FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any cacti keepers on here?

Any cacti keepers on here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've got a dome type cactus which was dark green, but seems to be going pale, with brown patches and now has the odd small tear in the skin.

I've repotted with proper cacti compost and fed it. I did notice the roots were wet so not sure if over watering?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

"I've got a dome type cactus which was dark green, but seems to be going pale, with brown patches and now has the odd small tear in the skin.

I've repotted with proper cacti compost and fed it. I did notice the roots were wet so not sure if over watering? "

Water it once per week

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"I've got a dome type cactus which was dark green, but seems to be going pale, with brown patches and now has the odd small tear in the skin.

I've repotted with proper cacti compost and fed it. I did notice the roots were wet so not sure if over watering?

Water it once per week "

Way to much water it can b left months without x

Water it once per week

Way to much water it can b left months without x"

Oh right - thanks

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Mine's called Colin

By *x cplCouple  over a year ago

North of Oxford

Cacti like many plants can also suffer from condensation when in windows. This can often lead to mould and infections..make sure its well ventilated and dry.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

"Cacti like many plants can also suffer from condensation when in windows. This can often lead to mould and infections..make sure its well ventilated and dry."

I was gonna say the same thing. We have 2 cacti in our house, one is around 6 years old. Owned by my 14 year old son. He looks after it well. My grandad was very high up in the cacti world. Won 100's of awards for his. Some were so big, they grew in washing up bowls. He also had 2 tortoises, who lived in the very hot green houses.

» Add a new message to this topic