discussion about anything. Be it the weather or profile content.

Some profiles are straight to the point about what they are looking for; sub, dom, body size and sexual preferences etc. Personally I think those make more sense than the profiles that mention the car they drive or what job they do.

Perhaps the word professional is meant to attract a certain type of person, or to put another kind off. Possibly similar to the use of the words 'good looking' or gym body and similar terms.

However, when I choose meets I consider the whole picture. A profile is just an indicator of how that person will be. I use it as a preliminary tool for picking who I might want to meet, as I am sure most people do. A coffee meet gives me more information of whether we are what we are both looking for. "

I don't think it's necessary to put "I'm a professional" on my profile. The tone and content of my profile should be enough to attract the type of playmate I seek.

My profession, education, car etc are not relevant bait to attact playmates to me. The way I play appeals to the "calibre" of playmates I like, so little need to gild the Lilly.

I didn't say there shouldn't be discussions, I just don't see why people concern themselves with what other members choose to put on their profile and start threads mocking them.

It matters to me.

I have no issue with someone wanting to meet like minded people...I just don't like the assumption that someone from a council estate is a mindless vandal without the ability to hold a conversation. I meet people from all walks of like...professional or not...and so far I have managed to have a conversation (and a lot of fun!) with them all despite my upbringing.

That's a different issue, and you know it. This thread was started to deride "professionals" the assumption being they thought their shit didn't stink.

Human nature being as it is some "professionals" hit back...they didn't start it.

I do not have professional on my profile as I don't see the need. Some people have "we are very good looking" or "I go to the gym seven days a week and can bench press a ton" equally pointless, but there to attract "like minded" people for them.

Who am I to say they shouldn't and start sarky threads because I'm jealous of their perceived good looks and gym toned bodies?"

In no way, shape or form was this thread started to deride anyone, no matter of their status, socialy, financialy or any other standing.

I asked "does it really matter?"

From reading this thread and the replies, it obviously does to some people.

When we are naked together and having fun, why does it matter?

That was my point.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"

I asked "does it really matter?"

From reading this thread and the replies, it obviously does to some people.

When we are naked together and having fun, why does it matter?

That was my point.

"

It really doesnt matter to me. Neither does having 'professional' on their profile, they could be professional window cleaners. To me its all about attitude and not feeling superior towards others.

If that makes sense.

I shocked and disappointed at the level of snobbery and stereotyping shown by some on this thread.

I was privately educated as a child, middle class background and probably had way more than I needed.. I then went on to get married young, spent time in bed and breakfast due to homelessness and lived on council estates. I then went to uni,got a degree and had a good career, bought a house and worked bloody hard , but then again due to circumstances beyond my control I am now not working and living on a 'council estate'

So the area where I live would influence someone's decision to meet me more than my ability to have fun be good company?

If that's the case then I wouldn't want to meet those people anyway, it just shows they are ignorant and judgemental and neither are qualities that sit well in swinging in my mind.

For me I am interested in someone's ability to have good sex, not where they live or what they do for a living..as long as they are clean and respectful. Let's face it, when I play in a club I don't ask for a CV or their postcode before I play with them !!!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have never really understood all the fuss that is made about people using the word ‘professional’ on their profile. If anything, I have come to think those who take the most issue with it are the ones with the most worrying problem.

We all know… well we would all know if we stopped and thought about it with an adult rational head… the word ‘professional’ is often misused. But, we should generally get the gist of what people are saying by reading the rest of the profile.

There will be some who use it in hope to increase their chances as they have read it on profiles they have looked at…. sorry single guys, that is more often you. People type all kinds of crap to increase their chances… and not just on their profiles…. does it make them snobs?

There are some who use it to just give an indication of the people they are.

If you are a couple (let’s call them the P-Couple) who like to swing… and swinging for you is getting to know other couples, having nights out or weekend city breaks together… you would hope to find similar couples. In this example I am sure there are many couples who the P-Couple would find attractive and easy to get along with socially, but if they are on a low income they would not be able to enjoy swinging the way P-couple like to enjoy it. Why should P-Couple change the way they enjoy swinging?

Then again there are those who use the word ‘professional’ to indicate they don’t want people turning up in tracksuit bottoms, a hoodie and trainers. It is surely their right to have that preference. With this one the thing I find most amusing is…. quite a lot of the people who point fingers at those with ‘professional’ on their profile will happily trot along to the next thread and state they don’t want their meets turning up looking like the cast of Shameless. So what really is the finger pointers issue? Hmmmmmmmm…. could this be an indication of double standards, underachievement syndrome or may be a touch of envy creeping in.

Now, I should make it clear, there are some snobs. There are some people who enjoy looking down on others and feel they are superior because of their financial standing…. or at least the impression of the financial standing they like to give others. But to take one word…’professional’… and label the whole lot as some kind of egotistical elitists is really a bit pathetic.

So these snobs……. well……. swinging clubs are meant to be a great leveller, yet on a number of occasions I have over heard couples boasting about what they have got, even comments along the lines of “Don’t you know how much money we have”…. and not a single use of the word ‘professional’.

So I couldn’t really give a toss if someone wants to write ‘professional’ on their profile…… and I couldn’t give a tiny poo if they spell it correctly either. If some people want to use the word ‘professional’ to deter those who lack the metal capacity to control their inferiority complex… keep it up....it seems to be working!

Yes, huge amount of snobbery. A couple from here came to visit for a meet, I saw them get out of the car, walk towards my house and then stop, turn around and leave. I rang them and no answer. Txt and they replied, 'we didn't know you lived in a council house'!

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

"I have never really understood all the fuss that is made about people using the word ‘professional’ on their profile. If anything, I have come to think those who take the most issue with it are the ones with the most worrying problem.

We all know… well we would all know if we stopped and thought about it with an adult rational head… the word ‘professional’ is often misused. But, we should generally get the gist of what people are saying by reading the rest of the profile.

There will be some who use it in hope to increase their chances as they have read it on profiles they have looked at…. sorry single guys, that is more often you. People type all kinds of crap to increase their chances… and not just on their profiles…. does it make them snobs?

If you are a couple (let’s call them the P-Couple) who like to swing… and swinging for you is getting to know other couples, having nights out or weekend city breaks together… you would hope to find similar couples. In this example I am sure there are many couples who the P-Couple would find attractive and easy to get along with socially, but if they are on a low income they would not be able to enjoy swinging the way P-couple like to enjoy it. Why should P-Couple change the way they enjoy swinging?

Then again there are those who use the word ‘professional’ to indicate they don’t want people turning up in tracksuit bottoms, a hoodie and trainers. It is surely their right to have that preference. With this one the thing I find most amusing is…. quite a lot of the people who point fingers at those with ‘professional’ on their profile will happily trot along to the next thread and state they don’t want their meets turning up looking like the cast of Shameless. So what really is the finger pointers issue? Hmmmmmmmm…. could this be an indication of double standards, underachievement syndrome or may be a touch of envy creeping in.

Now, I should make it clear, there are some snobs. There are some people who enjoy looking down on others and feel they are superior because of their financial standing…. or at least the impression of the financial standing they like to give others. But to take one word…’professional’… and label the whole lot as some kind of egotistical elitists is really a bit pathetic.

So these snobs……. well……. swinging clubs are meant to be a great leveller, yet on a number of occasions I have over heard couples boasting about what they have got, even comments along the lines of “Don’t you know how much money we have”…. and not a single use of the word ‘professional’.

So I couldn’t really give a toss if someone wants to write ‘professional’ on their profile…… and I couldn’t give a tiny poo if they spell it correctly either. If some people want to use the word ‘professional’ to deter those who lack the metal capacity to control their inferiority complex… keep it up....it seems to be working!

"

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I have no interest in what my meets Di for a living. If I fancy them it will be based on a little banter and me liking the look of them.

The only time being 'professional' has any impact is if they say they can't send a face pic due to the nature of their work. Well, due to the nature of my safety precautions I will not meet if I haven't seen a face pic. So in those instances it's thank you but no thank you.

I have just posted on the cleanliness thread. And, speaking from experience, it is the manual workers who get filthy during their working day who tend to be more scrupulous about personal hygiene than some office workers! I am not suggesting this is true for everyone, just true for one's I have met.

The only other time it crops up in any way that influences me is when someone uses their professional status thinking it will add to their allure. Unfortunately for them I'm a simple soul. A bit of non pushy banter combined with a nice looking body and face is enough, I'm looking for sex not dates so someone's paying power or car doesn't bother me.

The only exception to that is the same one NN has stated; if you can't or won't pay half the hotel costs then perhaps move on to someone who accommodates.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Yes, huge amount of snobbery. A couple from here came to visit for a meet, I saw them get out of the car, walk towards my house and then stop, turn around and leave. I rang them and no answer. Txt and they replied, 'we didn't know you lived in a council house'!"

would you have wanted to spend anytime in their company, share any sexual experience with them knowing that is the way they conduct themselves....

this world delivers the cruelest of blows to people from all walks of life, we never know what the years ahead will bring.........

all the best to you

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I have never really understood all the fuss that is made about people using the word ‘professional’ on their profile. If anything, I have come to think those who take the most issue with it are the ones with the most worrying problem.

"

Gets my vote for 'Post of the week'....

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

class

Just back off hols picked up on this one

whenever i have used the word "professional" its a general statement to say i work and NOT a slat/dig at those that dont - but in my opinion it as been know for couples/single fems only ever liking to meet those who are solvent/employed as it gives them a comfort feeling - dont ask me why

and to add to that 9 times out of 10 i be asked "do you work" etc --- i rest my case

London

"

...there you go!

Does it really matter?

What are your opinions?"

It doesn't matter to us what job they do or how many bedrooms they have, we have met a couple in the past that wasn't working and we got on great and had lots of fun, all that matters to us is that we can all click and are into the same sort of things then all is good Cant stand people who are up there own arse bragging about who what they do and what they have!!

I have never been asked what I do or if I own my place. Before moving in with the OH I privately rented, that only came up in conversation as it was such a fantastic flat and people complimented me on it.

I love the bollox about council houses. I have a friend with an ex local authority house on Wandsworth common, currently valued at £2.5 million, do you reckon council house snobs would get shit about that?

Just so long the person I meet is clean, intelligent and sexy, their social status means nothing to me..... otherwise me profile would state only wishing to meet ABC 1's

By *pl- capdagdeCouple  over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

This whole we're better than you bollox,class thing is a truely another great English thing.

Doesn't really exist in France,people are not materialistic and it doesn't matter how much money you have.You do see in swinging though people that look down their nose at others,from the respect they think they are better looking or sexier.More often than not though these people are just deluded or havn't looked in he mirror lately ..

I didn't realise this thread would get such a reaction.

Thank you all for participating and sharing your opinions.

"I didn't realise this thread would get such a reaction.

"

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well."

I know a xlophone player of that helps?

"

Oh we ain't finished yet! If there is one thing guaranteed to get us reaching for the 'Next!' button it's the phrase...

"We are good looking/attractive, professional, look after ourselves and expect same..."

There are a number of points on this..

1. WE will be the ones who decide if you are good looking and/or attractive (they are two different things), and NOT you.

2. Professional - this is often spelled with two 'f's and one 's'. The only decent definition of what 'professional' means is that an amateur gets the big things right, a professional gets the details right - and the difference is in the detail. Hence the oft-used spelling of 'Proffesional' is so amusing..

3. 'Look after ourselves'. Hmmm.... well, last time I checked I was still capable of washing myself and cooking, so.... ?

4. Expect same? God help us that there is more than one couple on this Earth like you!!

5. Always surprised (not really) that the above phrase is not followed by.. "and so up ourselves it hurts".

So, profile snobbery? Yes, it's there. yes, it pisses us off something rotten and yes, we hope people who engage in it have the greatest difficulty in getting meets.

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well.I know a xlophone player of that helps? "

Depends - what sort of car do they drive

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well.I know a xlophone player of that helps?

Depends - what sort of car do they drive "

A reliant Robin i think...

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

So, profile snobbery? Yes, it's there. yes, it pisses us off something rotten and yes, we hope people who engage in it have the greatest difficulty in getting meets.

"

Be careful what you wish for

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well.I know a xlophone player of that helps?

Depends - what sort of car do they drive A reliant Robin i think... "

If it's taxed and insured it'll do. Send him over.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

y?

"y? "

y not! I may struggle to find a professional y. Q was relatively easy and I didn't play with u.

"So, profile snobbery? Yes, it's there. yes, it pisses us off something rotten and yes, we hope people who engage in it have the greatest difficulty in getting meets.

Be careful what you wish for "

Touche

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

isn't this about personal preference. They have stated theirs, the same as saying no anal, no watersports etc. People will relax more and enjoy more if they are meeting people from their own peer group as they are comfortable. So far from being snobbery i think it is stating a non sexual preference which will greatly enhance the experience for them.. Each to their own i say, you will always find someone compatible so we can all play happily without introducing irrelevancies into the equation. Personally the most important thing for me is a sense of humour, after all this is supposed to be fun. Isn't it?

"isn't this about personal preference. They have stated theirs, the same as saying no anal, no watersports etc. People will relax more and enjoy more if they are meeting people from their own peer group as they are comfortable. So far from being snobbery i think it is stating a non sexual preference which will greatly enhance the experience for them.. Each to their own i say, you will always find someone compatible so we can all play happily without introducing irrelevancies into the equation. Personally the most important thing for me is a sense of humour, after all this is supposed to be fun. Isn't it? "

That's what I was trying to say but I made a hash of it.

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well."

you are in luck, I am a professional yachtsman and a qualified xenobiologist... when do you want me round?

It did make me think through the A-Z of people I have met and those that have approached me. I have never knowingly had a vet or a zoologist. Actually, I need an X and Y as well.

you are in luck, I am a professional yachtsman and a qualified xenobiologist... when do you want me round? "

How's Thursday after work sound?

I shan't quote her long post, however, I nodded in agreement when I read Polo's post.

I won't meet anybody from Rotherham, is that snobbery?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Interesting read this one...whilst I have my feet up

Oh we ain't finished yet! If there is one thing guaranteed to get us reaching for the 'Next!' button it's the phrase...

"We are good looking/attractive, professional, look after ourselves and expect same..."

1. WE will be the ones who decide if you are good looking and/or attractive (they are two different things), and NOT you.

2. Professional - this is often spelled with two 'f's and one 's'. The only decent definition of what 'professional' means is that an amateur gets the big things right, a professional gets the details right - and the difference is in the detail. Hence the oft-used spelling of 'Proffesional' is so amusing..

3. 'Look after ourselves'. Hmmm.... well, last time I checked I was still capable of washing myself and cooking, so.... ?

4. Expect same? God help us that there is more than one couple on this Earth like you!!

5. Always surprised (not really) that the above phrase is not followed by.. "and so up ourselves it hurts".

"

And yet interestingly, there are certain things that you both state on your profile that are most definitely open to interpretation by others, in the same way as those who state they are good looking, so perhaps you engage in it a little more yourselves than you care to admit?

class "

Agreed

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

I would say that the bin man who takes pride in his job is "professional"

And yet interestingly, there are certain things that you both state on your profile that are most definitely open to interpretation by others, in the same way as those who state they are good looking, so perhaps you engage in it a little more yourselves than you care to admit?"

I do hope ours doesn't come over as snobbish. We have certain preferences, yes, but I shall thrash myself with a large tree branch if it does come over that way (or I may offer the opportunity to some lucky winner on here..... )

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I would say that the bin man who takes pride in his job is "professional" "

But not A professional.

[Removed by poster at 23/10/12 13:25:57]

"I would say that the bin man who takes pride in his job is "professional" "

And isn't part of taking pride, paying attention to details..? In your example, making sure every last piece of rubbish is picked up off the street as he does his round?

But that isn't what most who describe themselves as 'professional' are getting at, are they?

"Yes, huge amount of snobbery. A couple from here came to visit for a meet, I saw them get out of the car, walk towards my house and then stop, turn around and leave. I rang them and no answer. Txt and they replied, 'we didn't know you lived in a council "

I have also had this, I left my husband and our family home and was re housed by the council, I'm not making excuses for where I live but at the time because I walked out of my home I was classed as voluntary homeless so the council offered me a house in a hard to let area, it's a rough estate with lots of trouble, the police patrol the estate every hour thro the night but my option was stay with my ex, live in a hostel or take the house so I took the house, I was turned down for many a meet by local people who know the estate as its full of unemployed pot heads so people just assume if you live here you have either been in prison or on drugs because most of the people who live here are

I invited one guy to my house who refused to come inside instead he said he just had a call from work and drive off

If I'm going to be honest it's the reason I don't accommodate, my daughter goes to her dads every weekend and I could easily have someone here but I'm sick of being looked down on because of the area I live in

People do judge you on such things even of they aren't big enough to admit it bothers them because they don't want to look shallow

By *eeriseWoman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

"I would say that the bin man who takes pride in his job is "professional"

But not A professional. "

I find it strange when people say they own their own business yet find it difficult to correctly spell the word PROFESSIONAL

But not A professional.

I find it strange when people say they own their own business yet find it difficult to correctly spell the word PROFESSIONAL "

Torquay

But not A professional.

I find it strange when people say they own their own business yet find it difficult to correctly spell the word PROFESSIONAL "

So in order to own your own business, maybe even a very succesful business, you need to be able to spell the word professional?

Why?

But not A professional.

That happens because there are some people that are not academically brilliant but are very commercially savvy.

I think there are a good number of privately owned small businesses that are built on commercial awareness and the ability to process information, read markets and both communicate and negotiate on various levels.

I know some very successful business people who can't spell for tofee

(see what I did there ? )

Torquay

Sir Richard Branson......famous businessman....Billionaire....

Dyslexic

But not A professional.

I find it strange when people say they own their own business yet find it difficult to correctly spell the word PROFESSIONAL

That happens because there are some people that are not academically brilliant but are very commercially savvy.

I think there are a good number of privately owned small businesses that are built on commercial awareness and the ability to process information, read markets and both communicate and negotiate on various levels.

(see what I did there ? )"

Quite right!

Spelling errors jar with me but are no indication of intelligence, competence or personality.

"Sir Richard Branson......famous businessman....Billionaire....

Dyslexic"

Dyslexic eh ?

........ only because he's too rich to be 'thick' tho

The definition of a professional according to academic research is this:

An expert who belongs to a governing body where there is a code of conduct set aside a code of ethics. By contrast an expert is somebody who has the qualification, knowledge and experience to do a job but does not have the status of "professional" if he/ she does not belong to said body with definition governing ethics and conduct. There are some anomalies eg a professional versus a semi professional footballer or even amateur. Hope this helps

But not A professional.

(see what I did there ? )"

precisely - and in any the case of dyslexics they invariably have a huge advantage in other areas eg business sense etc as you outlined!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

But not A professional.

My brother-in-law earns a small fortune, but he's terrible at spelling.

Profession's mean zilch to me. Any individual that gets on his or her 'high horse' and thinks they deserve to be treated differently from the rest of us, just because they have a higher staus job, isn't worth knowing in my opinion.

Why is life so difficult having read most of this thread I'm now confused , am I

1.Professional

2.Expert

Or just a lazy git who sat at the back of class annoying everyone, I'm a LGU....LGT.....LGM.....oh f#ck it I drive wagons! I guess some folk are just to posh to f#ck, nice people are nice weather there filthy rich or skint !

"Why is life so difficult having read most of this thread I'm now confused , am I

1.Professional

2.Expert

Or just a lazy git who sat at the back of class annoying everyone, I'm a LGU....LGT.....LGM.....oh f#ck it I drive wagons! I guess some folk are just to posh to f#ck, nice people are nice weather there filthy rich or skint ! "

It's PLUS - people like us syndrome. It's too expensive for a treatment on the NHS but a swift kick up the backside can be a good temporary fix.

Having nothing else to add - I could try having the last word on this thread and not let Frocks get in my way again