FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 2022 fitness goals - March update

2022 fitness goals - March update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello everyone

How are your 2022 fitness goals going so far?

Have you managed to stay on track with your plan or are you suffering from lack of motivation?

Does anyone feel they've plateaued... What's stopping you from going further?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

A change in my hybrid working arrangements has meant Im now working away from home on days I would normally go out running in the evenings.

I'm going to have to wait until BST and longer evenings before I can go out and explore my new environment

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Injury from Xmas till last week has meant a complete stop on fitness bar casual walking, so lots of muscle tone loss which I need to rebuild. But on the plus side the weight is finally firmly dropping off and I've nearly lost the 2 stones of covid weight gain and am back in my happy place

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I need to get back into my whole fitness routine, obviously post surgery I have to avoid working out, particularly my upper body.

And the only two activities I do are yoga (which uses a lot of upper body and core) and Pole dancing (even more upper body )

I can’t even run at the moment so I’ve been literally walking and I’m feeling the weight piling on and on

So yeah, I can’t wait to go back into those, especially Pole!! X

"Hello everyone

Have you managed to stay on track with your plan or are you suffering from lack of motivation?

"

Have been doing mostly the same thing since l was a teen , never forget that Health is Wealth , it doesn't matter what you do once you enjoy it and have the health to do it , most important.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, my training goals are going good. I have ramped it up and I have started calorie cycling this week as it is another strategy to cut the calories further, it is the plan to get more shredded

"Yes, my training goals are going good. I have ramped it up and I have started calorie cycling this week as it is another strategy to cut the calories further, it is the plan to get more shredded "
It is fun

I'm fairly happy - I've got back into a nice habit with my evening classes - apart from work occasionally disrupting my plans.

I've only just managed to restart my weights programme this month.. I've loved doing it, but feel really self conscious going into the male dominated area.. I just need to push myself and get out of my head. I re started with 7kg hand weights which I'm pretty pleased about.. If i can keep myself on track i should be able to try 8kg in April

I read something the other day that inspired me: "give your all, or don't bother" ... I use it when i feel tiredness creeping in

"A change in my hybrid working arrangements has meant Im now working away from home on days I would normally go out running in the evenings.

I'm going to have to wait until BST and longer evenings before I can go out and explore my new environment "

Oh i can't wait for the lighter nights!

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

Morning Midnight,

Still teaching dancing twice a week and recently joined a new yoga class which I love. Walking daily in preparation for the kilt walk in April, doing the kids one with my little nephew as he wants to raise money for a cancer charity - he is only 5 and asked to do this in memory of his papa which I think is super cute, I’m also doing the adult one to raise awareness and money for mental health xx

Good luck to everyone on there fitness journey xx

"Injury from Xmas till last week has meant a complete stop on fitness bar casual walking, so lots of muscle tone loss which I need to rebuild. But on the plus side the weight is finally firmly dropping off and I've nearly lost the 2 stones of covid weight gain and am back in my happy place "

2 stone wow, that is a tremendous achievement! Well done! How did you do it - was it calorie control + will power ?

"I need to get back into my whole fitness routine, obviously post surgery I have to avoid working out, particularly my upper body.

And the only two activities I do are yoga (which uses a lot of upper body and core) and Pole dancing (even more upper body )

I can’t even run at the moment so I’ve been literally walking and I’m feeling the weight piling on and on

So yeah, I can’t wait to go back into those, especially Pole!! X "

Oh frustrating, but recovery time very important! When might you be allowed to start again? I'm envious of you doing pole! That takes some core strength and control

"Hello everyone

Have been doing mostly the same thing since l was a teen , never forget that Health is Wealth , it doesn't matter what you do once you enjoy it and have the health to do it , most important. "

Oo i like that mantra!

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

I am training around and trying to rehab a torn rotator cuff.

So no real chest and shoulder work as such...just rehab work... but I am managing to train 4 or 5 days a week.

I have no goals though. For me its the joy of doing it.

"Yes, my training goals are going good. I have ramped it up and I have started calorie cycling this week as it is another strategy to cut the calories further, it is the plan to get more shredded It is fun "

Oh what is calorie cycling

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Just rehabbing injuries and trying to stay active. Work, as usual, is crazy. Doing 16-18 hour shifts somewhat regularly in a physical job will keep you somewhat fit, but it’s not the same as gym fit.

Usually I’d take injury rehab as a time to get leaner, but I just can’t be bothered right now with counting calories and tracking my weight. I can still see a few abs in the morning so I know I’m not doing terrible

I think part of living a healthy life style is knowing when to kick it up a notch and when it let it settle, and being ok with whatever one your currently in. I’m chilling right now. Still lifting 3-5 times a week and working a physical job for 60-80 hours a week so I’m not gonna accidentally get too off track

"Morning Midnight,

Still teaching dancing twice a week and recently joined a new yoga class which I love. Walking daily in preparation for the kilt walk in April, doing the kids one with my little nephew as he wants to raise money for a cancer charity - he is only 5 and asked to do this in memory of his papa which I think is super cute, I’m also doing the adult one to raise awareness and money for mental health xx

Good luck to everyone on there fitness journey xx"

Ohhh the kilt walk sounds great - it must be very hard for your nephew (remind me at Manchester and I'll sponsor you!)

Do you wear a tutu when you teach

"I am training around and trying to rehab a torn rotator cuff.

So no real chest and shoulder work as such...just rehab work... but I am managing to train 4 or 5 days a week.

I have no goals though. For me its the joy of doing it. "

I've had a damaged rotor cuff for years (6-7?)..the official diagnosis now is 'its really pissed off' (no shit sherlock, it makes me cry)

So are you going weights, or cardio? Or other as part if your normal training?

2022 goals got hit in 2021

Need to think up some new crazy stuff

"Just rehabbing injuries and trying to stay active. Work, as usual, is crazy. Doing 16-18 hour shifts somewhat regularly in a physical job will keep you somewhat fit, but it’s not the same as gym fit.

Usually I’d take injury rehab as a time to get leaner, but I just can’t be bothered right now with counting calories and tracking my weight. I can still see a few abs in the morning so I know I’m not doing terrible

I think part of living a healthy life style is knowing when to kick it up a notch and when it let it settle, and being ok with whatever one your currently in. I’m chilling right now. Still lifting 3-5 times a week and working a physical job for 60-80 hours a week so I’m not gonna accidentally get too off track "

I think this is such an important mind frame to have.. I love the notching up /down ethos

"2022 goals got hit in 2021

"

Oh what did you achieve in 2021?

"I need to get back into my whole fitness routine, obviously post surgery I have to avoid working out, particularly my upper body.

Oh frustrating, but recovery time very important! When might you be allowed to start again? I'm envious of you doing pole! That takes some core strength and control "

I’ve always had some good core strength but I think it’s to do with the years of yoga. Upper strength is okay-ish, definitely still working on it haha

But my fave, apart from little tricks, is the dance routine in between, I found that part to be so so satisfying and gives you such a boost in body confidence!! Totally recommend it

Also I have to wait another 3 weeks at least I am feeling so fat right now

Yes- 5 weekday mornings before work

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

"Morning Midnight,

Ohhh the kilt walk sounds great - it must be very hard for your nephew (remind me at Manchester and I'll sponsor you!)

Do you wear a tutu when you teach "

Haha…on occasion yes when I’m not tap dancing he’s a little soul, such a kind heart it’s a 5 mile walk for the one with the little people so proud of him xx

Oh what did you achieve in 2021?"

500 sits up drop sets from 30kg

100 a set no stoping apart from dropping wight

So first set is 100 at 30kg

Drop 5kg and stright back in 100 at 25kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 20kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 15kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 10kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 5kg for the final set

BSE

I've had a damaged rotor cuff for years (6-7?)..the official diagnosis now is 'its really pissed off' (no shit sherlock, it makes me cry)

So are you going weights, or cardio? Or other as part if your normal training? "

I don't do cardio. I train 2 or 3 bodyparts and go from one to the other.

Blood shunting increases cardio load due to nearly continuous lactate removal.

Its basically mini circuit training using weights.

I did all my cardio in my youth and have worn out my suspension, so no running for me.

"Yes, my training goals are going good. I have ramped it up and I have started calorie cycling this week as it is another strategy to cut the calories further, it is the plan to get more shredded It is fun

Oh what is calorie cycling "

It is like another approach where you focus on the weekly calories, rather than the daily ones, so I eat 2500 a day, that equals to 17500 a week, so then you divide the calories into low and high days. I have 4 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900 calories, that approach helps me to eat fewer calories, another word for it is, zig zagging, my 2 of my high days are on the weekend

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Strangely I’ve stuck to it. I didn’t really set goals when I started just said I’d try and see what happens. I’ve lost a little weight and some of the wobbly bits aren’t as wobbly. And I’ve you squint really hard you can make out a 2 pack

By *ungle VIP 1Man  over a year ago

colchester

As someone who sets myself goals each year only to get bored and stop. This year im sticking to it, days weights and exercise bike and rowing machine then days rest. Starting to see results and feeling stronger and healthier. Also improved my mental health as well and my sex drive is higher as well. All in all its good and if like me you have found yourself getting bored and giving up, then i recommend getting back on it and feel good about yourself.

I’m focusing more on cardio and getting lean longer cardio sessions I’m working on

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I start my 10 week journey with a PT on 26th March

#gottagetmymojoback

Oh frustrating, but recovery time very important! When might you be allowed to start again? I'm envious of you doing pole! That takes some core strength and control

I’ve always had some good core strength but I think it’s to do with the years of yoga. Upper strength is okay-ish, definitely still working on it haha

But my fave, apart from little tricks, is the dance routine in between, I found that part to be so so satisfying and gives you such a boost in body confidence!! Totally recommend it

Also I have to wait another 3 weeks at least I am feeling so fat right now "

Ahh 3 weeks will go by in a flash x

"Yes- 5 weekday mornings before work "

Oh I'm fascinated by morning people! I cannot motivate myself in the morning

"Morning Midnight,

Do you wear a tutu when you teach

Haha…on occasion yes when I’m not tap dancing he’s a little soul, such a kind heart it’s a 5 mile walk for the one with the little people so proud of him xx"

Drop 5kg off 100 at 20kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 15kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 10kg

"

Holy fucking shit balls

I reckon you could pick me up, no bother!

So are you going weights, or cardio? Or other as part if your normal training?

I don't do cardio. I train 2 or 3 bodyparts and go from one to the other.

Blood shunting increases cardio load due to nearly continuous lactate removal.

Its basically mini circuit training using weights.

I did all my cardio in my youth and have worn out my suspension, so no running for me."

Oh it sounds like my weight routine!

"Yes, my training goals are going good. I have ramped it up and I have started calorie cycling this week as it is another strategy to cut the calories further, it is the plan to get more shredded It is fun

Oh what is calorie cycling It is like another approach where you focus on the weekly calories, rather than the daily ones, so I eat 2500 a day, that equals to 17500 a week, so then you divide the calories into low and high days. I have 4 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900 calories, that approach helps me to eat fewer calories, another word for it is, zig zagging, my 2 of my high days are on the weekend "

Ohhhhh.. I don't think I'm clever enough (orr dedicated) to figure out my daily calorie intake... But its certainly too high

I was going really well then I caught covid which knocked me for 6 took a bit to get back into it and now I’m sporting an ankle injury which has held me back a bit from full activity. Resting it over the weekend and back to full action from Monday I think

"Strangely I’ve stuck to it. I didn’t really set goals when I started just said I’d try and see what happens. I’ve lost a little weight and some of the wobbly bits aren’t as wobbly. And I’ve you squint really hard you can make out a 2 pack "

I think part of the mindset is publicly declaring the intention.. When i do these threads and talk about my challenges i find I'm focussed the week after and usually breakthrough whatever my imaginary barrier was!

"As someone who sets myself goals each year only to get bored and stop. This year im sticking to it, days weights and exercise bike and rowing machine then days rest. Starting to see results and feeling stronger and healthier. Also improved my mental health as well and my sex drive is higher as well. All in all its good and if like me you have found yourself getting bored and giving up, then i recommend getting back on it and feel good about yourself. "

Oh thats brilliant that you've broken your cycle ... What has been different this year do you think?

"I’m focusing more on cardio and getting lean longer cardio sessions I’m working on "

Are you doing cardio in the gym or out and about?

"I start my 10 week journey with a PT on 26th March

#gottagetmymojoback"

Oh PTs are a great motivation and hold you accountable to yourself! Its a great investment.. I would definitely do more if i had to turn up for a training session

"I was going really well then I caught covid which knocked me for 6 took a bit to get back into it and now I’m sporting an ankle injury which has held me back a bit from full activity. Resting it over the weekend and back to full action from Monday I think "

Oh that is very frustrating.. Take it steady, it'll be tempting to do too much at first

Drop 5kg off 100 at 20kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 15kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 10kg

Holy fucking shit balls

I reckon you could pick me up, no bother! "

Yes I could

"I’m focusing more on cardio and getting lean longer cardio sessions I’m working on

Are you doing cardio in the gym or out and about? "

In the gym Stationary bike, Treadmill and the stair master

Going well for me back in the gym after 4 years off and started doing brf training and more calisthenics, it's better then just lofting weights all the time.

"Going well for me back in the gym after 4 years off and started doing brf training and more calisthenics, it's better then just lofting weights all the time."

Sorry bfr training

By *ungle VIP 1Man  over a year ago

colchester

"As someone who sets myself goals each year only to get bored and stop. This year im sticking to it, days weights and exercise bike and rowing machine then days rest. Starting to see results and feeling stronger and healthier. Also improved my mental health as well and my sex drive is higher as well. All in all its good and if like me you have found yourself getting bored and giving up, then i recommend getting back on it and feel good about yourself.

Oh thats brilliant that you've broken your cycle ... What has been different this year do you think? "

the need to make myself feel better about myself and to look good to others, its hard being a slim skinny man, or maybe thats all in my head.

Getting there, training in going well after last year written off because of injury.

Too late for me to compete this year so.all about getting g strength back and an 800kg+ total in the gym ready to compete again next year at British, European and World champs.

By *entative_steps7781Couple  over a year ago

Home

Shit! Have lost all motivation to go to the gym, and given the way costs are rising it's looking like I need to drop excess spending, so gym will be the first to go.

MJ x

BSE

"Shit! Have lost all motivation to go to the gym, and given the way costs are rising it's looking like I need to drop excess spending, so gym will be the first to go.

MJ x"

It all works out if you take the cost of showering everyday

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I need to get back on treadmill and stop having weak days where I eat all the wrong shite

Have 7 weeks for a holiday and need to,lose some weight quickly

Drop 5kg off 100 at 20kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 15kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 10kg

Holy fucking shit balls

Yes I could "

I'm imaging that exercise in the Gym... Next I'll do Midnight chest raises

"I’m focusing more on cardio and getting lean longer cardio sessions I’m working on

In the gym Stationary bike, Treadmill and the stair master "

Do you drive to the gym or walk/run/cycle ?

"Going well for me back in the gym after 4 years off and started doing brf training and more calisthenics, it's better then just lofting weights all the time.

Sorry bfr training "

Oh I'll have to Google bfr

"As someone who sets myself goals each year only to get bored and stop. This year im sticking to it, days weights and exercise bike and rowing machine then days rest. Starting to see results and feeling stronger and healthier. Also improved my mental health as well and my sex drive is higher as well. All in all its good and if like me you have found yourself getting bored and giving up, then i recommend getting back on it and feel good about yourself.

Oh thats brilliant that you've broken your cycle ... What has been different this year do you think? the need to make myself feel better about myself and to look good to others, its hard being a slim skinny man, or maybe thats all in my head.

"

Whatever your motivation its working for you

"Getting there, training in going well after last year written off because of injury.

Too late for me to compete this year so.all about getting g strength back and an 800kg+ total in the gym ready to compete again next year at British, European and World champs."

So hard when you pick up an injury.... But great to have something to work towards, it sounds very exciting

"Shit! Have lost all motivation to go to the gym, and given the way costs are rising it's looking like I need to drop excess spending, so gym will be the first to go.

MJ x"

Awww.. Gym memberships are not cheap.. Mine just went up by £3 a month

Plenty of free programs on line. What kind of training do you like? We might be able to give you some suggestions

"I need to get back on treadmill and stop having weak days where I eat all the wrong shite

Have 7 weeks for a holiday and need to,lose some weight quickly"

Holidays are a great motivation! Why don't you start today!

Drop 5kg off 100 at 20kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 15kg

Drop 5kg off 100 at 10kg

Holy fucking shit balls

Yes I could

I'm imaging that exercise in the Gym... Next I'll do Midnight chest raises "

That was a very good one

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

The only number targets I had set were doing a 100kg squat and 140kg deadlift which I have met.

I mostly just try to take it workout by workout and see where it takes me without having set targets. I would like to get down to 11 or 12 percent body fat (currently at 14) but not sure how I can do that while still building muscle which is the overall goal.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Going well so far, back into another three month program and hoping to hit a few comps in the summer.

Aiming for a 110kg log press

140kg sandbag

300 deadlift with the trap bar

Do you drive to the gym or walk/run/cycle ? "

Always walk to the gym it’s not far from me so that’s a extra cardio too

Currently injured so feel a bit rubbish about maintaining/reaching my goals at the moment. I'll be going into my next event under prepared

"The only number targets I had set were doing a 100kg squat and 140kg deadlift which I have met.

I mostly just try to take it workout by workout and see where it takes me without having set targets. I would like to get down to 11 or 12 percent body fat (currently at 14) but not sure how I can do that while still building muscle which is the overall goal."

Oh you've already smashed your targets

And i have no idea how to reduce body fat whilst building muscle... Unless you go plant based maybe

"Going well so far, back into another three month program and hoping to hit a few comps in the summer.

140kg sandbag

300 deadlift with the trap bar "

Woah those are dizzying numbers! Amazing goals , good luck

Do you drive to the gym or walk/run/cycle ?

Always walk to the gym it’s not far from me so that’s a extra cardio too "

I can't wait for lighter evenings so i can walk to the gym.. I might have to get up an hour early tho, so i can leave work an hour earlier.. On a Tuesday I'll need 5 hours for walking and doing my classes its almost a full-time job

"Currently injured so feel a bit rubbish about maintaining/reaching my goals at the moment. I'll be going into my next event under prepared "

Well think positively, it can only get better from here and this is your lowest bar

Not really any goals other than to maintain fitness and strength as I near 50 to keep up with these young whipper snappers.

"Not really any goals other than to maintain fitness and strength as I near 50 to keep up with these young whipper snappers. "

Don't bother, I played semi professional sports until late 40s, the Monday morning stiffness certainly wasn't something that would make a woman smile!!

"Not really any goals other than to maintain fitness and strength as I near 50 to keep up with these young whipper snappers. "

Its harder even to just maintain I've found as i hit my 50s

"Not really any goals other than to maintain fitness and strength as I near 50 to keep up with these young whipper snappers.

Its harder even to just maintain I've found as i hit my 50s "

Don't i know it!!

Trying ti maintain motivation is the main killer for me have to pull myself up early mornings and fight myself to do it.

Surprisingly I’m close to hitting my targets so everything's looking up.

"Not really any goals other than to maintain fitness and strength as I near 50 to keep up with these young whipper snappers.

Don't i know it!!"

Life's a bitch and then you die

As I start on a new 8 weeks of strength training, I’m looking to put a build a bit of lean muscle and improve my body shape. I need to also work on my consistency and nutrition, it’s been a little ragged for a few weeks.

Don't i know it!!

Life's a bitch and then you die "

And I've just torn up Midnight's life coach application

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I'm pretty happy - I've kept consistent, lifting 3-4 times a week, have hit some new PBs at volume (5 and 8RMs), which I hope have set a new baseline for bigger PBs overall, and also feel like I'm making progress with my Olympic lifts.

But, never fully happy (who is!), and know I need to fit more cardio or HIIT in as I'd like to bring bodyfat down a bit...so will try to ramp that up over next few weeks.

"As I start on a new 8 weeks of strength training, I’m looking to put a build a bit of lean muscle and improve my body shape. I need to also work on my consistency and nutrition, it’s been a little ragged for a few weeks. "

My consistency is flakey... Tonight for instance I've had to ditch the gym to work late

Had an op just before Xmas.. now fully recovered and ready to start back at the gym next week.. Im so looking forward to it

Nikki x

Don't i know it!!

Life's a bitch and then you die

And I've just torn up Midnight's life coach application "

Oh that was my best life coach line

Derby

"The only number targets I had set were doing a 100kg squat and 140kg deadlift which I have met.

I mostly just try to take it workout by workout and see where it takes me without having set targets. I would like to get down to 11 or 12 percent body fat (currently at 14) but not sure how I can do that while still building muscle which is the overall goal.

And i have no idea how to reduce body fat whilst building muscle... Unless you go plant based maybe "

Thank you, maybe an 80kg bench by the end of the year is the next one. I hate my chest so looking to build that I guess.

I can see benefits of adding more plant based things. I do 6 days a week of weights so maybe cut that down and add more cardio? Something to look up

"I'm pretty happy - I've kept consistent, lifting 3-4 times a week, have hit some new PBs at volume (5 and 8RMs), which I hope have set a new baseline for bigger PBs overall, and also feel like I'm making progress with my Olympic lifts.

But, never fully happy (who is!), and know I need to fit more cardio or HIIT in as I'd like to bring bodyfat down a bit...so will try to ramp that up over next few weeks."

Oh you sound intentional and focused, well done on your achievements so far.. Its always good to have other things to aim for

"As I start on a new 8 weeks of strength training, I’m looking to put a build a bit of lean muscle and improve my body shape. I need to also work on my consistency and nutrition, it’s been a little ragged for a few weeks.

My consistency is flakey... Tonight for instance I've had to ditch the gym to work late "

My coach has read me the riot act, drumming home that if I want the results, I gotta improve on that.

"Had an op just before Xmas.. now fully recovered and ready to start back at the gym next week.. Im so looking forward to it

Nikki x

"

Oh good luck! I'm excited for you.. But don't overdo it!

And i have no idea how to reduce body fat whilst building muscle... Unless you go plant based maybe

Thank you, maybe an 80kg bench by the end of the year is the next one. I hate my chest so looking to build that I guess.

I can see benefits of adding more plant based things. I do 6 days a week of weights so maybe cut that down and add more cardio? Something to look up "

What about rowing machine?? A nice, slow steady and consistent pull, but with power (keep the speed down though do you really feel the stroke) for say 1.5 to 5k meters? It's a really nice cardio /toning upper and lower body workout.. Low impact and fits really nicely with weights programme

London

I mostly just try to take it workout by workout and see where it takes me without having set targets. I would like to get down to 11 or 12 percent body fat (currently at 14) but not sure how I can do that while still building muscle which is the overall goal."

14% is really good, mate. Would love to hit that! I hover around 18% but just seem to like food too much, hence the post about ramping up my cardio!!

"As I start on a new 8 weeks of strength training, I’m looking to put a build a bit of lean muscle and improve my body shape. I need to also work on my consistency and nutrition, it’s been a little ragged for a few weeks.

My consistency is flakey... Tonight for instance I've had to ditch the gym to work late

My coach has read me the riot act, drumming home that if I want the results, I gotta improve on that. "

so sounds like they have consistency under control

What nutrition challenges are you having?

Derby

"What about rowing machine?? A nice, slow steady and consistent pull, but with power (keep the speed down though do you really feel the stroke) for say 1.5 to 5k meters? It's a really nice cardio /toning upper and lower body workout.. Low impact and fits really nicely with weights programme "

I do enjoy steady state cardio, I just need to find more time to do it and figure it into my routine. Plus, weights are always more fun

My coach has read me the riot act, drumming home that if I want the results, I gotta improve on that.

What nutrition challenges are you having? "

Not eating enough it would seem. Big protein targets and I don’t drink enough water.

London

"I'm pretty happy - I've kept consistent, lifting 3-4 times a week, have hit some new PBs at volume (5 and 8RMs), which I hope have set a new baseline for bigger PBs overall, and also feel like I'm making progress with my Olympic lifts.

But, never fully happy (who is!), and know I need to fit more cardio or HIIT in as I'd like to bring bodyfat down a bit...so will try to ramp that up over next few weeks.

Oh you sound intentional and focused, well done on your achievements so far.. Its always good to have other things to aim for "

Not so sure about that, but all you can do is keep on keeping on, right? You sound the same, and these threads are great motivation!

Derby

14% is really good, mate. Would love to hit that! I hover around 18% but just seem to like food too much, hence the post about ramping up my cardio!! "

Haha it's the ultimate evil at times! I have quite a skinny build so was around that to start with before I started taking lifting and dieting seriously. I don't calorie count but the extra fat seems to have been a side effect to the extra muscle building

"What about rowing machine?? A nice, slow steady and consistent pull, but with power (keep the speed down though do you really feel the stroke) for say 1.5 to 5k meters? It's a really nice cardio /toning upper and lower body workout.. Low impact and fits really nicely with weights programme

I do enjoy steady state cardio, I just need to find more time to do it and figure it into my routine. Plus, weights are always more fun "

The beauty of rowing is that it doesn't take very long, get it over and done with in 10 mins

Not eating enough it would seem. Big protein targets and I don’t drink enough water. "

I can recommend plant protein

I find drinking water a challenge too

Oh you sound intentional and focused, well done on your achievements so far.. Its always good to have other things to aim for

Not so sure about that, but all you can do is keep on keeping on, right? You sound the same, and these threads are great motivation!"

I find it helps me sharing my progress and my intention.. It keeps me motivated and on track

By *edsmudgeMan  over a year ago

oxford

Not eating enough it would seem. Big protein targets and I don’t drink enough water. "

Have you tried the ‘clear’ protein powders (all sorts of fruity flavours)

Plus chocolate protein powder mixes well with your first coffee ; couple of coffees before you leave for work can add up to 40gs

Personally it’s going alright

London

Not so sure about that, but all you can do is keep on keeping on, right? You sound the same, and these threads are great motivation!

I find it helps me sharing my progress and my intention.. It keeps me motivated and on track "

Yes, it does. I'm not good enough at saying publicly what my goals are, but it helps keep you honest!

On your earlier post, don't be put off by the weights section! I used to be, but now just ignore the peacocks and "gym bros" and crack on (appreciate it's different for a woman at many gyms, though)!

I find it helps me sharing my progress and my intention.. It keeps me motivated and on track

Yes, it does. I'm not good enough at saying publicly what my goals are, but it helps keep you honest!

On your earlier post, don't be put off by the weights section! I used to be, but now just ignore the peacocks and "gym bros" and crack on (appreciate it's different for a woman at many gyms, though)!"

Yeah i just need to get out of my head

"Going well so far, back into another three month program and hoping to hit a few comps in the summer.

140kg sandbag

300 deadlift with the trap bar "

Sandbags are horrible. I had a loading medley in one comp, 2 100kg kegs, a 110kg sandbag and a 125kg sandbag over 20m, nearly killed me.

Log was my nemesis, one reason I gave up strongman as my overhead was too weak to be competitive at a high level. Needed to be up at 140kg for reps or a 170kg+ max. Most I ever did was 135kg.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

All I can say, is I'm in awe of those who are achieving their goals plus I'm jealous of those who are into their physical workouts & being successful.

Because of severe limitations in using Gym equipment and physical body restrictions, I can only lose weight through diet. I'm getting there, albeit slowly; only 2 stones to go!

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I keep thinking about joining the gym and that's as far as I get, basically I haven't started

London

"All I can say, is I'm in awe of those who are achieving their goals plus I'm jealous of those who are into their physical workouts & being successful.

Because of severe limitations in using Gym equipment and physical body restrictions, I can only lose weight through diet. I'm getting there, albeit slowly; only 2 stones to go!"

Well done, mate - keep going! Can you swim? Great low impact cardio.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"All I can say, is I'm in awe of those who are achieving their goals plus I'm jealous of those who are into their physical workouts & being successful.

Because of severe limitations in using Gym equipment and physical body restrictions, I can only lose weight through diet. I'm getting there, albeit slowly; only 2 stones to go!

Well done, mate - keep going! Can you swim? Great low impact cardio."

I don't swim. Added issue I found only 3 years ago when my GP put me forward for an Aquarobics class at a local Swimming pool, I couldn't grasp the ladder handles tightly enough, when climbing down into the pool.

That idea lasted 10 minutes.

Because of severe limitations in using Gym equipment and physical body restrictions, I can only lose weight through diet. I'm getting there, albeit slowly; only 2 stones to go!"

That must be so frustrating for you.. Sending hugs x

"I keep thinking about joining the gym and that's as far as I get, basically I haven't started "

Yeah but in fairness you walk about 10 miles day and clearly your daily job is hitting the mark... How many cream donuts this week??!

By *lklad1Man  over a year ago

hull

"Hello everyone

"

Yes I’d say they have. It has taken some time in all honesty… but it was definitely worth it. Diet has sort of become lifestyle so I guess that’s the easy part, as I know a lot of people find diets hit and miss.

If I were to offer advice: you’re eating for purpose and not taste.

To all those still working towards their goals, continue to smash them as you never know who’s paying attention to your journey, taking notes and using you as their inspiration

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

"I keep thinking about joining the gym and that's as far as I get, basically I haven't started

Yeah but in fairness you walk about 10 miles day and clearly your daily job is hitting the mark... How many cream donuts this week??! "

This is very true and thank you

Non but lots of other things I really shouldn't eat

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

140kg sandbag

300 deadlift with the trap bar

Woah those are dizzying numbers! Amazing goals , good luck "

Thanks very much !

2023 is gonna be my year

By *appycouple300Couple  over a year ago

North Dorset

Training is going well. Been mostly at home in the last couple of years but lucky I have power bags, kettle bells, TRX, Row Erg etc. HIIT sessions most days

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I going to the gym approx 3 times a week, just weights. I'm losing inches, which is what I want.

I just feel I'm not doing things quite right and could do with an experienced person to give me a few tips.

The pt's in the gym look 12 and I don't feel comfortable to even attend their classes or a private pt session.

By *.R.MMan  over a year ago

Norfolk

I’m half way through my training plan for a marathon, tiredness is kicking in and also eating all the food. Otherwise it’s all good

"Hello everyone

Yes I’d say they have. It has taken some time in all honesty… but it was definitely worth it. Diet has sort of become lifestyle so I guess that’s the easy part, as I know a lot of people find diets hit and miss.

If I were to offer advice: you’re eating for purpose and not taste.

To all those still working towards their goals, continue to smash them as you never know who’s paying attention to your journey, taking notes and using you as their inspiration "

Ooo but eating for purpose over taste doesn't sound fun

[Removed by poster at 18/03/22 07:24:30]

"I keep thinking about joining the gym and that's as far as I get, basically I haven't started

Yeah but in fairness you walk about 10 miles day and clearly your daily job is hitting the mark... How many cream donuts this week??!

This is very true and thank you

Non but lots of other things I really shouldn't eat "

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’m wanking myself fit this year. 1000 wanks in March is my mini target

"2023 is gonna be my year"

Do you not like the gym, not enough time, cba, or too many other hobbies?

In my 30s i was pretty hit + miss due to 'life'

"Training is going well. Been mostly at home in the last couple of years but lucky I have power bags, kettle bells, TRX, Row Erg etc. HIIT sessions most days"

I've got some hand weights that i keep next to my pc for when I'm on a 4 hour zoom, but i keep forgetting to them

By *angerous123Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Not so great this week as I've been ill so no training. Overall though it's going good. I've been putting size on the last 3 years (even in lockdown cooped up with some basic kit in my garage) so I can enter open class the next time I'm onstage. Recently I've started to cut back to see what's been built and I'm VERY happy with the look so far, shapes gonna be crackers

Also fitness related....I'm a PT and recently started at a new gym. At my old place it took me 18 months to build enough clients to call it a viable business...then corona happened and decimated me. I'm surprised I even survived as I got NO HELP from the goverment. I nearly quit the industry. I didn't and landed my current job.

I've managed to completely fill my books (and take out of hours clients on double rate too) within the 2 months I've been there. Yesterday was a 12 hr day with 10 PT sessions and 1 class!

I'm so fucking chuffed and I have to keep pinching myself. After the last few years of struggle it's almost hard to enjoy as I keep thinking somethings going to go wrong, so I guess I need to work on that

"I going to the gym approx 3 times a week, just weights. I'm losing inches, which is what I want.

I just feel I'm not doing things quite right and could do with an experienced person to give me a few tips.

The pt's in the gym look 12 and I don't feel comfortable to even attend their classes or a private pt session."

If they are employed there, they should know how to safely use the equipment and they should be able to build you a ptogramme based on what you want to do. Mine is built around having a strong, toned, core

"I’m half way through my training plan for a marathon, tiredness is kicking in and also eating all the food. Otherwise it’s all good "

Oh i admire you.. I'd love to tick that box and say I've done a marathon

"I’m wanking myself fit this year. 1000 wanks in March is my mini target "

Ahh so you are building your arms and shoulders through many small, but repetitive and varied speed reps

"Not so great this week as I've been ill so no training. Overall though it's going good. I've been putting size on the last 3 years (even in lockdown cooped up with some basic kit in my garage) so I can enter open class the next time I'm onstage. Recently I've started to cut back to see what's been built and I'm VERY happy with the look so far, shapes gonna be crackers

Also fitness related....I'm a PT and recently started at a new gym. At my old place it took me 18 months to build enough clients to call it a viable business...then corona happened and decimated me. I'm surprised I even survived as I got NO HELP from the goverment. I nearly quit the industry. I didn't and landed my current job.

I've managed to completely fill my books (and take out of hours clients on double rate too) within the 2 months I've been there. Yesterday was a 12 hr day with 10 PT sessions and 1 class!

I'm so fucking chuffed and I have to keep pinching myself. After the last few years of struggle it's almost hard to enjoy as I keep thinking somethings going to go wrong, so I guess I need to work on that"

Oh that's brilliant.. I'm so glad you've bounced back ! I can't imagine how hard its been

What class did you take /teach ?

Leeds

"I going to the gym approx 3 times a week, just weights. I'm losing inches, which is what I want.

The pt's in the gym look 12 and I don't feel comfortable to even attend their classes or a private pt session."

Whereabouts in the South East are you? Maybe take a look to see if there are any private PT studios. Perhaps you have an Ultimate Performance gym near? (very high end PTs but you pay a premium)

Unfortunately most PTs in commercial gyms aren't very good. The actual PT course only teaches you how not to get sued and commercial gyms business model for PTs are so terrible that many quality PTs soon leave for smaller gyms or private studios

Leeds

"Not so great this week as I've been ill so no training. Overall though it's going good. I've been putting size on the last 3 years (even in lockdown cooped up with some basic kit in my garage) so I can enter open class the next time I'm onstage. Recently I've started to cut back to see what's been built and I'm VERY happy with the look so far, shapes gonna be crackers

I'm so fucking chuffed and I have to keep pinching myself. After the last few years of struggle it's almost hard to enjoy as I keep thinking somethings going to go wrong, so I guess I need to work on that

Oh that's brilliant.. I'm so glad you've bounced back ! I can't imagine how hard its been

What class did you take /teach ? "

Aw thank you! It's been really difficult but I do believe I have something offer the industry so glad I stuck it out.

Yesterday's class was a boot camp but I also teach boxing and a barbell class based on Body Pump. I also recently got my Spin instructor qualification. Had to do 6 X 45 minute spin classes plus teach one of them on assessment day...my god I nearly died

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I've switched my gym times to the mornings before work as they moved premises and the evenings didn't work for me anymore.

Really enjoying early mornings.

Hit a new bench and deadlift pb this month. 82.5kg and 140kg respectively which I'm happy about. Just need to get my squat pb now lol

Leeds

"I've switched my gym times to the mornings before work as they moved premises and the evenings didn't work for me anymore.

Hit a new bench and deadlift pb this month. 82.5kg and 140kg respectively which I'm happy about. Just need to get my squat pb now lol "

Wow, impressive numbers!

I'm going to start training on Monday. I'm maintaining my fitness, just about.

Aiming for 3 trys next week goal wise i dont really have

I’m back to my yoga now, after quite a while of struggling to exercise other than my walking.

I’m considering going back to Thai boxing for the first time in two years tomorrow .

I may need an ambulance

By *unnybunny1000Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Yep, still managing to run 3 times a week and finally lost the extra christmas weight

"I’m back to my yoga now, after quite a while of struggling to exercise other than my walking.

I’m considering going back to Thai boxing for the first time in two years tomorrow .

I may need an ambulance "

just do whatever you feel comfortable with and as much as you're comfortable with , most important , so many make the mistake of going in too fast too soon and spend days if not weeks recovering , you want to enjoy it not spend time recovering cause time spent recovering could be spent doing other things you enjoy , whatever they are , just take things as comfortable as you can , it's for you and no one else .

What class did you take /teach ?

Aw thank you! It's been really difficult but I do believe I have something offer the industry so glad I stuck it out.

Yesterday's class was a boot camp but I also teach boxing and a barbell class based on Body Pump. I also recently got my Spin instructor qualification. Had to do 6 X 45 minute spin classes plus teach one of them on assessment day...my god I nearly died "

6 spin classes on the same day

"I've switched my gym times to the mornings before work as they moved premises and the evenings didn't work for me anymore.

Hit a new bench and deadlift pb this month. 82.5kg and 140kg respectively which I'm happy about. Just need to get my squat pb now lol "

Wow that is great, sounds like you've really found your groove

"I'm going to start training on Monday. I'm maintaining my fitness, just about. "

What are your plans?

"Aiming for 3 trys next week goal wise i dont really have "

Trys.. Rugby??

"I’m back to my yoga now, after quite a while of struggling to exercise other than my walking.

I may need an ambulance "

Blimey go careful!

"Yep, still managing to run 3 times a week and finally lost the extra christmas weight "

Oh that's great, how do you feel?

By *.robrobrobrobMan  over a year ago

London

I cut carbs completely for a month and dropped a lot of weight. Feeling great and would recommend. And libido has hit the roof!

"I'm going to start training on Monday. I'm maintaining my fitness, just about.

What are your plans? "

Plans?! Erm... My plan is to muddle through, haha!

"Aiming for 3 trys next week goal wise i dont really have

Trys.. Rugby?? "

thats the one

I may need an ambulance

Blimey go careful! "

I will . I need to.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Got my punchbag back out...Great for relieving frustration and toning. Also got a pretty good right hook now

lost another 2lbs this week!

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Got my punchbag back out...Great for relieving frustration and toning. Also got a pretty good right hook now "

Just so fiery x

Leeds

"Got my punchbag back out...Great for relieving frustration and toning. Also got a pretty good right hook now

Just so fiery x"

It's great for my temper x

Dunfermline

"Got my punchbag back out...Great for relieving frustration and toning. Also got a pretty good right hook now

Just so fiery x

It's great for my temper x"

Yeah.....bit scared now x

Leeds

Just so fiery x

Yeah.....bit scared now x"

You are safe enough when my eyes are green

Dunfermline

Just so fiery x

Yeah.....bit scared now x

You are safe enough when my eyes are green "

.....makes mental note x

Oh what is calorie cycling It is like another approach where you focus on the weekly calories, rather than the daily ones, so I eat 2500 a day, that equals to 17500 a week, so then you divide the calories into low and high days. I have 4 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900 calories, that approach helps me to eat fewer calories, another word for it is, zig zagging, my 2 of my high days are on the weekend

Ohhhhh.. I don't think I'm clever enough (orr dedicated) to figure out my daily calorie intake... But its certainly too high "

Yes, it can be hard too, but still another fun way of doing it, but yes, one needs alot of dedication as well

"I cut carbs completely for a month and dropped a lot of weight. Feeling great and would recommend. And libido has hit the roof! "

No bread or pasta

.. Midnight does not compute

"I'm going to start training on Monday. I'm maintaining my fitness, just about.

What are your plans?

Plans?! Erm... My plan is to muddle through, haha! "

Oh like the rest of us then!

"Aiming for 3 trys next week goal wise i dont really have

Trys.. Rugby?? thats the one"

"Got my punchbag back out...Great for relieving frustration and toning. Also got a pretty good right hook now "

Blimey punchbags are heavy!! How do you move it?!

"lost another 2lbs this week!

"

Oh what is calorie cycling It is like another approach where you focus on the weekly calories, rather than the daily ones, so I eat 2500 a day, that equals to 17500 a week, so then you divide the calories into low and high days. I have 4 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900 calories, that approach helps me to eat fewer calories, another word for it is, zig zagging, my 2 of my high days are on the weekend

Ohhhhh.. I don't think I'm clever enough (orr dedicated) to figure out my daily calorie intake... But its certainly too high Yes, it can be hard too, but still another fun way of doing it, but yes, one needs alot of dedication as well "

If i could stop eating when full that would be an amazing start

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Mine has taken a slump at the moment due to work and studying but hopefully I can get back into again once things have settle down. At the moment, I'm just doing what I can, when I can mostly

I need to get a road bike and get used to doing some big miles on it. But I'm a bit wobbly on a bike.

"Mine has taken a slump at the moment due to work and studying but hopefully I can get back into again once things have settle down. At the moment, I'm just doing what I can, when I can mostly"

Oh work priorities mean I'm a bit inconsistent at the moment.. I need to learn to prioritise myself more

Matbe at home workouts might work better for you at the moment?

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Well my 4 months of u interrupted park runs stopped this morning - injured yesterday - trip to a&e this morning

"I need to get a road bike and get used to doing some big miles on it. But I'm a bit wobbly on a bike. "

Oh heck!! Maybe find some decent bridle paths to begin with

"Well my 4 months of u interrupted park runs stopped this morning - injured yesterday - trip to a&e this morning

"

Noooooo!! What did you do

harrow

"Well my 4 months of u interrupted park runs stopped this morning - injured yesterday - trip to a&e this morning

Noooooo!! What did you do "

Bashed toe when looking for running shorts yesterday. Didn’t think anything off it till this morning when big toe had ballooned and couldn’t get my trainer on, couldn’t put any weight on it.

So went to a&e as I thought I and fractured or broke it. Nope it was just an impact injury. Ice and painkillers for next few days ffs

Bashed toe when looking for running shorts yesterday. Didn’t think anything off it till this morning when big toe had ballooned and couldn’t get my trainer on, couldn’t put any weight on it.

So went to a&e as I thought I and fractured or broke it. Nope it was just an impact injury. Ice and painkillers for next few days ffs "

Oh bugger

harrow

So went to a&e as I thought I and fractured or broke it. Nope it was just an impact injury. Ice and painkillers for next few days ffs

Oh bugger "

Yeah it’s a bit rubbish!!! Planned a new parkrun all week.

Never mind it happens

I didn’t lose any of the weight that I’d planned but numbers are up on all my lifts so not a complete disaster.

Tonight we’re clearing out (drinking) all the alcohol in the house and stopping the weekend binges for a few weeks to see if this helps with weight loss.

Leeds

Blimey punchbags are heavy!! How do you move it?! "

Got it on a stand that I can raise or lower it if I want to through a few kicks in x

Plan is to cycle more miles than last year which was 1600 so have to do 32 miles per week every week & so far am on track

"I didn’t lose any of the weight that I’d planned but numbers are up on all my lifts so not a complete disaster.

Tonight we’re clearing out (drinking) all the alcohol in the house and stopping the weekend binges for a few weeks to see if this helps with weight loss."

Omg that is my approach too.. If i eat all the sweets tonight i won't be tempted to eat them in the week

Blimey punchbags are heavy!! How do you move it?!

Got it on a stand that I can raise or lower it if I want to through a few kicks in x"

Oh that sounds great! I keep looking at them in decathlon but i don't know if I'd use it

"Plan is to cycle more miles than last year which was 1600 so have to do 32 miles per week every week & so far am on track"

That sounds very realistic and manageable.. Do you go off road or road?

"I didn’t lose any of the weight that I’d planned but numbers are up on all my lifts so not a complete disaster.

Tonight we’re clearing out (drinking) all the alcohol in the house and stopping the weekend binges for a few weeks to see if this helps with weight loss.

Omg that is my approach too.. If i eat all the sweets tonight i won't be tempted to eat them in the week "

I forgot about the sweets. I guess I better get started

Omg that is my approach too.. If i eat all the sweets tonight i won't be tempted to eat them in the week

I forgot about the sweets. I guess I better get started "

Its a tough job!

I forgot about the sweets. I guess I better get started

Its a tough job! "

But somebody’s got to do it

11 stone x

"Plan is to cycle more miles than last year which was 1600 so have to do 32 miles per week every week & so far am on track

That sounds very realistic and manageable.. Do you go off road or road? "

Mainly off road but some road

Good fitness goals everyone