FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > phone tariffs

phone tariffs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oodmess OP   Man  over a year ago

yumsville

im looking around at phone tariffs ..

Im on 02 now paying £15-£30pm and not getting much at all. Ive just seen Vodaphone for £10.50 with unlimited texts, 300mins x-net and 500mb download.

I've heard giff gaff are good though anyone know any good deals?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Giffgaff are superb.

Giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts are free.

0800 numbers are free.

As from 7th November, £12 gets you

250 mins

Unlimited texts

Unlimited internet (without any usage cap)

One point to mention though, there are some restrictions on tethering on Giff Gaff and you need to ensure you're on the right tariff with them if that's something you wish to be able to do.

yumsville

whats the network coverage like .. im a bit warey its another 3G offer everything get nothing service..??

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I thought giffgaff was 02???

yumsville

they use 02 masts but only hire them .. they dont own anything as its an online company.

They arent 02 as far as I know

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Ahh gotcha. Cheers

I'm on 3mobile payg. For £15 pre-pay i get 300 any network minutes, 3000 txts and all you can eat data, with no fair usage policy crap! And its good all round coverage.

Bin with orange...crap!! Vodafone even worse, with o2 now and they do provide the best coverage around the country for 3g just not very compitive with there tariffs....depends on what you are looking for and how much you travel for work really

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

You won't beat giff gaff for value for money

"You won't beat giff gaff for value for money "

Giff gaff ARE value for money. But, 3 of my mates are on it and have NEVER had their recurring goodybags! And it takes ages to get problems sorted out due to not having an actual call centre to contact, just a forum for users.

WE are with t mobile I pay 15 quid a month and get 300 minutes unlimited text and internet, the thing with giff gaff is the upfront cost of buying a payg phone, we will never go back to payg

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"You won't beat giff gaff for value for money

Giff gaff ARE value for money. But, 3 of my mates are on it and have NEVER had their recurring goodybags! And it takes ages to get problems sorted out due to not having an actual call centre to contact, just a forum for users."

Weird ! I have never had any issue. Same as anything though. Personal choice and preference

"You won't beat giff gaff for value for money

Giff gaff ARE value for money. But, 3 of my mates are on it and have NEVER had their recurring goodybags! And it takes ages to get problems sorted out due to not having an actual call centre to contact, just a forum for users.

Weird ! I have never had any issue. Same as anything though. Personal choice and preference"

Very true! Whatever suits the individual!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

GiffGaff are owned by O2/their owners, it's just a virtual operator, run in a slightly different way, using the same network as O2.

As for getting best value, determine how much flexibility you need, where you want coverage - as there are still differences.

And consider how looooooooong or not, you want to be tied into a contract. I don't do longer than 12 months, as I don't trust any of them generally. I've got a feeling giffgaff run short-term contracts/payg, but haven't used them.

Cashback sites often give you cashback, if you sign a contract with a network or dealer, following links from their sites, and it may be a considerable amount of money. In fact, everytime you may buy something online, it's always worth checking for cashback.

Finally, consider a sim free deal, if you have reliable compatible hardware, as you'll usually get more for less cost this way.

» Add a new message to this topic