FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > should I delete my account?

should I delete my account?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etamax197t6 OP   Man  over a year ago

preston

After a few years on here of 100% rejection I think it's time to leave. This place just depresses me and leaves me feeling lower than I thought possible. I came here for some fun and have only found misery. And it really isn't doing anything positive for my opinion of women and people in general.

This is my final attempt at making contact. If anyone fancies chatting please get in touch. After this I'm gone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"After a few years on here of 100% rejection I think it's time to leave. This place just depresses me and leaves me feeling lower than I thought possible. I came here for some fun and have only found misery. And it really isn't doing anything positive for my opinion of women and people in general.

This is my final attempt at making contact. If anyone fancies chatting please get in touch. After this I'm gone.

"

I think if it’s making you feel miserable then yes, of course you should leave. It isn’t meant to make you feel like that! Who needs that, life is hard enough!

Maybe hide your profile and step back for a bit. Work on feeling happier

All the best fella.

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I’ve deleted mine twice, only to come back after each time.

This place can be soul destroying, but if you’re still open to people contacting you then maybe you should just step away for a few months and see how you feel after that.

Alternatively, get yourself a club membership. Every comment I’ve seen says that route is better than here, as long as you still put effort in.

Will be doing same pal

Full of rude people and some of them feel entitled

If you’ve had no contact in 2 years and this site is making you depressed and causing you to have a bad opinion of people then why on earth would you stay?

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

Just take a break from fab and come back with recharged energy...most of us need a break from this site every now and then. Women are bombarded with dick pics and offensive messages, therefore very easy for them to overlook or not see a decent guy on here. They are also slightly desensitised (again because of the constant bulshit they get from men here) so their attitude towards men can change. Don't take it personally...all men struggle on fab...trust me!

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

In terms of online stuff, fabs is literally the hardest version possible. By a huge margin

It’s like picking “extremely difficult” on a video game and being annoyed it hard

Try tinder, bumble, badoo. Even Facebook dating has an app now. All of those are much easier, much more straight forward and have bigger user bases.

Don’t give up. Shop around

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I’ve deleted mine twice, only to come back after each time.

This place can be soul destroying, but if you’re still open to people contacting you then maybe you should just step away for a few months and see how you feel after that.

Alternatively, get yourself a club membership. Every comment I’ve seen says that route is better than here, as long as you still put effort in."

I recommend this OP. I was away for about a year and it did me a whole world of good.

By *weet and SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Around the Midlands

"After a few years on here of 100% rejection I think it's time to leave. This place just depresses me and leaves me feeling lower than I thought possible. I came here for some fun and have only found misery. And it really isn't doing anything positive for my opinion of women and people in general.

I think if it’s making you feel miserable then yes, of course you should leave. It isn’t meant to make you feel like that! Who needs that, life is hard enough!

Maybe hide your profile and step back for a bit. Work on feeling happier "

Definitely agree with this. It can be so difficult for single guys regardless, so if it's not working out for you then it's time to change things.

All the best in whatever you decide

By *undayTarkaMan  over a year ago

South west

Yes you should leave

The withdrawal method is not always sensible but it seems like it might be here

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"

How exactly do you use the site? Do you just rely 9n messaging alone or do you get yourself to organised group socials and actually go to where the people are?

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"

Right well lots of people here feel like you from time to time .

Two suggestions one serrioue other a fun one .before leavening do what you've done now join in the

Forums and people will see the real you by your contribution .

Another surgrstion change your name to vhs it was a more success format. Or go more modern with streaming .

If 'anything' leaves you depressed, pack it in. Fab should be fun and if it's not, leave for your own self.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Fab probably won’t make you happy unless you get very lucky imho. I have been here on and off for about 8 or 9 years and it doesn’t get any easier to meet anyone. In fact tbh I had a lot more success when I was younger (can’t imagine why as I am way nicer now!)

Do yourself a favour, step back, regroup and after a month or three come back and just chat to begin with. Use the forums to express your personality and relax. Don’t forget the ratio of men to women on here is enormous so don’t imagine your the only one who feels like this.

Take it easy and best wishes

By *inks_apeyCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

We have always found socials and clubs are the best way to meet people, and then take it from there, suppose for single males it's more difficult as the %age of users is much higher.

"In terms of online stuff, fabs is literally the hardest version possible. By a huge margin

It’s like picking “extremely difficult” on a video game and being annoyed it hard

Try tinder, bumble, badoo. Even Facebook dating has an app now. All of those are much easier, much more straight forward and have bigger user bases.

Don’t give up. Shop around

"

This 100%

I'm on a few other dating sites and just stay here as a back up. Tinder & Bumble are much better and actually easier to get a convo and meet going.

I've had some good tines on here but Jesus it's hard work.

Earlier I was asked for face pics, done, asked for more, done, then I asked for one in return which resulted in a "no only when you can prove its you" WTF.

Some good ones on here but I wouldn't rely on here alone, no way.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Don't delete your account, hide it and take some time away. If you find something else out in RL that works, you can then always come back and delete then.

I take regular breaks and I'm also on another website which I feel suits me better and I use more as lately as fab has lost its appeal for me x

Why not go to clubs and socials and meet people they’re on and open up and down the country.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Join in with forum/cam room chat o/p. Maybe a few more public pics.

"

maybe improve your profile x get some better photos n shit

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Try a different avenue to meet women.

This isn't the easiest place to find what you want.

There's dating and hook up sites aplenty online so you should find something somewhere.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Shame as I've read your profile and you seem a nice guy compared to some absolute creatures on here. Don't be put off but if it makes you unhappy then definitely delete. No site is worth an impact on your self esteem.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Not telling you to close your account, but certainly makes sense to stop doing anything that makes you sad or feel worse about yourself (or others). Maybe a break?

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

If you haven't met even one person in all that time then I'm assuming you haven't been to any socials which is the best thing to do to get known in person

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"When the fun stops, stop."

Or at least do it differently.

If you really are listening to advice, in my opinion, the wording of this post won't be doing you many favours. It essentially says, "I'm leaving unless I get what I want." You've already said you don't have friends here, I doubt this is likely to garner you any more, sorry.

Best of luck either way,

Gbat

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Do whatever you want to do. If you're that unhappy and think leaving will help then by all means delete your account. No one can make that decision for you. You're a grown adult and only you can tell what's the best for you.

I don't think many will be interested in chatting tho just because you now want to leave and you want them to persuade you to stay.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman  over a year ago

Markfield

"change your name to vhs it was a more success format. Or go more modern with streaming ."

Love this! Maybe this is the change needed so that you’re matching with more compatible devices

Somebody upthread mentioned the word ‘desensitised’ to describe how women feel about their inbox on Fab, and the many (generic) messages we receive. This hits the nail right on the head for me.

A message would have to really stand out for me to bother replying at this point.

By *attoo manMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

This site is what it is.. We all have bad days on here. But when you do get a good day, all worth it. As a single man it is going to be 10 times harder than a women or couple on here the odds are stacked against you.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Somebody upthread mentioned the word ‘desensitised’ to describe how women feel about their inbox on Fab, and the many (generic) messages we receive. This hits the nail right on the head for me.

A message would have to really stand out for me to bother replying at this point."

That's an incredibly good shout. I hear this loud n clear.

By *l6789Man  over a year ago

croydon

"In terms of online stuff, fabs is literally the hardest version possible. By a huge margin

Don’t give up. Shop around "

This 100%

Fab has never been a place I meet women to be fair it’s more about the fun in a forum than meeting.

Don’t know what it is about trying to meet women here but I empathise with you OP and many do. Don’t take it too personally the very small ‘genuine’ female users here just spoilt for choice and not everyone wants to do IRL some just like the online experience.

Tinder is match a minute and you’ll get to chat to people

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Your age range preference will also limit you somewhat. Best of luck your mental health is much more important than any meet.

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

[Removed by poster at 16/03/22 15:33:35]

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Yes if it’s making you feel like that they I agree it’s probably best you leave for a while

You've done well if you have been here a few years and you are still here, you obviously have an optimistic soul. Just change what you use the site for, use it for looking at naked bodies or just pissing about on the forums instead. You can still keep your finger in the pie of fabs(if only) without expecting anything back and being dissapointed.

By *piced Dark RumMan  over a year ago

Torbay

I would also advise to leave if it’s making you feel this way.

This site has become less fun with a high portion of members being fake.

I have had some great meets but it has come with a lot of time wasted.super hard for single man, Impossible to absolutely filter as I see some are getting verified by other fake accounts

Try going out and encouraging yourself to strike up conversations

By *inks_apeyCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Also remember, this is a singers site, not a dating/hookup site, so if that's what your wanting you may struggle.

"

By the sounds of it I think you should delete your account

Getting any traction on this site is all about the photos…look at your photos. Women are shallow creatures as much as men

Sod writing loads of guff on your profile just have some decent pics.

The point of being on here is fun , if it’s making you miserable and unhappy ! Why on earth are you still here ?

By *omer47Man  over a year ago

leigh

Pal seriously if its making you depressed then I'd leave. The couples on here want either couples or females and if they are looking for a single guy then there are so many boxes they want ticking, basically if you are not hung like a horse, built like a brick shit house, last for hours and can repeat, dress smartly,smell nice etc your not going to get a look in....as for the females, well thats even harder they want wine and dining just to get to the next stage,,then again like the couples, want hung,gym fit, young guys with stamina, who again smell and dress smartly,who are willing to either travel or accommodate, etc etc etc...and after all that and if you do pass there strick criteria then,and only then you might get to meet with her.

If you have had a 100% rejection rate since being on here then if i was you I'd leave as there just not worth being depressed over.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"

This site has become very hard work I agree, but when you lift a hot wife’s dress for the first time and slip your hand into her knickers as her husband watches…….it’s all worth while

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Come back as vhs or dvd...you may be more successful

"Pal seriously if its making you depressed then I'd leave. The couples on here want either couples or females and if they are looking for a single guy then there are so many boxes they want ticking, basically if you are not hung like a horse, built like a brick shit house, last for hours and can repeat, dress smartly,smell nice etc your not going to get a look in....as for the females, well thats even harder they want wine and dining just to get to the next stage,,then again like the couples, want hung,gym fit, young guys with stamina, who again smell and dress smartly,who are willing to either travel or accommodate, etc etc etc...and after all that and if you do pass there strick criteria then,and only then you might get to meet with her.

If you have had a 100% rejection rate since being on here then if i was you I'd leave as there just not worth being depressed over. "

Your comments are always so positive and thoughtful...

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Pal seriously if its making you depressed then I'd leave. The couples on here want either couples or females and if they are looking for a single guy then there are so many boxes they want ticking, basically if you are not hung like a horse, built like a brick shit house, last for hours and can repeat, dress smartly,smell nice etc your not going to get a look in....as for the females, well thats even harder they want wine and dining just to get to the next stage,,then again like the couples, want hung,gym fit, young guys with stamina, who again smell and dress smartly,who are willing to either travel or accommodate, etc etc etc...and after all that and if you do pass there strick criteria then,and only then you might get to meet with her.

If you have had a 100% rejection rate since being on here then if i was you I'd leave as there just not worth being depressed over.

Your comments are always so positive and thoughtful... "

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

If it depresses you and makes you feel lower then yes definitely leave.

Or you could reframe it and just enjoy it for what it is.

" This place just depresses me and leaves me feeling lower than I thought possible. I came here for some fun and have only found misery.

"

Like a Google review of Luton

If it’s affecting ya self of self esteem bin it off, wherever or whomever might be the cause.

" This place just depresses me and leaves me feeling lower than I thought possible. I came here for some fun and have only found misery.

Like a Google review of Luton

If it’s affecting ya self of self esteem bin it off, wherever or whomever might be the cause. "

This made me laugh more than it should haha

"

Maybe think about changing your username to VHS¹976. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Shame u feel this way chin up x

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"

If anything in life depresses you it’s time to remove it from your life for your own well being

Good luck

hide your account ...you will be back they always do ..

I see this more as Facebook with naughtier photos. It's a networking tool, not a dating site.

I'm not saying people don't use it for dating but surely they are the minority?

OP you say you don't do clubs in your profile, what about organised socials?

If you're after just no strings sex you are probably better off on a dating website. I use those for dates, it doesn't mean I want a boyfriend... I use fab for seeing what's going on with the swinging world.

Hopefully you are happier on one of those cause you shouldn't be putting time into something that is demoralising for you x

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I can bet if the guys (it’s usually them complaining about not getting meets) used all the options that this site provides then they’d fair so much better.

FAB gives you a platform to not only sell yourself by writing a detailed profile and adding good pics, it also allows you to message people, go on cam, locate socials in your area or where you might be on holiday and see all the clubs and reviews around the country.

If you use all the tools FAB supplies I can safely say most guys would be happy with FAB.

Don’t blame FAB for not being successful on here…there’s only only person who can change your luck here…

K

Most of the experienced Fabbers have become jaded by profiles telling us how difficult they find it here. Take the advice that has been given, put in the effort, take your time, address your own issues and step away for a bit. Patience and hard work are required for the single man especially but not explicitly.

If your techniquest aren't working then try changing your techniques rather than changing everyone else. HTH

Maybe think about changing your username to VHS¹976. Good luck whatever you decide to do. "

This made me grin haha.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

You can take a break from fab, or hide the profile or stop sending messages for a while and use the forum instead, there are few options to do.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

So with all the support you've received here. What's your thoughts

Now .

"

Don't let the fun out of it for you , l personally don't care if l don't get a meet, maybe lm stupid to say such a thing but l know type is type and that's the way it goes but l enjoy the forums , Fab is a jungle tbh and maybe some are only here cause they think they get laid straight away , it doesn't work at all like that, all l can say is l understand how you feel but don't ever lose the fun or enjoyment out of it.

» Add a new message to this topic