FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Flying

Flying

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am a frequent flyer. On todays flight I watched whilst the crew did the safety briefing and very few passengers we paying attention. Most on the plane were not British. Is it British trait to pay attention or just good manners.....or just common sense when you are about take of in what is a bomb!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I am a frequent flyer. On todays flight I watched whilst the crew did the safety briefing and very few passengers we paying attention. Most on the plane were not British. Is it British trait to pay attention or just good manners.....or just common sense when you are about take of in what is a bomb! "

I used to fly to London weekly and I have always noticed people paying zero attention to the safety briefing...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I actually nearly got thrown off a plane when my friend and I were chatting through the safety spiel ....wed had a delay and a few drinks.....i felt like a naughty child ...but i suppose we should pay attention !

I rarely fly but when I do I always listen to the safety speech, and read the card in the back of the seat. My friends always mocked me for it, but I argue that I'll be the one off first should anything happen.

I never drink on a flight, never sleep, will always check life jacket is under seat, and always make a mental note of nearest doors in front and behind.

Some may think it's over the top, I think it's sensible and will increase your chances of getting out quickly and safely!

I used to listen to it when I was younger, its the same every time, so why keep listening?

Reality is if the plane crashes your chances of survival are pretty slim anyway.

"I used to listen to it when I was younger, its the same every time, so why keep listening?

Reality is if the plane crashes your chances of survival are pretty slim anyway. "

Ask the passengers on the flight from Glasgow today....

Paying attention to the safety brief could not only save your life, but someone elses.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"I am a frequent flyer. On todays flight I watched whilst the crew did the safety briefing and very few passengers we paying attention. Most on the plane were not British. Is it British trait to pay attention or just good manners.....or just common sense when you are about take of in what is a bomb! "

have flown frequently since was a child ... always make a note when seating as to where the nearest exit is to my seat then settle back ...

only usually watch the briefing if the stewardess is a bit tasty (then again these days its often shown on the AV system )

I fly often too and when you see the same spiel week in week out its kind of hard to pay attention. I normally glance at the nearest exit then doze off

Let's test the theory then and see if frequent flying means you know what to do - and no googling!

What do you do to get the door open if you are the first one at the door and it is shut with 100 other people pushing you? Cabin is Dark full of smoke and you can't see the markings on the door

Answers on a postcard......

xx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Let's test the theory then and see if frequent flying means you know what to do - and no googling!

What do you do to get the door open if you are the first one at the door and it is shut with 100 other people pushing you? Cabin is Dark full of smoke and you can't see the markings on the door

Answers on a postcard......

You panic like and pull the pad off the top of the door grab both handles pull down and throw out the door.... get your duty free and life jacket and jump onto the chute!

xx "

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Who saw that plane crash programme? Don't sit in 1st class!!!

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm probably guilty of not listening at times... Although I take an average of 4 flights a week.

The one thing I do always do is count how many rows away from the emergency exit I'm sitting, so that if I need to find it and can't see.... I can feel my way there by the number of rows

» Add a new message to this topic