FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nuclear war?

Nuclear war?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else nervous?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm trying not to think about it tbh.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Nope!.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can I shelter under those sexy legs?

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I doubt it will come to nuclear war, not even Putin is that dumb...I hope.

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

Not in the slightest.

Crazy he may be but not "that" crazy

I’m nervous of surviving one and ending up in some wild Mad Max type post-nuclear hell. If there is going to be one, I hope Mad Vlad drops it right on my head! Get it done with quickly.

But honestly people, it’s all about Project 2030, get the populace scared. The next thing in line is food shortages. Then by 2030 you’ll own nothing but never been happier. It’s all going to plan ..

#Conspiracy ..

Not really. Not much any of us can do to stop if if it happens...

Maybe slightly concerned but trying not to think about it x

Manchester (she/her)

"I doubt it will come to nuclear war, not even Putin is that dumb...I hope."

Obviously I can't link, but there's a chilling interview on Politico with Fiona Hill. Makes for uncomfortable reading and suggests that Putin might be losing it

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I not gonna lie, yesterday I had a mini meltdown about it all but there's s*d all we can do

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Not so sure about that, anything less than the total defeat of Ukraine and the installation of a puppet government will be a defeat now. Putin has gone all in.

He is also on record as saying any world that doesn't include Russia is not worth saving and should be destroyed.

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I’m not sure he’ll use a Nuclear weapon, but if he does, it’ll be a tactical Nuke on Ukraine. He won’t risk a massive response.

"I doubt it will come to nuclear war, not even Putin is that dumb...I hope.

Obviously I can't link, but there's a chilling interview on Politico with Fiona Hill. Makes for uncomfortable reading and suggests that Putin might be losing it"

If he goes full on Mad Vlad, I’m sure the Russian Military Command will intervene. Even they don’t want their kids vaporised in an unnecessary zero sum lose/lose endgame at the whim of a crackpot.

Calm your horses, Fabsters!

No, it's a pretty empty threat imo

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple  over a year ago

here & there

Bloody hell - I’m just reading a book called “command & control” the amount of accidents involving nuclear weapons over the last 50 years is astounding & I’m truly surprised we are all still here tbh.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Will it get rid of this cold I've got. xxxxx Suzi

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Obviously I can't link, but there's a chilling interview on Politico with Fiona Hill. Makes for uncomfortable reading and suggests that Putin might be losing it"

He's batsh!t crazy he doesn't even trust his own advisors, have you seen them on TV he makes his team sit 4 seats away as he's scared of covid

He's definitely crazy enough to hit the nuclear button, our best hope is his own country overpowering him

"Will it get rid of this cold I've got. xxxxx Suzi"

If we wear a face mask will that stop the thermo-nuclear fallout?

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Obviously I can't link, but there's a chilling interview on Politico with Fiona Hill. Makes for uncomfortable reading and suggests that Putin might be losing it

If he goes full on Mad Vlad, I’m sure the Russian Military Command will intervene. Even they don’t want their kids vaporised in an unnecessary zero sum lose/lose endgame at the whim of a crackpot.

Calm your horses, Fabsters! "

He will need to look over his shoulders, as the real enemy is the people he's killed at home, with his handling over the Kursk submarine disaster, that took place 4 months into his dictatorship.

Widows have long memories.

RIP, those submariners.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Why worry about something you have no control over?

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I can stop him.....I'll hop over n sneeze over him

Manchester (she/her)

He's batsh!t crazy he doesn't even trust his own advisors, have you seen them on TV he makes his team sit 4 seats away as he's scared of covid

He's definitely crazy enough to hit the nuclear button, our best hope is his own country overpowering him "

I think we focus on what we can do ourselves, if anything. In the article she suggests cutting ties with Russian financial interests, like with South Africa and apartheid. I've seen suggestions to buy digital products from Ukrainian sellers (like on Etsy) and Tim Snyder on Substack has lists of resources to help Ukraine.

And if you spot a Russian bot on social media, just block them.

I'm so angry at all the senseless deaths.. Ordinary people like you and me

I'm 'hoping' he is neutralised so we avoid a nuclear war

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The most worrying and potentially apocalyptic scenario is if a missile or thermobaric bomb were to hit the new dome over the crumbling Chernobyl sarcophagus and release the remainder of the dead core into the atmosphere.

That is more likely to happen than a tactical nuclear missile war, at l_ast at present.

MAD, mutually assured destruction is probably closer now than at any time since the Cuban missile crisis, sixty years ago; that was so decisively ended by JFK.

It will only add to the global warming ??

By *astMan  over a year ago

local

I see it like this , you fire your nukes at the furthest enemy first then start getting closer to home,

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"Anyone else nervous? "

If it happens, it happens!

I've not long had a conversation with my brother about this and what I said to him was if you have any ability to control whether it happens or not then do something, if you don't then its not in your hands to worry about.

Peterborough

"The most worrying and potentially apocalyptic scenario is if a missile or thermobaric bomb were to hit the new dome over the crumbling Chernobyl sarcophagus and release the remainder of the dead core into the atmosphere.

That is more likely to happen than a tactical nuclear missile war, at l_ast at present.

MAD, mutually assured destruction is probably closer now than at any time since the Cuban missile crisis, sixty years ago; that was so decisively ended by JFK."

And parking their toys there within spitting distance of that elephant's foot, will be more valuble a shield than any human shield strategy.

Just think Goldeneye, the Black Knight, a certain missile that wouldn't self destruct and the quick thinking that saves they day.

The longer this goes on, the more damage Putin can do.

By *rLothbrokMan  over a year ago

Lancs

It’s a concern, I think he’s mad enough but I’m not worried at the moment. His attack on Ukraine hasn’t gone to plan, he expected to be able to roll his armour through the streets and have no resistance. He likely expected the Govt to flee. He’s trying to avoid humiliation. This looks like posturing.

His language to put them in high alert or a “special mode of combat duty” isn’t in the Russian military manuals. There’s no such “special mode”, regular, heightened, threat of war and full are the nuclear armaments readiness levels, according to a former Russian military officer.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

I wouldn't count your chickens..

He is a Russian mafia leader, not a president of a democratic Country, he has little respect for human life other than those close to him. I like many hope it won't come to it.

He murders people who cross him, poisoned and irradiated his enemies abroad.

Should it come, nothing on Earth could stop it, but until then, carry on, respect others and let's hope someone in Russia will do what Russians do best - revolt by force.

I would not be surprised if Nukes are tactically used, whether as warning shots over the sea or in lower population areas to show he's willing to use them.

A normal rational person would not go that far, but Putin is not rational. He isn't dumb but has held deep hatred for what happen to USSR in 1991 and the West's part in it.

Maybe it's the plan, all or nothing with the West. Murder-Suicide could be his final act. It happens.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

i find the prospect of cross border escalation of conventional warfare is more of a worry

He is a Russian mafia leader, not a president of a democratic Country, he has little respect for human life other than those close to him. I like many hope it won't come to it.

Should it come, nothing on Earth could stop it, but until then, carry on, respect others and let's hope someone in Russia will do what Russians do best - revolt by force.

I would not be surprised if Nukes are tactically used, whether as warning shots over the sea or in lower population areas to show he's willing to use them.

A normal rational person would not go that far, but Putin is not rational. He isn't dumb but has held deep hatred for what happen to USSR in 1991 and the West's part in it.

Maybe it's the plan, all or nothing with the West. Murder-Suicide could be his final act. It happens.

"

He would need the military to be equally as crackpot to succeed. He alone can’t make it happen.

If he hovers his finger over that red button without any credible military threat to his country then I can’t for the life me see the military letting him literally destroy humanity based on a madman’s delusions.

Anyway, who fancies a fuck?

Carlos isn't worried, Carlos is cool.

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Never going to happen, it would be suicide for the whole of Russia

Longridge

"Bloody hell - I’m just reading a book called “command & control” the amount of accidents involving nuclear weapons over the last 50 years is astounding & I’m truly surprised we are all still here tbh. "

And to think, the USA planned to build nuclear engines for aircraft in the 60s.

Seems Putin thought they were a good idea as he has nuclear engined nuclear cruise missles. It won't be in your book but most of his top nuclear weapon scientists were killed during an accident with them

The Nyonoksa radiation accident, Arkhangelsk explosion or Nyonoksa explosion occurred on 8 August 2019 near Nyonoksa. The were testing an unlimited range missle.

Longridge

"Never going to happen, it would be suicide for the whole of Russia"

Do you think he cares?

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

"Never going to happen, it would be suicide for the whole of Russia

Do you think he cares?"

He cares about himself very much yes

"I’m nervous of surviving one and ending up in some wild Mad Max type post-nuclear hell. If there is going to be one, I hope Mad Vlad drops it right on my head! Get it done with quickly.

But honestly people, it’s all about Project 2030, get the populace scared. The next thing in line is food shortages. Then by 2030 you’ll own nothing but never been happier. It’s all going to plan ..

#Conspiracy .. "

dont forget Klaus' cyber pandemic

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Will it get rid of this cold I've got. xxxxx Suzi

If we wear a face mask will that stop the thermo-nuclear fallout? "

No but anti bac hand-wash is the answer

By *rReyMan  over a year ago

Waddington

Nope, keep calm and carry on swinging.

"I’m nervous of surviving one and ending up in some wild Mad Max type post-nuclear hell. If there is going to be one, I hope Mad Vlad drops it right on my head! Get it done with quickly.

#Conspiracy ..

dont forget Klaus' cyber pandemic "

He’s warned us in plain sight. Yep.

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS  over a year ago

hatfield

"Anyone else nervous? "
he has children..he will be killing them..unlike hitler who had none...russia must become an occupied country and be reduced in size.so must china.these are nations of unrational people...not all..of course.

"Not really. Not much any of us can do to stop if if it happens..."

do you think if we glued ourselves to the roads in his way then he would turn back as against our civil rights to move us , !!!!

By *uffolkClareClactonDaveCouple  over a year ago

Felixstowe/Clacton-on-Sea

"Anyone else nervous? "

Nope

I had an evening of worrying, planning and getting upset. Had to talk to my dad in the end to calm me down. Now I'm just trying to ignore it and hope it goes away

Definitely not gonna happen. Putin is just saying it in an attempt to unnerve and scare the west, he wouldnt risk total annihilation of his own country.

Even if it got to the point where he actually considered using nukes for real his own party would turn on him. All those russian oligarchs with all their global investments would lose everything, not to mention the rest of his countrymen would rather stay alive than join the west in complete annihilation

Greetings Professor Falken.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of Chess?

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 23:08:37]

"Greetings Professor Falken.

How about a nice game of Chess?"

The kids will have NO idea what the hell I’m on about!

Yes we should be

"Not in the slightest.

Crazy he may be but not "that" crazy"

He is not the craziest amongst the bunch. He just wants to be invited to the colonial crazies table and get his part of the cake as in the old colonial days.

Longridge

"Anyone else nervous? he has children..he will be killing them..unlike hitler who had none...russia must become an occupied country and be reduced in size.so must china.these are nations of unrational people...not all..of course. "

Wouldn't be the first time a sicko has taken his family - including children with them..

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Putin will be assassinated at some point the information was early but the event is happening hence war few years later

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 23:24:55]

Unless you live somewhere very remote you are most likely going to be vapourised, no pain, just gone. So I would worry about it.

Worrying about it won't help anyway.

Is that a bit of a bleak outlook?

Longridge

It's how it is..

If it happens, it happens. Live for the day and the only hope that if it does, I get time to get to my daughter and sit with her in the open while her back is turned and I face it knowing I was the last person she saw.

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

Nope.. not worried at all

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Looking forward to saving on heating bills, and got the choccy digestives and marshmallows ready for smores!

Peterborough

The kids will have NO idea what the hell I’m on about! "

"Shall we play a game?"

It's been escalating for years , the Ukrainians have killed thousands of people , Russians in Donbass .

It's a very very very complex situation that a lot don't understand . But it won't come to nuclear war ,

Any war and people being killed is wrong , so it needs sorting . Always innocent people that suffer

"

Haha, do you still believe in such a thing as a Demcratic country whose leaders care about human lives? No one other than so called "Democratic countries who fight for human rights, women's rights ect" who have caused and still counting the biggest refugee crisis in human history and the death of 10's of millions of innocent children and women in the MENA since the fall of the USSR. The human tragedy of the past 32 year war on a certain faith followers disguised under the name of war on terror is no less than the WW2. Just bcz the victims are not white Europeans their "human lives" were/are not worth shouting about. Just look what's happening now in the borders of Ukraine/Poland! The Polish border groups welcoming the white skinned ones and beating up the darker skinned ones. You w

By *lina75Couple  over a year ago

dublin

"

As a Ukrainian and USSR cilld, I am totally agree with you.. Unfortunately..

Longridge

"Shall we play a game?""

The "Game" has already started...

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nope, for we who grew up tall and proud, in the shadow of the mushroom cloud, have seen it all before.

If nuclear war breaks out then I will sit outside with a glass of straight single malt and watch the flash. No point in surviving; I watched the Walking Dead. Who wants to live like that?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Shall we play a game?""

Na fancy a game of tick tock

Newry Down

How about a nice game of Chess?"

The end of the superb film, Wargames from 1983.

Matthew Broderick, Ally Sheedy, et al.

Wargaming, the dialling of telephone numbers, has found its way into hacking parlance because of this superb film's portrayal.

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

Has anyone tried giving Putin a Snickers bar?

By *orny bi sub 82Man  over a year ago

Shropshire

We're all fucked, and not in a good way. There's more to this than people realise, Ukraine being a scapegoat for siding with NATO. Russia despise the west, they want to have little to nothing to do with new world order, and are going to great lengths to prove it. Putin kicked the Rothschild's out of Russia don't forget.

I dont fear my death anymore at this point im just angry that my kids and my promise of hope is being threatened by some cowardly muppet far away and there's nothing i can do about it yet again iv no opportunity to be the hero at l_ast my next life is going to be amazing

By *regoniansCouple  over a year ago

Oundle

Oh yes he is. Putin said 2 years ago that he would rather see the world obliterated than Russia defeated. And interesting article on Sunday in the Times which suggested that he has been on a paranoid diet of anti-covid steroids the last 2 years which may be having effects on his mental disposition.

No.

The mr

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

It scares the shit out of me but I can't do a single thing to influence it so I'm trying to ignore it.

I'm not succeeding.

Past time that Special Forces took him out of the equation.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I think there are safeguards since the cuban crisis where one man just does not have the power to start any nuclear action.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

He is crazy enough, so worrying times

#Conspiracy .. "

Well... Covid past two year now war... And you're predicting food shortages..

Famine, pestilence and war... Only death left to ride forth then..

Four riders of the apocalypse?

It’s not top of my list of concerns.

In fact, I’m more nervous that scientists will experiment with dinosaur DNA, bring them back from extinction and they’ll escape sending us all back into the Stone Age.

Actually, that’s a good idea for a film.

By *uffolkClareClactonDaveCouple  over a year ago

Felixstowe/Clacton-on-Sea

"Definitely not gonna happen. Putin is just saying it in an attempt to unnerve and scare the west, he wouldnt risk total annihilation of his own country.

Even if it got to the point where he actually considered using nukes for real his own party would turn on him. All those russian oligarchs with all their global investments would lose everything, not to mention the rest of his countrymen would rather stay alive than join the west in complete annihilation"

Exactly this. Notwithstanding the fact that it needs more than one finger on buttons to launch a nuclear missile, we'd have been in much more danger of the balloon going up when that clueless, megalomaniacal, twat Trump was pretending to be a president.

Maybe that's why Putin has kept his powder dry till now, who knows?

Putin doesn't want a nuclear war because he knows no one wins. Plus, as has been said, this isn't Soviet Russia. The oligarchy have their money and investments scattered all around the world and Putin has to take account of that.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Nervous, yes, but I don't think it will come to that. I don't know to what extent Putin has actually lost his marbles and how much individual power he has to launch. I can't rule out that he would do it but I think he principally wants power and money, and he knows he would lose both if he tried it.

After this is over eather way it goes be it peace or annihilation all world leaders must have daily piss tests and see a shrink weekly any sign of drugs or being a complete utter loony they should be removed time for grown ups to run the world not publicity hounds the more boring the better tired of the putins trumps boris muppet hairs pandering to crowds and picking fights with each other

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"It scares the shit out of me but I can't do a single thing to influence it so I'm trying to ignore it.

I'm not succeeding."

Totally this.

Jo.Xx

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 01/03/22 14:17:31]

Anonymous are hacking Russian websites. People are leaving 'reviews' on TripAdvisor etc for restaurants/ shops in Russia, but the reviews are statements to let Russians know what is really happening in Ukraine. Gives me some hope.

Longridge

When I was at school - not far from a Ground Zero target near Manchester. We regularly did drills for a 3 minute warning. After watching Threads, rather than tipping the tables, taping the windows to stop shattering and white sheets over to block the flash, we refused to partake in the drills and instead went to sit in the open fields we played football on. It wasn't worth trying to survive and if hit by the light, it would be over before your brain even registered it.

We even got sanctioned for not complying!!

I grew up from the age of 8 until leaving school in fear of oblivion. Then you leave school with topic if conversations being what if Russia Nukes us.

I wrongly, thought all that shit was behind us in 1991 when the Wall came down and the USSR was dissolved.

Little did I know at the time that a paranoid prick who was in Berlin that night working for the KGB, would come back to haunt me again today.

Trust me, you learn to live with it, everyday is a good day and just hope tomorrow is as well.

Anything else, is completely beyond your control.

Yes

"Yes"

As long as the wind blows west to _ast you’ll be fine.

By *rTongueMan  over a year ago

To be honest it’s a bit like being a kid and worrying if your parents can cover the rent/mortgage. Yes if the worst happens you are going to be hugely impacted, but no matter what you do there is absolutely nothing you can do to sway what happens. So best you can do is just get on with things, and try to put it out of your mind

By *omino51Man  over a year ago

loughborough

How can I be afraid. I have a yellow flash vest, every site I go on I'm told to wear it, don't think a nuclear bomb sticks a cat in hells chance of getting me wearing that. Gotta love the H&S brigade.

Not really. I see no point in losing sleep, or worrying about something that I have zero control or influence over.

IF it’s coming in the future, be it immediate or distant, it’s coming. There ain’t a damn thing I can do to stop it.

"When I was at school - not far from a Ground Zero target near Manchester. We regularly did drills for a 3 minute warning. After watching Threads, rather than tipping the tables, taping the windows to stop shattering and white sheets over to block the flash, we refused to partake in the drills and instead went to sit in the open fields we played football on. It wasn't worth trying to survive and if hit by the light, it would be over before your brain even registered it.

We even got sanctioned for not complying!!

I grew up from the age of 8 until leaving school in fear of oblivion. Then you leave school with topic if conversations being what if Russia Nukes us.

I wrongly, thought all that shit was behind us in 1991 when the Wall came down and the USSR was dissolved.

Little did I know at the time that a paranoid prick who was in Berlin that night working for the KGB, would come back to haunt me again today.

Trust me, you learn to live with it, everyday is a good day and just hope tomorrow is as well.

Anything else, is completely beyond your control."

Totally agree

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Let me see what Lofty Wiseman says, in his SAS survival handbook. I am sure there are a few pages on the subject

Peterborough

According to an online paper called DAWN, dated 10 September 2004...

"Chechens put $20m bounty on Putin's head

MOSCOW, Sept 9: Chechen rebels placed a 20 million dollar bounty on Thursday on the head of President Vladimir Putin in a tit-for-tat response to Moscow's decision to place a 10 million dollar price tag on two top guerrilla commanders.

The rebel Internet site Kavkazcenter accused Putin of waging a "criminal war" and "murdering hundreds of thousands of peaceful civilians on the territory of Chechnya, including tens of thousands of children."

It also accused Putin of overseeing a military that kidnäps civilians, and of ruining dozens of Chechen cities. On Wednesday, Russia offered 10 million dollars to anyone who can lead them to Shamil Basayev and Aslan Maskhadov, rebel commanders whom Moscow accuses of organizing the Beslan school hostage crisis that killed at l_ast 336 people, half of them children.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. Russia views all rebels as terrorists and refuses to hold negotiations with the more moderate Chechens, relying instead on its own government that it installed in controversial elections that were condemned by the west as flawed. -AFP"

If he get holds of Ukraine, he will not be satisfied, the other ex Soviet states will be his next target.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Nope

There is bugger all I can do about it than send items to help the refugees. So I'd rather worry about something else tbh

Longridge

The damage they did to Chechnya, they may as well had nuked it, as there was nothing left of the cities they'd flattened..

I personally believe it ain't stopping at Ukraine, it will go onto every region of Eastern Europe where ethnic Russia speakers demand reunification of the USSR.

The whole of Europe is infested with Separatist ideology and Putin is encouraging them to rise up in order for his 'peacekeepers' can move in.

It will not end here and just like with Hitler, there will come a time, we can longer stand back with all the risks that entails.

Only two weeks ago, there were people here claiming hysteria and fake news, all which has since shown to be inaccurate.

As for not nuking anyone in his way and his own children and peoples, it's time to wake up and realise that if Putin wants, Putin gets at whatever cost.

And no, I certainly don't want it, but the reality is thar we are on the edge of no return.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Served in 1 BR Corps in the mid 70s and our role alongside other NATO allies was to try and hold up the 3rd USSR shock army, estimates were about 1 million of them who if they went offensive would pretty much in 48 hours either have destroyed us before the reserves from USA, Canada etc got into theatre..

The only way we would have slowed them was theatre nuclear weapons, Lance missile etc..

Which we knew would get a similar response, then we would react then they would which would mean total annihilation..

Both sides knew what the potential was which kept the status quo so that's what kept the peace and history led to the fall of the Berlin wall and the end of the USSR..

We're now in a sort of opposite scenario where NATO outnumbers the Russian federation by 9 or 10 to 1 in forces and Putin knows what the response will be if he triggers article 5, the people who prop him up also know it and won't in my opinion let it get to that..

Longridge

Well, seems Chi Jing Ping has realised his Western 'customer base' is at risk..

He want to be a peacekeeper, China needs us after all!

Nuclear war, no thanks.

By *rMrs_CCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Sadly, this is why we have the Trident nuclear detract here in the UK. People don't want to have it renewed, but we have to have it because of people like Putin. You can't turn up to a gunfight with a kitchen knife. If we got rid of the nukes, Putin would waste no time in having a pop at us.

Hubby works as a submariner so he's all over this.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Sadly, this is why we have the Trident nuclear detract here in the UK. People don't want to have it renewed, but we have to have it because of people like Putin. You can't turn up to a gunfight with a kitchen knife. If we got rid of the nukes, Putin would waste no time in having a pop at us.

Hubby works as a submariner so he's all over this. "

Or "all under" it....

Today could be the day.

See you all later.

Or not.

We’ll see.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Sadly, this is why we have the Trident nuclear detract here in the UK. People don't want to have it renewed, but we have to have it because of people like Putin. You can't turn up to a gunfight with a kitchen knife. If we got rid of the nukes, Putin would waste no time in having a pop at us.

Does it work still work ? Do they ever text it ? Isn’t it using 50 year old tech ?

They might wheel it out the museum , dust it off and find its batteries are dead and that type of chargers no longer available not even on eBay

"Today could be the day.

See you all later.

Or not.

We’ll see. "

Your sunny nature shines through

"Today could be the day.

See you all later.

Or not.

We’ll see.

Your sunny nature shines through "

Some would say almost like the flash of a nuclear warhead.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Not at all. No point worrying about something that is beyond my control.

"Not at all. No point worrying about something that is beyond my control."

Exactly what I said when my parasitic bat escaped from wuhan market.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"Not at all. No point worrying about something that is beyond my control."

Not worrying is like a shrug. Anxiety leads to action. Stop this war and rescind threats to use nuclear weapons!

Longridge

Que sera, sera

Whatever will be, will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be...

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 02/03/22 09:07:43]

Longridge

Is this the Trident that Corbyn wanted rid of and instead appease Putin and leave NATO.

That would have worked out well..

The Russian threats of nuclear war are getting more explicit.

Fareham

The Ukraine will become one big Stalingrad.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

CND

Manchester (she/her)

"The Russian threats of nuclear war are getting more explicit. "

Putin has miscalculated and is acting like a cornered dog.

He might have found a horde of simps in the west who swallow his bullshit, but not so much given actual war.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

If and when.he starts to lose his grip on power he will.press that button rather than lose everything.

He has the Bunker mentality now. Been in power too long and believes he can do anything

Peterborough

Putin blamed the West for the sinking of the Kursk, when in fact it was not the case. Typical Soviet mentality, cost cutting and cover ups, just like Chernobyl.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

#Conspiracy .. "

Nope.

I've always worked on the basis that I don't worry about things like this until it becomes an 'actual' problem or you end up worrying about nothing. And besides, if a nuclear missile does hit us then we're not going to know much about it

Hats off to abramovic after his statement saying hes giving profits of chelsea sale to to victims of ukraine war charity

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Ah, what you going to do about it? Seems like that is totally in Putins hands. We seem to be doing everything to stop him bar anything that by normal rules would warrant the use of nuclear weapons. He is continuing to rip up the rule book. Short of just say OK mate do what the fuck you like I don't see what we can do to change being at Putins whim over the button. We just have to hope that it's all scare tactics. So I just get on with things.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

It's a fail-safe that one man does not have access to THE button I think.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Hats off to abramovic after his statement saying hes giving profits of chelsea sale to to victims of ukraine war charity "

Business..

He probably stands to lose more and not just financial wise if he publicly condemns the butchery that putin is committing ..

Whilst the money to charity is a good thing it's small change tbh..

Hopefully this will not end in nuclear conflict, if it does this whole planet is well & truly fucked.

Just have to hope that Putin's 'friends' decide he has to go, and eliminate him before he can push the button.

By *7mutleyTV/TS  over a year ago

cambridge

Nope

"Hats off to abramovic after his statement saying hes giving profits of chelsea sale to to victims of ukraine war charity

Business..

He probably stands to lose more and not just financial wise if he publicly condemns the butchery that putin is committing ..

Whilst the money to charity is a good thing it's small change tbh.."

not that good business hes also walking away from the £1.6bn debt hes owed too

By *heGreenMan555Man  over a year ago

Chichester

He’s been known to say that if Russia is threatened he just might, for to him a world without Russia is not a world worth inhabiting. Plus, he’s clearly gone bonkers.

I’m trying not to think about it too much tbh

Peterborough

"Hats off to abramovic after his statement saying hes giving profits of chelsea sale to to victims of ukraine war charity "

I'm not a fan of football, but Marcus "the dinner man" Rashford is setting the bar high. This is another level!

This is how to be a role model.

Chapeau to the Chelsea boss!

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Hats off to abramovic after his statement saying hes giving profits of chelsea sale to to victims of ukraine war charity

I'm not a fan of football, but Marcus "the dinner man" Rashford is setting the bar high. This is another level!

Chapeau to the Chelsea boss! "

He's trying to appease the public, it's pure publicity.

He will gladly give away profit rather than lose all his assets

Calm your horses, Fabsters! "

That's what I'm hoping too. Some wee guy will have a moment of clarity and think "fuck this" before giving Vlad one behind the ear.

Peterborough

Chapeau to the Chelsea boss!

He's trying to appease the public, it's pure publicity.

He will gladly give away profit rather than lose all his assets"

It could be a bit of both, as he's made his bed.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Not at all. No point worrying about something that is beyond my control.

Not worrying is like a shrug. Anxiety leads to action. Stop this war and rescind threats to use nuclear weapons!"

Me sitting at home worrying is not going to stop the war.

If there is any whiff of a nuclear conflict instigated by vlad he will be popped by someone in his inner circle before you can say ‘defcon 1’

[Removed by poster at 02/03/22 21:40:48]

"Bloody hell - I’m just reading a book called “command & control” the amount of accidents involving nuclear weapons over the last 50 years is astounding & I’m truly surprised we are all still here tbh. "

Able archer was a good one ! How lucky were we !!

Peterborough

"Bloody hell - I’m just reading a book called “command & control” the amount of accidents involving nuclear weapons over the last 50 years is astounding & I’m truly surprised we are all still here tbh.

Able archer was a good one ! How lucky were we !!"

3 minutes to midnight was also a scary time.

Not gonna happen

Anyone seen Threads ? After watching that you’ll never agree with nukes . The US version called the Day after is also a good one

Fareham

"Not gonna happen "

Explain

Peterborough

From a famous website. Pronounced Weekeepeeddeeya

Before January 2020, the two tied-for-lowest points for the Doomsday Clock were in 1953, when the Clock was set to two minutes until midnight after the U.S. and the Soviet Union began testing hydrogen bombs, and in 2018, following the failure of world leaders to address tensions relating to nuclear weapons and climate change issues. In other years, the Clock's time has fluctuated from 17 minutes in 1991 to 2+1/2 minutes in 2017.[10][17] Discussing the change to 2+1/2 minutes in 2017, the first use of a fraction in the Clock's history, Krauss, one of the scientists from the Bulletin, warned that political leaders must make decisions based on facts, and those facts "must be taken into account if the future of humanity is to be preserved."[15] In an announcement from the Bulletin about the status of the Clock, they went as far to call for action from "wise" public officials and "wise" citizens to make an attempt to steer human life away from catastrophe while humans still can.[10]

On January 24, 2018, scientists moved the clock to two minutes to midnight, based on threats greatest in the nuclear realm. The scientists said, of recent moves by North Korea under Kim Jong-Un and the administration of Donald Trump in the US: "Hyperbolic rhetoric and provocative actions by both sides have increased the possibility of nuclear war by accident or miscalculation".[17]

The clock was left unchanged in 2019 due to the twin threats of nuclear weapons and climate change, and the problem of those threats being "exacerbated this past year by the increased use of information warfare to undermine democracy around the world, amplifying risk from these and other threats and putting the future of civilization in extraordinary danger."[4]

On January 23, 2020, the Clock was moved further, to 100 seconds (1 minute 40 seconds) before midnight, meaning that the Clock's status today is the closest to midnight since the Clock's start in 1947. The Bulletin's executive chairman, Jerry Brown, said "the dangerous rivalry and hostility among the superpowers increases the likelihood of nuclear blunder... Climate change just compounds the crisis".[5]

"Not gonna happen

Explain "

The second one person attempts to pull the trigger on a nuclear launch then everyone else will retaliate the same, no use trying to take out a nation with a nuclear weapon if you’re not around to take over the barren toxic land after, and I can guarantee that there are a lot of preprogrammed coordinates for Russia already in place

Fareham

Can we just nuke timewasters?

By *exas46Man  over a year ago

South East

The only worrying bit is he has nothing to lose and I dont think he would hesitate to push it. The one thing that is needed is given Putin an exit route

Longridge

And tested 3 or 4 very formidable delivery systems over the last 5 years.

Hypersonic

Drone submarine

Nuclear engined cruise missles

On top of this, high volume and overwhelming conventional.

By *lexeatonMan  over a year ago

Lichfield

Hitler killed himself as he had no way out, can anyone honestly say that he WOULDN'T have pressed the button if he could before he pulled the trigger on himself?

As much as it pains me to say, Putin needs to get something out of this. There's no winners here, just losers.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"It's a fail-safe that one man does not have access to THE button I think."

In Russia? Are you sure about that? I'm not...

Has anyone on this thread heard of the CABAL??

North West

"Has anyone on this thread heard of the CABAL??"

The satanic one? Or a different one?

Two things I have always been very frightened of....a pandemic of something like the 1918 spanish flu and another world war.

Never thought the first would happen. Pray the next one won't.

"Has anyone on this thread heard of the CABAL??"

The original CABAL? Where the word came from in the first place? Were they not the initials of the royal society members who formed "the committee to raise water by fire"? Who backed Thomas Newcomen and started the industrial revolution?

Manchester (she/her)

"Has anyone on this thread heard of the CABAL??

The original CABAL? Where the word came from in the first place? Were they not the initials of the royal society members who formed "the committee to raise water by fire"? Who backed Thomas Newcomen and started the industrial revolution?"

talk geeky to me

By *hisisntpofMan  over a year ago

bristol

"Two things I have always been very frightened of....a pandemic of something like the 1918 spanish flu and another world war.

Never thought the first would happen. Pray the next one won't."

God forbid the latter doesnt ,but in all fairness the ukrainian people are not by anymeans backing down ,civilians joining forces to save their own country ,what a show of pride that is ,i think putin has under estimated these people and hope they can overturn this power mad fool ,

I believe there only to be a satanic one ??

North West

"I believe there only to be a satanic one ??"

Go on, enlighten us about the satanic one and all this jazz with Putin. Is he a fully paid up, card carrying cabal member or is he the one doing the exorcism?

"Has anyone on this thread heard of the CABAL??

The original CABAL? Where the word came from in the first place? Were they not the initials of the royal society members who formed "the committee to raise water by fire"? Who backed Thomas Newcomen and started the industrial revolution?

talk geeky to me"

You love it.

"The Russian threats of nuclear war are getting more explicit.

Putin has miscalculated and is acting like a cornered dog.

He might have found a horde of simps in the west who swallow his bullshit, but not so much given actual war."

Not in the slightest.

I don't think it will happen due to other superpowers having nukes too.

It maybe a possibility that if Russia doesn't succeed with invading and controlling Ukraine he might use a tactical nuclear warhead which have small yields.

But if you look back over the last 20 years. Russia has successfully invaded old USSR countries. Georgia, Crimera.

It would surprise me if he went after other ussr countries

Tin town

"I don't think it will happen due to other superpowers having nukes too.

It maybe a possibility that if Russia doesn't succeed with invading and controlling Ukraine he might use a tactical nuclear warhead which have small yields.

But if you look back over the last 20 years. Russia has successfully invaded old USSR countries. Georgia, Crimera.

It would surprise me if he went after other ussr countries"

No I'm sure kicking them out of eurovision and banning the sale of Russian dolls from 2023 and calling him a very naughty boy will stop him in his tracks.

No I'm sure kicking them out of eurovision and banning the sale of Russian dolls from 2023 and calling him a very naughty boy will stop him in his tracks. "

The worlds being quite tactile against him. Big companies and financial sectors are cutting ties with russia bp, shell to name afew, gas/oil is all russia really have which is mega... if you have the worlds support. However with the world cutting ties ultimately financially is the only way of cracking him. I dont think nukes will come into it but financially he will break imo.

No I'm sure kicking them out of eurovision and banning the sale of Russian dolls from 2023 and calling him a very naughty boy will stop him in his tracks.

The worlds being quite tactile against him. Big companies and financial sectors are cutting ties with russia bp, shell to name afew, gas/oil is all russia really have which is mega... if you have the worlds support. However with the world cutting ties ultimately financially is the only way of cracking him. I dont think nukes will come into it but financially he will break imo. "

If he has nothing left then he won't care and will press the button.

Tin town

The worlds being quite tactile against him. Big companies and financial sectors are cutting ties with russia bp, shell to name afew, gas/oil is all russia really have which is mega... if you have the worlds support. However with the world cutting ties ultimately financially is the only way of cracking him. I dont think nukes will come into it but financially he will break imo. "

I'm not sure sanctions will scratch the surface. Look at the market he has right on his doorstep.... China will take all the gas and oil he's got just to fuck up the west. China will be into Nepal or Taiwan next...

Tin town

The worlds being quite tactile against him. Big companies and financial sectors are cutting ties with russia bp, shell to name afew, gas/oil is all russia really have which is mega... if you have the worlds support. However with the world cutting ties ultimately financially is the only way of cracking him. I dont think nukes will come into it but financially he will break imo.

If he has nothing left then he won't care and will press the button. "

Well of course. And if I were lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova etc I'd be more than a little anxious who will be next.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

If he has nothing left then he won't care and will press the button.

Well of course. And if I were lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova etc I'd be more than a little anxious who will be next. "

Moldova maybe. The others would have serious repercussions

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

This is a scary thought.

What happens if Putin sets off a tactical nuke in Russia, then blames another country to justify him launching nukes.

Bit far fetched I know, but you never know what he is going to do next.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm not sure sanctions will scratch the surface. Look at the market he has right on his doorstep.... China will take all the gas and oil he's got just to fuck up the west. China will be into Nepal or Taiwan next... "

Doesn't make any sense why China would want to fuck up the West it's how they make their money.

China has more billionaire's than any other country.

This is not due to their thrifty nature it's down to exporting low cost goods worldwide, and now they have a taste for it why would they want it to end.

Money is the king not politics and if China side's with Russia it stands too lose just as much as anyone.

Newry Down

Before nuclear warheads are deployed the use of dirty bombs, then chemical weapons and later lethal biological means will be used to subdue the enemy, and its citizens.

The value of life in the former soviet union is negligible; Putin is an archetypal product of a profoundly callous system.

He epitomises the Dark Triad of psychopathy, malignant narcissism and machiavellianism; a lethal combination, but one that is a sine qua non for a Russian political leader.

Tin town

I'm not sure sanctions will scratch the surface. Look at the market he has right on his doorstep.... China will take all the gas and oil he's got just to fuck up the west. China will be into Nepal or Taiwan next...

Doesn't make any sense why China would want to fuck up the West it's how they make their money.

This is not due to their thrifty nature it's down to exporting low cost goods worldwide, and now they have a taste for it why would they want it to end.

Money is the king not politics and if China side's with Russia it stands too lose just as much as anyone.

"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-60732486

Yep China wouldn't help Russia out

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

I've my head in the sand, but if intercontinental ballistic stuff starts being lobbed about I think if prefer to be at the epicenter of one going off

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Also the possibility of a stray missile hitting a NATO country (Poland) seems to be gettingting higher - then what happens?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't think it's worth getting myself stressed about it unless it happens. I've spent enough of the past few years stressed.

"I don't think it's worth getting myself stressed about it unless it happens. I've spent enough of the past few years stressed. "

Not pushing humanity aside but is anyone worried about the far right wing of Ukrainian society that’s been heavily reported over the past few years will flood into those taking in refugees? It’s definitely a concern amongst some at Whitechapel.

Manchester (she/her)

"

An authoritarian alliance is definitely not something to be sneezed at. I'm sure both Russia and China would want to capitalise upon destabilisation in the west and shift the global order.

"Before nuclear warheads are deployed the use of dirty bombs, then chemical weapons and later lethal biological means will be used to subdue the enemy, and its citizens.

The value of life in the former soviet union is negligible; Putin is an archetypal product of a profoundly callous system.

He epitomises the Dark Triad of psychopathy, malignant narcissism and machiavellianism; a lethal combination, but one that is a sine qua non for a Russian political leader."

Let’s just appreciate the above post ^ for all the long complicated words in it

"Not pushing humanity aside but is anyone worried about the far right wing of Ukrainian society that’s been heavily reported over the past few years will flood into those taking in refugees? It’s definitely a concern amongst some at Whitechapel. "

Probably why they are being careful about granting refugee visas.