FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tramadol

Tramadol

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just been given 50mg with instructions to take 2 every four hours anyone had these before as always nervous with prescription medication???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah, made me feel really ill for the next 24 hours, needless to say I didn't take anymore

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I have taken them in the past. You cannot drive on them. When I take them they knock me out within 20 minutes for 10 hours!!

id have asked your GP or expressed concerns you may have at the time you were issued with the prescription.. or with the pharmacist at the time you collected it.

I take these often. And have no problems with them. Never ever been told I can't drive on them though.

They are a morphine based tablet and can become highly addictive if not taken properly

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

you must be in a lot of pain to have been given these so take them if you need them but if you're concerned ring your pharmacy or GP surgery for advice. I took tramadol for a while and they did make me incapable of everything but sleep

i used to be on these - max I could take in 24 hours was 6 rather than the 8 (that made me feel weird and odd!!), I would recommend that you take plenty of water all the time u r taking the tablets cos otherwise u will be slurring your speech like u r pissed and have a very dry mouth ........... some people are intolerable of tramadol, so be cautious

I have used Tramadol regularly for years..Like all medication everyone can react differently. I know they can cause drowsiness, but personally I never have a problem and take a higher dose when needed (as prescribed by my GP)

I also have never been told not to drive on them, but I think it comes down to common sense..if you feel drowsy then don't drive or use machinery etc.

well i have taken 2 and i can honestly say i have no lesser feeling of pain, strange spend 7 pound on a prescription and may aswell take a 69p pack ibuprofen

"well i have taken 2 and i can honestly say i have no lesser feeling of pain, strange spend 7 pound on a prescription and may aswell take a 69p pack ibuprofen "

How long ago did you take them?

took them at around 2pm

Ask your pharmacist if you are concerned.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"well i have taken 2 and i can honestly say i have no lesser feeling of pain, strange spend 7 pound on a prescription and may aswell take a 69p pack ibuprofen "

69p!! I only pay 30-odd pence...

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I'm on trammies for my sciatica and arthritis, def takes the edge of it for me, occasionally I get drowsy with them but not all the time, to be honest I found valium more effective painwise but they turned me into a vegetable (well more of a veg than usual...) Hope you're soon feeling better

thanks, well i bashed my head at work last week and noticed on the friday my leg was vey numb and felt like a dead leg and docs said today may have a trapped nerve or in some cases a knock to the head can cause strange things to happen to your body, the pills are for this as does get quite painful when standing all day, basiclly being a big pansy but oh well signed off work till monday

I've taken them and they keep me awake !!!! Also didn't really help with the pain so speak to GP as they don't work for everyone xx hope you feel better soon

...and the doctor didn't suggest a scan, given that you knocked your head and your leg is going numb?

"thanks, well i bashed my head at work last week and noticed on the friday my leg was vey numb and felt like a dead leg and docs said today may have a trapped nerve or in some cases a knock to the head can cause strange things to happen to your body, the pills are for this as does get quite painful when standing all day, basiclly being a big pansy but oh well signed off work till monday "
i have been on tramadol for 4 years for back pain if you have bashed your head and eneded up with a numb leg you dont want tramadol you need a new doctor

"Just been given 50mg with instructions to take 2 every four hours anyone had these before as always nervous with prescription medication??? "

I have taken Tramadol for a number of years, they are very effective, only very occasionally do they knock me out.

I have also never been told not to drive while taking them.

As with all prescription drugs though, they always err on the side of caution and say the standard

"Do not operate heavy machinery and may effect the ability to drive"

"thanks, well i bashed my head at work last week and noticed on the friday my leg was vey numb and felt like a dead leg and docs said today may have a trapped nerve or in some cases a knock to the head can cause strange things to happen to your body, the pills are for this as does get quite painful when standing all day, basiclly being a big pansy but oh well signed off work till monday i have been on tramadol for 4 years for back pain if you have bashed your head and eneded up with a numb leg you dont want tramadol you need a new doctor"

Just seen, yes I am not sure tramadol will help.

I have these on prescription and took 1 on Tuesday morning.. No effect, took 2 that evening and you'd swear I was on the drink all day.. Totally knocked me.. I was spaced out of my head!

Serious "hang over" next day too..

Be careful with them

i know i did ask about scan but he said i would need more symptoms befor thinking about this, i have been told its a cyatic nerve trapped??? ( i really dont know will try 3 at about 6 and maybe will help with the pain

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Just seen your knock on the head post and agree - new Doctor...a friend of mine took a knock to the head and ended up with a diagnosis of PTSD after months of different problems...get back onto your surgery - good luck x

"i know i did ask about scan but he said i would need more symptoms befor thinking about this, i have been told its a cyatic nerve trapped??? ( i really dont know will try 3 at about 6 and maybe will help with the pain"

Whatever you do don't take 3!

Way too many....you will definitely knock yourself out.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe a second opinion? Might be worth it.

"They are a morphine based tablet and can become highly addictive if not taken properly "

So instead of swollowing them you crushed them up and snorted them?

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I've taken them and they keep me awake !!!! Also didn't really help with the pain so speak to GP as they don't work for everyone xx hope you feel better soon "

They do the same to me! I was hyper and awake for 48 hours on one dose

And as an insomniac who takes painkillers to deal with the muscle tension I get when I can't sleep for weeks it was a bit of an own goal...

Little note; there is a thriving black market in trammies so make sure you keep then safe and if you decide not to take them return them to a pharmacy for disposal.

Had tramadol 200mg one 3 times daily was a total waste of space i found. they dont suit everyone just like any other tablets.

Billy

Buy a copy of Tramadol Nights the CD by Frankie Boyle you will laugh so much your pain will be a thing of the past!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

From the voice of experience I take tramodol, naproxen besides other meds to control pain. Naproxen is better for nerve pain as they also help with swelling of soft tissue.

I never take anything you not happy with. If you had a good enough blow to the head and you didn't go though a accident department I would have said it was unwise, if you not sure what to do go to your out of hours or walk in centre if still not happy visit accident and emergency. By the way did doctor ask you if there was anyone at home to keep a eye on you

By *picenicelyCouple  over a year ago

third star on the right

"I take these often. And have no problems with them. Never ever been told I can't drive on them though."

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Not being rude to those who have posted on here but I'd speak to my GP or pharmacist if I wanted advice about medication rather than asking on the internet.

Same goes for legal advice... although it'd be a solicitor or a lawyer not the doc, obviously

Hope you're feeling better soon.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Go back to your GP and question the dosage he has prescribed for you....and do so as soon as he/she can fit you in. Failing that ask for a telephone appointment with your GP if he/she cannot see you.

Asking advice on a swingers forum about something that is so potentially serious is foolhardy.

600mg a day is excessive

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Not being rude to those who have posted on here but I'd speak to my GP or pharmacist if I wanted advice about medication rather than asking on the internet.

Same goes for legal advice... although it'd be a solicitor or a lawyer not the doc, obviously

Hope you're feeling better soon."

"They are a morphine based tablet and can become highly addictive if not taken properly "

Almost.

Tramadol are a synthetic opioid. They contain no morphine but the body metabolises it the same way as morphine. They are less addictive than codeine.

They do have a long list of side effects the most common is nausea and vomiting and a feeling of being high. Personally I can't understand why he prescribed them after reading about the OP's symptoms. I would have prescribed Diazepam and Naproxen

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I research all side effects before taking something new.

With pain medication, I also review the potential for taking different types of medication, which will work in different pain attacking ways. Obviously a pharmacist would easily be able to advise, and you could inform them off all meds that you're taking. Some pain meds may not work at all for the type of pain that you have, so would just be wasteful to take them.

» Add a new message to this topic