FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > really need some serious help, talky shit

really need some serious help, talky shit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

as the title says really need some one to talk to. the mrs has been taken to hospital again for mental reasons and none will give me any fucking help. need someone to talk to and listen. not after anything heavy, just want someone to listen to a bloke for a change. it's killing me here ffs

jeff

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i like your pictures.

cheers legz, made me smile. but i really need someone to talk to. i'm in bits and i dont know what to do. xx

"as the title says really need some one to talk to. the mrs has been taken to hospital again for mental reasons and none will give me any fucking help. need someone to talk to and listen. not after anything heavy, just want someone to listen to a bloke for a change. it's killing me here ffs

jeff"

awwww thats so sad hun send you a email xxxxx keep ya chin up babes xxx

lipstick xxx

"i like your pictures."

whats that got to do with what hes talking about love

"i like your pictures.

whats that got to do with what hes talking about love "

nothing love.

just thought i would say something nice.

"i like your pictures."

Did you read the OP ?

Not sure how that's going to help them

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

well try to rest assured that she is in a better place now than she was with 24 hour qualified people to look after her and hopefully assist her on the road to recovery .. wish u both well

By *uriouscouple26Couple  over a year ago

longfield

Do you know there are carer support groups, it's a really difficult time tell the staff on the ward too they can give you advice, it's people like you who do a great jo but are not helped yourself

I've sent you a pm, hope it helps

It's always harder for the one left alone xxx she will be receiving the best care and you need to speak to her case worker to get some support for yourself xxx wishing you both all the best xxxx

24 hours Samaritans are there for you to off loads too ... just to open up and chat too ... they will not say do this do that ... its not there place .. they are there for you .......... and there's one local to you ..I was one and i know how thay help people in need ... you call .

"i like your pictures.

Did you read the OP ?

Not sure how that's going to help them "

I think she was just trying to cheer the o.p up by saying something nice

"24 hours Samaritans are there for you to off loads too ... just to open up and chat too ... they will not say do this do that ... its not there place .. they are there for you .......... and there's one local to you ..I was one and i know how thay help people in need ... you call ."

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"24 hours Samaritans are there for you to off loads too ... just to open up and chat too ... they will not say do this do that ... its not there place .. they are there for you .......... and there's one local to you ..I was one and i know how thay help people in need ... you call ."

This was going to be my advice to. The Samaritans are not just there for people at the end of the road looking for a way out, they are just there to listen, to help you explore your feelings about a situation with out judgement. They don't give advice but they empower you to see what help is there for you.

I hope you find the help that you need and that your wife's mental health improves so she can come home to you x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Good luck and all the best to you both for a speedy recovery x

If I may make a suggestion, I would remove the face pic of your wife in the meantime x

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

To be honest I think it might be a good idea for the Op to hide their profile while his wife is in hospital receiving treatment....out of respect to her in this difficult time.

"as the title says really need some one to talk to. the mrs has been taken to hospital again for mental reasons and none will give me any fucking help. need someone to talk to and listen. not after anything heavy, just want someone to listen to a bloke for a change. it's killing me here ffs

jeff"

Sorry to hear that mate. If your missis has been taken into hospital for mental health, presumably it was a local crisis team or community mental health team. Normally somebody is assigned to one person's case and they also should act as a care cordinator who should be able to update you on what is happening. Try and ring them, if they can't help I am sure they will be able to put you in touch with someone who can.

She is in the best place, mental health units aren't as bad as people think, I've worked in one for 5 years.

Go speak to ur GP. Work in mental health. I agree wi one comment. Think u shud hide ur profile temperalily to protect ur wife's confidentiality. x

By *uriouscouple26Couple  over a year ago

longfield

I disagree, if she was in hospital for a broken leg you wouldn't why is mental health different

More people need to talk about it mental health is so common and nothing to be ashamed of

jeff

Sorry to hear that mate. If your missis has been taken into hospital for mental health, presumably it was a local crisis team or community mental health team. Normally somebody is assigned to one person's case and they also should act as a care cordinator who should be able to update you on what is happening. Try and ring them, if they can't help I am sure they will be able to put you in touch with someone who can.

She is in the best place, mental health units aren't as bad as people think, I've worked in one for 5 years. "

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I disagree, if she was in hospital for a broken leg you wouldn't why is mental health different

More people need to talk about it mental health is so common and nothing to be ashamed of"

She isn't speaking about her health, he is.

When she feels she wants to, I agree that there should be no stigma.

"I disagree, if she was in hospital for a broken leg you wouldn't why is mental health different

More people need to talk about it mental health is so common and nothing to be ashamed of"

I think we all agree with you..

The idea of hiding profiles or temporarily taking down certain pictures is a question of respect..... Not security....

More people need to talk about it mental health is so common and nothing to be ashamed of

She isn't speaking about her health, he is.

When she feels she wants to, I agree that there should be no stigma."

He's hasnt disclosed any information? If he needs to talk to someone regarding his problems whilst he is alone then that is his choice, he's doing it privately!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No worries, happy to agree to disagree

"No worries, happy to agree to disagree"

It's the only way!

Whatever the outcome all the best to both of you and I hope your wife is soon on the road to recovery

" He's hasnt disclosed any information? If he needs to talk to someone regarding his problems whilst he is alone then that is his choice, he's doing it privately! "

Which can be done equally well with a hidden profile.......

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Been through it several times with close friend it is very hard all you can do is be there for her .

Visiting the mental health ward i found very challenging seeing some of the people that were in there and knowing that being in there wasnt helping as all in together whereas some hospitals are run in bunch of small units with more care and groped with similar people.

All the best and keep battling

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I hope the OP is feeling better today, all the best

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It can be very draining and a emotional rollercoaster for loved ones, and can seem like a thankless task....hang in there.....xxxxx

" He's hasnt disclosed any information? If he needs to talk to someone regarding his problems whilst he is alone then that is his choice, he's doing it privately!

Which can be done equally well with a hidden profile....... "

Hmm...

Cheers guys, she is back home and while not full of the joys of spring, she is a lot better. Hopefully looking into support groups in our area. Just want to say thanks for all the posts and messages I have had, been a huge help.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Good news. All the best to you both

Happy to hear, all the best

[Removed by poster at 18/10/12 07:59:46]

Good to hear x

Glad to hear that your wife is back home, we wish you both well and hope you both find the support needed.

Mind is a very good organisation, your GP should be able to tell you of local support groups.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"i like your pictures.

whats that got to do with what hes talking about love "

I thought that, but I think she was just trying to be nice. We all do things differently.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"To be honest I think it might be a good idea for the Op to hide their profile while his wife is in hospital receiving treatment....out of respect to her in this difficult time."

I agree with this, surprised the OP hasn't.

» Add a new message to this topic