FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Define the words for me!

Define the words for me!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Danish here and I'm looking for a friend's with benefits, I need to know if it means the same thing as I'm wanting: basically a friend (hanging out together) and sex.

If I wanted a fuck buddy I'd ask for one of those (someone who you just see for sex).

Am I getting confused? Or is it men just thinking with their cocks and not their brains again?

Answers on a postcard please (if you don't get that reference then you are too young!)

Danish x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Danish here and I'm looking for a friend's with benefits, I need to know if it means the same thing as I'm wanting: basically a friend (hanging out together) and sex.

If I wanted a fuck buddy I'd ask for one of those (someone who you just see for sex).

Am I getting confused? Or is it men just thinking with their cocks and not their brains again?

Answers on a postcard please (if you don't get that reference then you are too young!)

Danish x "

Pretty much bang on I think. FWB is someone you will happily meet up with and not fuck - sex is a bonus. FB is someone you meet up with just for sex.

*other definitions are available and valid.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do women think with their vag when they just want a fuck buddy?

Genuine question.

OP can you define hanging out? Since we’re at it can we define fb and do a comparison with fwb

Men say they want FWB but they mena FB. They text you when they want a fuck and ignore you the rest of the time.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes this is what I seek one u can hang out with walks days out and of course lots of sex! But then send them home x

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

A FWB to me means someone who you do other stuff with apart from just getting jiggy. It could be maybe going to the cinema, out for a bite to eat/drink, even just meeting up for a coffee and catch up without it ending in the bedroom.

A FB to me means you only meet for sex, nothing more x

But everyone has their own definition x

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

A friends with benefits would be one who does a bit of cooking and cleaning when she comes around

I wouldn’t use FWB or FB to be honest. I think it’s easier just to explain what you want, as everyone’s definition and idea of these things is different.

Leeds

"A friends with benefits would be one who does a bit of cooking and cleaning when she comes around "

Lol, I do that x

"A friends with benefits would be one who does a bit of cooking and cleaning when she comes around "

That’s more like dom/sub to me

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

It’s not a men thing, it’s a people thing not having honest and open conversations about what abbreviations mean

Fwb can mean many things to many people

Your better off being an adult and making your wants and needs understood

Instead of relying on a 2-3 word abbreviation and getting annoyed when things don’t work

That’s kid shit

By *for2Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"A friends with benefits would be one who does a bit of cooking and cleaning when she comes around

Lol, I do that x"

OMG if you say you do ironing as well I think I'm in love

"It’s not a men thing, it’s a people thing not having honest and open conversations about what abbreviations mean

Instead of relying on a 2-3 word abbreviation and getting annoyed when things don’t work

That’s kid shit "

I think I'm an adult last time I checked my birth certificate. When looking for such things, on certain places you only have so many characters so sometimes breaking things down is needed.

Thanks for your valid input.

Danish x

"OP can you define hanging out? Since we’re at it can we define fb and do a comparison with fwb"

Cinema, walks that kind of thing x

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

They mean the same thing to me. One is just more polite than the other. X

A fwb to me means, someone who will snuggle in bed, before and after sex...a little more affection that just a fuck buddy. I really don't like that term.

I'm not necessarily looking for someone to date, or do stuff outside if the bedroom with.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I normally say that if I meet them even when sex isn't on the table they're a FWB, if I only ever meet them with sex as the end point then they're a FB.

The two terms do seem to be used interchangeably though, so I do think there's a lot to be said for detailing your expectations rather than relying on someone else attaching the same definition to the term as you do.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"They mean the same thing to me. One is just more polite than the other. X"

This is I think is where alot go wrong! As the 2 have different meaning as far as I'm concerned x

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've had both and my definition is the same as many and that a FB you meet up for sex. Yes you get on well and you like each other but it's based around meeting for sex.

A FWB is someone who I am friends with and can meet for a chat or lunch or a walk as well as meeting for sex they are a friend first and foremost and have the extra benefit of having sex as well.

Personally I prefer FWB situation than a FB.

But both have a place and both can be enjoyable as long as you are on the same page. It's when lines gets crossed that it becomes an issue.

I've been very lucky on here and found a FWB who is first and foremost a close friend and pretty damn good in bed as well.

Leeds

"I've had both and my definition is the same as many and that a FB you meet up for sex. Yes you get on well and you like each other but it's based around meeting for sex.

A FWB is someone who I am friends with and can meet for a chat or lunch or a walk as well as meeting for sex they are a friend first and foremost and have the extra benefit of having sex as well.

But both have a place and both can be enjoyable as long as you are on the same page. It's when lines gets crossed that it becomes an issue.

I've been very lucky on here and found a FWB who is first and foremost a close friend and pretty damn good in bed as well."

Me too x

For me it means friends first above all else the benefits are the extra bits

I get that many don’t get this and think about fwb as sex on tap as we are friends right?

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I have a FWB situation and personally I’d say the difference is you care about the person, you can talk to them about a multitude of things, they are great fun to be around and you share some common interests out with sex, they are a friend essentially but you fancy them also.

A FB is purely sex based - no add on’s so to speak xx

"I have a FWB situation and personally I’d say the difference is you care about the person, you can talk to them about a multitude of things, they are great fun to be around and you share some common interests out with sex, they are a friend essentially but you fancy them also.

A FB is purely sex based - no add on’s so to speak xx"

Winner right here! FWB benefits is ideal but I don’t think I’ll find it online

By *erverseintentionsMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I never knew there was a difference between Fwb and fuck buddy ... If a woman just wants sex I'll oblige . But id prefer much more than just physical contact .

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

"Do women think with their vag when they just want a fuck buddy?

Genuine question.

"

No!

Genuine answer

The vag has nothing to do with thinking , that is your brain that does that.

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

"It’s not a men thing, it’s a people thing not having honest and open conversations about what abbreviations mean

Three word. Punchy messages is the future, ask Doris Johnson,

The fact that three word punchy messages are often misunderstood and/or are never going to work anyway is not his fault, he is surrounded by incompetent ministers

That’s kid shit "

Genuine question.

No!

Genuine answer

The vag has nothing to do with thinking , that is your brain that does that. "

So you telling me fanny flutters isn’t a thing?

Genuine question.

No!

Genuine answer

The vag has nothing to do with thinking , that is your brain that does that. "

So men with their penis, women with their brains?

I smell something fishy going on here.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"I've had both and my definition is the same as many and that a FB you meet up for sex. Yes you get on well and you like each other but it's based around meeting for sex.

I've been very lucky on here and found a FWB who is first and foremost a close friend and pretty damn good in bed as well."

I care hugely for my FBs past and present and have nothing but love for most of them. We chat, we go for a drink, we talk about each other's lives, but we only meet if we're having sex at the end of the night. The following morning off they go and we'll chat until we next meet.

FWB I will meet up with as I would any other friend, for coffee or a meal or a walk or to go to a museum or whatever. Often we'll have sex, but it's not unusual to meet up without sex.

Like you, I prefer FWB to FB, but I care very deeply for both and both scenarios have worked well for me in the past.

» Add a new message to this topic