FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Be very careful wot u wish for ...

Be very careful wot u wish for ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some forumites know I went for an inter_iew a few weeks ago - and didnt really want the job, well I sort of said I didn't want the rejection either .................

Today I have heard about the job .......... and got exactly wot I asked for ................

My email says "Thank u for your application for the above post. Whilst I am unable to make you an immediate offer you have been placed on a reserve list and further offers may be made. The reserve list will run for a period of (INSERT PERIOD) months from the date of this email".

Now that is completely what they sent me, I am now confused because

1) there is no insert period

2) does that mean I am on the reserve list for the job I applied for if someone doesnt take it

3) on the reserve list for a further job that might materialise

Anyone wanna elaborate please!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

My interpretation minxie is that you did pretty well at your inter_iew but they have a preferred candidate. Therefore, rather than turn you down completely, they are putting you on a reserve list so that they can offer you a position if:

A) the job offer is turned down

B) another position comes up

They haven't specified a time period so that it isn't restrictive

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My interpretation minxie is that you did pretty well at your inter_iew but they have a preferred candidate. Therefore, rather than turn you down completely, they are putting you on a reserve list so that they can offer you a position if:

They haven't specified a time period so that it isn't restrictive "

I agree and well done though Minx as you did do well

thank u xx they are laughing here cos originally I said I didnt want it - and then said but I dont wanna be rejected either - didnt expect to get just that though lol

"My interpretation minxie is that you did pretty well at your inter_iew but they have a preferred candidate. Therefore, rather than turn you down completely, they are putting you on a reserve list so that they can offer you a position if:

I agree and well done though Minx as you did do well "

Ditto!!

All you need to do now is work out who's top of their wish list and drop a grand piano on them from a great height!

Good luck!! x

"Some forumites know I went for an inter_iew a few weeks ago - and didnt really want the job, well I sort of said I didn't want the rejection either .................

Today I have heard about the job .......... and got exactly wot I asked for ................

My email says "Thank u for your application for the above post. Whilst I am unable to make you an immediate offer you have been placed on a reserve list and further offers may be made. The reserve list will run for a period of (INSERT PERIOD) months from the date of this email".

2) does that mean I am on the reserve list for the job I applied for if someone doesnt take it

"

No, I think the person who sent is, by night, a single guy on Fabs who will no doubt post a new thread moaning about women who moan about single guys who send 100's of cut n paste messages without bothering to look at their profiles....

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

sounds like they are a company that will make mistakes and be a shite employer

or

you could be pro active in following it up

"Some forumites know I went for an inter_iew a few weeks ago - and didnt really want the job, well I sort of said I didn't want the rejection either .................

"

My interpretation is that you should apply for the job of whichever moron sent you the letter as they obviously don't care enough to check before sending.

"sounds like they are a company that will make mistakes and be a shite employer

or

you could be pro active in following it up"

unfortunately u cannot get hold of them - they are one of these companies that sift out their applications to a firm that sort out the recruitement and I dont mean a recruitment agency so its all done on the computer but hey ho - something will happen and turn up

My interpretation is that you should apply for the job of whichever moron sent you the letter as they obviously don't care enough to check before sending. "

perhaps they are holding my details on file to offer me said morons job lol

"

mm, what kind of insertion of what kind of thing would that be I wonder......

mm, what kind of insertion of what kind of thing would that be I wonder...... "

As I only quoted wot it says in my email I couldn't possibly comment

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

They haven't specified a time period so that it isn't restrictive "

I wouldn't let it stop you from applying for other roles.

good luck

good luck"

thank u and am still at it

In Your Bush

Think you would make a good politician Minxy

good luck

thank u and am still at it "

Yep, good luck. You're always 'at it' Minxie on here - causing mayhem and merriment in your usual inimitable style!!!

"Think you would make a good politician Minxy"

I dont have the ability to be able to lie through my teeth - therefore I would make a bad one

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"

I didn't realisd you were going to make my 'I want to mert you' form public

I didn't realisd you were going to make my 'I want to mert you' form public "

'I want to mert you' form - is this some new sexual technique we should know about - merting??!!

I didn't realisd you were going to make my 'I want to mert you' form public "

oh oooooops sorry - it just slipped out

In Your Bush

"Think you would make a good politician Minxy

I dont have the ability to be able to lie through my teeth - therefore I would make a bad one "

You also cant give a straight answer lol

"Think you would make a good politician Minxy

I dont have the ability to be able to lie through my teeth - therefore I would make a bad one

You also cant give a straight answer lol"

I did lol, did it have too many syllables for u then?

» Add a new message to this topic