FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Using calorie cycling for weight loss.

Using calorie cycling for weight loss.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

It is not a diet, but rather another approach that makes it easier in my mind, another word for it is zig zag dieting where the weekly calories matters more rather than the daily ones. I have started it this week and I like it, so for example. I have lowered my calories to 2500 which equals to about 17500 in a week, then you divide it into different days like low and high days. I have 3 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900, have you tried it? It is more fun than rather just focusing on the daily calories

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

This is pretty much what I'm trying to do but without the focus on calorie intake. I find that cutting two evening meals out of a week and snacking on food such as rice cakes and nuts is really helping.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m the opposite way. I have a very very small appetite and mostly eat one meal per day (breakfast).

I need to make sure I’m getting enough calories. So I count them for that purpose.

Most people think that it’s heaven but it’s not.

Have you tried eating when you’re not hungry? It’s horrible.

Interesting concept Shag. Daily calories don’t matter too much but I have found recently that for me to drop body fat percentage I need to be under 1000 a day in a regular basis so I don’t think this would work for me

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It wouldn't work for me, my calorie usage varies day to day so I need the daily control over my intake

So if I read your post right Shag it’s not a diet but it is a diet.

Best of luck and don’t mix your zigs up with your zags!!!!!

Tony

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Interesting concept Shag. Daily calories don’t matter too much but I have found recently that for me to drop body fat percentage I need to be under 1000 a day in a regular basis so I don’t think this would work for me"

You'll fade away to a shadow on such a low calorie intake

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Most people can’t even count calories properly to maintain a deficit long enough to lose weight

I’ve personally done these. I just called it “saving calories in the week to spend on the weekend”

"This is pretty much what I'm trying to do but without the focus on calorie intake. I find that cutting two evening meals out of a week and snacking on food such as rice cakes and nuts is really helping."
That is also a good way of doing it

"I’m the opposite way. I have a very very small appetite and mostly eat one meal per day (breakfast).

I need to make sure I’m getting enough calories. So I count them for that purpose.

Most people think that it’s heaven but it’s not.

Have you tried eating when you’re not hungry? It’s horrible."

That is good and yes I have done that one or 2 times, but mostly I have a big appetite and I have no problem to eat alot, it is harder to eat less I have noticed, but manageable with low calorie foods like sauerkraut, which is one of my favourites

"Interesting concept Shag. Daily calories don’t matter too much but I have found recently that for me to drop body fat percentage I need to be under 1000 a day in a regular basis so I don’t think this would work for me

You'll fade away to a shadow on such a low calorie intake "

That’s what I thought but I have such a low calorie maintenance level

w

"Interesting concept Shag. Daily calories don’t matter too much but I have found recently that for me to drop body fat percentage I need to be under 1000 a day in a regular basis so I don’t think this would work for me

That’s what I thought but I have such a low calorie maintenance level"

1000 for a guy is so low it’s a serious cause for concern. At that level you’ll struggle to get proper nutrition.

I’d see a doctor personally. There’s an extremely good chance it’s not 1000, but instead your method for finding your TDEE is flawed.

Even very small women fall around the 1200 mark. 1000 for a guy is unheard of

Unless your 5’2 severely over weight and bed bound all day? I dunno

w

That’s what I thought but I have such a low calorie maintenance level

1000 for a guy is so low it’s a serious cause for concern. At that level you’ll struggle to get proper nutrition.

I’d see a doctor personally. There’s an extremely good chance it’s not 1000, but instead your method for finding your TDEE is flawed.

Even very small women fall around the 1200 mark. 1000 for a guy is unheard of

Unless your 5’2 severely over weight and bed bound all day? I dunno "

Under weight **

"It is not a diet, but rather another approach that makes it easier in my mind, another word for it is zig zag dieting where the weekly calories matters more rather than the daily ones. I have started it this week and I like it, so for example. I have lowered my calories to 2500 which equals to about 17500 in a week, then you divide it into different days like low and high days. I have 3 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900, have you tried it? It is more fun than rather just focusing on the daily calories "

What do you have on the one odd day? Since there are 7 days in the week and you have accounted for 6. It sounds very much like the 5/2 diet

"It is not a diet, but rather another approach that makes it easier in my mind, another word for it is zig zag dieting where the weekly calories matters more rather than the daily ones. I have started it this week and I like it, so for example. I have lowered my calories to 2500 which equals to about 17500 in a week, then you divide it into different days like low and high days. I have 3 low days of 2200 and 3 high days of 2900, have you tried it? It is more fun than rather just focusing on the daily calories

What do you have on the one odd day? Since there are 7 days in the week and you have accounted for 6. It sounds very much like the 5/2 diet "

Yes. I missed one day there. I meant 4 low days with 3 high days

"Interesting concept Shag. Daily calories don’t matter too much but I have found recently that for me to drop body fat percentage I need to be under 1000 a day in a regular basis so I don’t think this would work for me"
That is good and yes, different things works differently for everyone. I will try this approach and see how it goes.

"It wouldn't work for me, my calorie usage varies day to day so I need the daily control over my intake"
That is also good .

"So if I read your post right Shag it’s not a diet but it is a diet.

Best of luck and don’t mix your zigs up with your zags!!!!!

Tony"

Ty and yes, it will be fun with the zig zaggings, in the article I read it as well doesnt say it is a diet, here is a piece of it:

"Not really a diet at all, put simply, it is a way of eating fewer calories some days, and more calories other days"

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Most people can’t even count calories properly to maintain a deficit long enough to lose weight

I’ve personally done these. I just called it “saving calories in the week to spend on the weekend” "

I always advise to start your weekly count on a Friday, so if you go over you can adjust for the rest if the week

"Most people can’t even count calories properly to maintain a deficit long enough to lose weight

I’ve personally done these. I just called it “saving calories in the week to spend on the weekend”

I always advise to start your weekly count on a Friday, so if you go over you can adjust for the rest if the week "

That is good. I like to start mine on monday, as I find it easier to do it that way too

Here is my zig zag plan

Monday low 2200

Tuesday low 2200

Wednesday high 2900

Thursday low 2200

Friday high 2900

Saturday high 2900

Sunday low 2200

"Here is my zig zag plan

Monday low 2200

Tuesday low 2200

Wednesday high 2900

Thursday low 2200

Friday high 2900

Saturday high 2900

Sunday low 2200

"

That’s awesome

"Here is my zig zag plan

Monday low 2200

Tuesday low 2200

Wednesday high 2900

Thursday low 2200

Friday high 2900

Saturday high 2900

Sunday low 2200

That’s awesome "

Ty .

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Why

"Why"

Why not, it's just another way of doing it.

"Why

Why not, it's just another way of doing it."

That is right and it is a good approach as well

» Add a new message to this topic