FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Local Charity awareness

Local Charity awareness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughty but nice... OP   Man  over a year ago

Staffs

I'm sure we all give money to the national and international charities and please continue to do so

What I want to do in this thread is have people high light a local charity to them it needs to be a registered charity

Please state what it is and the location,the idea being if you see one local to you and you want to donate you can research it and do so

Hopefully we get 175 charities highlighted that we didn't know about

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I dont really give to charities. I feel that what charities do, our government should be doing instead.

My beed with charities is that the money that they take mostly goes to the executives that run them. Also, people can only give a finite amount to charity, so how does one decide which charities are more deserving? Lastly, the poor give comparatively a greater portion on thei income than their more wealthy counterparts, which widens the gap between the ones that have and those that have not.

Staffs

"I dont really give to charities. I feel that what charities do, our government should be doing instead.

My beed with charities is that the money that they take mostly goes to the executives that run them. Also, people can only give a finite amount to charity, so how does one decide which charities are more deserving? Lastly, the poor give comparatively a greater portion on thei income than their more wealthy counterparts, which widens the gap between the ones that have and those that have not."

It is a public forum and you make a valid point but to fix the whole situation is going to take an awful lot of time and effort and right here right now people need help

So for purposes of this thread can we name a few worthy local charities to you that would benefit from being mentioned here

I'll start another thread about the issues and problems surrounding the broken system we have now and feel free to hijack that one with any beef you might have

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

"I dont really give to charities. I feel that what charities do, our government should be doing instead.

My beed with charities is that the money that they take mostly goes to the executives that run them. Also, people can only give a finite amount to charity, so how does one decide which charities are more deserving? Lastly, the poor give comparatively a greater portion on thei income than their more wealthy counterparts, which widens the gap between the ones that have and those that have not.

It is a public forum and you make a valid point but to fix the whole situation is going to take an awful lot of time and effort and right here right now people need help

So for purposes of this thread can we name a few worthy local charities to you that would benefit from being mentioned here

I'll start another thread about the issues and problems surrounding the broken system we have now and feel free to hijack that one with any beef you might have "

Here here

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

SWAD are a Dorset based sex awareness project for people with disabilities.

Staffs

"SWAD are a Dorset based sex awareness project for people with disabilities.

"

Good man I have friends in Dorest I'll let them know

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My beed with charities is that the money that they take mostly goes to the executives that run them. Also, people can only give a finite amount to charity, so how does one decide which charities are more deserving? Lastly, the poor give comparatively a greater portion on thei income than their more wealthy counterparts, which widens the gap between the ones that have and those that have not."

So many incorrect assumptions that I don’t know where to start. I’ve spent my entire career in the charity sector and no, most people in this sector are paid significantly less than in the private sector. I could double my salary by changing sectors. Show me one major charity that spends over half their income on wages!

Staffs

So many incorrect assumptions that I don’t know where to start. I’ve spent my entire career in the charity sector and no, most people in this sector are paid significantly less than in the private sector. I could double my salary by changing sectors. Show me one major charity that spends over half their income on wages! "

I'm starting a different thread for this subject

Please state a local needy charity near yourelf only thank you

» Add a new message to this topic