FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Consistency.......

Consistency.......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on and off Fab for a few years and always enjoyed the forums.

Yesterday I started a thread asking in general if someone blows their top one time and blurts out a racist remark to someone should they be thereafter labelled racist. It was deleted and I was given a 24 hour time out the reason given was there could be legal ramifications or people could start adding stories personal to them. Fair enough if those are the rules.

Today I come back to see a long running thread about Nick Griffin, who tweeted the address of 2 men who raised and won a legal action against a B&B which is ongoing and will be appealed. Also the police are now looking into whether Griffin has committed an offence.

So my question is where's the consistency and I wonder if this will be closed/deleted now. I did message admin but they say they don't reply to such queries so how do we know if one mod will allow a thread then another will not only delete but issue time outs?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Will this thread be worth getting the popcorn out for?

I think it's pretty clear in this case, very similar threads, one gets deleted and poster gets time out and the other is left to run. I'm not throwing my dummy out the pram or anything but something's not right.... Is it?

"I've been on and off Fab for a few years and always enjoyed the forums.

Yesterday I started a thread asking in general if someone blows their top one time and blurts out a racist remark to someone should they be thereafter labelled racist. It was deleted and I was given a 24 hour time out the reason given was there could be legal ramifications or people could start adding stories personal to them. Fair enough if those are the rules.

Today I come back to see a long running thread about Nick Griffin, who tweeted the address of 2 men who raised and won a legal action against a B&B which is ongoing and will be appealed. Also the police are now looking into whether Griffin has committed an offence.

So my question is where's the consistency and I wonder if this will be closed/deleted now. I did message admin but they say they don't reply to such queries so how do we know if one mod will allow a thread then another will not only delete but issue time outs?"

There will be standard rules and mods will apply common sense, also don't forget there are people that report threads and the mods must take action.

Btw you shouldn't really be discussing a thread that has been deleted or you forum ban, but I hope you find your answers.

"Will this thread be worth getting the popcorn out for? "

I wouldn't have thought so

Threads that overtly mention time outs and closed threads are rarely welcomed by mods or admin.

Realistically they are the only people who can answer the OPs comparison and query or offer any reasons as to why a parity seems to exist.

Other comments are likely to turn out to be bandwaggoning or placard waving from the disgruntled.

I think it's fair to want to discuss forum ban if it's to try to clarify the rules, especially if, as the OP says, admin has refused answer.

How can we stick to the rules if we don't understand them?

I wouldn't want to be a mod. I think they have a hard job and want to be diplomatic and fair but as one poster reiterated, how are we to know reasons for deleting threads when we get a bland email which doesn't really explain anything then other almost identical threads are left to run (hoping not to be given a time out again here)

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Unfortunately you are probably going to get another timeout for discussing it

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Also threads that concern a news item which is readable in papers and the media are a whole different ball game to a discussion which could be considered/interpreted to be about other site users.

I have fallen foul of that - my first ever time out was for being shocked at a message and telling the forum it's contents. And I have had threads taken down due to not being clear that the conversation/situation referred to was not one from this site.

"I think it's fair to want to discuss forum ban if it's to try to clarify the rules, especially if, as the OP says, admin has refused answer.

How can we stick to the rules if we don't understand them?"

it would be good to have a right to appeal. I have had a timeout before and was totally oblivious to the rule I had broken.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I reckon about 5 mins before the thread goes snap crackle pop

"I reckon about 5 mins before the thread goes snap crackle pop"

Oh we'll, C'est la vie. The trials we have to endure for democracy

Forum Mod

Ok what im going to do is have to close this for the simple reason that all and sundry will come in saying that any bans they had were unfair and admin do ask that if you have any concerns than to contact them about it privately and not on the forums

You won't get the answer you need on here as the only ones that can help are admin themselves and they won't discuss your ban in an open forum anyway as that would be unfair

Try them again